Start by marking “What the Elf? (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #5)” as Want to Read:
What the Elf? (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #5)

What the Elf?

(The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #5)

Abby

After my sister and I lost our parents, life has been up in the air. The only thing we’ve been able to hold onto is our pact to spend every Christmas together, avoiding it like the plague.
That’s exactly what I’m doing when a deliciously dimpled man introduces himself the first day I arrive in Cringle Cove.
There’s nothing wrong with making a friend, right?
Until our ea
Published November 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about What the Elf?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Elf?

Start your review of What the Elf? (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #5)
Heather Heck
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What the Elf is sure to warm any Grinch’s heart, and make you laugh your jingle bells off!
Just the dose of Christmas I needed to get into the spirit 😍
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
A fun and flirty, festive read from Kate Benson.
When Abby and Dex lock eyes over coffee sparks fly but can love follow?
Grab your copy of the fabulous story and find out for yourself, you won't be disappointed.
Mary Lou Hoffman
WHAT THE ELF? is the fifth book in the multi-author The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles series. Each is a stand-alone holiday romance and they can be read in any order.

Absolutely adorable. This is fun, funny, a little bit steamy, definitely not for all ears, and perfectly delightful for a grown up Grinch fan.

I have always loved the Grinch and his green little heart. Abby’s heart grew and grew and grew, but she still isn’t going to wear that elf costume again! LOL

I wish I had more of this serie
Jenna
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The spontaneous coffee shop meeting of a bah humbug meets Christmas lover romance that will make you fall in love with them! (And Christmas.)
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
From putting the hate on Christmas to finding exactly what you were looking for. This was a wonderful holiday read. Made me laugh as well as sigh reading how Dex and Abby work through their holiday and find true love.
S.J.
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous Christmas story of two people who need each other but don't realise it
Gloria Gaisser-stramiello
Love a good Christmas story

I think there's a little of Abby in all of us and Christmas may not be our favorite but we just need someone like Dex to help bring it out.
Felicia
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What the Elf? By Kate Benson is a Holiday Romance that I listened to on audio narrated by Jillian Yetter. This is the first book of Kate's that I have listened to and it definitely won’t be my last. Jillian did a great job on the narration. I loved that she used different voices/tones for the characters. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves Holiday Romances or a Sweet Romance.

Christie72
Super sweet Christmas read that can be read/listened to at any time of the year!!!!

Yes, I know it’s May, but this was the perfect, uplifting read/listen during this strange time we are in now! Abby and her sister are twins and have been even more inseparable since losing their parents years ago. They go to Cringle Cove (LOVE the name of the little town) every year, even though Abby hates Christmas. Every year is the same, binge-watching slasher movies instead of Christmas ones. This year will be
Shayay
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Listened to the audio on Audible. Narrator did a good job with the performance. There are chapters from both Abby and Dex, so the narrator did a great job of doing both sections. I liked her normal narration voice the best. Recommend listening!

Super cute! Sweet Christmas romance between Abby and Dex. They have great chemistry! Abby and her twin lost their parents, so they only have each other. They go to college in different places, so they made a pack to get together during the holidays. So, th
Patty
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What the Elf?
By: Kate Benson
Narrated by: Jillian Yetter

I believe in Christmas all year long, so when I saw this, I got excited! A novella just long enough to keep the spirit alive and that is exactly what it does. Abby and her sister spend Christmas in Cringle Cove do hide from all the festivities since their parents died. When Abby stops in for coffee, she does not expect a present of sorts of her own. Dex loves Christmas, but this year it's a little agitated. His ex won't let him off the hook
Serenechaosnyc
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute holiday story. In fact, I giggled at the first line and throughout so if you're looking for a holiday story with really funny and sweet characters, this is a good book for you. I also love the hate-to-love Christmas type of stories. Dex is way too sweet- he agrees to continue to pretend to be still with his ex because it's so close to Christmas and she asked him to help her deal with her family. Abby hates Christmas and from their meeting, their playful banter shined. It is a shor ...more
Amanda
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the only book I've read by Kate Benson, as well as the only book I've read in the Cringle Cove series. It can be read as a stand alone.

