Start by marking “Supernova (Renegades, #3)” as Want to Read:
Supernova (Renegades, #3)

Supernova

(Renegades #3)

All's fair in love and anarchy...

The epic conclusion to Marissa Meyer's thrilling Renegades Trilogy finds Nova and Adrian struggling to keep their secret identities concealed while the battle rages on between their alter egos, their allies, and their greatest fears come to life. Secrets, lies, and betrayals are revealed as anarchy once again threatens to reclai
Published November 5th 2019 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Supernova, please sign up.
Emmybear554 I was EXTREMELY excited when I saw this as well!!! My guess for the release date of the third book is November 5th 2019. Renegades was released…moreI was EXTREMELY excited when I saw this as well!!! My guess for the release date of the third book is November 5th 2019. Renegades was released November 7th 2017, and Archenemies is expected to be released on November 6th 2018. This is just a guess, but I thought it might help.(less)
The Wicked King by Holly BlackKing of Scars by Leigh BardugoNinth House by Leigh BardugoThe Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha ShannonChildren of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
Can't Wait Books of 2019
1,480 books — 3,630 voters
The Wicked King by Holly BlackKing of Scars by Leigh BardugoThe Gilded Wolves by Roshani ChokshiFinale by Stephanie GarberWe Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal
YA Novels of 2019
869 books — 2,702 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Supernova (Renegades, #3)
booksneedcaffeinetoo
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LOOK AT THAT COVER!!!!
LOVE IT!!!!!

Also. Did everyone read the excerpt on online?!? Because it is really good.

Can’t wait for November!

February 07, 2019
WE HAVE A TITLE!!!!!!!!

SUPERNOVA
and our MC is named NOVA
A GIF from the Disney Pixar movie The Incredibles which says Coincidence? I think not!

November 08, 2018:

Okay, brace yourself for THEORIES. (This contains spoilers for the first two books)

If we don't fucking get the big reveal with Captain Chromium and Dread Warden and Adrian and Nova and in one place I WILL FUCKING RIOT. I craveeee that drama. Like *surprise* your son's first girlfriend kind of tried to kill you.

I can't wai2018:
Okay,
jessica
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
this is definitely the best book in this series. i am not a fan of superhero stories, so i have no idea how i have made it to the end of this trilogy, but i am so happy this ends the way it does.

the significant difference between this last installment and its predecessors is the character development. in the first two books, everything is black/white, good/evil, hero/villain, friend/foe, etc. but this book finally gives the characters some wiggle room to venture into that grey area in between.
Angelica
First of all, I called it. I figured it out and you can bet I'm smug about it.

Second of all, this book is totally going to have another sequel right? Like, there is no other way but for it to have a sequel? A spinoff maybe? A six-book series? Will it ever end? Will the battle between good and evil ever be won by either side? Idk. But you can bet I'm down to find out!

RTC.
Ashley Nuckles
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I. AM. SCREEEECHINGGGGG.
If I could give this book ten MILLION stars I would
SUCH A GOOD END TO THE TRILOGY
& also: I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT
Please read this series. You’re welcome ahead of time. ;)
Olivia Gratehouse
May 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
WE'RE GETTING

A TRILOGY

Helena of Eretz ✰
I read this with the song, Supernova, on repeat in the background...hehehe. :P

super + Nova ... superNOVA ... get it???! ;)

description

This was SO GOOD! What a phenomenal finale. It was just nonstop action from start to finish. It seriously felt like I was reading an X-Men film. When I picked it up, I didn't want to set it down for a second! Plot twist after plot twist! :O

Adrian (our resident sclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
super:P
emma
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
this book's title is Supernova.....the main character is a superhero......named Nova...........

i see what you did there, Meyer
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
4.5

I love these characters!

I love this freaking cover sooo much!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
beth ✨
Dec 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: releases-2019
We have a cover. I REPEAT, we have a cover. It is absolutely stunning and my favourite in the series. Nova is the QUEEN. 🤷🏻♀😍

////////////

hi hello

marissa meyer i will give anything to have an arc of this in my hands asap?? i will give my firstborn???
Rekha
Nov 21, 2018 marked it as unreleased-sequels
UPDATE: 14th Feb 2019 - oooooh it’s called supernova! I like it

*sigh*
Here we go again
The year long wait
Hamad
May 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
The covers are gorgeous! Blue and Red is my thing <3333333

The series up to this far have been average however!
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Aug 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
*UPDATE* We have a cover and it's everything I ever dreamed of!!
Supernova book cover

---

The first two books have such gorgeous artwork, so the cover reveal for this is one of the things I'm most excited for!! (besides the contents, ofc)

Renegades book cover Archenemies book cover
(click to view full image resolutions)

(vi(click
Supernova book cover

---

Renegades book cover Archenemies book cover
(click to view full image resolutions)

(view spoiler)
sofia ☾
Feb 07, 2019 is currently reading it
that’s the most beautiful cover i’ve ever seen
Safia  (safiabooknerd)
Nov 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
I can't breathe, the cover is absolutely STUNNING.

