Start by marking “Last Resort Love (Wescott Springs #1)” as Want to Read:
Last Resort Love (Wescott Springs #1)

Last Resort Love

(Wescott Springs #1)

When love is the greatest risk of all…

Take one love-burned school teacher, add a globe-trotting bachelor, stir in the real estate deal of the century, and mix with a wild storm, and you have a sweet and sexy romp to love in the Colorado mountains.

Krissa needs a fresh start…

“Bad luck be gone.” Krissa Courtland closes her eyes and stabs a pin in the map. No more cheating exe
Published May 25th 2020 by Holly Cortelyou (first published January 29th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Last Resort Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Resort Love

Start your review of Last Resort Love (Wescott Springs #1)
MightyA
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really sweet contemporary adult romance. A definite fun read. Good writing, but not engrossing enough for me to stick to every line. It has such great promotion for the Colorado mountains, makes me felt like going there for a summer. Highly recommended.

Thank you author for letting me win it in your giveaway on Goodreads.
Rosalie Redd
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet contemporary set in the Colorado Mountains. Loved the premise of the heroine, Krissa, out to change her life and the rich landlord, Nick, who messes up her plans. Great setting description, I really fell into the beautiful landscape. Many cute encounters between the hero and heroine. I recommend this book for anyone who likes a sweet romance!

I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.
Brenda Schneider
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good story. Likeable characters. Enjoyed. I won this book from Goodreads.
Monica
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm extremely impressed with Holly Cortelyou's emotional stories, her incredible and likeable characters, and the deeply emotional journey she takes us on with her words. Last Resort Love is about leaving a tragic past behind in the hopes of finding peace within ones self with no expectations of ever finding love again; and finding happiness, comfort and even love where you least expect it. Sweet and wonderful novel!

Determined to leave bad luck behind Krissa Courtland stabs a pin in a map and f
Didi Ps
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars...

This book has a typical old style romantic vibe to it for Nick & Krissy... At one point Krissy thinks about how her behavior might be somewhat “schoolmarmish...” or in a “prim schoolteacher mode...”

In general, this was a nice story, but some romantic details weren’t mentioned... When they spend the night together, nothing is written about this except one quick line about how they ended the evening. Later, however, both characters think back to this night quite a bit... Nick even says
Kathy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series. It starts off with a bang! Ms. Cortelyou perfectly sets the stage in chapter one and it only gets better from there. Not only did I love the charismatic characters, primary and secondary, but the author's descriptive prose transported me into the beautiful Colorado Rockies where I once lived. Ah!

This was not only a great emotional read, but a fun romp as well. It was humorous, sexy and hot without any open bedroom , but the sizzle was there just the same. Krissa, t
Jeanne Okerlund
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very entertaining story. Needing a major change in her life, the main female character, Krissa decided to move to a different part of the country. With a fresh start she was ready to start her new teaching job and make some friends with the locals.

Krissa's character is written with great depth. I enjoy the thinking process that comes to having a conversation with herself. Going over all the reasons she should and shouldn't follow her gut and/or feelings. I was able to get an understand
Barbara
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a nice story by a fairly new author to me. Krissa swears off men and relationships after catching her fiance cheating and losing the baby she was carrying. She decides to get out of town and get a fresh start in a new location. She ends up in Wescott Springs, CO, eagerly awaiting the start of her new teaching position. When she arrives, ready to move into the cabin she had rented, she finds that it had been destroyed by a falling tree during a bad storm. Her landlord, Nick, lets her sta ...more
Becky Claxon
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book that I thoroughly enjoyed. I felt bad that Krissa had important men leave her in her life which made her untrusting of men and love. She sounded like a wonderful teacher where the students loved her. I was sorry that the principal was a money hungry witch that gave Krissa a hard time. Nick was very good with his family he made me smile with the time he spent with his nephews and nieces. I was glad to see him reevaluate what was important in his life. I liked him and Krissa to ...more
Nancy Peach
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love must be in the air!

