Start by marking “If You Want To Be Rich & Happy Don't Go To School: Insuring Lifetime Security for Yourself and Your Children” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  297 ratings  ·  23 reviews
If you're like most of us, your years in school did little to prepare you for the challenges of the real world. They are more likely to have planted seeds of financial and emotional failure in your life. These seeds sprout later, sabotaging our most sincere attempts to get ahead and create happy, prosperous lives for ourselves and our families.
Published January 1st 1993 by Aslan Publishing (first published February 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about If You Want To Be Rich & Happy Don't Go To School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Want To Be Rich & Happy Don't Go To School

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of If You Want To Be Rich & Happy Don't Go To School: Insuring Lifetime Security for Yourself and Your Children
TheRose
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: education, self-help
Robert Kiyosaki presents an excellent case against the current school system. Some of his points echo John Taylor Gatto's books (the most recent being "Weapons of Mass Instruction"), while some are novel (novel in the sense that someone pointed it out in writing, that is). Because of this, I highly recommend this book to anyone who has anything to do with children's education. It raises awareness of exactly how schools are passively, unwittingly even, teaching children to be cruel and heartless. ...more
Katya Kean
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read this book right after I dropped out of college 5 weeks before the end of the semester. It helped me understand why I felt so frustrated and disheartened by school. It also helped me see that I was going to school for the wrong reasons, and what some good alternatives might be. The insights on what other cultures' school systems are like was enlightening.
When you've been immersed in a system for your whole life, you tend not to see it objectively. Kiyosaki's unique perspective helped
Rosa M.
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
again..i wish i'm good in keeping books and i wish im lending it to people who knew how to return it..

Robert's principle might not be ok for most of the parents but its practicality could help especially those who are not interested in formal education yet wanting so bad to become rich.
Dianna
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this book just for the title alone! Robert Kiyosaki teaches that you don't have to have a college education to be rich. Not that he has anything against college education, but some of the greatest millionaires did not graduate college. Some didn't even graduate high school.
Lan Tô Thị Hoàng
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tựa đề gốc quyển sách này mạnh hơn tựa dịch: Nếu bạn muốn giàu có và hạnh phúc, đừng đến trường!
Đây là cuốn sách từ đầu đến cuối đều đề cập đến làm cách nào tạo ra 1 cuộc sống sung túc, trong đó việc tạo ra sự tự do về tài chính đóng 1 vai trò quan trọng. Tác giả của cuốn sách này là tác giả bộ sách Dạy con làm giàu mà rất rất nhiều người biết đến. Tuy nhiên, qua việc đề cập đến chúng ta tạo ra 1 cuộc sống sung túc như thế nào, cuốn sách đã chỉ ra những lổ hổng trong giáo dục con người và
TarasProkopyuk
Jan 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Уже очень много времени прошло как я прочитал данную книгу. Признаю, что тогда она для меня была довольно интересной. Правда сейчас вряд ли я потратил время на прочтения этой книги второй раз. Хотя как книга которая расширяет рамки сознания довольно она хороша.

Рекомендую её читать для тех кто созревает мыслью о собственном бизнесе.
Christine
Mar 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: teaching
Well, I do send my kids to school, but at least the teachers in their program try to emphasize exploration rather than right answers. One of the complaints I remember most from this book was that schools mostly teach you to hide mistakes.
Teresa
Jan 28, 2012 rated it liked it
The criticisms of current public education were pretty bang-on - and this was written 20 years ago. Found it interesting. He advocates real estate and rental properties as a cashflow strategy.
Chris Ruby
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People interested in education, personal finance & career
Recommended to Chris by: Robert Kiyosaki
Unbiased look at what school's do and don't teach. Interesting read, though boring at times. Not one of his better books, though it is his first.
Jerod
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Must read for all entrepreneurs!!
NOAH DADZIE
I have yearned all these while to get a copy of this book to read but I've not. Can anyone help me out?
Benzil
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
powerful
Moeunvoleak
I want to get more knowledge
Jason Trick
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even truer today than when it was published!
Diego Álvarez
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Debería haber opción para colocar seis estrellas.
En este increible, controversial, emocional y reconfortante libro abunda mucha información; no solo en lo referente al dinero y al sistema educativo, sino que acarba temas de la educación en general, la autoeducación y desarrollo personal.
Brinda también varias soluciones y puntos de partida para seguir investigando por cuenta propia, y seguir en búsqueda del éxito y la realización personal.
Siendo el primer libro de Robert Kiyosak
Meatsrus
Mar 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was a gift for our teen. We enjoy sharring books. This book shed such light on our society's way of thinking about education. It points out the mass production of children to push them through school without "individualizing" their creative minds. Being a parent of two totally different children, it only reaffirms my thinking that we must love/teach our children uniquely not equally.
Adrienna
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
I could agree with some of his concepts from a business standpoint. However, I would not say to tell people not to go to school. I went to school to get both my bachelors and masters degree, and it is seems complicated in this corporate america to make it. There are some situations where you do not need a degree to work, but I am hoping for more.
Kay
Feb 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book had some good points but seemed to repeat itself a lot.
Kyle Peters
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Grateful for searching for this book as I am in the process of Reading.
Raymond
Oct 19, 2014
Mindy
Apr 17, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Mongolian Readers: Sain btsgaana uu! Ene nom bwal solij unshii?? 1 56 Dec 06, 2014 08:36AM

• Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement
  • Business Model Generation
  • MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom
  • Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook
  • First Things First
  • The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • The Present: The Secret to Enjoying Your Work and Life, Now!
  • Dare to Fail
  • Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
  • Little Voice Mastery
  • Team Code of Honor: The Secrets of Champions in Business and in Life
  • High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
  • Strengths Finder 2.0
  • What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures
  • In Search Of Excellence: Lessons from America's Best-Run Companies
  • Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
“lack of knowledge is the worst disease with cheap cure-education” 2 likes