Honestly, forget everything I said before about me not living for the cover. I'm living and breathing for this cover (does that sound creepy? I don't know lol). How dare I doubt Marissa Meyer. She never disappoints. That cover is GORGEOUS and has exceeded all of my expectations. I can't wait until November!

4/28/19:
Supernova?

I can't breathe, the cover is absolutely STUNNING.

4/28/19:
Supernova?

SUPER FREAKING NOVA?! What the hell? I'm beyond disappointed in this title. It sounds cheesy. Also, why is Nova's name in the title? I'm not a fan of it. Since there's a book named after the Renegades I was expecting the last one to be named after the Anarchists. Just...what the fudge is going on? When I first saw the title, it was 2 A.M, I was pretty mad, and everything you're about to read is my initial reaction.

WARNING! HEAVY SPOILERS FOR Renegades and Archenemies!

I needed to refresh myself on what Archenemies was about and I read my review. Let me tell you, I'm crinnnnging at my review for Archenemies. It's. Just. So. Fangirly. I just remember hyperventilating after I read it. Now I know better, and I let my feelings about a book settle down and I let the fangirly smoke clear before I write a review.

Okay, okay, it's time for theories:

- If Adrian doesn't find out about Nova's little secret, I will riot.
We can't end the trilogy without everyone being exposed and my book-loving heart breaking open. That's how it was for the first two books, anyway. I'm starting to suspect a pattern.

- I think Phobia killed Lady Indomitable (Adrian's mom)?
He seems to really like the quote "One cannot be brave who has no fear". Ummm...Phobia...sweetie, I think you just exposed yourself. That quote was found on Lady Indomitable's corpse. I’m pretty sure that someone who can fly has a fear of falling. Maybe Lady Indomitable was lacking that fear and Phobia decided to intervene and do something about it...

- Maybe Ace is working against Nova? Maybe he's using Nova?
He needs Nova to get that helmet. Maybe he sees her as a means to an end. Ace gives me bad vibes, and Nova is devoted to helping him. He seems distant from his only niece.

- The Puppeteer will snitch
I mean... how much longer is he going to hold it in? Is he waiting for the right moment or what? Orrr he could blackmail Nova! That would be insaaane! He does his mind controll-y stuff to kids, so I don't think he's above blackmail lol. If he does decide to snitch, the Anarchists can't really make him pay because he used to be FaMiLy. The only person that could is the Detonator, but she's dead.

- Adrian and Nova will probably break up (were they even dating in the first place?) because Adrian will find out that Nova is Nightmare and Nova will find out that Adrian is the Sentinel. Oh my gosh! I'm freaking out just thinking about it! Buuut they probably won't report it to the Council because they still care for each other and they're silently going through a love/hate phase in their relationship.
I know. I ship them to no end.

Also, totally unrelated, but I just want things to be crystal clear. I totally stan Oscar.

Can we talk about the - dare I say- subapar (old) cover art?

*Gasp!* Shun me! I know! But I'm not living for the cover and it's seriously bothering me. Renegades and Archenemies had these really cool covers that look straight off of a comic book. This is just a blue background that's written in comic book font. Yikes. I hope that it'll be fixed when the book gets closer to its publication date.

All I know right now is that this book is going to be messy because of Nova's little secret. We'll either have a super long book (which I wouldn't mind) or we'll be blessed with another book.

I have high expectations. Stay tuned...

11/12/18:
Are three books really enough to capture all of the amazingness (Yes, I know that isn’t a word and I quite frankly don’t care) that is this trilogy ? I wouldn’t mind if this becomes a series. I need more of the Renegades world.
Nikita
May 18, 2018 is currently reading it
Updated May 18, 2018:
I'm so happy to hear about another book to be added to the series!
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
I AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!!!!!!

And that title sounds so good!!

Oh man, I can't wait that long for it to come out!!!!!
lenaloodle
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my noodles. Like I dont even know what to say I've been crying for 3 days straight since I started and finishing like I felt EVERYTHINGG and theres no words to describe this book just... wow
asbah
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: released-series
COVER REVEAL: OMG THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVOURITE ONE FROM THE WHOLE TRILOGY. 😍😍 this book better be as good cuz my hopes are not.
•••
Um, hello? We have a TITLE AND a BLURB AND a RELEASE DATE!!?
The last book drove me to frustration, but I really gotta see how this ends...!!!
Clara
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
11/11/19
This is, by far, one of the most epic and splendid YA finale. This trilogy is one of my favourites in the whole wide world, and this book is one of my favourites of 2019. I am speechless.

