Start by marking “Blood Apprentice (Elemental Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Apprentice (Elemental Legacy, #2)

Blood Apprentice

(Elemental Legacy #2)

If you’re a human in a vampire’s world, nothing goes according to plan.

When a map to the mysterious fortune of notorious privateer Miguel Enríquez falls in the lap of Ben and Tenzin, only one of them is jumping at the opportunity. Tenzin can’t wait to search for a secret cache of gold. Ben, on the other hand, couldn’t be less excited.

All Ben knows about Puerto Rico is wh
Published February 12th 2019 by Recurve Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blood Apprentice, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Fiona Weaver
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book 6⭐ I absolutely would.

I was given the opportunity to read an early copy and wow it was good! We see Ben and Tenzin on the search for lost gold - yes, Tenzin is after gold and as you can imagine, the story is as much a fire cracker as she is! The developments in this book are not wholly unexpected if you have been a reader of Elizabeth Hunter‘s Elemental World up to this point, but you are going to need an outlet for your emotions. If you are reading in a public place -
Kate's Corner
We're back with Benzin and they're on a treasure hunt.

Ben Veccio caters to the antiques collectors of the immortal world as a human amongst vampires he always has to be fully aware of his surroundings. I love Ben, I think even more than I love Gio and that is saying something. Ben is strong, loyal, sly and has street smarts. He knows how to con people but doesn’t always use those skills. But at the same time, he is trying to come to terms with his past and what it could mean for his future.

Ten
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
A pirate's treasure map leads Ben and Tenzin to Puerto Rico - a land controlled by a trio of powerful vampires - Los Tres. They'll need their permission to seek the treasure. While Tenzin is thrilled to be on the trail of a fortune in gold, Ben is hesitant to revisit the country and people of his past. The longer they stay, the more long buried memories surface, stirring a storm that continues brewing within Ben. Again and again, he questions what he's doing with his life. Through a few alternat ...more
Rebecca Roanhorse
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series (Elemental Legacy series is new but it's an expansion of the same world/characters from the Elemental Mysteries Series) and these books. They are comfort reads for me. Like sitting in front of a roaring fire on a winter night in my favorite chair with a glass of single malt nearby. There are vampires and antiques and international travel and old libraries and wonderfully realized characters. And yes, there's romance, but it's often slow burn and a bit tortured (ok, a lot tortu ...more
M.J. Faraldo
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This was by far my favourite Elizabeth Hunter book.
Let me start from the beginning. I read A Hidden Fire first and I loved it, I devoured the whole series and the extra novellas. When Ben and Tenzin got their own series I was very excited since they are two of my favourite characters (Tenzin is my all time favourite though), so when I tell you that I'm so in love with this book it hurts, I want you to get my full meaning.
This book has all the feels, these characters that we love are growing
Anne Chadwick
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to received an ARC of this book with no expectation of a positive review whatsoever.

Where to start? Ben and Tenzin are just so wonderful together. I always crave more, more, MORE!!! I'm keen to watch how their story unfolds. Tenzin is a really complex character and the way she truly believes she's a monster is a little bit heartbreaking. Don't get me wrong, she's obviously a formidable and scary enemy to have should you get on her bad side - but for those she's loyal to, she's
KelticKat
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
Couldn't wait to start this one! Have to say it didn't disappoint.

Ben & Tenzin - the tension, the banter, the arguments, the frustration, the unspoken. These two always seem to grab me and jerk me into their world and before I know the adventure has ended...for now!

Love getting more glimpses into Ben's childhood. His struggles. How everything he has gone through has formed him into the man he is & has become - Good, Bad, Gio, & parents.

This journey takes us on a trip to search for p
This Literary Life
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me many days to get my mind in order after finishing this book so that I could properly review it. I’m not sure if I’m there yet but I’ll do it anyway.

