Start by marking “Mister Uno: A Short Story Series ( Mister, Mister Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Mister Uno: A Short Story Series ( Mister, Mister Series #1)

Mister Uno: A Short Story Series ( Mister, Mister Series #1)

Twenty-five-year-old Anthea Links is a columnist for Rogue magazine. The job she loves is on the line when she’s faced with writer’s block and given a deadline she knows she can’t meet—that’s until her best friend, Pip, comes up with the perfect idea.
Anthea never says no to a dare, and this one is so perfect it will solve all of her problems.
Twelve men.
Twelve months.
Twel
ebook
Published January 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mister Uno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mister Uno

Eve (Between The Bookends)

description

Hmmm...honestly, this wasn't quite what I was expecting. Twelve men...Twelve months...Twelve articles. I was expecting something with at least a little heat, but nope, not even a spark was present. In fact, Mr. Uno could have been a cardboard cutout for how much impact he made on the story.

That said, the writing was decent. I liked Athena. There was potential for good secondary character interaction, and the concept intriguing enough that I will pick up book two for sure.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Na
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Way too short, but that's the thing with short stories... Mister Uno is a fun, sweet and enthralling story! Count me in on this enticing journey! I'm hooked and I want more! ❤ ...more
Alicia Huxtable
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bring on this series!!!! Mister Uno really made me wish the whole series was already available. I found it entertaining and very much look forward to Mister Dos
Marnie
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When your friends know that you can never resist a dare....

...and lucky for Anthea, while they know her weakness, they also have her back. So while out celebrating the loss of her job due to the lack of inspiring column articles, said friends come up with an idea and dare her to date 12 men, in 12 months, no names. Her written column can tell those hapless single women out there just what men are thinking.

There’s got to be more to it than that! And there is - it’s called alcohol, because no grea
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have to say this is a new kind of series for me. It is a short novella with no romance per se. Mr. Uno is a story about two people meeting and making a connection, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Anthea needs an idea for a new column, and her friends happen to come up with a year's worth of an article. Meet 12 different men from 12 different countries and see how it goes. Mr. Uno just happens to be number one.

Even with no romance in it, I enjoyed the ending very much. The connection between the
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
We have Anthea Sharp is a magazine writer and is doing a different article every month. Each book will be a quick read and set in different place as Andrea meets a man where there is a connection but no real names.
The men are numbered by Spanish numbers. Mister Uno is a city boy and a player, as Andrea tries to keep her fake name when dealing with her mysterious man.
In the this book it introduces the concept and sets the story. An Interesting and amus
Pauline Cassie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, light hearted read. I don't know where Belle Brooks gets her inspiration but it's something to embrace, that's for sure!

In this, the first of a twelve part series, we meet Andrea a struggling magazine reporter looking for a new angle.

With the help of some friends, an idea is formed and the first stage implemented.

In this very short episode Belle has managed to establish a connection between the main character and the reader and leave us panting for more.

I can't wait to experience the sh
Shannon Godwin
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don’t forget this is a short story! I did & was disappointed bc I was looking for more to it (lol). This short story has lots of potential but I felt it was a little (I’m having problems really putting my review into words) there really wasn’t enough detail for me. The writing is great. The story line is good, and I’m curious how this is going to turn out. I’m looking forward to the next book & hoping they get a little longer. Just as I was being drawn in more, it ended.
Halle
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mister Uno is a short, fun read and I can't wait to see how the rest of the series will go. I love the storyline and the leading character, Anthea, she is super relatable. She and her best friend, Pip came up with an idea that is totally different to save her job.
Mr. Uno is first up on Anthea's adventure!!
Cheryl
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet again, Belle Brooks has given us an interesting concept for a novel. With her usual brilliant writing style she has created yet another masterpiece. What would you do if you were n a deadline for your job, and your friends come to the rescue in the most unique way? This is definitely a 5 star read that will you wanting a whole lot more! Loved it!!
Amy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great quick read!! 12 short stories, one a month for a year. Each month a new man with a Spanish number no names. Loved the intro to the Mister Mister series, can't wait for the next book in the series Mister Dos and more.... LOVE and RECOMMEND all of BELLE'S BOOKS!!
Amy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great quick read!! 12 short stories, one a month for a year. Each month a new man with a Spanish number, no real names. Loved the intro to the Mister Mister series, can't wait for the next book in the series, Mister Dos and more....... LOVE and recommend all of Belle's books!!!
Teresa Lara
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Mr Uno cant wait for mr does
Loving these shorts
Janneke Wolbers
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cant wait for Mister Dos!
Absolutly loved this story!
Belle does not dissapoint no matter what she writes!
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3 Cranky Stars

Anthea has one day to come up with a fantastic article or she's fired. She loves her job but has a severe case of writers block. When she allows alcohol and her girls invade her mind she comes up with the ultimate story idea. 12 men, 12 months no names.

With this new article taking root it's time for Anthea to meet Mr. Uno.

