Start by marking “The Farmer's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #2)” as Want to Read:
The Farmer's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #2)

The Farmer's Bride

(Amish Brides of Birch Creek #2)

Bestselling and award-winning author Kathleen Fuller returns to the Amish community of Birch Creek in this charming tale of falling in love while pursuing the dreams of your heart.

Having grown up in poverty, Seth Yoder refuses to be financially insecure again. His passion is woodcarving, but he’s vowed to work on his father’s successful farm, even though his heart is in hi
Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about The Farmer's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Farmer's Bride

Toni
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, romance
Martha Detweiler is the only single woman in her community of Birch Creek, so she gets a lot of attention from her would-be suitors. However, Martha had an unpleasant experience in the past and is afraid to hurt somebody’s feelings unintentionally, so she would like to avoid dating for the time being. Her neighbour Cevilla comes up with a plan. Since Seth Yoder happens to be the only young man not interested in Martha, Martha and Seth should pretend to like each other romantically to discourage ...more
Sunnie
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Amish book! I so enjoy this author and so I was sure that would be the case once more and it was! So happy to have been able to read this. I have to admit I missed book 1 somehow, but that's OK, I loved it and was able to get right into this book with no problems.

It was a fun read and I love a book that includes humor. The book is a page turner, which I love. Nothing slow moving here.

I highly recommend this great story. So good!!!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zo
kerrycat
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hbtb
Another fun romance with some serious aspects in a series I wish would never end - I love Birch Creek and hope Fuller just keeps them coming. I was laughing on page one, with Martha's 'man troubles,' and the ensuing hilarity that follows as she wrestles with what other girls might find a perfect situation - too many suitors.

I am wondering if there is room enough in Birch Creek for two matchmakers, with Delilah's arrival - Cevilla certainly has a handle on the situation and won't be stopping her
Ann
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book full of emotions. This is a book that will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. This is not the typical Amish romance book, it is so much more! I can't wait to read the next book in the series. Thank you Zondervan via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. This is my honest opinion.
Amy
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Farmer's Bride is the second installment from Kathleen Fuller's series, Amish Brides of Birch Creek. I love, love, love this story. I highly recommend it and am giving it a well deserved five plus stars.
Heather 123
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
It was cute...but very predictable.

I thought Martha was a little dramatic in the beginning (running as soon as the boys approached her house?). Maybe if we would have seen more about how they kept coming to her I would feel differently, but not as it's currently written.

The ending felt unfinished between the other two characters we saw (Liam and Nina I think). I'm assuming their story may be next but if that's the case I think too much was shared in this one).

** ARC received from Netgalley **
SusanS
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read an interview with the author, Kathleen Fuller. I was interested to see why she chose to write about the Amish. She said “Even though the Amish live a different lifestyle, as Christians our beliefs are the same ... We love Jesus and really, what better thing to have in common than our love for Him.” Her appreciation of the Amish culture is evident in her writing. Many Amish romances are written in stilted language with predictable plots. The Farmer’s Bride is quite different. The language ...more
Lori
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is another favorite of mine. I'm never disappointed in her stories. Her characters are like family and I love coming home to Birch Creek.
I think the thing that stands out most to me in this story is about love and trust. Trust mostly.
There is some humor in here as well. Martha and Seth made me laugh out right at some of their mess ups so to speak.
Martha just wants to be loved which I can understand. Everyone wants to be loved. Even I do.
We all make mistakes. This is one of the hard e
Stacey Schneller
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolute must read if you love Amish romance stories. This is one of my favorites of Kathleen Fuller. I have read most of her books and this is far one of the best.

Martha is a character that I loved getting to know. She's full of life and wanting to spend the days not being chased by the single men that are competing for her attention.

Seth is also a good man just doing his own thing and working he doesn't have time to date. But things change could these two find love when there not expectin
Judy
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Farmer's Bride caught my interest from the very beginning and kept me interested until the very end. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters, especially Martha, Cevilla, and Delilah. Their problems and antics made me giggle many times. I like the way the ending sets up for the next book in the series, and I want to go back and read the other books that came before this one. Ms. Fuller is one of my favorite authors of books centered in the Amish community!

I received an ARC from the publisher thro
Melissa
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy from Zondervan through netgalley.
I always love Kathleen's stories.
Always look forward to the next.
I enjoy the characters
My favorite was Martha,Cevillia,Seth,Nina
love the cover and the title.
Linda Rimer-Como
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really delightful read! The story line is filled with self-doubt, determination, strong family ties and growing attraction. The characters have wonderful interactions and connections throughout the story. Very enjoyable read.

