Start by marking “Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)” as Want to Read:
Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)

Killer Keys

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #10)

A celebratory weekend at a historic inn brings a blizzard, delicious cornbread, a cozy fire, and a murder… or two…

Winifred Page and her sidekick corgi, Watson, join an assortment of family and friends to celebrate her uncles’ anniversary at Baldpate Inn, nestled above Estes Park, Colorado. A blizzard is approaching, but the prospect of being snowed in means more time in
Published January 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Killer Keys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Keys

Start your review of Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #10)
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 9/23/19)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2TQR4gw

Corgis, bookstores, snowstorms, a little romance and celebrating? Ahhhh Killer Keys! I loved it!

The Gist: A family celebration at the local in goes full out drama when a blizzard hits and everyone is snowed in and then....someone starts killing staff and guests. Oh my!

Oh Fred. She manages to find so many dead people. lol I enjoy Fred. She's a little bit of a handful but she's got such a great
Laura Thomas
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
A special weekend for Fred, her family and some close friends at a rustic inn winds up being anything but. Everyone is snowed in. And Fred ends up juggling two murders. With the town of Estes Park dealing with it’s own complications due to the blizzard, their on their own. They can only hope the murder count doesn’t keep rising.

I think the series is getting leaner and meaner. A recurring theme that ties some of the earlier and present crimes to the murder of Fred’s father many years ago is being
Robin Powers
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cozy Corgi series just gets better and better. Set in the Baldpate Inn, Fred and her favorite Estes Park residents come for relaxation but with Fred around...that’s really too much to hope for. I loved the many twists this latest mystery took and really couldn’t even guess who was behind the latest incident. This story had lots of sweetness, suspicion and recent history all mixing it up to one big unsolved murder in a blizzard.
Nola Arganbright
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Snowed Inn

Even an Anniversary celebration for Percival and his husband can't murder away from Fred Page. I love this series. So much thought and action involved. Don't forget the sumptuous recipes in each book!
Victoria Smiser
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mildred Abbot gives her readers the perfect icy winter getaway set in snowy mountains with not one but two murders seemingly right under Fred and Watson’s noses.
If the magical village of Estes Park wasn’t charming enough in winter the surrounding mountains above it with postcard views must be Narnia. Placed perfectly in this snow-white mountain range at 9,000 foot is the BALDPATE INN. Holding an extraordinary collection of antique keys brings tourists from all over the world to view and
Krystyna
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Irons family has long tentacles

Another great read but just two questions were never answered. Who was the other figure and what we're they doing / moving out of the back of the van? Nice to see her relationship with Leo move up a notch. Although I must admit that Susan's handling of the case was completely out of, what I perceived, her normal character.
She, her baking BFF and Leo (naturally Winston is there too) are on the way to a family celebration weekend. The weather is frightful, snow
Grammy 1
Publisher: Amazon Digital
Rated: Mature
Release date: 1-26-2019
Genre: Murder Mystery

This is the 10th book in this series…and fans like myself who love a good who dun it….this series should be right up your alley.

Ms Abbott has painted a small quaint town called Estes Park nestled deep in the mountains of the north west . With its pretty setting….quaint facade… Ms Abbott has turned it into a cloak and dagger town with
Marylou Willis
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Fred and her friends are enjoying a weekend celebration for her uncles’ wedding anniversary at the historic Baldpate Inn. They get stuck in a blizzard, the electricity goes out and a mystery develops. Can Fred solve it?

It was a great read and kept me guessing. It fun fun to read bits and pieces of the Inn’s history especially the key room. Plus as an added bonus the recipe for the Inn’s cornbread is included and I can’t wait to try it. The locale and history will have you
Anita
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Come to Baldpate in and celebrate Percival and Gary's anniversary with the whole family and closest friends. Isolated in a blizzard, no power or phones, they are cut off from the world. A wonderful weekend away punctuated with .... murder. Between a knitting group, international students, a connection to recent events, and Fred's family/friends, it is definitely a weekend not to be missed. Mildred Abbott has yet again given another amazing story with sweet moments, suspicion around every corner ...more
Joseph Lee
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Series!

I am recovering from neck surgery and couldn't write review earlier. This is a great cozy mystery series. A smart resourceful heroine, who knows her mind & as she says follows her gut feelings. Dashing hero. A charming sidekick, Watson, a Corgi. Adorable best friend. Supportive family. - all set in the beautiful town of Estes Park, Colorado. Start reading, today.5 stars.
Brandi
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Fred and Watson, and they didn't disappoint in this book!
If you're looking for a cozy read, this series is it! Winifred and her cranky Corgi Watson get into all sorts of trouble, solving murders in a cozy mountain town!
Can be read alone, but it's so much better if you start at the beginning of the series.
Linda Wilfert
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Very exciting

I chose this rating because, to me, the book wasn't as "cozy" as I like.

The storm and loss of power added to the drama of the night of the murder. I was excited that Fred finally got together with her true love! I couldn't help giggling at Officer Susan's grumpiness. As usual, I loved Watson.

