Start by marking “My Fair Viscount (The Scandal Sheet, #4)” as Want to Read:
My Fair Viscount (The Scandal Sheet, #4)

My Fair Viscount

(The Scandal Sheet #4)

A new scandal sheet from USA Today Bestseller Jess Michaels!!!

Raised in the rookeries, David Shaw has just inherited his father's fortune...and his title. With his rough manners, he will certainly never be accepted by Society, but his cousin offers a solution. One David doesn't like.

Miss Rose Higgins has a successful reputation as a comportment teacher to ladies of the U
Published July 9th 2019 by The Passionate Pen LLC

To ask other readers questions about My Fair Viscount, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Fair Viscount

Maggie Whitworth
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
❤❤❤1/2
💋💋
An enjoyable, rags to riches transformation.
One I’m sure you’ll enjoy just as I did .

l this book is really quite good , however maybe it’s lacking volume. I know it’s a novella.
It feels as if it were rushed or maybe cut on the production floor .
It’s slightly disjointed,making its flow slightly off in places.
This is a personal opinion, you may feel differently so please don’t let this put you off .

That aside it’s written really well as Jess always does and I love the whole plot of bad boy
Cheryl
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining story. I liked the characters of David and Rose. They had both had trials in their life and were now supporting their mothers. They had an immediate awareness of their connection and time spent together increased their feelings. However, Rose feels she isn’t suitable to marry a viscount. This was an ideal length for a summer time read or when time is limited. I received a copy and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Niki
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, steamy
David Shaw has just inherited his estranged father's fortune and much less welcome title of viscount. Having been raised in London's slums and filthiest streets, David has no manners to speak of and no prayer of being accepted by society. Not that he much cares, but it matters to his gentlemanly cousin, Richard, who proposes a solution David is even less thrilled with: a comportment teacher.

Miss Rose Higgins has made it her business to know everything there is to know about the ways of London hi
Elodie
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my third read by Mrs Jess Michaels, and the two previous were the installment 2&3 in this series.
While the other reads left me with mixed feelings, I just loved this one, my only complain was it was too short but never the characters lacked of depth.
This is a reverse spicy retailing of Pygmalion or My Fair Lady with a new found Viscount featuring Eliza Doolittle’s role, and his name, Shaw, a wink to author of the play.
David had not a nice upbringing so when he is given a way to take
Supriya Saran
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
OK, I confess. This one was too short! Just when I was getting a grip of the story and the characters, it was already over! I was on the last page! I would have liked to know more about David’s mother.

As far fetched, as the plot of the other novellas in this series (if not more) it did have all the right ingredients to make a romance between David Shaw and Rose Higgins. We have a ‘My Fair Lady’ plot in reverse (minus the ‘Rain in Spain…’) and one just skims through the ‘lessons’ and a few pages
Angela
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely homage to the playwright (clever) and Pygmalion. I love a rough around the edges hero, but don’t we all? I really like how Ms. Michaels’ allows the heroine to know what she wants and lets her go after it. Shaw and Rose enjoy each other for whatever time they have. My only complaint, it was way too short – I think this could have been a full length novel. But did it detract from my enjoyment of reading? No. This is my favorite of the Scandal Sheet novellas so far.

A complimentary copy was
MG
3 1/2 stars

I love all things written by Jess Michaels, and while I did enjoy this one, it was definitely not my favorite. Novella-length romances are difficult to pull off because of the amount of time usually needed to form an attachment to the characters, and few authors can manage to make that happen; Ms. Michaels is one of those authors who can and has in past novellas, which may be why my expectations were higher for this book.

The story is about a man (David) who grew up in the hells of Lo
Sheila Melo
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
FINAL DECISION: A reversed Pygmalion/My Fair Lady, this novella is short but I enjoyed the intensity between these characters. I wanted more but the length is limiting. It is a nice quick summer read with a great premise and interesting and hot interactions between the hero and heroine.

THE STORY: David Shaw was raised in the rookeries, but when his cousin finds out that David is the rightful heir to his father's title, David needs polishing to take his place in the aristocracy. Miss Rose Higgins
Kat
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
My Fair Viscount is the delicious fourth installment of the Jess Michaels series The Scandal Sheet. Haven't read the first three? Why the heck not?! But go ahead and read this one; it stands alone perfectly well. Plus I guarantee you'll want to go back and see what you missed in the first three books!