There are sooooo many things to talk about in this book, but I want to keep this review as spoiler free as possible so here it goes.
The setting was fantastic, Elizabeth Hunter has a real gift in bringing a location alive. I could feel the warmth from the sun and the rum on my tongue as island music played in the background. Being that it’
Zinzi
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Premature rating, but Elizabeth has never let me down. I am eager for this book!!!............. And I wasn’t disappointed. I just wish there was “more” between Ben and Tenzin and I also know you can’t put everything in one book. Overall, I enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to Gavin and Chloe story.
Jaime
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down my favorite Elizabeth Hunter novel!
The small details describing the scenery and a new exciting foreign land, diving deeper into Bens past, the tension, the tension, did I mention the tension? Elizabeth Hunter does a fabulous job sucking us further into the Elemental World, and further into the complex relationship of Tenzin and Ben.
Ben and Tenzin are partners in crime. Two very different people brought together by a mutual interest in retrieving very valuable items… whether f
Killian McRae
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the many shades of Tenzin book. Awkward dialog Tenzin? Check. Badass warrior Tenzin? Check. Pretending to think one thing but hiding her true intentions Tenzin? Check. Check. But what will be most shocking is a Tenzin we as readers rarely get to see, one I won't divulge for fear of spoilers. The reader will also appreciate the emotional journey Ben goes through in this book, as will anyone who's had to learn to pull the flowers from weed patch and come to terms with the thorns of th ...more
Angela Hillier
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I was really lucky to be able to read this book early for my honest review.
Blood Apprentice started out with the best
of Tenzin and Ben and their banter. It just gets better and funnier.
In this instalment Ben goes back to his roots in Puerto Rico. We get to look back at his childhood before Gio found him, he has a great deal of guilt, and my heart broke for him and the what ifs he faces.
Of course there was also a treasure hunt which had Tenzin excited , well because gold right. They come across
Rebecca  Acree
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is simply marvelous! Blood Apprentice, the second novel in Hunter's Elemental Legacy series, follows Ben and Tenzin into the jungles of Puerto Rico, searching for pirate treasure and evading complicated vampire politics.
As Hunter is known to do, she masterfully creates picturesque landscapes and weaves her tale through a beautifully crafted backdrop. Hunter's use of characters to drive the story is exceptional. She has mastered the fine art of subterfuge and misdirection, creating a s
keikii Eats Books
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
96 points, 5 STARS!
Alert: massive gushing ahead, there was no getting around it

Ben and Tenzin are on a mission to Puerto Rico for pirate treasure via a treasure map that may or may not point to a secret cache of gold. Tenzin can't wait, she loves gold and she has been bugging Ben about it for months! Ben is reluctant because of his ties to his human family on the island. In the end, the allure of gold is capable of pushing against all obstacles, including sense.

I waited one year, three months, f
Kathy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I want to start by saying that I LOVED this book. I dearly love Elizabeth Hunter’s Elemental series, and have a deep deep love for Ben and Tenzin – so to say I have been counting the days to the release of Blood Apprentice is something of an understatement.

Over the course of the four Elemental Legacy books so far, it has been both wonderful and fascinating to see the relationship dynamic between Ben and Tenzin grow and evolve – and events in this book have definitely altered things. For the bet
Dmcl
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are no words that can adequately communicate what the experience of reading this book is like. And it is an experience- emotionally, spiritually and physically. It has a spectacular OMG moment that everyone has been anticipating, but still hits you right between the eyes and will leave you with your mouth agape for quite some time. I don’t know if it will be as powerful an experience if you haven’t followed the whole series, but that’s an excellent reason to backtrack and binge read now. E ...more
Danielle
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Blood Apprentice, Hunter takes us to the lush green, heat of Puerto Rico in search of treasure, in search of self and I for one, was LOVING every moment!
Treasure - Ben and Tenzin are back at it - treasure hunting in Puerto Rico! There is mystery, there is A LOT of banter, tempers, steam, and heart racing moments. You cannot help but put yourself right in the middle of this mystery. Can Ben navigate the politics of the Vampires In Charge of Puerto Rico? Will Tenzin push Ben over the edge?
Sear
Jessica Prow
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunter has done it again! A book that you don't ever want to put down and characters that are simply amazing!

Heavy sexual tension, not so innocent touches, silly arguments and adventure! Ben and Tenzin are amazing, together and separately. They encompass all the best aspects of literary characters, and I want to be their friend in real life!!

