Start by marking “Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound Book 3)

Two Witches and a Whiskey

(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #3)

Three months ago, I landed a job as a bartender. But not at a bar—at a guild. Yeah, the magic kind.

I'm not a badass mage like my three smokin' hot best friends. I'm not a sorcerer or an alchemist, or even a wussy witch. I'm just a human, slinging drinks like a pro and keeping my non-magical nose out of mythic business. Seriously, I know my limits.

So why am I currently st
Published February 8th 2019 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Two Witches and a Whiskey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Witches and a Whiskey

✶Rachelle✶
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
5 stars

Me during the first 95% of the book:

Me at the last 5%:

THIS WAS SO GREAT
Hands down my favorite book of the series thus far. I am in love with all the characters ((view spoiler)), and I was so happy to get to spend some quality time with them. The wait till the next book in April is gonna be rough....

(view spoiler)
(view spoiler)
(view spoile
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the author.

Oh, this series delights me ever so much! I truly wish that it would never end. This series has it all! Scenes that will make you laugh out loud, high stakes, magic, a grip of handsome mythic men to drool over, and a heroine that has no superpowers but can still kick ass with the rest of them.

I am so glad that Annette Marie decided to go the route of episodic episodes for this series. While elements from each book crossover to the ne
Jacob
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First draft, get ready for some serious action.
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
I ate Annette Marie's latest book within two days.
I was over the moon excited to read Two Witches and a Whiskey early on because I have much curiosity and I hoped Annette Marie would give some insight???

Yeah, no, that didn't happen. It's safe to say that both Di from Book Reviews by Di and I have even more questions after devouring the third bo
mith
It is 4 AM so pardon my typos in this review but I just CANNOT with this book.

Annette Marie truly gets better with each and every book she writes. I am in love with Two Witches and a Whiskey and I am so, so impatient for the next one.

Let’s talk worldbuilding: this is something Marie excels at. This wild, supernatural world Tori’s found herself in grows with each new adventure. It not only furthers Tori’s involvement in the dangerous world, but also heightens all the stakes. And I just—I love i
Jessica
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want it now and not later. Okay, I finished reading this book on Friday night and i love it. It was so cool. Tori's life is fucking interesting as hell. This book is one of my favorites in the series so far. I felt that is needs to have many and many books to keep us within this world.

She needs to open up a bit more as well. The ending was great!!!! However, I will miss someone. You need to read it for yourselves to know who and why.
Di
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** I voluntarily read and reviewed a review copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

Well... I guess by now it's safe to say that whenever you read one of my reviews of anything by Annette Marie there will probably be plenty of gushing and fangirling... Because really. She just brings it out in me.

All of her books are incredibly entertaining, engaging and easy to read and The Guild Codex series is no different. Each instalment has been fast paced, compelling and just downright F
These books just getting better and better, i love the relationship Tori has with the boys but i especially love Ezra and Ghost.

This story was filled to the brim with fae as Tori and the gang try to save a sea lord from dark entrapment. The writing and world building is awesome and we dive headfirst into a world of guilds friendship and Magik.

A huge 5 stars, cant wait to see what Ezra is... i have an inkling... cant believe i have to wait till may to find out!!!!!
Nikki
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review and more on Read and Wander and my Bookstagram
I received this book for free from the author and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

My Thoughts

Gah, the Codex Guild makes me so happy. It is fun, fast paced and doesn't take its self too seriously. I absolutely adore every character in this series and appreciated getting more face time with a few. Like what is going on with Ezra? And ZAK!! The wait u
Abi
I was so excited for this addition to the series, and it just blew me away! It was funny and magical as ever, with Tori, Aaron, Ezra, Kai, and even Zak (I just fell in love with him in the last book, and was super excited to see him again) showing up, kicking ass, and taking names. It was fabulous! The plot was fast paced, action packed, and exciting. There were some harder moments, as we got some hints to everyone's pasts and a bunch of other stuff happened ((view spoiler) ...more
Penny Noble
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love jumping into a book in this series, and this latest addition, the third, was the best yet. Tori is still being hidden from the MPD, and now it looks like she might never be able to go back the Guild as it’s being investigated by two members of the MPD. I just felt so much for her as she was worried she’d lose her friends and boyfriend. However, we know that wouldn’t happen! Not only was the plot fun and engaging, we get to see things happen that needed to happen (hmmm, what could I m ...more
Cici
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TLDR review:
I’m in love with these books. I don’t think I have the words to fully describe how much these books just get me. They’re funny, light hearted when they need to be, serious when necessary and action packed. BEST BOOK SO FAR!

As always this review might contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

Pros:
- Absolutely everything! Literally everything was perfect. The pacing, the characters, the bonds that were formed... just everything.
- Tori feels like a real person. She has a lot of the
Anamika
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a complete package it has everything and was un-put-downable. I am thoroughly delighted and entertained as it keeps you on the edge of your seat for the entire journey and also leaves you longing for more. The characters are amazing, funny, sassy also HOT. The world building and character building is wonderful. And though each book is a complete new story without any cliff hangers you can see the overall big plot forming already which is even more exciting. Eagerly waiting for the next ...more
Denise Esh
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful installment in this series. So many twists and turns! I am blessed to be an ARC reader for Annette Marie, and I can tell you, I couldn't put this one down. I received it around 3:30 yesterday afternoon (while I was still at work, so I had to wait to get home to start reading), and did nothing but read once I got home. The story is compelling and I get so involved that I have to know what happens next, so everything else falls away while I find out. Can't wait to see what the ne ...more
Tara
Two Witches and a Whiskey is a fine installment in Annette Marie’s Guild Codex series. This one has an atypically slow start, but once the action begins, it’s fairly non-stop. The multi-book storyline is inched forward with entertaining reveals, but we are still left with more questions than answers at this point.
This is a light, fun series, and if you are interested in something with an episodic nature, check these books out.
Tammy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another adventurous journey of Tori. This one will reveal more of some character's past and peel another layer of Tori's insecurity. I have fun reading their story even there's no romance but I know Tori needs to grow out of her insecurity first. What else here? Oh, when Tori's wish comes true!!!!
Susan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t get enough!

