Start by marking “Hitler's Finger (A Sam Harris Adventure)” as Want to Read:
Hitler's Finger (A Sam Harris Adventure)

Hitler's Finger

(Sam Harris Adventure #2)

A missing historian, a vengeful journalist, some unhinged Nazis and a possible pregnancy. Has Sam gone too far on her return to Sierramar?

Alfredo and New York journalist, Saul Rosen, have disappeared while searching for a group of fugitive Nazi war criminals. Sam and her friend Gloria join forces to find them, and are soon caught up in a dangerous situation. A man is mur
Published March 1st 2018 by Nielsen

To ask other readers questions about Hitler's Finger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitler's Finger

Start your review of Hitler's Finger (A Sam Harris Adventure)
David Lucero
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Exciting, Adventurous Thriller!

Sam Harris is contacted by her close friend in Sierramar who tells her that her boyfriend has gone missing and wants her help. Sam is an adventurous woman, a geologist by profession who craves adventure. After returning home to London from a project she worked on in South America, she rekindles a relationship with an old boyfriend who sometimes leaves her feeling like he's more of a fly you have to keep swatting away.

With a bit of reluctance and combined willing
Bob Perhach
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good 👍 read

Perfect for a nice relaxing read while at home. The author has outdone herself again. Thanks. Keep up the good work.
Robert C. smith
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly Realistic Horror, Mystery and Romance!

Skinner uses a lot of creativity, blended with a great imagination to create one of the most realistic scary adventures possible. Hart characters are not boring, not is the action throughout!
K.D.
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
Just finished reading Hitler's Finger by PJ Skinner, the second book in the Sam Harris Adventure Books. Skinner does a great job setting the stage up on Germany's dark past and fast-forwarding it into a modern-day Nazi plot centered in Sierramar where her first novel Fool's Gold took place.
I found Hitler's Finger faster paced than her first book, more descriptive, and the secondary characters added more depth and impact to the storyline. There is a disconnect between Sam and her boyfriend Simon
Douglas Williamson
A Nazi plot in the South American jungles and a missing friend. Time for our heroine to take the stage.

Our heroine is an adventurer with a thirst for history and certainly not afraid to get her hands dirty. This is the second book in the series and new readers might be scratching their heads in the first chapter wondering who these people are, but by the second chapter it no longer matters. So feel free to jump in the middle here with the rest of us.

The story is classic adventure with lots of ac
Sue
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Geologist Sam Harris is woken from a sound sleep by a call from her friend Gloria. Alfredo is missing somewhere in the jungles of Sierramar and her help is needed. Over 40 years since WWII and the Nazi party, Alfredo has gotten himself caught in a situation with followers waiting for the fourth Reich. They want their location and plans kept hidden and will stop at nothing to keep Alfredo and a noisy journalist from ruining everything. Now it is up to Sam and Gloria to uncover the truth and hopef ...more
Marcus
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting book to read. Master plot about Nazi's to revive the Fourth Reich by cloning a body part from Hitler; in this case it was a finger, and being discovered by a vengeance filled ex-pow aided by a investigative reporter. This is where it gets fun, because one misstep leads to another misstep that ultimately leads to the discovery of these Nazi's with interesting results. There are several side issues going that doesn't distract our main character, but it kinda brings into ...more
Calleen Petersen
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woody James
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is better than the first book in the series. Again I read the Kindle version and it was still a little rough in places. The plot was good and totally plausible which I like and she did better with her writing. It could have used just a little better editing. I thought in the first book she couldn't decide if she was British or American as she switched back and forth. In this book she stayed British all the way, much easier to read.
Carol Peake
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was sent this book by voracious readers.
This us the first book I have read by this author but it won't be the last.
He weaves a story like Dan Brown with all the twist ,turns and suspense.
This story takes you through a secret nazi experiment thought up in the death camps to a hidden nazi stronghold hidden in modern times.
Mad scientists, murders and intrigue will hold you on the edge of your seat .
Una
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved Hitler's Finger - It was a lot more action-packed and fast-paced than Fool's Gold, and I was engrossed by the storyline from the start. The plot is a very interesting premise as to what the Nazis did after they arrived in South America, and a terrifying one at that!!
I can't wait to see what #3 has in store for Sam.
Tanya
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The village has a secret and her friend is missing so she tries to find him. There is a Nazi plot and she needs to try to save her friend of they will shut him up for ever. What are they plotting? Can she help stop it? Can she find her friend before it is too late? Follow her journey

Paul Blake
I thoroughly enjoyed the story, reuniting with Sam Harris and her Sierramar adventures. I loved Skinner's first novel Fool's Gold and Hitler's Finger was more of the same. Hitler's Finger reminded me of the classic 70s movies The Boys From Brazil, Marathon Man, and The Odessa File tracking down Nazi's well after the Second World War had ended. An excellent read and I've already bought the third in the series.
Angela Anderson
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book via Voracious Readers Only, and in return I will give an honest Sam returns to South America to help find her friend, Glorias boyfriend, whom seems to have disappeared. More adventure and excitement in this the second book of the series.
Kamina Richardson
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author via Voracious Readers Only within your review.

