Start by marking “Blind Side” as Want to Read:
Blind Side

Blind Side

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,443 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Published January 1st 2006 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Blind Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Side

really liked it 4.00  ·

Carli Anderson
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever find a book you love so much that you read it two or three times in the space of a few months? That's exactly what I did with the book "Blind Side", by Clair M. Poulson. I read it over and over and then I loaned it out to family members so they could read it too. I've already said that Poulson is my favorite author, and "Blind Side" is probably in my top favorite three of his books. It's about an incredible young woman, named Noletta, who takes her dog for a walk and becomes the only ...more
Maggie
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it. It was a page turner. I read it in two days. What a twist at the end.
Amy
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, romance
Okay. I've only read half of this book, and I love it so much it's frustrating. This author is amazing at writing suspense. He writes in a way that reminds me of a soap opera, always jumping from one scene to the next, just drawing you in more and more, until you want to scream and shake the book hoping that somehow the story will just fall out and reveal everything at once. (I sort of did that, too. The shaking the book thing.) Anyway, there are a few pretty cheesy parts, but the suspense is so ...more
Brooklyn
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Oh. My. Gosh!!!!!!!! If there was any more stars, like say 1,000,000,000,000!!! I would fill them all in an still need more. This book is amazing from beginning to end. I, too, am LDS and know personally what challenges people go through, even the best of people. I almost died when I found out who the killer was and I almost started crying. This book is AMAZING and I have already recommended it to, like, 6 people. I can't put into words how amazing this book is. Its the perfect touch of adventur ...more
Jill Tharp
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
I always question LDS fiction. This one had a good premise, but about 1/2way through, I almost gave up on it. The on/off love stories were about to send me over the edge. Shortly therafter, things got better again and I liked the ending.
Natalee
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Noletta, a college student out taking pictures with her new dog, stumbles upon a murder scene. She spots the killer but gets shot. Two doctors find her and her dog and get her to a hospital where she recovers. Now blind, she and her dog, Taffy, live their life while the killer roams free. After some time, the detectives gave up on the girl’s case but one night, Taffy disappears mysteriously. A detective takes up the case once more to find Noletta’s dog and, hopefully, the killer.
The common idea
Susan
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: slmta
Fast paced plot in which there is many fascinating twists, which keep the reader guessing.
Phillip
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting!
Faye
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all Clair’s books they are clean and intriguing!
Debora Baird
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not the worst book I've read but rather predictable and repetitive.
Kaila
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well. That was an intense.

I was like so lost on who the bad guy was the whole time maybe I'm just a clueless reader, or maybe Poulson is just very clued in how to defy reader expectation. Regardless, this was good.
In a classic wrong-place-wrong-time scenario, a young law student is blinded by a gunshot that was intended to kill. After overcoming insurmountable odds (because she's BOSS), she continues her life as a promising law student with the help of her guide dog, Taffy. Stuff goes DOWNTOWN
Ali Zeyer
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My friend recommended that I should read this book and I am glad that I did! This book had me hooked from the very beginning! Noletta was going up the canyon to take pictures with her dog when she ended up in the middle of a murder scene. Noletta ended up being shot in the head and because of a miracle, she lived but lost her eye sight. Detective Martin Atkinson has been investigating her case and has not given up- even when it seems impossible to solve.
I thought that it was written very well;
Rachel
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Synopsis:
Noletta Fahr and her dog went for a walk one morning; Noletta wanted to take a couple pictures so she could paint them. Taffy, her dog, got very far ahead of her. When she found Taffy, she also found a dead man lying on the trail. She turned to see Taffy growling at a man mostly hidden in the shadows. Noletta was shot in the back of her head when she turned to run, and Taffy sent the man running by biting him in the leg.
Noletta and Taffy were found and taken care of. Noletta lived, but
Apzmarshl
Sep 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Apzmarshl by: book club
The book was about Noletta (what kind of name is that?) a law school student. She is a victim of a random shooting, after stumbling upon a crime scene. After being shot in the head and left to die, she recovers, but is stricken blind.
About 2 years later the book continues with Noletta back in law school and living with her guide dog Taffy. (She had Taffy at the time of the shooting. Taffy attacked the shooter, but was not injured herself. Taffy had been Noletta's pet, but was later trained to be
Shani
Sep 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
I read this book years ago when I was much younger. Recently, I came across the book again and thought that I'd give it a re-read since I remembered loving the book. Sadly, the book did not age well. Looking at the book through the eyes of an adult was disappointing. The main character has the personality of a wet noodle. It seems like her only character traits are her vulnerability and beauty. Every character in this book praised her constantly of her bravery, but the author seems to be of the ...more
Rachael Dorronsoro
Jan 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
While Noletta and her dog Taffy are walking in the mountain she sees a man who has been murdered, the murderer pulls his trigger and shoots Noletta as well and thinks she is dead she doesn't die but does end up blind. Noletta learns to adjust to her new life and her dog Taffy is trained to be a helper to her. When Taffy goes missing Detective Martin Arkinson is called in to investigate. This book is another fast paced, great suspense, it has mystery and intrigue, the author has a way of making y ...more
Kevin Hanks
Mar 25, 2008 rated it liked it
This was a super quick read, as I started and finished it in about 4 hours of an insomnia-ridden night. It had an interesting plot, but I was able to guess who the bad guy was just half way through the book. It is everything that I would expect an LDS novel to be, in that in the beginning of the book, the story revolved around a murder and the girl who survived walking onto the scene . . . but by the end of the book, the main story had evolved into a really cheesy love story, while the whole mur ...more
Debbie
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Listened to this while on a long road trip, then had to finish the last CD when arrived home to know the conclusion - "who done it?". Though the story was suspenseful, by the last two CD's the dialogue was just getting too unrealistic (does anyone really talk like that?) and the twists and final outcome were rushed, in the end leaving me feeling I'd wasted my time on this. A squeaky clean story, written by an LDS author, with minor references that may be confusing to someone not of the LDS faith ...more
Kent
Apr 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Noletta Fahr stumbles onto a murder scene and is shot as a result. Her life is saved, but she is blinded. While she can no longer identify her assailant, her dog can. When she is kidnapped, detective Martin Atkinson tries to discover what really happened.