Dealing with the past, while deciding on a future, Ben is jumping into everything he has tried to avoid since being adopted by Giovanni. Tenzin, while pushi
Dee Smith
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book and it was amazing!! I love Ben and Tenzin and have been waiting impatiently for this book. It was everything I hoped it would be and more.
This is one of those books you just don't want to end . It is full of so many emotions and we get to learn alot about Ben's early life and about his family and about his Puerto Rican roots.
Then there is Ben and Tenzin's treasure hunt. You never know what's going to happen with them when they
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uno2019
Oh, the feels! Ben and Tenzin. I need them together! At this point I’m a bit frustrated with Tiny.
Angela Whitmore
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got a chance to read an early version of this book for a fair and honest review.
First, the cover. I love this cover so much. It fits in lovely with the theme of the previous books in the series, and then as you read the story you will know exactly when you have got to the place that it depicts.
I do recommend reading the earlier books first to get the full experience of the amazing world that Elizabeth Hunter has created, but you could just read this and enjoy the story as it is. However be war
Books_at_Tiffany’s
In Hunter’s Elemental World there is a vampire named Anne who is a counselor.
Well, Ben needs some sessions with her. Tenzin needs some sessions with her. Then they both need to go together for couples counseling. (That would be hilarious! 😂)
Another great Elemental Legacy book folks. This Legacy series is SO GOOD! I love the Irin Chronicles, and they will always hold a special place in my heart, but this Elemental Legacy Series is rapidly becoming my favorite. Pure entertainment: fun mysteries,
Norma
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything! Ben and Tenzin are back and looking for pirate treasure and the hunt is so thrilling. Full of action, intrigue, humor, intense chemistry, and a surprise appearance by one of Elizabeth Hunter's most beloved characters, Blood Apprentice will have you in its thrall from page 1! The story was a giant step forward in Ben and Tenzin's partnership. We learn so much about Ben and this just made me love him even more. Tenzin is....well, Tenzin and I'm so anxious to know what's a ...more
Melissa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I needed it to be, because who doesn't love a mysterious treasure on a tropical island!! I fully admit that Tenzin is one of my favorite characters that Elizabeth has created. She has such a wonderful depth of experience and mystery surrounding her, a beautiful childlike way of living in the world and just a dash of crazy to keep the readers constantly guessing on what she will do next. And Ben is the perfect counterpoint to her character!

The story was creative and origi
Holly
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What another fantastic read! Keep the stories coming E.H. . When you hear Ben, Tenzen and treasure, you know you are going to be in for an adventure. I loved the fact that some of the other characters made an appearance. I don't know how Elizabeth did it but I felt as if i was in Puerto Rico with them. I have to say the emotional roller coaster ride in this book gave me an understanding into who Ben is and Tenzen she's such a complex vampire.
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Elemental Legacy builds upon the very beginning which is Elemental Mysteries and then the Elemental World.   I would classify Elemental Mysteries and Elemental Legacy as urban fantasy as they deal with one couple primarily, whereas Elemental World is more paranormal romance with a different couple or character in each book
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The problem with reading an Elizabeth Hunter book is that you will eventually finish it and are no longer left with a new EH book to read. After reading Blood Apprentice, one thing is beyond clear to me. That is the fact that EH loves her readers and she knows we are dying to get our hands on anything Benzin related and she very much delivers. All of the Benzin shenanigans are included and OH MY GOD THE TENSION!!!! On second thought, maybe she doesn't love her readers because, again, OH MY GOD T ...more
Kelly Martin
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to preface this review by saying that Tenzin is one of my favorite characters of any book, EVER. You know that question people ask in awkward social situations, 'if you could have dinner with any one person, living or dead, who would it be?' I'd pick Tenzin and hope she didn't kill me before the appetizers came.

That said, Tenzin PLUS Ben (view spoiler) equals the kind of awesome that makes me giddy and impatient and take days off from work just to read it. As is
G.M.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elizabeth-hunter
I feel as if this review is more for the incomparable Elizabeth Hunter than it is for any new readers of hers. Most of us are fans that have been with her since the beginning and automatically pre-order anything she writes. That's how amazing she is.
This is the continuing evolution of Ben Vecchio that began in Imitation and Alchemy. But it is so much more... This entire book turned out to be so much more. Which was surprising as Elizabeth never fails to deliver. This one is a jewel of a story in
Jenny
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a book I didn't want to put down. No disappointments, only enjoyment. I love the progression of the relationship between the two main characters and their growth as individuals. One of the best parts for me was that the author brought back characters from past books. I always love when they do that. I can't wait for the next book. I have never been disappointed in Elizabeth Hunter's books and I would absolutely recommend this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Amazon created rogue book and author profile 13 46 Feb 06, 2019 08:25PM

• Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • Our Own Brand of Heroine
  • Resurrection (Dominion #4)
  • Tortured Soul
  • Fractured Steel
  • Alphas of Seduction
  • Dark Rapture (Beautiful Creatures, #1)
  • The Art Broker
  • Forever & The Power of One: The Forever Series, Book 1 & 2: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance
  • Luffs (Transcendence, #1.5)
  • Dark Wine (The Two Vampires, #1)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • The One Nighter
  • Hide in Time
  • The Tease (Darling Killer Trilogy, #1)
  • Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire, #1)
  • Legend of the Book Keeper (Lost City Chronicles, #1)
  • Cursed Ever After (Eternal Vampires)
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Elemental Legacy (2 books)
  • Midnight Labyrinth (Elemental Legacy, #1)