Start by marking “Remember Me” as Want to Read:

Published February 6th 2019 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Remember Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remember Me

Start your review of Remember Me
Pauline
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Remember Me by D.E. White is a thriller about a missing girl. Ava a police detective returns to her home town when she hears that her ex husband is dying and to reconnect with her son that she has not seen since he was a small child.
Not all of her old friends and acquaintances as happy about this because of an incident when they were young that resulted in one of their friends going missing.
Ava starts to receive cryptic messages and texts, and fears for her safety.
I enjoyed parts of this story
Selena
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free e-copy of Remember Me by D.E. White from NetGalley for my honest review.

Remember Me is a police procedural with an interesting plot and a lot of characters.

Fifteen years ago Ellen Smith vanished from the woods near her small Welsh village. Eight people were there the night she disappeared, but Ellen was never seen again. All those people there that night hold a terrible secret. What really happened to Ellen that night?

Ava was Ellen’s best friend. Now Ava, living in California
Linda Strong

There were 8 teenagers that night in the woods ... all were taking pills of some kind or another. There was laughing and flirting and maybe a little more. But something else happened that night ... Ellen Smith died. The remaining 7 made a pact to bury her body and never tell anyone.

That was 15 years ago. Today Detective Ava Cole is back in that Welsh village. She was Ellen's best friend and she's been riddled with guilt ever since then.

Most of the original gang of friends are there, as well. The
Mandy White
Remember Me by D E White was an interesting read, a book that I read quite quickly and enjoyed. There is a lot going on in this story, a lot of characters - all with their own secrets and lies.

This story is set in a small Welsh Village, where 15 years ago teenager Ellen disappeared without a trace. Her best friend Ava is returning to the village from her new home in LA where she is works with the LAPD. The reason for her coming back is that her ex-husband is dying of cancer and wants to see her
Lou
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Remember Me, the debut psychological thriller from D. E. White, certainly has the right title; I'll definitely remember it but for all the wrong reasons I'm afraid. The main issues were too many characters and too many different threads to the story that my way of relaxing turned into such a slog. I am not a fan of writing negative reviews and usually, there are redeeming features to help balance out my critique, but I am hard-pressed to find any here sadly.

The plot concepts were all sound and c
ABCme
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Thank you Netgalley and HQ Digital for the ARC.

A group of former highschool friends reunite years later when one of them is diagnosed terminally ill. The coming together digs up a long kept secret and pretty soon more people end up getting hurt.
Remember Me moves at a pleasant pace with nice enough characters. A heartwrenching story lies at the root of the mystery, but the book misses the thrill to make it an exciting read.
Julie (JuJu)
My thoughts:
This book started slow and didn’t pickup until about halfway through—then ended rather disappointingly. Unfortunately, I read several good books just before this one, which may be the reason for my low impression. It could also be that I just didn’t connect to this author’s writing style, since there are many good reviews.

I didn’t feel like there was anything that really made this book unique. It was an average suspense/thriller with too many unlikable characters, that I struggled t
Shalini
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story goes thus. Ellen disappeared 15 years ago from a tiny Welsh village, and now best friend and detective Ava is back to the same village. And the story rolls on with Ava investigating and getting to the bottom of the truth.

My first book by D. E. White, it took me time to get into the book. It is was slow and had too many characters. I put down the book a couple of times as I had to keep re-reading as keeping track of the characters was difficult. I was down with the flu and my brain just
Caitlyn Lynch
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, crime
Fifteen years ago, eight teenagers went into the woods outside their small Welsh village to drink, take a few pills and have a good time. Seven came out, carrying a terrible secret.

Fast forward to today and Ava Cole is living a good life; a detective with the LAPD, she returns to Aberdyth when she gets the news that her ex-husband is dying. But it seems the past is coming back to haunt her, beginning with a series of terrifying texts and building up to a chilling climax.