My favorite genre of reading is romance and Holly doesn’t disappoint with her books ever! The story of Nick and Krissa keeps you wondering if happily ever after can happen for them. They truly are drawn to each other but things keep happening to them that keeps them apart. You get caught up in the characters and their friends and families....it’s a rollercoaster. It was a fun, sweet read wanting me to keep reading....but all too soon the book is finished! Holly has become
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
When The Truth Catches You

Krissa has moved far away. Away from her cheating ex, controlling mother and brother who can't make heads or tails of his life. She's sticking with her small town move, 6 th graders and online tutoring.

Nick Olin doesn't date seriously ever. He's upgraded and perfected his uncle's resort and is looking to sell it and take on a bigger challenge.

Until the cottage Krissa has rented is destroyed by Mother Nature. He feels the need to offer his guest cottage. What is with the
RoseyLovesBooks
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teacher Krissa Courtland is done with men after her cheating ex-fiancé marries the other woman. Krissa moves to Westcott Springs for a fresh start and her new neighbor is the handsome Nick. Resort developer Nick Olin thinks the smoking hot Krissa would be a nice little distraction from all the pressure of prepping the resort for sale but Krissa avoids him every chance she gets. Will Nick be able to convince Krissa to give him a chance?

Last Resort Love is a fun, sweet and drama-filled story that
Anne Donaldson
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great start to the series, setting the scene, introducing a range of characters, and making the reader fall in love with the Colorado mountains. The story itself is fairly light-hearted; this is a “happy” read that leaves the reader feeling better about humanity and life in general. Krissa is likeable, “normal” kind of heroine – she’s been badly hurt, her apprehensions are realistic and understandable. Nick is honest from the start, which is rare in too many romance novels. This is a d ...more
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good description of the area, not being familiar with the area I was able to see it in my minds eye. Two people who were totally against getting involved for their own reasons finally find that what your mind determines can and will be over turned by the heart, that saying of Divine Timing sure applies here. Was not a quick read for me nor did it keep me burning the midnight oil to finish it. Still allowed me to have a happy heart when I did finish it though.
Karen
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book through a newsletter and this is my voluntary and honest review. I loved this book and had trouble putting in down after starting it. Krissa and Nick had trust issues but they learned to overcome that to fall in love. I liked the way the author described the setting so I actually felt like I was a part of the story. I recommend that you read this book, and I know you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Linda Rutland
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
perfect was not a word Krissa liked to use because it was always too good to be true

Krissa came to Westcott Springs to get away from last disappointments and for a fresh start. She's prepared to devote her life to teaching and her students until she meets her sexy landlord . Love these characters and their determination which at times was at odds with each other. Great story!
Trude
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet romance that starts a promising new series. Set in the beautiful mountains of Colorado we are introduced to the charming town of Wescott Springs. I loved the chemistry between Krissa and Nick. This is the first book by Holly Cortelyou that I've read...but definitely worth the be my last.
Hollie-Mystery Girl 27
This is a sweet romance story. A fast read, lots of lovable characters. This is book one of the series and I can't wait to read more about the characters. Krissa is a school teacher who is starting over and due to a storm can't move into her cabin. Nick is the property owner and offers up his guesthouse as place for her to live. Spark fly and a romance starts.
Cynthia
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Beginnings

Krista will be doing a new job in Wescott Springs, she is pulling up to the place she is going to rent to see it destroyed by a tree. Nick who is the owner shows up and helps her find someplace to live, his guest house. Now he has big decision to make. And she is looking forward to teaching.
Debra
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last Resort Love