Heather Martin
Killer Keys

This is my absolute favorite book of the series! I like Fred but in previous books her waffling and indecisiveness got on my nerves. This book was the Fred I’ve wanted! This was a great mystery and I love how this series is growing. This is a must read series, especially if you love cozy mysteries!
Shirley
A corgi and cornbread

What does a corgi and cornbread have to do with a murder or two? Paired with an inn in the country, snowed in during a blizzard, you find a knitting group and a family celebrating a wedding anniversary. who is the killer! That is what you will find out but you have to read the book.
Nina Derr
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites in the series. Fred and Watson and the Scooby gang are at it again but this time they're snowed in at the iconic Baldpate in Colorado. Fred and Officer Green have to work together to solve another murder and if you throw in an eccentric group of knitters then you've got a winner with this one.
Diane McKenzie
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
With Branson gone, Fred is able to move forward with her personal life as well as finds that Susan might not totally dislike her. However, Killer Keys had a LOT of characters and I feel the family anniversary celebration was brushed aside to solve a mystery, which had to be. As always though, great setting and Fred, Watson, Leo, and Katie are a winning team.
Arow
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series, Fred and Watson are great characters and their friends and family bring the small town to life. In this adventure, the gang is celebrating Fred's Uncle's anniversary in an Inn in the mountains. There is a little love, romance, hidden secrets and of course a murder (or two). Can't wait for the next in the series.
Janice
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pull up a warm blanket and snuggle down to another great read. New characters expand the ongoing plot arch started with Brandon’s actions in previous books. The setting at the Baldpate is just fantastic. The descriptions make me want to fly there right now. And you’ll love the romance aspect too.
gary c lehn
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series...............

I must repeat myself, I love the characters in these stories. I always want a little Corgi when I read about Watson, then I think about going out for a walk when it is minis ten degrees!, NO, maybe not! The author once again has written a wonderful mystery for Fred and Watson to solve. Please enjoy it.
Debby
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
As our “friends” at the Cozy Corgi take a weekend at the historical (and real) Baldpate Inn, we find murder, a touch of romance, corgi, and cornbread. This book is a tiny bit different since it’s not placed in town and all the familiar shops. But that makes it a weekend away for the reader too! Get you fireplace going, and have a cup of cocoa at hand, as you’ll get snowed in with friends, and a murder. But unlike the guests at the Inn, you won’t want to leave till the end!

Also, the cornbread
Sherrel
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Killer Keys

Hooray! for the latest episode of Cozy Corgi Mysteries.
This story has Fred, her family and friends staying at the Baldpate Inn to celebrate the anniversary of Percival and Gary. They are stranded by a snow storm. Two murders occur. Susan Greene lives nearby and is brought to the Inn to start the investigation.
Now I'm looking forward to the next episode
Alice Kleidon
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great again!

As usual I didn't guess who the murder was. It's another of her books that keeps me spellbound and her books are getting more interesting. She leaves you hanging at the end, the murder mystery is not all solved.
Alice Vaughn
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Although sometimes the storyline gets a little bit out there, Mildred does write very well. She keeps you entertained and moves the story right along. I do love her characters! Cannot wait for the next one...
Erica Chaillot
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With every installment, I enjoy Estes Park and the characters a little bit more. There’s a murder, w blizzard, an anniversary, and romance. I love how all the stories intertwine and how it introduced the new spinoff series to come.
Bonnie J
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marvelous. Great story line

I love the growth and intrigue of the characters and story lines. Just wish you would write faster. I'm up to date now and looking forward to the next installment
Janet
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Winner!

I own a corgi so much like Watson , a grumpy
Fat ball of fur that definitely picks his favorite people. Maybe that’s why I love these cozy mysteries! They are good entertainment without gore.
Karen Candee
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder at the Inn

I’ve now read all ten of the books in this series. It truly was a wonderful surprise to find the series and even greater that it is available on Kindle Unlimited! I highly recommend this series, the characters are great and the mystery was too! Merry
Karen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Murder at the anniversary party

An anniversary weekend party, a blizzard, knitters, a first kiss, and a murder all set at a historic inn up in the mountains. What better way to spend a couple days?
Paula Kushnick
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun mystery

Mildred Abbot keeps providing excellent entertainment for mystery lovers everywhere. As a lifelong dog lover, the antics of Watson, the protagonists little corgi, provides a smile on even the most grim situation.
Cheryl
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder, mystery, and mayhem, oh my!

I love this series and always anxiously await the next book! If you've never read any of these, you are really missing out on intriguing mysteries and lots of fun interactions between characters. I can hardly wait for the next one!

• A Merry Murder at St. Bernard Cabins (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Murder at the Dog Training Academy (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • A Stab in the Dark (Whodunit Antiques, #2)
  • Letters in the Library (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #2)
  • The Saint Paddy's Promise: A Cozy Mystery (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery Book 6)
  • Harper (A Hathaway Sister Mystery, #1)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • Secrets in a Bottle (Whodunit Antiques, #1)
  • Message in the Mantel
  • Red Velvet and Revenge (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 16)
  • The Case of the Valiant Vizsla (The Thousand Islands Doggy Inn Mysteries Book 23)
  • Is This Suitcase Taken? (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #13)
  • When Fortune Knocks (Claire Rollins #7)
  • Murder at the Pet Boutique (Wagging Tail Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Wine's Up? (Rosemary Harbor #1)
  • Vegetables and Vengeance (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • Break-ins and Bloodshed (Hearts Grove Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • Fe Fi Fiddle Die (Sweetfern Harbor Mystery #12)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #8)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #9)
  • Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #11)