I can’t get enough of this series! Tori, Ezra, Aaron, and Kai keep me coming back for more. And the addiction of Zak makes it so much better.
Soo
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Need to Review

Rating should be 3.5 but I may leave at 4.
Sara
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, THIS BOOK?! Gah epic! Action packed, fast paced, completely fresh and exhilarating storyline.
I cannot and have never faulted anything I’ve read by Annette Marie, I love every word she writes.

Eagerly awaiting the next!!

5 stars!
Lissa Hawley
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is fabulous.
I need more Zak.
Lola
I received a free copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed it

I've been enjoying this series so far and happily jumped into book 3. It's such a fun series and this book has a new adventure for Tori and her friends and continues some plot lines that progress throughout the book. We also get the meet the mysterious creature on the cover, who was a great addition. And Tori has a roommate to deal with. And I liked how both characters from book 1 and 2 all combined here.

Two Witches and a Whiskey
Lindsey (Lindsey Reads)
Did you know that Two Witches and a Whiskey is the FIFTEENTH Annette Marie book I have read? Did you know that this is the official record of most books I’ve read by one author?

Yeah, that’s already quite cool, BUT did you also know I have rated every single book 4-5 stars? This is legendary, people. This NEVER happens. That alone should tell you that you should definitely check out this author. And you know what else? I FREAKING LOVED Two Witches and a Whiskey too! And I know I rave about Annett
FV Angela
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at https://smexybooks.com/2019/02/angela...

Favorite Quote:

“You chose this, Tori. Choice is more powerful then fate.”

I’ve really enjoyed this series so far!

If you aren’t familiar with this series, Tori is an average, human woman who mistakenly walks into a bar one day while out looking for a job and somehow finds herself working for a guild full of magical beings. A world she never even knew existed. Over the last two books she has found her footing and formed a close fri
Lesley
4.0 to 4.5. These Guild Codex books are so hard to describe without giving away any spoilers (or sounding a little crazy), but I can say that if you liked the first two books, you will love Two Witches and a Whiskey!

Plot:
When two witches ask for help, Tori – who’s already under investigation by Magipol – and the guys find themselves involved with some new and dangerous mythics.

Characters:
Tori is still the same sassy, brave, and impulsive girl we’ve come to know and love, but Two Witches (espec
Poetic Puppy
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three books into the series, there’s really not much anyone can say to persuade you to continue reading. At this point you either love it, like it or loathe it. Me? I’m loving it. In fact, if I’d had access to book four, I’d of carried right on reading; sleep be damned. I always struggle with what to say after a few books, as by now, we all know how talented the author is, how great the characters are and that the story is beyond amazing. I loved the Steel and Stone series and never usually get ...more
Lita Acevedo
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sarah Leenart
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh so incredibly satisfying. When the first of this series was released I knew I would enjoy it (hey Annette Marie is a top favourite author) but I thought it would just fill time until I got more Ash, Lyre and Piper. Oh how wrong was I! This series is incredible and I hang onto every word. The lives of Tori, Aaron, Ezra, Kai and yes now Zak, have become something I need to follow. I am itching to know more and see what direction Tori's life will take her in.

Things come to a head in this book ov
Kitlina
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I have received an ARC of this book for an honest review!*

If you want to know how a person who stood up all night reading about mages and spells and hot guys with swords then you should take a look at my face.
I am literally bursting with things to write and can't write any because it would be spoilers.
OMG we have so many questions answered in this one.
Soooooo much happens with all our favorite characters and especially Tori.
I am seriously considering Ms. Annette Marie is a witch, no mere human
Evelyn
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, read-adult
Check out my Book Blog for more reviews :) http://cauldronreviews.tumblr.com/

I feel like a broken record but, I loved it! I’ve read all three books in the span of a week and i can’t get enough!

Tori is still as witty and brash as ever but we get to see more vulnerability from her. Once again her insecurities about being able to keep her job and her friends surfaces which leads to us learning more about Ezra when they have some one on one bonding time. We also get to learn more about Kai and his
Jumms
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Humdrum

So i wasn't as blown away this time but i still liked the plot and I am looking forward to the next book.

This picks up a little while after the last book. MPD is looking for our girl and like the last book she is feeling out of sort and her insecurities are getting the best of Tori.

What threw me off a bit is that Tori before was a mixture of kickass and vulnerable. She made you believe this could just be the secret magic life you stumbled upon. This time not so much. She was more insecur
Girls, Guns and G...: Guild Codex: Spellbound Series by Annette Marie 147 50 Feb 15, 2019 07:35AM
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Dark Demon Knights (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #4)
  • Queen Takes Triune (Their Vampire Queen, #6)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Disobedience (Bastan Hollow Saga, #2)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Plan B (Gemini Duet, #2)
  • Demon's Dance (Lizzie Grace, #4)
  • Penance (Imp World, #24)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Sin & Salvation (Demigods of San Francisco, #3)
  • Oaken (The Underground #1)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
  • Jane Unwrapped
  • Trap (Origin, #5)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, and romantic fantasy trilogy Red Winter. Her first love is fantasy, but fast-paced urban fantasy, bold heroines, and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has politely inquired as to whether she intends to incl ...more

The Guild Codex: Spellbound (4 books)
  • Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #1)
  • Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #2)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #4)