Start by marking “Super Fun Sexy Times” as Want to Read:
Super Fun Sexy Times

Super Fun Sexy Times

Cartoonist Meredith McClaren (Hinges) tells five short, sexy stories featuring superheroes, supervillains, sidekicks, and the people who love them.

Showing consent and character-driven erotic relationships, Super Fun Sexy Times answers the age-old question: what happens when the mask comes off?

Two sidekicks on opposite sides get stuck in an underground lab together, and fi
Expected publication: August 20th 2019 by Limerence Press

To ask other readers questions about Super Fun Sexy Times, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Fun Sexy Times

JV (semi-hiatus)
If I were to sum up or perhaps magnify the experience I've had with this graphic novel, it would definitely be James Corden and Jamie Dornan going at it!

You got that right, mate! Super Fun Sexy Times is composed of 5 short racy and explicit stories that are sex-positive, LGBTQ+ inclusive, and immensely diverse.

Humans are deeply and innately curious about everything that's going on around us, but do you ever wonder what some of our superheroes and infamous villains do on a holiday, even behind th
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Mega fun and super sexy. My only complaint is that I wish each of the stories had been just a tad bit longer; I wanted more!
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I'll be upfront and say that I somehow missed the "erotica" tag on Netgalley when I first downloaded this graphic novel, so it did take me off-guard a little bit to see how explicit the scenes were! I wasn't going to mention that in this review until I noticed some other reviewers saying they had similar experiences, so I just want to point that out for anyone who may not be comfortable viewing explicit materials. It didn't bother me, it just surprised me a little. 😅

With that out of the way, Sup
Thank you to the publisher for providing a review copy via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Oh this was so cute and sweet and lovely!

This is a very inclusive and diverse comic about superheroes and villains and their romantic lives, which is so very different from anything I've read before. I loved the artwork -- but fair warnings, it's graphic so definitely NFSW. And I really enjoyed how each character was queer, and so many ivtersectionalities involving race, gender, and body size.
Amy
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you, NetGalley and the publisher for the chance to read this comic!

Rating: 4 stars
Rep: LGBTQ+, POC and plus size rep

Well, I was not expecting to love this as I did! What a fantastic, inclusive, beautiful comic. I will admit, I immediately downloaded this after I saw the cover (superheroes & supervillains?!) and I didn't realise it was actually classed as "erotica" but honestly, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Consent, kinks, relationship dynamics and sex positivity are the th
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley and Oni Press/Limerence Press for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 stars.

I was not expecting this as it is. So it did make me slightly uncomfortable but the actual stories were entertaining enough. I wasn't a huge fan of the style of the artwork right away but it grew on me. I don't have much to say about this as its not really my type of book but if you are looking for a fun quick, enjoyable, erotica graphic novel, then pick this.

I do have one thin
Kirsty
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. Properly loved it. You know sometimes you're hungry and you don't know what you want to eat, and then someone brings you a meal that turns out to be the exact thing you didn't know you wanted? That's this book. I didn't know I wanted queer, diverse, body-posi superhero smut in my life – but it turns out I do. And I'm so happy I found it.

For me, this book succeeded on all the levels it needed to. The artwork is beautiful, the layouts are great, the characters are well-defined
Sometimes it is fun to think about what Superheroes do when no one is watching. With their tight spandex, and well toned bodies, we often ship our favorites together.

So, while all these superheroes are made up, as are the bad guys in some cases, they all have some sort of super power, and that is where we begin each short story.

The pictures are sensual. The sex is all consensual. There is no violence, other than, oh, an assassin throwing a body down a cliff, but that's all we see, not the viole
Kyle
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*Copy provided by NetGalley— many thanks to them, the author, and publisher for making this available!*

I guess I glossed over the “Erotica” tag on NetGalley, and it wasn’t mentioned on Goodreads, so head’s up that there is graphic content!

Otherwise, this is a pretty adorable (yet steamy) collection of illustrated superhero stories brimming with humor and sex-positivity. There is much talk of consent, boundaries, safe sex procedures, and kink exploration, and it is all handled with the utmost car
Natasha
I received an arc from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for a free and honest review

Well it said it was sexy times between super heroes and it definitely delivered. Definitely a NSFW read. I loved how most of the characters were queer and that consent was a big theme.
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
4 / 5 stars

Okay, first off my friends, this is NSFW. Forewarning, do not attempt to read this in public.

