Start by marking “Miss Not Together” as Want to Read:
Miss Not Together

Miss Not Together

Meet Hilary Watts: pretty, straight A-student, teachers’ pet, goody two-shoes, totally has it all together—and has never been kissed, or even had a boyfriend for that matter.

Meet Grayson Dymicks: badarse persona, new guy in school, just moved in next door, volatile—and a total jerk.

When Hilary finds herself attracted to the very person she shouldn’t be, she never imagines
ebook
Published January 19th 2019 by JMA PUBLISHING PTY LTD

To ask other readers questions about Miss Not Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Not Together

Rebecca Barber
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
If this is Belle’s toe being dipped into the YA genre then someone throw her in! She fits seamlessly

Miss Bot Together is a cute story about Hilary who might just be the most focused, most driven most determined young woman I’ve ever read. With her heart set on becoming the Prime Minster, everything she does is a carefully measured step towards achieving her lofty goal.

Right up until the moment Grayson moves in next door.

It was almost comical and really heartwarming to see Brooks drag the human
Danielle Harris
Didn't hold my interest. The book was way too out there. Boobs growing because she was kissed for the 1st time? That was ridiculous then she cries because they hurt, and her daddy comes to the rescue. Yeah I was over the book after that. I was really looking forward to this book too
Na
"You're like a sheet of thin glass, Hilary - transparent and easily breakable. You just don't know it yet."

Miss Not Together is a funny, promising little novella. It made me smile a lot and I love the way Belle Brooks reminds us of how it feels like going through this teenage-phase becoming slowly an adult. However, like my issue with almost every novella, I wished for more insights on certain levels. But overall the writing and the pace of the story fits here perfectly.

"Don't argue. It's annoyi
Sheena
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The ordinary made extraordinary....

I really loved this young adult story..about Hilary a smart girl next door type who really has got it together. Hilary and her best friend, Freddy, (Everybody needs a Freddy in their lives) are ambitious and nothing is going to stop them achieving their goals until that is Grayson walks into the school and from that point on Hilary’s best laid plans begin to take a backseat...

Told from Hilary’s perspective this is a funny, bittersweet coming of age story... on
Julie (That Bookish Princess)
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Note: I received a complimentary eARC of this book courtesy of Enticing Journey Book Promotions.

What I Liked
· The characters! All of the characters, especially Hilary, were so relatable. I totally got her struggle with striving to be a straight-A student while also trying to simultaneously balance that with her bidding romance with Grayson. Honestly, when I went into the story with the knowledge that it's set in another country other than mine, I was worried that I might not be able to connec
Book-Lover Book Blog
While I was invested in to story, it was mainly because of the author’s writing style rather than the story itself. It felt a it hurried and rushed; one minute something is going on and the next we’re at a different scene. I felt that there was some chunks missing from the story.

Hilary is a sweet, lovable character but at the same tome, she’s too argumentative and I found that quite off-putting cause, to me, I didn’t feel that that fit her personality at all. Grayson was harder to get invested
Caitlin Audet
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Miss Not Together by Belle Brooks is a cute, quick YA story and a nice pause from the heaviness I've been reading lately. Hilary is a self proclaimed Miss Put Together, someone who already knows her life goals and what needs to be done to achieve it. Her and Freddy, the best friend, live happily in their little bubble carving their path through school without a care for the typical teen things like parties or even liking the opposite sex. That
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First off I have to say that this is the first YA book I have read in a long time. I have been stuck in THe MC world and dark reads so this book was refreshing for me and brought me back to highs chool and all the drama that comes with being in high school. All the things you go through with friends, enemies, and school work. Just trying to graduate is like walking in a mine field.

Hilary has it all including a best friend Freddy who I have a friend like that.Down to do whatever whenever, whereve
Marnie
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Miss Goody-Two-Shoes goes bad. A fun YA read.

