Start by marking “The Price of Silver (Solis Invicti, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Price of Silver (Solis Invicti, #2)

The Price of Silver

(Solis Invicti #2)

In the straits of necessity, sometimes there isn't room for freedom.

The Price of Silver is the second book in Josie Jaffrey's Solis Invicti paranormal romance series, set in a dystopian, post-apocalyptic London where a deadly infection threatens to wipe out humanity. The only people who can stem its advance are the Silver, a vampiric race who offer a simple exchange:

To ask other readers questions about The Price of Silver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price of Silver

Start your review of The Price of Silver (Solis Invicti, #2)
Dianne
Post-apocalyptic London. A deadly infection is running rampant and the best bet on survival lay in the hands of a vampiric race called the Silver. The cost? Subservience and blood. For some, the choice is easy, becoming Silver property means life (of sorts) while the infection means becoming a zombie.

Emmy will be no one’s slave, but two of the most powerful leaders of the Silver find something special about this outspoken and beautiful woman, and she finds herself drawn to them. Her main concern
Siobhan
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Price of Silver is the second book in Josie Jaffrey’s Solis Invicti series, and it’s even more enjoyable than A Bargain in Silver. With The Price of Silver we’re sucked deeper into the world, and Josie Jaffrey has started to throw in all the twists and turns that will leave you hooked throughout.

Like the first book in the series, The Price of Silver give us a unique story that blends vampires and zombies together to create a concoction that is wonderful in all the best ways. It’s a unique
Chelsea
Actual rating 4.5

All I can say is THANK GOD I have the next book ready to go. Holy that was a roller coaster of emotions! Once I started reading I couldn't put the book down. Like it was physically attached to my hands and wouldn't let me stop reading. I'm convinced magic is involved.

- I can't emphasize enough how much I love these characters. Most of them (besides the main character of course) start off being these minor characters and somehow slowly get involved with the MC and then BAM we
Michelle (Love, Stars and Books)

I received a free review copy in exchange for an honest review from the author.

Book review: The price of silver (Solis Invicti #2) by Josie Jaffrey (4 stars)

“A connection that could bring his death at the same moment as mine.”

Title: The price of silver (Solis Invicti #2)
Author: Josie Jaffrey
Format: Kindle (Review copy)
Genre: New Adult, Dystopian, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Horror
Rating: 4/5 stars
[Synopsis] (Taken from goodreads)

In the straits of necessity, sometimes there isn't room for
Ramona Plant
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Price of Silver is the second book in the series and just like the first one a very well written book by Josie Jaffrey. The story continues in this intriguing post-apocalyptic vampire story that is unique and brings something new to the table. The second book has an interesting plot that overall has a good pace. There are a couple of slower spots but they do make sense, allowing the author some character development and you can't really fault her for that. There are still a lot of secrets ...more
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: The Price Of Silver
Author: Josie Jaffrey
Genre: Adult, Dystopian, Paranormal
Format: Ebook
Pages: 406
Rating: 5
Heat: 5

Thoughts: Talk about a roller-coaster ride, in the dark, by yourself. I am so loving this series, the author is very good with detail yet also keeping the reader guessing. This story picks up right where book one leaves off and man it was hard to put down. Emmy is such an awesome character, she’s stubborn, smart, emotional, reckless, a strong yet realistic female lead.
Louise Kinnear
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this series
Shirley Cuypers
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Josie Jaffrey!

The Price of Silver
continues the story of Emmy, Drew and Sol. It’s hard for Emmy to be around Drew because he’s Silvered for her. She doesn’t really know her feelings and she keeps thinking about Sol. She’s stuck between Drew and Sol and she’s still trying to be safe from Ben.

Like I mentioned in my review of A Bargain in Silver, I am team Drew. While reading The Price of Silver, I was
Tangled in Text
The first chapter or so wasn't the most smooth transition from one book to the next. It might would have served better to just do a prologue instead of trying to make the refresher be so substantial and obvious from the previous book. I was hoping maybe throughout the book the author would have small reminders of previous events, but she took time to bluntly lay out the events of the previous book before starting with anything new. I could have skipped the first part of the book, but that is ...more
Hannah Jones
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Pages: 302
Available : Kindle and paperback.
Ratings:
Amazon: 4.6/5 stars
Goodreads: 4.4/5 stars

I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review.

The book revisits post apocalyptic London, Zombies/weepers still walk the country, and the silver/vampires are in control, week 2 out of 4.