I was born in a small Wel
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook
3.5 Stars

I have a weak spot for a good psychological thriller and I was drawn to Remember Me as soon as I saw the cover and blurb. My first impression wasn’t wrong: this story without doubt delivered. Remember Me isn’t just another well written suspense story with an intriguing plot and a mystery to unravel though. The development of the characters in general is very realistic and they feel genuine. The writing style is very engaging and makes it really easy to enjoy this story, and the many man
Julie Parks
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I think the best way to sum up my thoughts is to say that it was gripping but not memorable. In the way that it was well-developed but not shocking enough for this kind of plot - this is, after all, a very popular scenario, in the tradition of Agatha Christie, where you are basically given all the suspects and only need to figure out their backstories to guess what happened.

But I liked it. I will look out for more from D.E. White.

Big thanks to NetGalley for the copy in exchange for my honest rev
Books 'n' All  Promotions
I have read the Ruby Baker series by Daisy White and loved it so I was looking forward to reading this new release. This is a psychological thriller and although I love all Crime Fiction Psychological Thrillers are my favourite.

As a teenager Ava was a little on the wild side. Along with her friends they experimented with drink, drugs and relationships. One day everything went wrong and Elle died. The gang covered up her death fearing there would be too many questions. It was just a tragic accide
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I’m already a huge fan of this author’s Ruby Baker series, which is written under the name Daisy White, so I jumped at the chance to read Remember Me.

Of late, I’ve been falling out of love with the whole psychological thriller thing but then Remember Me came along to remind me why I love this genre!

I really warmed to Ava, she’s strong, independent but she’s not perfect, making mistakes that she deeply regrets. As a teenager, suffering from post natal depression and stuck in a doomed relations
Ann-Marie
Jan 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I really hate not finishing a book. Even if it doesn't click with me, I will slog through to the end so I can give a complete review, but every now and then, I read one that I can't find anything nice to say about, and "Remember Me," is one of those.
Brief synopsis: Years ago, in Wales, Ava and her teenage friends drag too much, did drugs, as you do, apparently, in Wales. And one night, as always happens in these books, they went too far, and one of them ended up dead. Rather than reporting her
Kat
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A good mystery thriller about a missing girl that held my interest throughout. The book was well written and the characters interesting especially Ava Cole who has returned from her stint as a detective with the LAPD . A story of twists and turns That is fast paced and addictive making it a quick read and very enjoyable. I can recommend this if you enjoy mystery thrillers.
My thanks to NetGalley and HQ Digital for a chance to read the ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Julie
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Fabulous mystery which kept me entertained throughout. I did figure it out early on but was still enthralled and it kept me turning those pages right until the end. Loved it! #NetGalley
MRS A HARDY
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book

Excellent couldn't put this book down
I can not think of any further words to add other than a great read
booklover BEV
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
what a story Ava Cole returns back to Aberdyth from Los Angeles after getting word that her ex husband Paul is dying, its only a matter of time and her son Stephen needs her. its been fifteen years since she left after what happened to Ellen. going back means catching up with old friends and a lot has changed. this book i could not put down, it has so many twists and turns. "COFIWCH FI" Remember Me is a dark thriller, i got a lot of goosebumps and shivers while reading. i will definitely recomm ...more
Taryn Johnson
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is a thriller that was missing something to take It to the next level. It had it's moments of engagement and thrill, but midway I found myself a bit bored. The characters were developed well. I was invested in the main character Ava and genuinely wanted to solve the mystery at the end. Despite this I felt the story was repetitive and I just checked out for a good portion. This made the ending not entertaining or exciting. The big reveal was unexpected but it took so long for the "villa ...more
Gemma
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. It's about a detective named Ava who returns to her home town to see her dying ex. But they've been hiding a dark secret and someone knows. I liked Ava's character and the story is well written, full.of twists and surprises. Recommend to anyone who likes pyschological thrillers.
Anna
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

In a Welsh town 15 years ago Ellen Smith disappeared in the woods and has never been seen again. There had been 8 people in the woods that night and they are now all hiding a secret.

Detective Ava Cole had been Ellen's best friend and she's asking the same question that everyone else in the village has been asking for 15 years, what happened to her friend Ellen?

