Start by marking “Strands of Truth” as Want to Read:

Strands of Truth

Suspense melds with romance as the past meets the present in this engrossing new novel from USA TODAY bestselling author Colleen Coble.

Harper Taylor is used to being alone. Her mother passed away in a car accident when she was an infant, she never knew who her father was, and now even the widowed grandmother who raised her is gone. She’s done just fine investing her marine
Published September 10th 2019 by Thomas Nelson (first published September 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Strands of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strands of Truth

Start your review of Strands of Truth

Colleen Coble

I've only read one other Colleen Coble book before STRANDS OF TRUTH, but I know for sure, this won't be my last one! She hooked me from the very first page and never let me go!
Colleen sure knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat while reading and I love when an author does that to me. Two women die in very different circumstances twenty years apart. Many years later, during a DNA test, their adult daughters find out that they are half sisters. Can the story ge
Cara Putman
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colleen Coble is back with her best book yet. A complex plot tied to an interesting concept: Sea Silk. Add in murders from a generation ago that tie to today, and this is a book you won't be able to put down. Such a good read. Intense. Romantic. With a puzzle from the past that is colliding with today. A page--turner of a read. ...more
Shalini
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I super loved this book. I just finished it and my fingers were trembling with the adrenaline rush. This book was the perfect example of how a romantic suspense ought to be.

Harper wanted to find her family. Her DNA testing brought her to a half-sister Annabelle and the murky darkness of the past where both their mothers had been murdered. Both the women too were in danger as an intruder in ski mask kept trying to kidnap them and kill the others. Ridge, the son of her mentor, soon let go of his b
Melanie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strands of Truth was a fascinating read. I found the storyline to be intriguing and thought-provoking. I liked the characters right away and I enjoyed how romance wasn't the main focus of the book.

The writing style was A+ and it was very easy to stay interested in the story, even though I wasn't able to read it uninterrupted and had to take lots of breaks.

All in all, Strands of Truth was very good and I recommend it. Colleen Coble knows how to write good suspense!

*Disclosure of Material Connec
Ruth Hill
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

First of all, I have read other Colleen Coble books, and I have never been disappointed. Yes, she writes in several genres of Christian fiction, but you can always be assured that you will read a book with squeaky clean content with a bit of an edge, and you always know that the Christian faith will play a significant role in the characters' development. While
Karen R

A riveting suspenseful drama with a side of romance, set along the lovely Florida Gulf coast!
Mysterious deaths both past and present seem to be linked together, but without witnesses and missing evidence, the threat continues to grow. Harper just wants a family of her own. Finding a living relative through DNA testing brings on more trouble than she can handle alone.

I liked the unique plot using the mollusk research for pharmaceuticals, and the idea of finding unknown relatives through a DNA te
Susan
Colleen Coble is one of my go-to authors for Christian suspense. She knows how to write a good page-turner, having the suspense build from the very first page as the reader tries to solve the crime. Even though her murders can be rather gruesome, I appreciate the clean read.

This is all true of her newest novel, Strands of Truth. I loved the premise from the very beginning, with marine biologists and DNA matches and unsolved murders. With another murder, kidnappings and a little romance added to
Christine Indorf
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am now a Colleen Coble fan. This Christian mystery had me guessing until the end. I was just frilled how the book ended and how it lead up to it. I loved the romance in this book. Ridge fell in love with Hardly and respected her doing so. I read just Christian romance and I have to read pages of sex scenes to get to the ending, not so with this book. You really felt the love they had for each other and it is a shame that other secular authors don't write this way. I can't wait to read another ...more
Kaitlyn Krispense
So, I'd like to start off by saying that I appreciated the lack of physical touch in this book. There was definitely attraction, and a few awkward moments, but really. (minor spoiler here) the couple didn't even kiss until the end. So there's that. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was. That's probably what kept this boat from sinking to two stars.

