Start by marking “Marshal: Loyalty and War 1” as Want to Read:
Marshal: Loyalty and War 1

Marshal: Loyalty and War 1

(The God Jars Saga #7)

When love collides with duty, you do what you must.

One of Valis’ fathers came home half-dead. The other is missing. When Valis tries to form a rescue party, he’s blocked at every turn by the Patron Priest who refuses to even consider the matter.

Valis’ non-magical allies—the Kalutakeni and mercenaries—are all on board, ready to follow Valis at a moment’s notice. But to moun
Published November 12th 2018 by Magelight Press

To ask other readers questions about Marshal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marshal

Start your review of Marshal: Loyalty and War 1
Becca
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This series has been so amazing! I’m sad that it’s almost over. It makes me want to cry. And this book actually did. This has probably been the hardest book of the whole series. And that’s saying a lot. Valis has had so much to overcome, it’s ridiculous. But he’s stepped up to every challenge and not backed down. But this has been the hardest stuff to overcome yet.
Valis was so glad one of his fathers was home. But that’s made him more than determined to find his other. Scrying only shows him so
Amanda
3.5 stars! This was still really good, but it was missing a lot of the action and tension of the previous book. It seemed more like a stepping stone to the next in the series. We did get a fairly big reveal at the end, and some bananas progress in Valis and Tavros lives in the monastery, and I’m excited to see how their journey progresses.
Natosha Wilson
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. Each book I think “there is no way Devon can come up Itch something else to top the last book”, then I am ultimately surprised when Devon does just that. This book is what I would call a prelude to what is to come next. Valis and Tavros came upon someone on the back of horse in the last book that turned out to be Kerac. The question was where was Darolen? With Kerac and Darolen being husbands and mates together for all time, Kerac showing up in t ...more
Joscelyn Smith
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A pager turner as always

This one starts off with heartbreak and the hits just keep on coming. This book takes Valis on a roller-coaster of emotions, joy tempered by pain and fear, hope, and an all consuming rage and only Tavros can hold him back from the edge. Relationships are repaired and some are on the brink of being irrevocably lost. Valis and Tavros have to succeed at the unimaginable in order to fulfill the mission that Valis has every intention of going on with or without permission. Thi
Meg
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 🌟

In this, as with the previous books, the author rolls seamlessly from Betrayal, of the Purity and Control trilogy, into the Loyalty and War set. As shown by the ending of Betrayal, an important member of Valis's family is brought back into the active plotline, which leads to the catalyst for this book.

With one of his fathers home, Valis knows he must make it his mission to find the lost and imperiled Aesriphos father still missing. From what he is able to learn, he has an idea of the condi
R
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
These books just keep getting more intriguing as Valis gains more and more levels of power.

I’m not really sure if the following has spoilers. Being the seventh book in the series everyone should know what’s going to happen.

He helps heal his papa when he returns and vows to find his father regardless of what anyone says, to that end he begins to marshal his troops. Knowing it won’t be an easy journey.

He and Tavros forgive Aryn, realizing he has serious mental issues.

In a surprising way all the
Kitt
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book in the series! It's full of joy and sorrow, victory and defeat, action and adventure, and challenges galore. I face every book in this series with the best kind of ambivalence. On one hand, I love every book and devour it; but on the other, I know each book brings us closer to the ultimate battle after which, win or lose, we will have to say good-bye to Valis and all the other characters we have come to love (or hate). That said, I continue to wait impatiently for the next ...more
Xochitl
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the book 1 of the next saga in the God Jars series, this book opened the path to more Valis and Tavros' adventures where they again proved their courage, loyalty and love for each other. The story finished in a emotional note, waiting for book 2, (book 8 in the series). Action-packed, page-turner, this story kept me at the edge of my seat all the time. Wonderful reading!!
I received this book as an ARC and this is my honest opinion.
Tony Williamson,jr.
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to live in this series!

What lengths would you go to to save someone you love? What if that someone was like a father to you? Valis has been to hell and back..more than once. But this adventure may be his ultimate challenge. With his husband at his side and over 100 loyal friends and extended family members marching, the quest is about to begin. Each book in this series is better than the last.
Michelle
The first of the last trilogy finds us with a now married Valis and the return of his Papa. Valis grows in power as he fights to get the rescue mission to save his Father sanctioned by the monastery. Mysteries are hinted at. Visions and premonitions litter the scenery like epileptic seizures. Spells and shields and translocation begin to give hope that good just might triumph over the forces of evil. A+ series. Highly recommended.
Stephanie
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG my heart is breaking right at the start if this book and it didn't stop. All the feelings that Valis are feeling just coming right off the pages in this story. This is such an amazing rollercoaster of emotions that I just couldn't stop reading once I started. Another absolutely amazing addition to Valis' story.
Tammy
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am loving the series still. The story has a nice steady pace to move the story along. Characters are still likable. Will be stalking the author bookshelves for a long time.
“I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book and was not required to leave a review.”
Thank you for sharing your book with us.
Patricia Nelson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And the adventure continues in this marvelous, amazing, tension filled, action packed, emotionally charged, compelling, passionate, and totally awesome tale. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nadea Croix
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I throughly enjoy reading this book from the get go there is chemistry between the characters that are relatable and engaging which kept me interested from beginning to the end.

Kaila
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
oh the heartbreak and heartache.. i felt all the feelings.. and it was amazing
Gema Cela rodríguez
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Betrayal keeps being my favorite book in the series, but this one is next to it. I think it's the more emotional of the series so far but it keeps advancing the storyline without pause.
Sher
Nev Usilton
Feb 05, 2019
Chelle Britton
Apr 15, 2019

• Dead of Knight (Guardians of Camelot #2)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta #2)
  • Seth (Ward Security #5.5)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • Everybody Burns (Enhanced World, #6)
  • The Alpha's Fake Mate (The Omega Misfits, #2)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Concealed Magic (Magic and Claws, #2)
  • The Second and His Bonded (Kincaid Pack, #2)
  • Witchblood (Kitsune Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)
  • Dark Space (Dark Space, #1)
  • Love Among the Stars (Fire & Ash #1)
  • Forbidden Magic (Magic and Claws, #1)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)

The God Jars Saga (9 books)
  • Saviors: Duty and Sacrifice 1