After catching her fiancee with another woman and her miscarriage she has trust issues. She moves away and starts a new job. But the move has many bumps and bruises. She encounters a man who seems to like her. But he seems to have a girlfriend. Can she trust him? What about her own past issues? Can he be the one for her?
Kristie
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book! I wish this author were a kindle unlimited author. If she were, I would read everything she had written ASAP. As it stands, I hardly ever read anything that isn’t KU or free so I probably won’t get to read anything else of hers unless someone gives me an amazon gift card. If I do get one, she is HIGH on my list of MUST READ authors!!!
Lisa Hahn
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first chapter I was hooked. Krissa ends up in Colorado to teach due to a cheating ex. Her cabin is destroyed by mother nature. She now has no place to live. Nick arrives to take a look at the property. He offers up his personal guest house. Nick has no plans to stick around the resort he owns. He is trying to make partner at his job in Denver. As he sticks around the resort getting this place ready for sale, he reevaluates his life.
I really enjoyed this book. I felt like I was right th
Trish Goodgame
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cortelyou-holly
Delightful sweet romance without any of the explicit sex scenes that seem to be a part of so many romance stories now. A refreshing change! Read the book description for a synopsis of this story about school teacher Krissa and her new landlord & resort owner Nick.
Great characters, with smooth flowing storyline.
Marilyn Burrows
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked the story. One side was good, the other bad as with most stories. The characters were excellent. Both main characters had issues where honesty and careful reflection could help them both. Both were careful about how much to tell about their pasts. It's not that the pasts were so bad, they had to acknowledge what happened and live with it
Ann Flint
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krissa packs up her life and moves across the country.
The cabin she as renting is damaged in a big storm so she has nowhere to go.
In steps Nick her landlord.
This is wonderful romance novel.
The have to navigate both their pasts, jealous ex’s and stubbornness
Can they make it?
Highly recommend this book.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review
Teresa
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the whole book. The descriptions of the characters was perfect, I got a real visual on what they all looked like and the type of people they are. So real. Didn't want the book to end. Great Job!!!!
Patricia Myers
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting story of Krissa who was betrayed by her ex- fiance and is learning to trust men again and Nick who doesn't do relationships due to his parents failed relationships. I liked how Nick doesn't give up on Krissa. It is a great second chance story.
I was given a ARC of this book.
Amy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a sweet yet spicy romance in a beautiful setting, this fits the bill. I've never been to Colorado in real life, but the descriptions in this book made me want to go!
(I received a free copy of this book from the author :-) )
Elaine Coghlan
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow another great book from Holly, I have been reading Holly's books a while now and this series is just as good as the others if not better.Holly continuously writes such quality pieces of work.This is an absolutely well-written romance story with loads of lust the charaters work well together. A fantastic book grab your copy today.
Katina Fragakis
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trust issues on both sides, assumptions abound. Do they really know each other at all? I didn't want to stop reading to sleep! I had to see how they would possibly resolve their conflicting perceptions. A really good romance with an epilogue that creates the perfect happily ever after.

• Charmed by the Cowboy (Cowboys of Ransom Creek #3)
  • A Lot Like Christmas (Wishful, #11)
  • Your French Kisses (Boyfriend Material, #4)
  • Just For This Moment (Wishful, #4)
  • Lovers at Heart, Reimagined (Love in Bloom: The Bradens #1)
  • Love on the Boardwalk (Cinnamon Bay #1)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Know Me Well (Wishful, #2)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Tempting Levi
  • Mr. Big Shot (Kinda Cocky #1)
  • Carved in Ink (London Inked Boys #1)
  • Hot SEAL (HOT SEAL Team #1)
  • Barefoot Chaos (Beach Squad, #3)
  • Falling for the Firefighter (The Summer Sisters, #5)
  • Bride in Trouble (Bay of Islands Brides, #1)
Holly Cortelyou pens sweet and spicy small town, contemporary romances that just may have a twist of mystery or a kiss of magic.

On any given day, you’ll likely find her posting dog and cat pics on Facebook (HollyCortelyouAuthor) or goofing off on Twitter (@HollyCortelyou) or Pinterest!

And of course, you can always visit her on the web at www.HollyCortelyou.com. Holly has hazel eyes, a goofy sens

Wescott Springs (4 books)
  • Last Sweet Surrender (Wescott Springs #2)
  • Kiss Me at Last (Wescott Springs #3)
  • Kiss Me, Trouble (Wescott Springs #4)