12/02/19
THIS TITLE IS EVERYTHING AND I NEED THE BOOK N O W BUT I ALSO DON'T WANT THIS SERIES TO END BUT GJOSIDJG
Haley
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WHY DON'T YOU RIP MY HEART OUT AND CALL ME CATH BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THIS BOOK HAS MADE ME FEEL
♠️ TABI ♠️
May 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley
publishers really need to tap into the brilliant marketing idea of cover posters because yes I would like to wallpaper one side of my bedroom with this artwork, please

damn Feiwel + Friends just HAD to come at me with this gif, hmm??

Fieke
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Drama is gonna happen.. And I can't wait!!
I have some theories 👀👀👀

One of them is..
Watch out, SPOILERS!

I think Phobia murdered Adrian's mom. Phobia's thing is scaring people and if I remember right, Adrian's mom - Lady Indomitable - was found with great fear on her face.. So maybe Phobia scared her so much that she couldn't fly anymore and fell to her death.
I don't know if it's plausible, but it could be? And the note could also be placed by Phobia as a s
Brianna:)
Edit 10/25/19: Only a few more days my friends😁👍
Edit: THERE IS A GORGEOUS COVER! Also an excerpt! Why do I have to wait so long😭
IT HAS A TITLE! I need my big reveals and Nova to tell Adrian about Nightmare and Honey Harper’s rants and all that.
EmilieeT
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just read archenemies, and Nova you screwed up big time I need the 3rd book now

Heck yes loving that cover
Anna
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
A great conclusion to the trilogy.

Review to come.

Rating: 4.5/5 stars
====
Pre-reading thoughts: I'm super nervous about how this finale is going to end...but let's do this!

====
While I found the second book weaker than the first, I'm still super interested in seeing how all of this comes to an end!

I want revelations though and I hope that some main characters don't die.
Claire Chibi
"It's always us and them. Heroes or villains. Prodigies or civilians. The powerful and the powerless."

Rating: 4.5?

It's entirely possible that I'm way overthinking the commentary in this story, maybe it is just a fun superhero story where the message is simply: "Hey, we should all try to understand and be kind to each other!", but I like to think that it goes further than just that. Either way, a big round of applause for Marissa Meyer please, because this is a truly fantastic series!

~~~ Minor spoilers for previous books ~~~

This boo
Brooklyn Tayla
A huge thank you to Pan Macmillan Australia for sending me an Uncorrectee Proof copy of one of my very most anticipated reads of this year, Supernova in exchange for an honest review – all thoughts are my own.
This was such an exciting roller coaster of emotions! As with any beloved instalment of a final series, I definitely wasn’t ready to say goodbye to these characters- and honestly I hope that there’s going to be more set in this world, because that epilogue was such a wicked teaser, to
j.chestnut
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
HOW THE HECK is this book out in the world and it is not in my hands right now.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
i know its called supernova probably 'cause of an exploding star but the only thing I can think of is nova becoming a superhero or a renegade. riiiiiiiiight?
Anaïs
May 09, 2019 marked it as cant-wait-to-read
Shelves: science-fiction
LOOK AT THAT COVER OMFG
Darshana K.
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
EDIT on 14/11/2019: I finally finished reading this book! And it was every bit as good as I had expected it to be.

The only reason I knocked off one star was because there were certains points in the story where I could sense loopholes. Other than that this book was ridiculously entertaining from beginning to end. I swear Marissa Meyer's writing is just pure cuteness and fun.

Also do I sense a spin off in the works? hmm.
---------------------------
I will wait for
YA Buddy Readers'...: Supernova (Renegades #3) by Marissa Meyer - Starting November 8 & December 10th 2019 28 30 5 hours, 24 min ago
The Universe of M...: Supernova: Epilogue 18 20 Nov 14, 2019 10:29AM
The Universe of M...: Supernova: Spoilers 1 7 Nov 11, 2019 10:46AM
Adrian's Moms murder 3 56 Nov 06, 2019 03:06PM
The Universe of M...: Supernova: Release Date 42 18 Nov 06, 2019 07:08AM
Semifinal Round
2,674,747 Votes Cast

• Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Rogue (Hive #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Rules for Vanishing
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
  • I Am Change
  • The Dysasters (The Dysasters #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • Circle of Shadows (Circle of Shadows, #1)
  • All That Impossible Space
  • The Harp of Kings (Warrior Bards, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Cherry Cola Book Club (A Cherry Cola Book Club #1)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

Renegades (3 books)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
“Everyone has a nightmare.” He pressed his forehead against hers. “Maybe I want you to be mine.” 4 likes
“Some people were always meant to be heroes.
Just like some people were always meant to be villains.”
2 likes