Emmy is 28 she has had a rough first week, fighting feelings for both Sol and Drew both the most powerful Solis invicti around.
Emmy is forced to battle with her feelings due to the mark Drew has inflicted upon
2shay
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s the age-old question; is it better to love or to be loved? This is hovering over and around every breath Emmy takes. Is it okay to accept the protection of the powerful and dangerous Silver, or should she be helping and siding with the human rebels? Emmy is being torn in different directions.

In this book, Emmy is facing those problems and more. There are Silver who are trying to save the humans, give them hope and a place in the new world they are trying to carve from the ashes of the old.
Sarah Sherwood
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midway through this one I was completely emotionally invested. I continue to want to smack Emmy, but I feel for her. So much regret and loss. It's hard not to feel.

This started out as an escape for me, but now it's a necessity. I need to k now the rest of the story.

Since I wasn't figuring out the world or the characters this time around, I had more time to appreciate the actual writing. I think diction has a lot to do with emotional investment. Thank you Josie for picking your words carefully.

A
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a mystery
when i read the first book in this series i coudln't wait to start this one! it kept me so excited i finished it in a matter of days!! the idea i had in mind before i kept reading was totally not this! this is a true perfect love triangle where alliances are broken, suspicion is a theme, and death reigns. (well a perfect halloween book for me:p)
This book continues the tale of London's falling in the hands of the weepers, where no one can protect the humans except the Silvers, who made a bargain
Tina
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Price of Silver drops you straight into the story with Emmy once again precariously pondering her fate.
In book 2 we learn more about Solomon (Sol). His past that molded him into the feared leader of the Silver.
The inferior humans are being further manipulated and refuse to accept the Silvers as mankind's saviors. And just when you think Emilia and Drew are going to be together forever, Emilia is given a new path to explore.
The Solis Invicti series is not your common, ordinary read. Just
Lauren Knapper
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this world and series so much. Josie Jaffrey has me hooked instantly from the first page and I’m eager to see what’s in store for the characters. I keep reading her books in less than 24 hours which only demonstrates how captivating her writing is. I can’t wait to read the third book in this series!
PW
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Saga Continues

In this book, Emmy got my nerves vasilating between Sol and Drew. There are sections that were in repeat. The one good thing was the timeline reminder. I will still complete the series because at this point I need closure. At points the writing was exceptional so I am hanging in there with this series. This is an excellent reason why I hate cliffhangers.
Jo
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying that this is not a standalone novel. In order to have the slightest idea about what is going on with the storyline, you must have read A Bargainin Silver first.

So, now the public service announcement is out of the way, on with the review.

Is this the feared difficult and disappointing second book? No. I mean, it is the second book, but it is most definitely neither difficult nor disappointing. If anything, I would say that you can see that the author is growing in
Luna Lovebooks
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I received a free e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Likes: I love the way the lines in this novel are blurred. Are the humans just as bad as the Silver? Can the Silver show the same compassion as a human? The world of this novel is no longer black and white. I also love that Emmy questions her place in this new world. She still clings to the old world but after several mishaps forages a new mind set while maintaining her semi-rebellious attitude. There are
sarah
V
Apr 04, 2019
Brittney Nicholson
Jul 20, 2019

• Blood Price (New Breed, #1)
  • The Librarian's Vampire Assistant (The Librarian's Vampire Assistant #1)
  • The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future
  • Inside Out (Insider, #1)
  • Outside In (Insider, #2)
  • The Faerie Pawn (Dark World: The Faerie Games Book 2)
  • The Late Hector Kipling
  • Warning: Part One (The Vault Book 1)
  • Original Sins (Dark Rapture Book 1)
  • Blood and Ice
  • A Bloodline's Echo (The Avadi Series, #1)
  • Bachelor Party (Bachelor, #1)
  • Vampire Mate (Bloodline Warriors: Shadow, #1)
  • The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga, #1)
  • Dirty Dom (Valetti Crime Family, #1)
  • Of Wolves and Witches (Arcane Arts Academy #1)
  • Filthy Beautiful Lies (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #1)
  • The Faerie Games (Dark World: The Faerie Games Book 1)
I have always written stories, but it wasn't until I started the first book in the Solis Invicti series in 2014 that I really became obsessed with writing. I love to read, particularly where the escapism of the story is enhanced with an element of fantasy or science fiction. For me, writing is simply an extension of that journey, but I get to decide what happens next (though it's amazing how often ...more

Solis Invicti (4 books)
  • A Bargain in Silver (Solis Invicti, #1)
  • Bound in Silver (Solis Invicti #3)
  • The Silver Bullet (Solis Invicti, #4)