With the forwarning out the way, let me say—this was so, so good. It was everything I had been hoping for and expecting. It was diverse, wonderful, inclusive and accepting. This book covered different orientations, preferences, ages, body types, and kinks in such a beautiful and adorable way.

This book consisted of five short superhero/villain stories that were dirty and a whole lot of wonder
BadassCmd
This erotic graphic novel was nothing I expected but actually everything my heart needed.

I have my experiences with all kinds of manga, but I think I never read an erotica graphic novel before. But the description of this book really intrigued me (I love everything with superheroes and villains and even more if it’s marked LGBT), so I wanted to know what it was about.

I really like the art style of it. Since the contures aren't done with harsh black lines, the art has a very gentle and pretty aes
Alex Sarll
Grabbed from Netgalley because I enjoy McClaren's art from her all-ages work on the Adventure Time comics, and the clockpunk fantasy Hinges. And as when I similarly read Colleen Coover's Small Favors off the back of her all-ages work, I was somewhat taken aback at how very not suitable for all ages this is. But that art style turns out to work just as well on sex vignettes, keeping the feel warm even when the script is leaning a little didactic. Because the emphasis here is on things like the im ...more
Princess
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Awesome super heroes having hot consensual sex?? Yes please!! This is legit erotica, so if graphic sexual content is not your thing, please stay away. It has been some time since I’ve read from this genre and it really elevates the experience when it’s in the graphic novel format. It can be a bit distracting to see highly erotic scenes depicted in a very cute style of art, but it works fine in this volume. I enjoyed everything except for the font used—it looks kind of stiff and the conversation ...more
Ness (Vynexa)
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was provided with an eARC via Netgalley. thank you for the opportunity to read early and review.

when they say that this is erotica, they were not kidding!

this graphic novel follows different partners of all ages, races, gender and sexuality living out fantasies and having sex.

it’s a quick read and very sexually graphic. I love that it covers so many different ways partners can have sex. some are heroes and some are villains. some are just civilians.

I did enjoy it, my favorite was the f/f relat
Devann
I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley

Just because some people seem to have selective vision when reading the summary and genres for this book: THIS IS AN EROTICA BOOK. THERE ARE GRAPHIC SCENES. A LOT OF THEM. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Luckily I knew that going in, so I had a really great time reading this. There are five short stories and I really liked the diversity in terms of character design, sexuality, and even where people fell on the heroes vs villains spectrum. I was worried the
Adan
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like the title says, this was super fun and super sexy, but even better, super sweet. I like it when my erotica features characters who actually care about each other, making the sexy parts that much better. There’s a wide range of sexual preferences, proclivities, kinks, body types, and gender identities, and there are only five stories! I hope Meredith McClaren does a bunch more of these.

PS. This collection of stories is very much NSFW, and not at all appropriate for children. But consenting a
mikai
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an erotic comic book that shows a couple of diverse partners — of gender / race / color / size / culture(?) , with different fetishes or preferences when it comes to sex. The graphics are great, but the stories are brief. It’s a good book nonetheless. The consent and the respect of each partners were superb.

It’s my first time reading such type of comic book. And I can say that it isn’t bad. Looking forward to the next volume!

Thank you for the free e-copy provided by Oni Press, Limerenc
Camille
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I applaud Meredith McClaren for such an inclusive and diverse piece of work. I don't think I've ever read anything that did this so well.
I really didn't like it much, though, because the artwork and the story lines didn't work for me. I don't mind the LGBTQ+ aspect of the work, it's the "superhero" stuff that made it super weird and eventually made me uncomfortable.

Disclaimer - I received a free digital copy courtesy of Limerence Press in exchange for an honest review.
Angelique
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty much does what it says on the tin. I liked when they just expressed little hearts. I liked the art. They all looked like fun cats (hilarious how later this was a kink for one of the characters). Super Fun Sexy Times deals with issues of consent, gender expression, sexy times going not so sexy (I can relate) and interspecies (intergalactic?) sex.

I enjoyed it, but thought the characters could be more than what drives them sexually and a blub about them as superheros/villians/etc.