I was about to call What the Elf a short, sweet story when I realized that while there are some sweet moments, there was also a lot of arguing, so sweet didn't feel like the right word. There were also some things that didn't entirely make sense or seemed to contradict each other (are two characters staying friends or never seeing each other again?), but
Mary Dean
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute Christmas romance. I loved it! It was a quick listen/read. I was instantly engrossed in Dex and Abby meeting, their friendship, and their interactions turning into more. I have to totally hand it to Dex. He is a better person than me. If I was him I would have told my selfish ex to deal with things on her own. He was too good for her. I am glad that he found Abby. She definitely was the perfect woman for him. I love a good holiday story where one person is not in the spirit and t ...more
Christi Fowler
Standalone: Yes
Part of a Series: No
Steam Level: Not very - just innuendo
5/5

What do you get when you cross and grinch with a santa? Comedic sparks that that keep you smiling and giggling throughout What the Elf? This book brings holiday cheer and humor and makes me want peppermint.

I received this audiobook for free from Audiobook Obsession. This is my honest and voluntary review.
Amy Mccann
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely Christmas time read it's wonderfully cute, from a girl who's very anti-christmas to meeting a guy and doing things she never ever dreamed she would do it also helps that Dex is hot!

I was gripped with their story I can't wit for more Cringle Cove residents.

Well done Kate Benson on such a fascinating read! I wanted a Christmas read and I got a great story from it!
Johanna
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2019
This is a new to me author and narrator.

The story was adorable, the narration was pretty much flawless despite one female doing both male and female perspectives.

Jillian Yetter’s Voice is cute and just a tad nasally but not in a bad way—just makes her stand out.

I quite enjoyed this story
Trudy Dowling
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a Christmas slump? Wanting to say "Bah Humbug" all day long? If this is you then you need to read What the Elf!!!! If Dex can save Christmas for Abby then he can help you as well.

If you find yourself in a holiday funk; pick up one if the books in this series and get you Ho Ho on.
Natalie
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-obssesion
This was a very short, fun flirty book.
The narration by Jillian Yetter was very well done.

#AudiobookObsession
🎧AudiobookReviewer
Mandy Sawyer
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This storyline is so cute. I really enjoyed the relationship these characters build. Likeable characters with great chemistry.
#audiobookobsessionreviewer
Rosa Ascenso
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story for the holidays. R. A

Great holiday read. It's a must MUST read. It's so cute and a fast read. Perfect for a lazy day book.
Crystal Gray
I love Cringle Cove and the coffee shop setting, I just had a hard time connecting to the Characters in this one, not sure why. It is still worth the read though!
Amanda
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute fun read. I liked that Abby was the grinchy character. She meets Dex in a coffee shop in her home town and they connect right away. It was predictable but fun and cute nonetheless.
Christine
Cathy Appel-Semanek
Dec 26, 2018
Christina
Dec 08, 2018

• Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • Exquisitely Broken (Sin City Tales #1)
  • Swinging Strike (Cessna U Wildcats #1)
  • Crushing on Kate (Red Maple Falls #2)
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Moments with Mason (Red Maple Falls #3)
  • F*cking Shattered
  • Hung up on Hadley (Red Maple Falls, #5)
  • Catching Cooper (Red Maple Falls #4)
  • Man Fast (Bergen Brothers, #1)
  • Scrooged
  • I Stand Before You (Judge Me Not, #1)
  • Never Doubt Me (Judge Me Not, #2)
  • Just Let Me Love You (Judge Me Not, #3)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Nice and Naughty (The Reverse Harem Diaries #4)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Inevitable Detour (Inevitability, #1)
Kate Benson was raised in Texas and currently resides in central Florida with her husband, their two dogs and two cats. She learned to read at the age of four and has been hooked ever since.
She credits her passion for literature to her mother, her love of story-telling to her father and her unwavering faith in happily-ever-after’s to her husband, Sean.
Some of her favorite things include rainy day

The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles (6 books)
  • Wrapped in Love
  • Unexpected Gift
  • Winter Games
  • Mistletoe Not Required (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles, #4)
  • Christmas on the Rocks