Hillary Watts is such a good two-shoes, the likes of which I have never seen in my life!!! She has high-powered plans for the future, and to achieve those, her life is a series of plans as she moves from one carefully chosen event to the next. No time for backchat, boyfriends or rebellion. And remember, the definition of rebellion to a teenager is subjective. What seems excessive behaviour to Hillary and her friend Freddy, also on his way to the
Cindy Fong
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is a coming of age, first love story. There are many firsts that the characters must navigate and the story reminds u
Kathryn Linke
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Miss Not Together is a young adult, opposites attract story. This title explores a great deal of the vulnerabilities and issues that face teenagers in this day and age.

The heroine Hilary Watts is ambitious, intelligent, and driven. She's a bit of a nerd, and can be quite awkward at times, but also cute and sassy.

The hero, Grayson is a bad boy. Where Hilary is a rule follower, he's a rule breaker, who loves nothing more than to push her buttons.

I love the banter between the characters that is f
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Miss Not Together from the author. This has in no way influenced my review which is honest and unbiased.*
Miss Not Together is all about letting go. Not thinking only of the future, but about the present. To be young, and take advantage of that fact.
While the writing was good, the story itself did not appeal to me as much as I thought it would - I think it was mostly because I had trouble connecting with the different characters involved.
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
This was a big change to what I'm used to from Belle Brooks, but, it was a good change. Belle Brooks does YA very well. Being back inside the teenage mind was fun and makes you relive all the big "firsts" we went through.

With Belle Brooks' brilliant writing, her awesome and fun characters, it's definitely a story I recommend reading. Could be that one book you didn't know you were looking for.

Loved it!!
Amy
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this author's books, but not a reader of YA books usually but this book was enjoyable. The awkward high school years, fitting in and trying to be the best you ,you can be,1st kiss,1st dance ,puberty and the girl to woman....phase!! The good and the bad memories. A little light fast paced read is sometimes just the read you need!!
Halle
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miss Not Together is a sweet, funny, YA story about Hilary, a high school girl who has her life all mapped out and has no time for interruptions. That is until she is hit with Grayson, and can't get away! She finds out that plans change there is more to life then what she originally thought. Her best friend, Freddy is an added bonus to this story, he loves her and supports her always. Everyone needs a Freddy! I highly recommend this book!!!
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Oh the joys of being a teenager thinking that your life is all planned out and nothing will get in your way. Certainly not a little thing like love and boys. Hilary and her bestie Freddy have a life plan. Hilary has a laser focus to achieve her and Freddy's dreams. That is, until Grayson enters her school, moves next door with his dad and twin and consumes her every thought.

Amber Goodwin
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great YA book about firsts. First kisses, first loves, first time getting in trouble lol.

Hilary has dreams of running the world. Grayson is not meant to be apart of that dream. When the bad boy breaks down her walls, the two of them find they might actually like each other.

This was a great YA book.
Janneke Wolbers
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing YA wich proves that Belle Brooks van write in any genre she wants!
Loved reading this cute love story between 2 teens!
Wish there was more!
Teresa Lara
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Hillary and Grays amazing beautiful innocent sweet love story
Naida
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I felt like this book was written in somewhat of a hurry. I feel like the characters weren't given the chance to have a detailed history or growth.
Gemma
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Young Adult romance reads are one of my all-time favourite reads and when I find one about first love with all the feels when then I am instantly intrigued. Belle Brooks has managed to write a young adults story that has to be one of the top reads of this genre as it really explored the feelings of growing up and being a teenager. I found that I really connected to the story and some parts in the story really reflect the way I felt when I was the age of the main character in the story.