The premise behind this book series is good but the execution fell flat for me. I feel like it was rushed and needed more. All in all it was good and hope that th
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of Mister Uno from Belle Brooks. This has in no way influenced my review which is honest and unbiased.*

Mister Uno was short, fun, and sweet. I look forward to reading more - but as it was a novella, I felt like I still needed more once I arrived at the end.
The story is well-written, and the series has a lot of potential.
Rhonda Tactor
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick short fun read & the first book in the series
So if you’re looking for a light read & a laugh then go one click this book on release day
Congratulations Belle on a awesome book
Gill Melling
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whilst I liked the premise of this story, I was a bit disappointed with it. The characters did not have the depth I usually associate with Belle’s writing, however that could be because it was a short story and not a full novel. 12 months, 12 men, remaining anonymous, not falling in love.....was she going to be able to do it??? Only time will tell!
Barbara
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

This book is an interesting concept , 12 men in 12 months , I was waiting for the fall in love , save the day, catch her if she falls story but No not this time , so here's my thoughts is she going to find love ? Is it the last book that she will it is this just going to be 12 short stories of the Blokes she comes across her journey round Australia... I really want Athena to do d the one , so it will keep me reading the next to find out ... Will this be the bloke she falls for or will
R yatsko
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this short story,
..how it all started with a Dare..

Anthea, is reporter, looking for a story...
...this months victim, I mean headline she called him MR UNO...

This short story is sassy, cute, and funny..
Sheena
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable piece of escapism...

A reporter with something to prove...this is the story of Anthea and her bid to find the perfect story, and maybe a man or two along the way..

I loved the premise to this short, funny story...the stars of the show, for me, were Anthea and her bff Pip.. their interactions are genuinely comical at times .. I am a hopeless romantic at heart and in that respect this story was out of my comfort zone... Mr Uno lives life on the edge and is not looking for commitment and wh
Jen
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 3.5 there is nothing wrong with the short story, I enjoyed the quick read, and I’m anxious to read the next.

Anthea is a writer for a magazine with a major case of writers block a night out with her girlfriends may change her path..

I really love How Belles characters are so relatable.

Gotta some free time ? Give this a read...
Rebecca Barber
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have one complaint... where’s the rest?

Even though I knew going in it was a novella, I got so caught up in the story i somehow forgot and when I got to the end I was like, 🤷♀

I wanted to see Mr Uno and Anthea up the ante daring each other to do adrenaline filled challenges.

Can’t wait for Mr Duo
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Decent novella. Mister Uno is part one in a twelve part series. I believe they will all be novellas like book one, but I cannot be sure. This book was okay, but didn’t really blow my hair back. The book is short and sweet and easy to read.
The plot of this book was so promising. Reading the blurb, I really thought I was going to love this book. The book wasn’t terrible, but I felt the blurb misrepresented it a bit. While I read the entire book, I was not satisfied with the ending.
Anthea is an int
Julie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Mr. Uno by Belle Brooks is a quick, fun read that kicks off a short-story series.

The teasers and covers are much more sexy than the story itself. The story has great girlfriend dynamics and a tense work environment—both of which help set the premise for this series of short stories. The romance is mild. Since the premise involves writing about dating 12 men in 12 months, the main character, Athena Sharp, isn’t given much room for developing a deep relationship. I appreciated that Ms. Brooks didn
Mary Baird
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While this is the first book I’ve read from Belle Brooks I’m totally on board. Mister Uno is a quick, fun and somewhat charming book that I totally enjoyed. AND what an interesting concept 12 men in 12 months for 12 articles! Hmmm, how I could let my mind wonder…

When a bad case of “writers block” hits Anthea Links, columnist at Rogue magazine, she’s under the wire to come up with a fresh idea for her boss. It’s not until she had her bestie are brainstorming that the above idea pops up. Thank hea
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Magazine columnist Anthea Links needs a story asap or else she’s going to be out of a job. Faced with writer’s block and potential unemployment, she goes out with friends. While at the bar, her best friend Pip is struck with inspiration and dares Anthea to follow through with her idea . . . . date 12 different men in 12 months to write a series of 12 articles to show what men are really looking for in the woman they date. There’s just one catch . . . she can’t ask the guys who they are and she n ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mr Uno is the first of a twelve part series by Belle Brooks. It was fun and fast short story and not your usual love story as it doesn’t have the expected ending. It’s more of a journey through one woman’s view of dating in the 21st century. The heroine isn’t expecting to meet Mr Right or is she?
Anthea writes for a local newspaper and needs to come up with a fresh idea for her column or she’s out of a job. After tossing ideas with her bestie she decides on what she hopes will be a career-saving
Deb Cechak
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny * Sexy * Creative * Original

This Belle Brooks lady can write!

In her first short story of a dozen, based on a dare, we meet Anthea, who begins her series of journalistic articles with Mister Uno.

What I truly love about Belle’s writing style is her freedom to be creative. Yes, there are strong yet tender woman, and of course, handsome alpha a-hole men. But she must have some sparkly pixie dust that she uses generously to build lives that we have not seen before.

She imbues her characters with
Up All Night With Books
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Angelique
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Mister Uno by International bestselling author Belle Brooks is short and sweet and gives you all the good feels.
The latest novella is a short story about Anthea, who is given an ultimatum of either coming up with a brilliant new story for Rogue magazine where she is a columnist or basically losing her job.

A night out with friends eventually leads to the brilliant idea of twelve different men in twelve different towns for t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Belle Brooks is the International bestselling author of seven novels and multiple novellas. She lives out in the country of Queensland with her incredibly tolerant and crazy family. She writes contemporary romance, romantic comedy and contemporary women's fiction ranging from young adult to adult audiences. She also writes crime and psychological thrillers.

MISS NOT TOGETHER, Belle's next full-leng