This story is a twist on "My Fair Lady", with David Shaw as a male Eliza Doolittle and Rose Higgins as a female Henry Higgins. Yes, it's as fun as it sounds. David, who grew up in the rookeries, bec
Sharon Tyler
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
My Fair Viscount is the fourth book in the Scandal Sheet series by Jess Michaels. You do not have to have read the earlier books to fully enjoy this book, although returning readers will see some past favorites make cameos. It is currently scheduled for release on July 9 2019.

Raised in the rookeries, David Shaw has just inherited his father's fortune and his title. With his rough manners, he will certainly never be accepted by Society, but his cousin offers a solution. One David doesn't like. Mi
Pamela
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Rose Higgins is a comportment teacher for ladies of society. She must eke out a living and it's the best way she knows how. Rose faces her most difficult challenge when she is employed to teach the new Viscount Shaw, David. She wants to refuse, but she just cannot turn down the money offered.

David Shaw cares nothing about the title, but he wants to prove to himself and his deceased father that he is good enough to inherit. He is however, a little perturbed when his cousin employs a lady to give
Amanda Hopeless.Book.Romantic
“Ought,” he repeated. “Always hated that word. A life of shoulds seems awfully empty, Rose. What about what you want?”

My Fair Viscount is book four in the Scandal Sheet series by Jess Michaels. This novella was a fun twist on the Pygmalion story with an etiquette teacher taking on a new viscount as pupil. David Shaw, the new Viscount Shaw, is new to the ton and more at home in the rookeries and hells of London. His cousin Richard, who found him, takes it upon himself to hire Miss Rose Higgins to
Tracy Emro
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
David Shaw is the new Viscount Shaw and totally unprepared for the role. He was raised in the seedier parts of London by his mother after being abandoned by his father. But now his cousin Richard Shaw has found him and insists that he take his position in society, in fact, he has hired a comportment tutor to prepare him.

Rose Higgins teaches comportment to young ladies and is surprised to learn that her new student is a man – a very attractive man. She declines the job, but Richard makes her an o
Janet
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Raised in the rookeries, David Shaw has just inherited his father's fortune and his title. With his rough manners, he will certainly never be accepted by Society, but his cousin Richard offers a solution.
Miss Rose Higgins has a successful reputation as a comportment teacher to budding debutantes. When she's approached to help the infamous new Viscount Shaw, she has no interest in putting herself on the line until she's made an offer she can't refuse.
I found this to be a fun & entertaining s
Clare
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is another great read from Jess Michaels, this novella features David Shaw and Miss Rose Higgins in a rather exciting rags to riches story. The telling of this story was very good and the story was most certainly very entertaining to read. The characters had a good connection with each other and I loved how we got to see a few older characters from the 1797 club series appear for a brief moment within the story. My only reason not to give this book 5 Stars is that I would have loved more of ...more
Cathy Geha
My Fair Viscount by Jess Michaels
The Scandal Sheet #4

Pygmalion with a twist...this time Viscount David Shaw is playing Eliza Doolittle getting an education for his debut in society and Rose Higgins is playing Professor Henry Higgins...I had the sound track of My Fair Lady running through my mind as I read this book ;)

What I liked:
* David – true to himself but willing to do whatever it took to provide for himself and his mother
* Rose – I liked her...she was much more than a woman who taught eti
Debbie Glenn Brown
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
David Shaw is the new Viscount Shaw, he’s been raised in the rougher part of London the Rookeries after his father abandoned him and his mother. He’s just inherited his father's fortune and his title. What he needs is someone to teach him how to get along in society. Miss Rose Higgins has a successful reputation as a teacher to ladies of the Upper Ten Thousand and she’s quite surprised her new student is a man, but she has no intentions of taking on the new Viscount that is until they make an of ...more
Debra Martin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
David Shaw has just had his life upended when his cousin informs him he's the new Viscount Shaw. Raised in the rookeries, David knows nothing of proper behavior for a member of the ton. Enter Miss Rose Higgins who has been hired to teach him the proper way to do things. These two have an instant spark, but can they work together without giving in to the temptation?

I've read other Ms. Michaels' books and this one is my favorite. Though it is short (too short, I'd love it to be longer), the depth
Nicole
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher. Thank you!
Rags to riches is David Shaw, living his life in the rookeries and now a viscount. His cousin knows he needs to get his ready to enter society and who better to assist than someone who prepares others. Enter Rose Higgins, a woman who teaches comportment to ladies entering society. The offer to make David acceptable to society is too good to resist. Yet, neither expected for their hearts to be involved. Both have difficult pasts,
eyes.2c
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Clever premise!