It's expli
Phyllis *how about a TBR mansion?
*Copy provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This was so adorable and sex-positive.
I was all smiley and aww and I think I said “that’s so cute!” about 30 times.
I really enjoyed how different pairings were portrayed and it’s a refreshing read in such judgemental times (even though society is moving forward but there are still lots of narrow minded people).

I gave it 4/5 because the illustrations in some of the panels were a bit confusing (missing a solid line or shading/colour cont
Jessica
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review and more can be found at The Book Bratz.

I picked up an ARC of Super Fun Sexy Times during BookExpo this year, after there was a giant NSFW sign next to it, which immediately made me and Amber curious, so we picked up copies and actually read this book in the hotel after that day on the show floor, giggling the whole time, because this story was super hilarious -- which I'm about to get into a little more, so let's get into my review!

First thing's first, this book was absolutely hilar
Jaime
Review also found on my blog.

content warnings: explicit sexual content, consensual pain in a sexual context (Safe)
representation: trans mc, main m/m (Worst Case Scenario), black mc, bi/pan mc, main interracial m/f (Pre-Fuck), genderfluid mc, main genderfluid/f (Good Foundations), black fat sapphic mc, sapphic black mc, main f/f (Safe), black mlm mc, main interracial m/m (The Responsible Parties)

“Promise me, right now, that you will safeword if need be.”

“I promise.”

For some reason I've been rea
iam
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow this was AMAZING!!!! I loved every single page, every second I spent reading this!!!

Super Fun Sexy Times is about the, well, super fun sexy times that superheroes, villains, sidekicks and the people involved with them have!
This is one of the few books that has an actually fitting and very well done blurb that summarizes it perfectly, and this is one of the rare occasion where I actively encourage reading the blurb!!!

I adored every single of the five stories - each of them individually i
Littlebookterror
This was a lovely exploration of the sex and relationships in five short stories.
I loved every story and the interactions of these fully fledged out characters. They all felt distinct from one another without feeling disjointed. The topics were handled with nuance without turning preachy and you can find something for every taste.
Each story ends with a short bio of the characters which I absolutely adored. You can tell that you only get to see a small glimpse into their lives and that feels very
Taylor
I honestly didn't know what I was getting into when I picked up this earc, but I'm glad I was able to experience these sweet and steamy stories.

Consisting of a super diverse cast of superhero characters, Super Fun Sexy Times Vol 1, illustrates 5 individual snippets of couples exploring various sexual fantasies. This collection of stories features everything from m/m and w/w romances to nonbinary romance roles and kitten play kinks with people of various races, species (aliens), sizes, and ages.
Tiffany Hebor
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I was given this book in exchange for my honest personal review*

I LOVED THIS GRAPHIC NOVEL! I have never experienced this genre in graphic novel form before, and it definitely adds to the appeal. I loved each short story, and the variety of them. The topic of each piece was so brought spectrum, very "out there" feeling, which is kind of nice to see? Most erotica is very black and white. I enjoyed that the majority of the stories featured were based on people already in relationships, and it wa
C. A.
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received a review copy from NetGalley for an honest review.

Things that hit my interests? This is that thing.

Sex-positive. Consensual. Diverse. Erotica with a wide variety of orientations, body-types and kinks. And it's *funny*.

As has been said, "Super Fun Sexy Times" is very explicit. All five short stories involve superheroes, villains or sidekicks having sex and every one of them deals with a different aspect of sexuality: caring for your partner after a bad day, acting out a kink your partner
Lexy
This, as the title promised, was super fun. I love superheroes and villains but I’ve never actually thought about their personal -and intimate *wink, wink*- lives.

The art reminded me a lot to a Disney movie, so cute and perfect.

And the stories were fantastic, my favorite one was the second and I think that’s the one that’s going to stay with me until we get another issue, please and thank you. This is really steamy, and kinky at times, but SOOOOO cool.

Thank you, Netgalley.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
« previous 1 3 next »
Meredith McClaren is an illustrator and cartoonist who has no business doing either.

She sometimes entertains the idea of drawing the fourth book in Jen Van Meter’s Hopeless Savages series. And her journal comic Scraps indulges her closeted narcissism.

Supposedly she has a postal code in Arizona, but really, she could be anywhere.

Oh.
And don’t touch her stuff.
Seriously.