Okay, now . . . the setting. The diving and overall setting was super cool to read about, but all the talk about mollusks and pen shells and
Debbie
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
"Strands of Truth" is a Christian romantic suspense novel. The main characters were likable, interesting people. Ridge started out determined to expose Harper as this horrible person yet never suspected her of wrongdoing during current events and quickly decided he'd been wrong about her. They worked well together and had long been secretly attracted to each other. Since Ridge's 'revenge' intent was never developed, I wondered why the author added it (rather than simply having him resenting her) ...more
Loraine
Colleen Coble never disappoints with her action packed suspense, and her newest delivery meets her high standards. This is a story you can't read slowly as the action builds with every page.

Harper Taylor has grown up as a loner having been shuffled from one foster family to another until she finally is taken under Oliver Taylor's wing as a runaway teenager. He pours his love for the ocean and its gifts into Harper and she becomes fascinated with marine biology. But she still longs for a family
Maureen Timerman
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I found this book to be a page turner, there seems to be non-stop action, and you may think whom the perpetrator is but, then you quickly change your mind, but who is after these women?
The author gives us a roller coaster of emotions here, as humans we tend to cling to our families, but to have none, such a hard thing.
Today’s modern technology gives many new hopes to find their roots, and part of this book is what happens when we find those we are related to.
I didn’t figure this one out ahead of
Kelsie Maxwell
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-read
Strands of Truth is a Christian mystery novel by bestselling author, Colleen Coble.

Harper Taylor and Annabelle Rice both submit DNA in a search for potential family members and find that they are half sisters. Strangely enough their mothers both died under suspicious circumstances when they were babies, without revealing the name of their shared father.

Oliver Jackson is Harper’s mentor and business partner. He is attacked while on a dive with Harper. Oliver’s son, Ridge, isn’t especially fond
Christa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoopla
I enjoyed this Christian romantic suspense. The main characters, Harper Taylor and Ridge Jackson, really drew me in. The plot was interesting and tied current murders back to ones from a generation and two generations ago. The backdrop of the mollusk research in Florida made for a good setting. Great characters, a fast-paced storyline, and an appealing setting all meld together to make a very good book.
Sarah Grace Grzy
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, that was twisty.
Chautona Havig
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What Is the Truth about This Book?
I’m kind of known for finding odd things that I pull from books. Sometimes it’s something others can see once I point it out, but other times they just give me that, “Yeah… sorry, don’t get it,” look.

This is probably one of those books. As expected, Strands of Truth begins with high intensity and only lets up now and then for you to catch your breath before pushing you over another hill in the roller coaster car that it is!

Seriously, it has almost everything goi
Julia
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strands Of Truth by Colleen Coble is an exciting and gripping contemporary Christian suspense that will have the reader glued and guessing.
Legacies are important, as is heritage. We need to know where we come from in order to plot where we are going. Even more important is to know Whose we are.
A mother’s love is a powerful thing. It is protective and caring. If we are denied it as a child, we will lose our anchor in life and be continually searching for that love, never trusting as the foundatio
Diane
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Strands of Truth by author Colleen Coble is a suspense story with a romance and it is wonderful! Harper Taylor wants a family of her own. She had a very distressed childhood and was shuttled to different foster homes until she received help from an unexpected source, Oliver Jackson. He saw her need when she was a teen and arranged a safe foster home and later a college education for Harper. Oliver had been her mentor and was now her business partner in cultivating and harvesting black pearls fro ...more
Rebecca
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
"It was better to expect nothing than to face disappointment."

Harper Taylor hasn't fully trusted others for years. Being shuffled from one foster home to another most of her life prompted her to run away, and then providence provided her with a wealthy, and very loving guardian, whose personal attention gave her the means and opportunity to become a marine biologist. Harper wanted more; she now wanted to locate members of her biological family.

After the results of a DNA test provide the name of
Christi
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads, netgalley
The set-up was interesting and I was intrigued to see how malacology and DNA would be used in a thriller.
After flipping past multiple pages of praise for this and other books by Colleen Coble, I expected to be entertained and maybe educated along the way.

