Start by marking “Just a California Girl (Betting on Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just a California Girl (Betting on Love, #1)

Just a California Girl (Betting on Love, #1)

Who knew I’d meet the love of my life on a girls night in Las Vegas? Definitely not me.

“Remember the moment we’re together when I’m your world and nothing else exists. I’ve never had that with anybody else and I’m willing to bet you haven’t either.”

Those heartfelt words that fell from his lips have taken residence in my head, crushing my soul since
ebook
Published November 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Just a California Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a California Girl

Start your review of Just a California Girl (Betting on Love, #1)
Raynell
Everything happens for a reason I needed to open my eyes to see Bad timing is what saved me Showed me what you mean to me.

Just A California Girl: Betting On Love is an exceptionally written story with the right elements that will take you to the cusp of finding your kindred soul and have life's mistaken circumstances taken away from you.
The setting of the novel is Las Vegas early 90’s Jess and Jackie should perhaps be supervised or not granted access in the State of Nevada or just m
Laurel Nilsen
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just a California Girl is book one of the Betting on Love series. It all starts with a wild girls weekend in Vegas and a fake British accent and some serious hot sex, but at the end of the weekend Jackie agrees to meet up with Danny again and has to keep the lie going. When the truth finally comes out and Jackie thinks that Danny will end it he has a surprise of his own. This book ends with a HEA for now and leaves you wanting more.
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

I am LOVING this new Betting On Love series by Naomi Springthorp so far! Just a California Girl was flirty, sexy, will-bring-a-smile-to-your-face-in-just-2.0 seconds and wickedly entertaining! Readers will really like Jackie and Danny. These two have sparks galore and amazing chemistry. The banter between them is crazy fun and delightful. I loved watching the story unfold and I got absolutely lost in it. I didn't want to come out of it!

This new Bett
Sheila'S Book Corner
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jackie is Just A California Girl. A fake British accent that is just a little white lie and what starts out as a fun fling a on wild girls weekend in Vegas very quickly starts to feel like a whole lot more.

“Remember the moment we’re together when I’m your world and nothing else exists.”

A club DJ pairs Danny and Jackie up and soon real sparks begin to fly! This story is Hot Hot Hot! I will never think of a tiger in the same way again!

“More important than my shirt, you’re stealing a piece of my
Julia Gerard
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jackie and her Bff head to Vegas for a girls weekend As part of an assignment the planned to practice their British speaking skills! Jackie meets Danny, and they really hit it off! But what happens Vegas stays in Vegas right? Or maybe not so much! The story set n the 90's, is a fabulous flash back to my time in Cali, making that trip to Vegas, without the same results! Though we did stop in Baker, for fuel and water! This relationship took dedication and a pager lol. Cell phone weren't really pr ...more
Ashley Wright
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book?Lots I can say lots.....

Like usual this author had me laughing, crying, craving more. It was hot, steamy, sexy and so well written. The main female character Jackie pretends she has a british accent while on vacation in Vegas with her bff. It only becomes a problem when she meets and falls for Danny. She continues to let him believe she is British as they fall more and more in love. Will he find out shes lying? Will she have to let him go? Will love con
Diana M Sowada
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want a walk down memory lane via sound track? Need a new book boyfriend who is absolutely perfect? Fun times in Vegas Baby? Then This is definitely the book for you!! Took me a bit longer to read as I found my self reminiscing to the songs scattered throughout the story and wondering why my love life wasn’t as wild and carefree....Oh yeah.... anyway, lies never work out well now do they, or do they? Neither do long distance love affairs. Right? Danny is every girls dream but will the British acc ...more
Devon Nasser
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about hot, hot, hot. I've been to Vegas five times and can honestly say this book reminded me of the sizzling hot times I had while there. I think I need to plan a trip soon ☺. Naomi Springthorp has a way of making you, the reader feel what's going on in the book which I can't get enough of. I loved Jack's and Danny and am definitely craving more. This is a book you won't want to put down. Definitely a must read.
Carolyn
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Read

We follow the adventures of Jackie as she meets and falls for Danny. But Danny thinks Jackie is a British girl since she was speaking with a British accent when they met due to a college professor’s assignment. She keeps up the accent and believes nothing can come of the relationship because it’s based on a lie. It’s got lots of hot steamy scenes and a fantastic playlist.
Kristie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this one and I can tell you - from the moment I got it - I could NOT put it down! A little white lie and a hot body boy make the recipe for a rom-com delight. I adore Naomi and even though this wasn't one of her sports romances I loved it all the same if not more! What starts out as a fling in Vegas quickly turns into a moment (and relationship) where one can pretend nothing else exists. I'm so glad this is only #1 in the series because I cannot wait to read MORE!!
Michelle
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was honored to beta read this for Naomi. I can't tell you how in LOVE with Danny and his tiger I am.

Dating in the 90's was HARD. I can't even imagine what finding your love in city and state where you are not. With today's technology it's hard to remember what having a pager was like. The cryptic messages (143=I love you).

Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)

-4 Stars-

My full review:

Shannanaghans
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This starts out looking like a cute little rom-com adventures set in 90s Vegas. But it gets hot fast and things get out of hand for Danny and Jackie.

This is a fun book, you’ll fall in love with the characters and quickly become invested in the drive from LA to Vegas. Be ready to shed some tears in the name of love! I can’t wait for book 2.
Angie Petray
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! The time period brought back memories of younger years and fun times. Sweet, sexy, angsty, and overall wonderful read. I did cuss a little at tye ending until I realized we were getting more. Can't wait for the next book.
Sheryl White
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm always craving the next word.

Jack's & Danny are a beautiful romance! An awesome stand up guy with a girl that's made what she thinks is a grave mistake... Truly worth the read!
Devon Nasser
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a hot great read. I can't wait for the next book. I'm actually craving the next book and you will too once you read this.
Pat Labrie
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely phenomenal. This is the first book I have read by Naomi and it will not be my last. This story is hot and steamy and has twist you won't expect
Samantha Richardson Hankins
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book!! Naomi has done it again. She has a way of roping me into a book where I just cant put it down until I finish it!!

Just A California Girl is so amazing! The story and chemistry between Jackie and Danny is wonderful. There were twists and turns in this book i couldn't have imagined and that only made for better reading
stephanie
Kimberly S. Castaneda
is currently reading it
Dec 27, 2018

• Already Home
  • Capture (Elements of Chemistry, #3; Hypothesis, #1.3)
  • Shafted (Up Myth Creek Romance, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • The Curve Ball (Big Girls And Bad Boys, #1)
  • Sterling Silver, PI
  • A Novel Experience (Love Between the Pages #0.5)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Talking with the Dead
  • Attraction (Elements of Chemistry, #1; Hypothesis, #1.1)
  • Becoming his Mistress (Zanetti Famiglia #2)
  • On A Whim (A Novella)
  • Unconventional (Indulgence, #1)
  • Girl Trade
  • Dreamed It (Dreamwalker, #6)
  • Bewitching the Beast
  • One Moment In Time (A Family of Worth Book 2)
  • Meltdown: The Complete Boxed Series