Ava has returned to the village becau
Yolanda
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a little slow at first but I enjoyed it overall.
I enjoyed the overall plot and setting.
The characters were flaws and believable.
Thanks for allowing me to read and review this book
Victoria Spicer-Stuart
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
*Thanks to NetGalley and HQ Digital for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.* I absolutely love reading thrillers and discovering the secrets they hold in their intricate plots. However, I did not love 'Remember Me'. I found that there were too many characters of whom to keep track and I did not feel emotionally invested enough in any of the characters' fates. Detective Ava Cole returns from the US to the Welsh village in which she grew up. The village holds secrets from the past ...more
Stefanie MagMag
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
***
I received this book from Netgalley in trade for an honest review. I will be honest...I chose it mainly for the cover art. It is gorgeous!

TBC......

Trying to finish this...it is an okay story, good twist finally happened...but the author's overuse of the word 'whilst' is driving me out of my EVER LOVING MIND. I am reading it on my Kindle so I started to keep track of how many...but after 42 I stopped. And that was only halfway through it.

I know this is a Netgalley arc so hopefully the publis
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
[Disclaimer: e-ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

I had really mixed thoughts on this thriller. While I really enjoyed the setting, I didn't find the mystery its self particularly engaging, and overall I found the story fairly predictable.

If you are looking for a thriller with a great setting the Welsh countryside, definitely check this one out.

Check out my BookTube channel for more bookish content.
Tracy
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i so enjoyed this book a very good psycalogical read ava comes back to her home town where she ran from her best friend ellen died. there where 8 people in the wood that night and all have things to hide this book is very gripping adictive and twisty. highley recomend
Bridget
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy White has delighted me with this clever and gripping contemporary psychological thriller. I haven’t read any other books by this author and so I had no real expectations other than the reviews I had seen and the very brief plot synopsis. I was not prepared for the exciting and intense roller-coaster read this book inflicted on me!

“Remember Me” was cleverly written, and so full of drama and suspense that it had my heart racing. I was absorbed in the story from the start.

The book is mostly
Nancy Ahyee
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
From the publisher: Fifteen years ago Ellen Smith vanished from the woods near her small Welsh village. Never to be seen again. Eight people were in the woods that night: eight splintered lives, eight people hiding a terrible secret. But who can remember the truth? Now, Ellen’s best friend, Detective Ava Cole is all grown up back in the village where it all began, and everyone is asking the same question. What really happened to Ellen?

Told as Ava's story in the third person, there were chapters
Diana Rose
D e White Published by HQ Digital /Harper Collins
pub date: 2/5/19
4 stars/ 5 ☆☆☆☆

The killer kept sending her texts , in Welsh..and the killer knew she had come home...

I hardly had to think to translate it: ‘Sut byddwch chi’n cofio fi, Ava Cole?’‘
How will you remember me, Ava Cole?’
Ava an LAPD detective , has secrets from her childhood that are coming to a surface, whoever killed her best friend Ellen is watching her movements, knows she has arrived to see her exhusband, who is dying of
Cheryl M-M
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the midst of this vicious game of murder, pain and self-gratification the author has incorporated an important aspect of women’s mental health as part of the plot. It is done in a way that ensures the reader has to wade through a bunch of twists and lies to perhaps recognise what it is. I actually think it was a smart move because in a real life scenario it is often mistaken for other issues or swept under the rug.

I am talking about the postpartum depression that turned Ava’s life upside down
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Someone You Know
  • Closer Than You Think
  • Dead Wrong (DC Maggie Jamieson #2)
  • Keep Him Close
  • Head Case (Tom Mondrian #1)
  • Tell the Truth
  • Good Girls Lie
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • The Bridesmaid Pact
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • State of Lies
  • The Dancing Girls (Detective Jo Fournier, #1)
  • The Quiet You Carry
  • Three Perfect Liars
  • The Couple on Cedar Close (Detective Dan Riley, #2)
  • Heartlands (Detective Jessie Blake #1)
  • The Empty Nest
Pseudonym for author Daisy White

Librarian's note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

News & Interviews