Start by marking “In the Unlikely Event” as Want to Read:
In the Unlikely Event

In the Unlikely Event

𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑, 𝑠𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑎 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠.

A one-night stand born from vengeance in a foreign land.
An explosive chemistry neither of us could deny.
We signed a contract on the back of a Boar’s Head Pub napkin that said if we ever met again, we would drop everything and be together.
Eight years and thous
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: November 19th 2019

Start your review of In the Unlikely Event
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
In The Unlikely Event by L. J. Shen | Release Date: November 19th
When the author describes it as "angsty, yes, but also funny and Christmas-y and different, and just a tad wilder than my usual"...count. me. the. fuck. in.

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Well slap my ass and call me Suzie, because holy cannoli! This book came out of left field and slapped me over the head with all of the feels. This is so completely different from anything I've read by LJ to date. A unique and angsty emotional roller coaster that was addictive from beginning to finish. GAH!

Find me on:

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
So different, and yet uniquely L.J. Shen! I absolutely loved this new world and characters.

BETA read
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
L.J. Shen fans are in for a treat this November!

ITUE is unique, fresh, and such an amazing read. It is one of the the wittiest books L.J. has ever written. I don’t know that I’ve laughed so much in a long while.
Vanessa When Vane Reads
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos, arc
English/spanish version
ITUE IS BRILLIANT, MAGIC, PURE PERFECTION!, I don't have enough words to describe the magnificence of this story, it hooked me from the first words, and I WAS NOT ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN a single second, it is so entertaining that I practically inhaled the pages. The plot consumed me and stole my breath, gahhh! IT'S KINDLE CRACK.

The author brings her game A and gives us a mind-blowing story, EPIC BEYOND THE WORDS. The intricate storyline has her unique writing sty
Parker Huntington
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so surprising, different than what I expected, better than what I expected. There's something about Leigh's writing that sucks you in, and you know when you open the pages to one of her books, you're in for a wild ride. 10000000% recommended.
lucidpages

Did.
I.
Just.
Read.

CL can't come to the review section yet, because she's ... dead.
Bai.

EDITED:

Unique. Spellbinding. Whimsical. In the Unlikely Event is a seamless book beyond my comprehension. The angst, pull, and giggles it drew from me will be seared into my mind forever.
Rosita Bucio
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t know anything about it other than LJ Shen is the author, and honestly, that’s all I need.
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
I don't know what it's about but I bet I'm going to enjoy reading it.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Thank you Leigh Shen for another fantastic read, what a ride!L.J Shen takes the reader to an emotional,intense and heartwarming roller coaster!I fall in love with everything, the characters rocked this story and the story was unique!It has angst and the romance was epic!

I'm going to add more soon!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540

I CONFESS! FORGIVE ME FATHER....
hereby is my confession!
I have not till now (the arc has landed on my ipad) read the synopsis!

I signed up blind, saw the author, saw the sign ups zooming around and thought fuck it she could re-write the phone book and I'd still go in!!

BUT *phew* I am going in 100% happy!! After reading the synopsis I know this is going to be good!!
Carmen Aquino
Nov 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
New secret project by LJ Shen? This will be mine ♥ ...more
Zeynep | BlissfullyBookedd Blog |

U R G H. L.J Shen books own my ass, okay? Own it. When willll this babyyy arrive???

I think though it isn’t revealed yet, it’s maybe called something like ‘If Time Undoes Everything’
Mirjam
Oct 05, 2019 marked it as to-read

"God,” I moan.

“Partial about him, remember?” Mal jokes, kissing his way up from my breasts to my shoulders and neck, biting and teasing me as I begin to buck my hips forward and ride his hand that’s shoved inside my pants.

He rubs my clit back and forth faster, and I prepare to explode. He dips two fingers into me and lets out a groan. Then, when my climax hits me from my toes to the top of my head, he reaches into my bag with one hand, takes the camera out, and snaps a picture of my face as I come.