The book was expertly read by David R. Walker. Set in Salt Lake City, there was nothing offensive (except for the implied violence) and Poulson once again writes an Interesting mystery with a touch of romance thrown in.
Alysia
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I listened to this one on CD, and it was a good one for a drive. I liked the characters and the storyline, although the comments from the peanut gallery (husband who is a cop and also listening to parts of the story) did kindof disrupt the story. Hard to explain to someone who knows the facts of law enforcement to just enjoy the fictional story when they pick out things not done right in the story. But, enjoyable nonetheless.
Lisa the Librarian
Dec 12, 2009 rated it liked it
I found this book in the local library while looking for the Michael Oher story. I knew this wasn't the same book, but decided I was in the mood for a suspense thriller.

I enjoyed it. There were some good plot twists, but other things seemed too coincidental to really be realistic.

Some good character development as well, but also a couple of "huh" ideas with that as well.

It did keep me up reading late into the night, and I guess that is a great compliment to a suspense novel.
Kendra
Apr 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Before you read this you need to know there are some spoilers in this (sort of). :) I really liked this book. It was a very intense book and the author likes to throw in some wenches. The only problem with it is that she had some problems with her writing. The dog would not have let the person who hurt her be around her for so long because of the attitude of the dog. She was not consistent with the dog as a character...but other then that it was good.
Jen
Aug 02, 2008 rated it it was ok
Oh, I struggle with LDS authors! This is a good book--the story is suspenseful, and has lots of twists and turns, but he really shoots it in the foot with sappy, goofy stuff. It's a good story--and I'd be willing to read more of his books, but I'm not dying to get another one. I listened to the first half on CD on a road trip--and it was good for that. I overlooked the ocassional dorkiness when trapped in a car for 9 hours! I did like it, it was OK, I just didn't love it.
Susan
Feb 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
I like Clair Poulson's books. This one was about a girl who came upon a murder and was shot herself by the murderer and left for dead. However, she didn't die but was just blinded. A year later her seeing-eye dog is stolen, and the investigation leads back to the murderer. Poulson keeps the murderer's identify secret almost until the very end.
Julie
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: listened
This book has a great story line, but the conversation is awkward, and it's off putting. Does anyone say "I'm frightened" anymore? Maybe awkward isn't the right word. Perhaps it's old-fashioned or archaic. I've read one other book from this author, and the same was true. I'm still trying to decide if his books are good enough to overlook this flaw.
Marissa
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I listened to this book - actually a while ago - it was suspenseful and intriguing - the story of a young law student that stumbled into a crime scene and is shot- the injury causing her to go blind. She then must adjust not only to being blind but also to the fact that she's a witness to murder. She and the detective fight to protect her and her dog.
Danette
Jun 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Okay, I cheated with this one and listened to the audio tapes coming home from St George yesterday. I liked it, as the three stars indicated, but it did bog down in the middle a little bit. The twists were pretty good and best of all it made my road trip more enjoyable! I can't think of any other books from this author, but I would give him another shot.
Julie
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Just finished listening... I didn't want to leave during the last bit of it. What a twist in the end! Definitely not what I expected but great story. A little slow in the middle, the main girl (Noletta) is trying to decide which guy she likes. Don't really care too much about that, I just wanted to get on with the story! Good story nonetheless.
Christy
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A women comes up on a murder scene. The guy shoots her in the head, making her blind. She has a dog and as the story goes along the dog gets stolen because the killer is trying to still kill her. She falls in love with the detective helping on the case and the murderer is found. The killer turned out to be one of her very close friends from law school.
Cara
Jun 15, 2009 rated it liked it
the love triangles in this story got kind of annoying and a few things seemed unreasonable. The killer actually gives himself away about a theft in the beginning, but the main character doesn't pick up on it, which doesn't seem realistic to me. But it was still good enough that I had to finish it.
« previous 1 3 next »
Did it touch anyone else? 1 3 Nov 24, 2012 01:39PM

• Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3)
  • Abandoned
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • This Just in
  • Fool Me Twice
Clair M. Poulson was born and raised in Duchesne, Utah. His father was a rancher and farmer, his mother a librarian. Clair has always been an avid reader, having found his love for books as a very young boy.

He has served for forty years in the criminal justice system. Twenty years were spent in law enforcement, ending his police career with eight years as the Duchesne County Sheriff. For the past