Start by marking “The Wonder That Is You” as Want to Read:
The Wonder That Is You

The Wonder That Is You

A heartwarming book that beautifully captures the universal love and joy parents feel as they celebrate the arrival of their new child. A perfect gift for baby showers, baptisms, adoptions, birthdays, or any time you want to tell your little one how much they are loved.

Every parent dreams of embracing their new child. When that dream comes true, it’s as if all of creati
Published July 23rd 2019 by Zonderkidz

To ask other readers questions about The Wonder That Is You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wonder That Is You

Start your review of The Wonder That Is You
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE WONDER THAT IS YOU is a wonderfully written tale of a much-loved, much-wanted new baby and it is so sweet and makes the child feel so wanted. I read this outloud to my teenager after she got into a fight with her sisters and ended up excluded from their activities. II made her fondly remember the days of bedtime stories, She turned around and read the story to the dog and wants to keep the book for an eventual (maybe, someday) niece or nephew.

The pictures are beautifu
W. Whalin
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Celebration of Your First Child

Glenys Nellist celebrates the wonder of a newborn child in THE WONDER OF YOU. With lyrical rhyming words like, “I thought I heard the trees clap their hands, and as their leaves unfurled, they whispered softly in the breeze, welcome to our world.”

The beautiful words are combined with colorful and imaginative artwork from Aurelie Blanz. The combination of art and words make THE WONDER OF YOU a powerful book that parents will delight to read to their c
Suzette
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have had a long standing reviewer relationship with author Glenys Nellist. She has written so many beautiful books where the words speak to the reader and the illustrations draw you in.

As I read “The Wonder That Is You”, all I could think was, “She did it again! She captured exactly how every mother feels when they hold their first child for the first time!” I could relate to every word so poetically written, and I could feel my heart well up as I read it to my two children. As alw
Becky
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick Giveaway & Review of “The Wonder that is You” by Glenys Nellist

Illustrated by Aurelie Blanz

The Day Everything Changed!

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG: http://bookreadingtic.com/2019/07/12/... THANK YOU!

Have you experienced the difference a new child makes in your life? If so, remember how the world around you was transformed. Suddenly, the universe looks different, everything is seen and heard in a new way, your outlook shifts, and life is never the same. Such are some of the changes and joy that a new parent feels with the addition of/>PLEASE/>The/>Illustrated
Amy Houts
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Glenys Nellist captures the feeling that parents have when their child is born, one of time standing still, and God's creation taking notice. The world is a different place forever after. The lyrical text brought me back to the time, many years ago, when my eldest daughter was born. The beautiful artwork by Aurelie Blanz features reds, pinks, and purples mixed with deep blues and greens and bright yellows showing mothers cudding, carrying, and announcing the birth to all creation. This touching ...more
Beckie Burnham
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In her latest children’s book, Glenys Nellist captures the awe, excitement, and love that accompanies the birth of a new baby. The rhyming verse and the beautifully detailed illustrations in The Wonder That Is You vividly relate the unique creation that is every child. My family is welcoming a new member in a few months, and I think this book will become a favorite in the new arrival’s library. One of my favorite things is that the mother/baby pictures are very diverse, making this book perfect ...more
Kayla Alonso
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a beautiful book. With eye-catching illustrations, and whimsical prose, Glenys has done a wonderful job capturing the essence of the moment a new little one enters the world. This would make a lovely gift for anyone expecting a new baby.
Rebecca Gomez
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully illustrated, and touching without being overly sappy. If you are looking for a warm, fuzzy book to gift to a new mother and her baby, this is the perfect one!
Valerie
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lyrically written with stunning illustrations, this picture book definitely portrays the emotions of a loving parent welcoming their new baby to the world. Beautiful as a gift idea or to add to your own library.
Suzy Parish
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With personal and deeply moving prose, The Wonder That Is You captures every mother's heart for her newborn. The poetic cadence and luscious illustrations remind us that mothers the world over feel the same thing; a bond with their baby that is unbreakable.
Mary
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're like me, you have go-to books that you like to give as baby shower gifts. I'm guessing you all know and love sweet books that welcome babies into families (I'm talking about the ones that make new parents tear up...), like Two Hands to Love You, On the Night You Were Born, Guess How Much I Love You, or Love You Forever.

But do you feel like you're in a baby shower book rut? Or, do you struggle to know what book to get parents when their second (or third, fourth, or fifth...
Conny Reviews
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
“It felt as if the world stood still
The day my dream came true,
And all creation paused to see …
The wonder that is you,” the poem ends in Glenys Nellist’s children’s book, The Wonder That Is You.