Received a copy thru netgally; all opinions expressed are my own.
Vikki Vaught
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to follow
Lynn
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Farmer's Bride by Kathleen Fuller is the second book in the birch series. Following Martha a young women just looking for peace in her small town where she is the only married female in a town full of young bachelors. Seth Yoder and Martha find common ground in the mince of all the madness and possibly love to. A great read and I look forward for this series to continue on in the third book.
Meghan Lloyd
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this unique Amish romance! Most of the time, when I read Amish romance, there isn't a whole lot of movement in the community. The characters who fall in love have known each since children, and the whole town schemes to get them together. And in all of them, there are no English people as love interests (a secondary love story in this book). Now, maybe I just haven't expanded my Amish reading enough to read those romances. But regardless, The Farmer's Bride was a new and ...more
Nicole Cook
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
The Farmer’s Bride is a fun, enjoyable Amish fiction novel. Kathleen Fuller tells the story of Martha Detweiler who tries to escape attention from numerous young men hoping to be a possible suitor for her. Another resident comes up with the perfect plan...Martha and Seth Yoder can appear to be dating to ward off other potential suitors. What could go wrong with that idea?! This is an entertaining story with well developed characters that was a little slow paced at times. I recommend this book to ...more
Brooke Frensley
May 01, 2019
Dali Castillo
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not new to author Kathleen Fuller’s works, and I’ve always enjoyed her writings. Her stories grab you right from the start. The characters are lovable and make you feel like you’re right there with them, feeling what they’re feeling and going through what they’re going through. When it comes to these characteristics, The Farmer’s Bride is no exception.

Enter Martha. Poor Martha is struggling with something that most would consider a plus. She’s being pursued by not just one, but a number of
Becky
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I opened the cover of The Farmer's Bride to begin to read it, I felt as if I'd just entered the living room of a most treasured friend to have a cup of kaffi. Kathleen Fuller really knows how to make a reader feel comfortable in reading her books.

Martha has an unusual problem. While her family is urging her to find a husband, and all the single men in her community are eager to apply for the position, she doesn't like the way all of them are pursuing her. The only man not chasing her is Set
Pam Pavkov
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Farmer's Bride is an outstanding story written by Kathleen Fuller. This is the second book in her The Brides of Birch Creek series. The storyline is very powerful and definetly keeps the readers interest. I enjoyed getting reaquainted with characters from previous books.

This story centers around Martha Detweiler and Seth Yoder. Both of these characters are disinterested in having a relationship with anyone especially each other and this is where Cevilla Schlbach reenters the storyline. Cevi
Patsy Higgason
Apr 08, 2019
Jen
Mar 01, 2019
Patty Champion
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Martha is the only single woman in her Amish Community and is constantly running from all the unwanted attention. Seth doesn't have time for a girlfriend, Cevilla the town's matchmaker suggests that Martha and Seth pretend they are dating.

This is a very good book and an easy read, I highly recommend it.

Thank you Netgalley and Zondervan Fiction for allowing me to read this book for an honest review.
Kathy
May 22, 2019
Elizabeth Fiscus
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Martha has a very big problem...too many young men want to court her and they are relentless! She tries to avoid them, but hasn't been able to. A family friend comes up with the idea to have the one man who doesn't show interest in her pretend to court her! Neither Seth nor Martha want to be deceitful at first with that plan, but end up doing so through interesting circumstances. As they spend more and more time together, they realize they have quite a bit in common and enjoy each other's compan ...more
Ash Luna
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Farmer's Bride is about Martha who wants to cast away all the suiters in her community so she pretends to be with Seth who is kinda the out cast in the community when the two get to know know another sparks fly and it is lovely!
Tena Greear
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in Kathleen Fuller's Amish Brides of Birch Creek series. I haven't read the first one but after reading this book I'm definitely going to..
Imagine being the only available girl in a.community full of eager bachelors. This is the problem Martha faces as she is surrounded by eligible men at every turn including just showing up at her front door! At first I thought if this is the story I'm not sure I'm going to like the book. However, throw in a couple of meddling senior ci
Patti
Feb 18, 2019
Amy
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Martha has found herself in a position where she is the only maiden in the community and is being sought by nearly every young man. she however just wants to be left alone. Not that she is averse to marriage but she feels hounded.
Seth has a secret hobby and wishes he can find time away from the family business to do what he really wants to do.
Throw in Cevilla with her wild ideas and matchmaking plans. Throw in another elderly woman Delilah who wants Setha and Martha for her grandchildren and you
Best-selling author of Amish fiction. Also a wife, mother, crafter, coffee addict, football fan, and chocolate aficionado.

Amish Brides of Birch Creek (3 books)
  • The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1)
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)