It was a good book that kept me engaged without seeming too dreadful considering the topic. The writing was on point and I love women with brains and beauty.
Bruce D.
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A far reaching book about cloning Hitler

This bookstore you back in time to Hitler's demise and the saving of a finger to try to clone him. Fast forward 40 years to a South American country where remnants of the third right are living. Pretty good read!
Robyn
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Character!

I love Sam. She’s blunt, honest, and never afraid to do the right thing. While her black and white views can lead to interpersonal struggles, you know she’ll always be loyal to her friends.
Great story, could use some editing.
Glen W.
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read

The characters and plot are believable. This novel contains non-stop action, a little romance, and some historical interest. One is encouraged to read more in this series.
Kate
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars. Fast paced and I was definitely engaged. An interesting story line and characters that grow on you. I still felt like I didn’t really know what makes these characters tick though, although I felt like I could relate to them more in this second book. I would definitely read the next in the series and I say thanks to PJ for encouraging me to read this one.
Nomi
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the authour and Voracious Readers Only who sent me a complimentary copy. I enjoyed this read. There were twists and turns every few pages which kept me constantly guessing.
Hw Huyler
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, plausible theme

Interesting journey through history, makes one wonder what the truth was and the story's implication of Argentina meant. Is there more?
Loretta Gabriel
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

The author has written a very interesting and entertaining story about the deception of World War II criminals who escaped percussion for their crimes. Suspenseful and entertaining reading.
karen s. koby-olson, m.d.
Entertaining

An entertaining adventure full of Nazis and intrigue. South American corruption abounds. Well developed characters that seem realistic. A good read.
Steve Hall
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, just not my genre

I Wii admit that Skinner hooked me in with a clever story line. Once into the book I was compelled to finish it.
Jud Hanson
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tale of WW II.

Light- weight adventure with a female hero and adventuresome journalists against Third Reich survivors who want to bring back Adolf in all his glory.
Anne Kinslow
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne Kinslow.
I have just finished reading this. A great story well written and I enjoyed every minute of it. There are many characters and a lot of action, adventure and humorous moments. I just got so caught up in it that I didn’t want it to end. I highly recommend this book.
Ken Stark
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a strong female lead, so it was a pleasure to meet the star of PJ Skinner's Sam Harris series. Sam is smart and capable and loyal to a fault, but she is also emotional and she makes mistakes and she is subject to weaknesses of the heart, and it is all of the above that makes her such a great lead.
In Hitler's Finger, the year is 1988 and Sam is on a chase through the back roads of South America to stop a group of escaped Nazi war criminals from carrying out their nefarious plot. It is a
Cindy Tomamichel
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book on the adventures of Sam, female geologist in a man's world. She is back in South America, and finds herself in a sinister plan involving Nazi's, while coping with personal upsets and friends in danger.

A more rounded book than the second, with more depth to the characters. Personal and external issues are tied together in a satisfying way. Nice to see a strong female character managing with a high level of competence and humour.
Nelson Meaker
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 really

Good characters well written and paced, a pleasant read with a few twists interesting setting and.an ending you feel pretty good abou.
Jane
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Berlin, April 1945
Hitler’s henchmen are fleeing Berlin in the wake of his suicide alongside his mistress, Eva Braun. Dr. Kurt Becker has just severed Hitler’s finger and placed it in a tube 🧪 and then transferred it to a canister of dry ice. He’s leaving Berlin in a truck carrying six young soldiers and headed for South America.

Dr. Becker has spoils he’s collected from Jewish houses in Belgium: gold chains and watches, delicate porcelain and so forth. He hopes to catch the tramp liner to Sierra

• Echoes of Atlantis: Crones, Templars and the Lost Continent (Templars in America Book 6)
  • Project StrikeForce: Exodus (Project StrikeForce #3)
  • The Power of Three (Rex Dalton #2)
  • The Tomb of El Dorado (Sam Reilly #18)
  • The Cult of Venus: Templars and the Ancient Goddess (Templars in America Book 7)
  • The Inca Con (Rex Dalton #5)
  • Sons of the Pope
  • The Secret of the King's Tomb (Richard Halliburton Adventure #1)
  • StrikeForce Reborn (Project StrikeForce #4)
  • Code to Extinction (Sam Reilly #9)
  • Hemingway Found (Ryan Bodean Tropical Thriller #2)
  • The Alboran Codex (Carter Devereux #3)
  • Steel Force (Jack Steel #1)
  • The Samurai Cipher (Sean Wyatt, #8)
  • Dead in Their Tracks (Mitch Kearns Combat Tracker #1)
  • The Phoenix Series: Books 1-3
  • Green Light (Sam Archer, #7)
  • Wood's Relic (The Early Adventures of Mac and Wood #1)
PJ Skinner is the author of the Sam Harris Series of adventure mystery/thriller novels. A geologist who has spent thirty years roaming the planet and collecting tall tales and real-life experiences, she now writes fact-based novels from the relative safety of London. She still travels world wide collecting material for the series and having her own adventures. The author is working on two other ne ...more

Sam Harris Adventure (7 books)
  • Fool's Gold (A Sam Harris Adventure #1)
  • The Star of Simbako (A Sam Harris Adventure #3)
  • The Pink Elephants (A Sam Harris Adventure #4)
  • The Bonita Protocol (A Sam Harris Adventure, #5)
  • Digging Deeper ( A Sam Harris Adventure, #6)
  • Concrete Jungle (Sam Harris Adventure, #7)

News & Interviews