A clever slant on an old story where roles are reversed. This time I t's the boy who needs the culturing not the girl. The time is Regency England and a rookery lad, (well, slightly dangerous man really) David Shaw, is turned Viscount. This diamond in the rough needs a makeover. A wonderful ploy that didn't really follow through for me.
Miss Rose Higgins, (not Henry) who brings debutantes up to scratch is hired by the lovely Richard, David's cousin who was to be the Viscount before
Lori D
Being the honest man he was, Richard Shaw found out there was another heir beside him that should take the title of Viscount. So he searched and found David Shaw, a man who had practically grown up in the rookeries and was about as polished as rough piece of granite! Richard signed him up for comportmant classes with Rose Higgins, who had great reputation but feels she cannot help a man. But she became swayed with a large monetary amount would be paid. Of course, money cannot buy everything and ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
My Fair Viscount by Jess Michaels is book 4 in The Scandal Sheet Series. This is the story of Rose Higgins and David Shaw. I have read the previous books, but feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
David has inherited his father's title but he knows he doesn't have the town's training for it since he was raised as normal titled children. Rose teaches to ladies things that they need to know and is very good at it to help them in society. So when she is approached to help
Nina Reads Too
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you guys like my fair lady, you will definitely love this book. This reversal in the roles, that why its called my fair viscount. Raised in the rookeries, David Shaw has just inherited his father's fortune and his title. He has a lot of rough edge. His cousin hires Miss Rose Higgins to teach his manner and be part of the ton. There is alot of heat and attraction between these two players especially when they are left alone for three weeks.

This is a must read for Jess Michaels. Please read it
N.W. Moors
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick and fun rewrite of Pygmalion. Miss Rose Higgins is engaged to teach a new member of the ton, David Shaw, the proprieties. David was raised in the slums of London but has just learned he's the new Viscount as his father married his mother who was a chambermaid. He's less than enthusiastic about this project until he sets his sight on Rose.
Rose and David are both likable in their own way. This is one story that might have been better if it was a full-length book; it suffers from not giving
Tammy
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this fast-paced historical read! David is the new Viscount Shaw and needs some help to take his new position in society. Rose teaches comportment to young ladies and is surprised by the offer she receives to help David. Sparks fly but David isn’t a very willing student, can Rose teach David what he needs to know to survive among the ton? Very steamy and an entertaining story. I loved it!
Bree
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short well-written novella about a newly-found rough-around-the-edges Viscount, and the woman who is hired to teach him some manners. The temperature increases when he figures there are a few things he could teach her too, about passion.

Recommended for when you are in the mood for some heat, banter and a happy ending.

Lesley
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars. David was raised in the hells of London and everyone is surprised to learn he is true heir to his viscount father. Rose is hired to make his behavior more polished. It’s to be done in secret so while hidden away, they fall in love.

Another great story to this series. The romance is hot as always. Can’t wait for the next one.

Thanks to the publisher for a review copy via NetGalley.
Sandy N
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Another book by the very talented Jess Michaels. This is a short novella, very easy to read. The beginning was good but it started to go a bit flat at around 30% of the book. I did find the End very rushed. The two leads were engaging enough but I just didn't feel the chemistry between them.
I reviewed this ARC on my own voluption and the opinions expressed here are all mine.
Michelle
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short, sweet, wonderful chemistry between our main leads from the beginning. I love how they overcome their struggles and learn to ignore what people of society should do rather than what their heart is telling them to. Another great read from Jess Michaels!
Shirley Hamlod
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another enjoyable book in this series. The story of David and Rose is simple but lovely! What a treat!
USA Today Bestselling author Jess Michaels likes geeky stuff, Vanilla Coke Zero, anything coconut, cheese, fluffy cats, smooth cats, any cats, many dogs and people who care about the welfare of their fellow humans. She watches too much daytime court shows, but just enough Once Upon a Time (CaptainSwan FOR LIFE). She is lucky enough to be married to her favorite person in the world and live in a be ...more

The Scandal Sheet (6 books)
  • The Return of Lady Jane (The Scandal Sheet, #1)
  • Stealing the Duke (The Scandal Sheet, #2)
  • Lady No Says Yes (The Scandal Sheet Book 3)
  • Guarding the Countess (The Scandal Sheet Book 5)
  • The House of Pleasure (The Scandal Sheet Book 6)