~ What ~
This unnumbered oversized thirty-two-page hardbound with a paper cover jacket targets children four to eight years old who enjoy reading about a mother’s love for her child. With no scary scenes, it would best be read out loud to beginner readers due to some of
Hannah Parke
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Wonder That is You genuinely just about made me cry. This is a wonderful book with absolutely stunning pictures and with rhyming every other stanza, a wonderful message and the fact that it is written with such love, makes this a book that must be on every parent's shelf. It's message for children that they are so special and were wished and dreamed for and how loved they are, is a message every child of all ages needs to hear multiple times throughout their life! For teachers, this book mig ...more
Ann-Marie
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful book that conveys to a child the joy a parent feels when a child is born. The illustrations are delightful.
I wish I could squeeze my own kids down to bring four years old again so I could hold them on my lap and share this story with them.
My only problem now is deciding which niece or nephew I will give my copy of "The Wonder That Is You" to share with their own little ones.

I received this book free from the publisher, Zonderkids in exchange for an honest re
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of The Wonder that is You, written by Glenys Nellist and illustrated by Aurelie Blanz, from Goodreads.

The Wonder that is You by Glenys Nellist and illustrated by Aurelie Blanz is an absolutely beautiful book with a charming rhyme and lovely artwork. Parents, grandparents, and all who have ever loved a child will delight in and connect with the deeply felt sentiment. Children will love the message and will enjoy exploring the illustrations, which wonderfully represent dif
Fayelle Ewuakye
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word this book was all I hoped for and then some. The story is absolutely beautiful. It flows, just full of sweetness and love. Noelle asked me to read it twice. And all the art! 😍😍 The details are so fun and the colors are perfect. This would be a fabulous book for a new mom, or any mom. All those excited feelings of a new baby just came rushing back. So lovely.
Jennifer Grant
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This gorgeous book for kids (and their grownups) celebrates children in a delightful way. Appropriate for new parents, whether they came into parenthood by adoption or the more traditional way. Love it!
Sara Wright
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Overwhelming Beauty ...

... of a book. Richness and depth of love that will bless lives for ages to come. A classic already. I have 6 children and 23 grandchildren. I want this book written on/in their hearts and minds and souls.
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This gorgeously illustrated love song will resonate with mothers everywhere. Glenys Nellist has put into words that emotional moment when motherhood begins, with interconnection and love. Perfect for baby showers and new-mom gifts, both biological and adopted.
Danielle Hammelef
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous book--the illustrations alone make this a book to give to a new mom to express the feelings of meeting her baby for the first time.
Book Buying With Katie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous artwork.
Carolyn
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful artwork, touching words to read to a child to know that they are loved.
Jill Mohr
My favorite children's author!

I love every one of Glenys Nellist's books! Don't miss any of them - because each and every one is fantastic!
Adria Goetz
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet book for new families + the illustrations are so magical and gorgeous. :)
Mindy Baker
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The bright and beautiful artwork pairs beautifully with the author's description of the birth of her baby. This book will make an excellent gift for a baby shower!
Christie Thomas
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So beautiful! The illustrations really capture the imagination and the text is typical Glenys Nellist impeccable rhythm and rhyme! My boys loved it and it would also make a great baby shower gift.
Pam
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Lovely book about a mother's bond with her child.
Gorgeous illustrations show mothers around the world bonding with their babies.
Simple and heartfelt rhyming text.
Alicia
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute illustrations
Val
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What beautifully written book with a wonderful story and gorgeous pictures. It also makes a great gift for a new parent.
Mandy
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
A beautiful book with lovely illustrations celebrating the birth of a new child and how a mother's heart rejoices.

• Quinn Says Goodbye: Friends May Go Away, but God Is Here to Stay
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • Mommy's Favorite Smell
  • One Big Heart: A Celebration of Being More Alike than Different
  • Love Is Kind
  • Deadly Intentions
  • Mouse's Christmas Gift
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • Storm Rising (Book of the Wars, #1)
  • The Beginner's Bible First 100 Bible Words
  • Seek and Explore Devotions for Kids: 365 Days of Hands-On Activities
  • Brick Builder's Illustrated Bible: Over 35 Bible stories for kids
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2)
  • The Pawed Piper
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Jesus in Me: Experiencing the Holy Spirit as a Constant Companion
  • One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations, #3)
I'm an author of twenty books for children, including the best-selling Twas The Evening of Christmas, The Wonder That is You, and two popular series: Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time. Here's my little story...

Although I live in Michigan, USA, I was born and raised in a little village in northern England.

I grew up in a big old house, with two wonderful parents and seve