Unfortunately, this was on the level of a Hallmark Murder & Mystery. Which is fine if you know that going in. There was nothing thrilling or suspenseful or even scientific in this book.
What is that lab supposed to be for if the mollusks are use
Best In Suspense - Kelly Underwood
Strands of Truth is a fast-pace dramatic story, with a plot as unique as its characters and setting. Set in three time periods, the story connects past murders to the present in a way that only Colleen Coble could pull off. I'm convinced that if other authors attempted this complex multi-level plot line the story would be convoluted. But Strands of Truth weaves an intricate story spanning 30 years that hooks the reader from start to finish.

The story starts with Harper Taylor who is researching m
Gloria
Colleen Coble is a master storyteller who is always able to spin a story that is rich with well developed characters, an intense, interesting plot and great setting. The story takes place on the lovely Gulf Coast of Florida in towns of Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Duniden. Harper Taylor's mother was involved in a car accident, gave birth to Harper and died moments later. Harper is used to being alone. She ran away from the foster system and was found by businessman Oliver Jackson, who became h ...more
Lori
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a forever fan of Colleen Coble!!
Actually I've been a fan since Seagrass Pier.
I loved this book!! The twists and turns will leave u squirming and holding your breath and maybe falling out of bed? Nah!! I didn't want to come up out of this book at all!!
Now, there are some scenes in this book that be like leaving you feeling weird and kind of holding your stomach to protect it.
As far as DNA testing? I've thought about it more than once for my son's sake but it costs too much for me.
Maybe he ca
Jeanie
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Was there even such a thing as forever love? She hadn't seen any evidence of it, and it felt much safer to build her life without expecting that kind of faithfulness from any man.

Harper Taylor is misunderstood. Loosing her mother tragically in a car accident that induced Harper's birth and not knowing her father, she has been wary of what a good relationship looks like. Raised by her grandmother, she lives life guarding her heart. She now has a love for biology research that she is being financ
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
STRANDS OF TRUTH released in the fall of 2019, but I just now had time to sit and read it. As I expected, once I picked it up, I didn't want to put it down! Good thing I had completed my work deadline as I read the entire book in mere hours.
I am familiar with the romantic suspense genre and I knew that even though events in the story seemed unrelated they would all tie together at the end. However, the motive and the "bad guy" caught me by surprise.
There is a semi-strong faith message, but more
Joleen
Lately Colleen Coble has been back on my radar and I'm loving her recent work.

This is a unique book and I so enjoyed reading it!

I have been researching my DNA recently, finding cousins I never knew I had; cousins with memories of relatives I only heard about. Getting to know them through email has been enlightening. So, imagine going through life with no mother or father that you can recall then, as a successful adult, you find through a DNA test that you have a sister you didn't know you had.
Jeanie
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: celebratelit
Two women die in mysterious circumstances twenty years apart. Years later, their adult daughters learn they are half-sisters. From the day they meet, attempts are made to kidnap them. This exciting new novel by Colleen Coble is everything and more than I anticipated! The characters are engaging and likable, the faith and spiritual lessons of each is displayed beautifully, the prose sings, and the plot is riveting, capturing and keeping my attention throughout.

Harper’s life has been not been easy
MJSH
I have read quite a few of Colleen Coble's books and loved many of them, but this book is my favorite so far. The author is well-known for her complex plot, heart-pounding suspense, the gasp-inducing "that's who the villain is?" moment, easy-to-read writing, and deeply layered characters. She doesn't skimp on any of these in this book for sure. If you enjoy fast-moving romantic suspense that will suck you in from page one, you will totally love this book.

The book opens with a flashback and the f
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Romantic suspense is not my favorite genre for lots of reasons, many of which are evident in STRANDS OF TRUTH. There are things I appreciate about the novel, though: (1) its intriguing premise, which appeals to the genealogist in me, (2) the fact that it's clean and faith-affirming without being preachy, (3) the featuring of honorable and God-fearing main characters who come off as moral and faithful but not weird or fanatical, and (4) some interesting/unique story elements like the harvesting o ...more

• Smoke Screen
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor, #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Point of Danger (Triple Threat, #1)
  • Dead End (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #3)
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #2)
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Fatal Strike
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • The String (Deadly Games #1)
  • Undercover Twin
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Hadassah, Queen Esther of Persia
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.