He captures me in such a
readingsnfeelings
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY COW. WOW. Malachy swept me off my feet with his charming grins, asshole-ish comments and overall igniting aura. I literally devoured this uniquely mesmerizing contemporary romance in one sitting yesterday. It was so not what I was expecting before diving into it, it was so much MORE. I am telling you guys, this book was a huge rollercoaster, you never know what will happen next.

This is a second-chance romance between star-crossed lovers that is full of angst, laughter, passion, lies and secr
Vanessa (Nessa)
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait to read!!! Hum... something just occurred to me. First, it’s hilarious & second and more important, it says so much about Leigh as a writer that we have yet to see a cover, a blurb or have any idea what the title means (at least I don’t) but still most of us if not all are frothing at the mouth to get our greedy little hands on it! Lol & bravo L.J. Shen!
Obsessive Book Whore
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down my favorite read of 2019!

This book pulled out all my emotions. L.J. knows how to write the perfect characters and ITUE fully delivers with a strong heroine full of sass and a sexy as sin broody Irishman I want to f@$%!

I read this book in one sitting and then started it all over again. I just could not get enough of these amazing characters.

*beta read*

Hey book whores, if you want to follow me, you can find me here

PicsArt_09-12-08.03.15 PicsArt_09-12-08.03.44 PicsArt_09-12-08.04.13

Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So excited!
Insane Book Lover
Nov 13, 2019 is currently reading it
“ Love me in secret, darlin'. ”

➡ Instagram Edit Account: @insanebooklover ❤

I am sooo freaking excited and intrigued for ITUE.

Mark your calenders. You don't want to miss this book!!!

📌 'In The Unlikely Event' is coming NOVEMBER 19th . 🙌

🌟🌟🌟 Tap on this link to Read Chapter One

——
★ I own the edit, not the pictures.💜
——
Kimberley C.
Feb 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
I just want this. Right. Now.
Bia
May 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
God please let it be better than Pretty Reckless🙏🏽
Melissa
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy He!!. This book is everything. I literally couldn't stop thinking about it once I was done. (And I put off reading the last chapter as long as possible because I didn't want it to be over.) It was sexy, funny, angsty, brilliant, and all things LJ Shen. I am a lucky duck to have been able to read it early. I just wish I could read it again for the first time.
Etty
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved all your books so far and I'm sure the next one will be a great read as well!
Alejandra Rodriguez
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the most compelling authors that gives me all the feels🥰 looking fwd to the nxt book!
Kim Manner
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hands down my favourite author! Can’t wait!!
Rukaiya M.
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Book Name : In The Unlikely Event by L.J. Shen.
Series : Standalone.
Genre : Contemporary Romance, ROMCOM.
Ratings : 5 IRISH MADNESS STARS - ★★★★★

❝Mal, Mal, Oh Mal...! Why do you need to break my fragile hurt? Why do you have to make me hurt so much? - Rukaiya.

*Glares* *Pouts* Talk to the author who wrote my character aka L.J. Shen! - Mal.❞

❝You're the four seasons, Rory. And I promise to be your shelter in the winter. To bask you in the summer. To crash into love with yo
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Sometimes you meet people who are out of this world, so you make them a part of yours.

Expected publication: November 19th 2019

BLURB :

A one-night stand born from vengeance in a foreign land.
An explosive chemistry neither of us could deny.
Eight years and thousands of miles later, he’s here.
In New York.
And he’s America’s music obsession.
The intangible Irish poet who brings record executives to their knees.
The blizzard in my perfect, unshaken s
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„There wasn’t one moment in time, from the second we met, that you weren’t mine. Just like I’ve always been yours.”

I'm stunned. In The Unlikely Event is like no other book I've ever read. It's original and outstanding. It's also so different from anything L.J. Shen has ever written, but at the same time it contains her well-known witty banter and unique phrases. Although this book contains moments that grab and squeeze the heart, ITUE has a kind of lightness that makes you absorb this story in one br
« previous 1 3 next »

• In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Heartless Hero
  • Cruel Sanctuary (Wages of Sin #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet #2)
  • Another
  • Dirty Letters
  • Dreams of 18
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Cruel Boy
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Rock Rebel (Nothing but Trouble #3)
  • Corrupt Savior (Wages of Sin #2)
  • Savior
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr