Start by marking “Roll of a Lifetime (Roll of the Dice #5)” as Want to Read:
Roll of a Lifetime (Roll of the Dice #5)

Roll of a Lifetime

(Roll of the Dice #5)

Things Rachel Groff needs: her daughter out of diapers, the back child support she’s owed, freedom from her devious, dirtbag ex-husband.

Rachel has inched her way towards financial security over three years of solo parenting. Clinging to her hard-won independence, she is on guard against the type of man who deceived her in the past. Men like the too-hot and too-charming di
ebook
Published December 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Roll of a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roll of a Lifetime

Start your review of Roll of a Lifetime (Roll of the Dice #5)
Wendy Bunnell
I liked the characters, and generally like stories of single parents navigating the dating scene. That was all addressed appropriately.

I didn't get a great sense of Theo, the male lead, who was so similar to Rachel's ex that she mistook him for her ex. I couldn't really connect with why he was different enough to be "just right" for Rachel.
Lisa
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts of this were very refreshing but there wasn't much conflict, internal or external, or rather the author just didn't do enough with the conflict she was creating.
Melanie Greene
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I know I say this every time I finish a book, but this is my favorite of all my books. :D
Lisa
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I have written this review so many times because I keep changing my mind while listening. So adjustments keep being made.
This is my final thoughts.

I ended up really liking this book. At the beginning it was touch and go for a while. I haven’t read any others in the series and I felt that was part of my confusion at the beginning. I still had some holes that lasted throughout the book. This does cause some irritation and ruins the flow of the story. It does get better and looking at the story a
Margaret Watkins
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She escaped her disastrous marriage, but Rachel is still the one holding the baby. Despite her bid for freedom from Sergei and his controlling mother, Rachel is nevertheless dependent on him for whatever child support he manages to scrounge up. Unfortunately, Sergei is far from Mr. Reliability. His boss, however, is another kettle of fish altogether. Having employed Sergei, Theo has to tread a careful line if he is to win Rachel over and show her that despite her shattered self-confidence, he is ...more
Amaya
The title, blurb and premise caught my attention - Am ready and expecting myself to like it but it isn't going that way.

For starters, the book features a Greek-American hero, Theo. Heroine is a single mum and has to rely on her (former) mother-in-law to care for her daughter from time to time. There are Greek traditions involved (name day!) which is new and lovely to see incorporated.

The heroine's ex-husband is meh. Also works with Theo, the hero at the restaurant.

I like how the heroine has the
Yvonne
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book starts off with Rachel Groff in a convenience store waiting for her ex-husband Sergei to drop off their daughter Hannah. Instead he gets his boss Theo Melis to drop his daughter off for him. Most of the book Sergei acts like Hannah is a burden to him and does not seem interested in her at all. At first Rachel is mad at Theo but then she calms down when she finds out he has his own kid and he tried to charm his way out of her anger. Most of the book is Theo getting Rachel to like him and ...more
Gwen Pendley
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author, but definitely not my last!

This story pulled me in from the very beginning and didn't let me go.....I want more of these characters. A single mom and a single dad. Rachel doesn't want a man right now, nor does she want the hassles of a relationship. Theo is instantly drawn to Rachel - the only problem, her ex-husband is his employee. Rachel wants to keep things casual and fun and while Theo wants serious. When Rachel finds out that she is pregnant, can Theo convince
Sheila
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rachel has been busy for the last three years trying to raise her daughter by herself without any help from the dirt bag ex and finally she seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Theo is also a single dad raising his child along and now his pub is doing well after his manager left him in the red and left town but he left behind his ex wife a strong woman Rachel who he admires. This is a great story about two people who have struggled through hard times but have found each other. Great charac ...more
Margaret McGovern
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent contemporary romance between two divorced parents. Rachel is finally getting close to her and Hannah’s independence from Hannah’s fathers child support. Theo is also divorced he owns and works in his microbrewery. Unfortunately, his manager is Rachel’s ex-husband. Both these individuals are wary of love and commitment but Theo is more open. They have numerous obstacles to deal with as they traverse dating, children and exes. I received a complementary copy of this book via Booksprout a ...more
Jessica Daniels
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Mel, I love this series, and I loved these characters in particular. Rachel checked so many boxes for me, and I related to a lot of what she was going through, finding it authentic but also unique to a lot of the genre, and Theo is a great leading man. I also thought Rachel's ex was written really well, and his manipulative nature came across strongly. I know that guy. I know a few of that guy. It struck a chord and made the story that much more grounded for me.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Theo and Rachel are well worth reading their story. They are both raising children and divorced. The difference is Theo takes care of his responsibilities. When Theo drops of Hannah to Rachel in place of Sergei, it sets up the relationship that develops between the two in spite having employing her ex as his manager. Will this relationship work and will Sergei ever do the right thing?

Sandy
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is also an audiobook. The narrator did a great job with the story. She brought the story to life for me. Rachel is a single mother and Theo is a single dad. They meet each other when Theo drops off her daughter to her. From there sparks begins to fly between them. But Rachel is not sure she wants another man in her life.

I was given a complimentary copy from the author. This is my honest unbiased opinion.
Vinessa
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rachel is in a baf way she is confused and has a meed to give in but three years of independently managing a business and raising het child all while her ex lives a care free irresponsible life.
Theo has a great life his business his son that is his life.
Until Rachel makes an appearance.
Hot and cold is the name of the game

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book get so hot you may need a cold shower I absolutely could not get enough of this I was hooked from the first page great writing job bravo loved it and if anyone is looking a steamy wonderful read then add this one to your list you will not be disappointed I wasn't I loved it

Barbara
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new Author for me I found the book to be well written. Rachel Groff and Theo Melis are both single parents they have struggles and a past to get over before they can be together, I enjoyed reading their story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Georgia
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read, fun, realistic, steamy and heartwarming. The characters and storyline was well written and enjoyable, with two divorced adults parents looking for a second chance to love. I love this book and can't wait to read more from this author.

Brittany
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I really liked the characters and this is one of my favorite tropes. I feel like maybe the author didn’t do enough with the conflict she tried to create. She made Rachel’s ex out to be crazy but didn’t really capitalize. I received this book from eBook Discovery. I am voluntarily posting this review. This is my honest review.
Mary
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's an unexpected trope here (something that wasn't hinted at in the blurb) that just isn't my jam. (I won't spoil anything) But overall, it's still a good read. Full disclosure: I received an ARC free of charge from Romance Rehab/Romance Remedy.
Melissa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
Rachel and Theo's story is one that you don't want to miss, they're both divorcees while raising their kids on their own. It was so sweet to read about them.

Ashleigh
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a Sweet story!

The writing draws you in and keeps you involved throughout the whole story, I found myself in love with not only the characters but also the world that was created.

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Evonne Hutton
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She had a difficult time so far in life but is starting to get to an even keel.
He was in the same boat until he met her!
Where will life lead them? Will they both be willing to take a second chance?
I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. This is my honest review.
Melinda
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Greene hits it out of the park with this one. “Roll of the Lifetime” is fantastic, page-turner, full of laughs and emotions. I felt a connection with the characters and really liked who they were and where the story too me. Highly recommend
Kimberly
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, realistic and they have good chemistry. The story is a fun romance read.

Kristin
Good characterizations and believable conflict, but I didn't know going in that it was an (view spoiler) subplot, which are just not my jam. ...more
Chris
Apr 24, 2019
April
rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2019

• Just One Kiss (Pine Grove #5)
  • The Rancher's Unexpected Pregnant Bride: Historical Western Mail Order Bride Romance (Montana Westward Brides Book 2)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • The Currior's New Tyrant
  • Reverend of Silence
  • Daddy Wanted
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Inspection
  • Daemon Deception (Daemon, #2)
  • Zodiac
  • One (Count to Ten #1)
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • The Blood That Drives Us (The Devils Dust MC Legacy, #1)
  • Single Dad
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
Melanie Greene is a native Houstonian. She shares her life with her hometown hunk of a husband and children so amazing they defy superlatives.

She writes smart, sizzling contemporary romance.

Roll of the Dice (5 books)
  • Rocket Man (Roll of the Dice, #1)
  • Ready To Roll (Roll of the Dice, #2)
  • Eye of the Tiger (Roll of the Dice, #3)
  • Let the Good Times Roll (Roll of the Dice, #4)