I absolut
Clara Atkinson
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miss Not Together by Belle Brooks

Hillary Watts is a straight laced seventeen year old perfect student, daughter, friend, swimmer and goofball nerd. She is even on the committee for the senior formal that she isn't even planning on attending. She has her life planned out step by step until a new smokin' hot guy shows up at school and throws her life into a hormonal tailspin. Grayson Dymicks recently moved to town with his father and brother Tray. The guys all want to be his friend and the girls
PP's Bookshelf
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was hilarious. It was witty and full of sarcasm. It had all the awkward and cute moments of teenage love. Miss Not Together by Belle Brooks was like cool breeze in a warm summer day. I am in love with this sweet romantic story of Grayson and Hilary.

Hilary is the definition of planned and sorted out young girl. Ambitious, talented, smart and sassy. But her well put together life is crumbling like a sand castle under the weight of a moody and brooding bad boy, Grayson. He is exact opposite tha
Fee96
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The super talented Belle Brooks blows me away again!

Miss Not Together is an outstanding story about all the awkwardness, insecurities, embarrassment, relationships and trials that the high school years are all about. Add a hearty dose of perfectly timed sarcasm and humor and this book is a winner!

Hilary is a fantastic character. She's smart, sweet, a rule follower, prides herself in having her act together and is destined for greatness. Her crush Grayson is the epitome of teenage punk persona yo
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Fantastic coming of age story

Belle Brooks has certainly kicked a goal with this book. MISS NOT TOGETHER, Belle's first foray into the YA Genre was brilliant. This was a story that concentrated on so many teenage firsts: first crush, first kiss, first love. Hilary and Grayson's story was a wonderful look at a teenage girl's reactions to boy who shouldn't even get a second glance.

Hilary Watts was the perfect daughter, the perfect student and the perfect best friend. She had set herself a goal ...
Nese
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful story...

Hilary is a very mature young girl, she is a level headed grade A student,
very sporty and an ultimate geek.
She has ambitions" to be the Prime minister one day" you know.
Her one and only friend and side kick Freddy is so sweet in his adoration of Hilary.
They are both very focused, and no one will stop their climb to the top of
their chosen path, no one , not even any hot young men, na ah.

Grayson is a new boy in class, who also happens to be the new neighbour
that have mo
Caz
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love ya and this book was no exception it was such a great book well written and fades to black when it came to the little naughty bits and that’s what i loved the most.

This story was of a nerd and the perfect bad boy who took no crap.

I love the chemistry and the banter between the two main characters and loved reading their story evolve into more than friends. This was a slow story from enemies to friends to lovers and i loved everything about it.

I loved Hilary she was so put together and had
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This is a coming of age story about Hilary in her last term at high school, and a straight A student. Hilary and her best friend Freddie have their lives mapped out. Hilary is going to Prime Minister and Freddie her second in command.
This is a about teenage hormones hitting Hilary and finding out that there is something apart from schoolwork and planning her life.
It all started the day some new neighbors move in next door. A man with twin sons Grayso
Brandy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Belle Brooks’ “Miss Not Together” is a beautifully written YA novel that’s a welcome change from the typical formula of a YA novel. Main character, Hillary’s story is a perfect mixture of innocence and coming of age for a teenage girl.

Hillary is a teenager who thinks she has it all together, at least as much as a 17 year old is able to in her senior year of high school. The introduction of new student Grayson and his piercing blue eyes quickly derails her plans of completing high school with a
Maggie Schuler
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
In her latest release, Miss Not Together, Brooks tackles the harsh realities of turning from girl to woman, innocence to maturity, and young love's confusion into a sweet tale of growth and admiration for the human condition. In Hilary and Grayson she knocks out each end of the teen growth cycle. One paved in innocence and buried in her school to work to avoid growing up, while the other faces survival after tragedy and despair to keep his family going. Grayson is by no means the boy from the wr ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Belle Brooks is the International bestselling author of seven novels and multiple novellas. She lives out in the country of Queensland with her incredibly tolerant and crazy family. She writes contemporary romance, romantic comedy and contemporary women's fiction ranging from young adult to adult audiences. She also writes crime and psychological thrillers.

MISS NOT TOGETHER, Belle's next full-leng