Start by marking “Death's Kiss” as Want to Read:
Death's Kiss

Death's Kiss

Life is valuable. Death is a necessity. In Yliria, this is not a contradiction.New Year’s Eve 2054. A virus, later named the BlackJack, struck and killed 3/4 of the world’s population. Only those who were 21 and younger were not infected. Treaties broke off. Countries severed connection to the outside world. And the country of Yliria built its own invisible walls.Thirty-ei ...more
Published November 2018 by 9781731153524

To ask other readers questions about Death's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death's Kiss

Start your review of Death's Kiss
Inkish Kingdoms
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regie creates a new dystopian tale where life is a gamble, where premeditated murder means survival, and where love is over-rated and the cause of our dismal doom. In a compilation, of prefabricated characters that will drive you mad and cliché-ish twists that will make you wonder which side are you on, Regie asks the question of what you would do to save those you love?

Full review: https://inkishkingdoms.wordpress.com/...
Stefanie Rls
– ‘The Magic Of Wor(l)ds’ blog (https://themagicofworlds.wordpress.com/) is a hobby, reviews and other bookish stuff on this site are done for free.
I’m grateful of receiving a free copy from the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review of this book. –

‘Death’s Kiss’ is Regie Khemvisays debut and that’s hard to believe.
I mean for an Indie author she made up one hell of a plot with lots of twists and turns that just click like one beautiful puzzle.
Yeah it’s dystopian, and there are so many
Mrs. Y
For today’s review my friends, I’m going to ask that you suspend all beliefs on everyday literary classics. Today is about a romance that is akin to the love between Hinata and Naruto, or perhaps InuYasha and Kagome. I love naive but close, almost but there, detailed world-building and an intriguing story. This is a love story that encourages binge-watching episodes of “Trigun” after reading it. What book could be so manga-licious that it would be this epic? Oh, I’ll tell you all about it. Get y ...more
Victoria E. Keen
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Death's Kiss' is set in a dystopian future and follows the lives of two lovers who fall deep into a rabbit hole of twists, turns, and betrayal.... It's all about being dealt a good hand in this virus-ravaged world.

The story kept me reading, the chapters seem to be just the right length to justify the "just one more!" excuse, and I really felt that it had enough plot twists to keep me guessing as to what would occur next.
It seems as though the author has used some of her own life experiences whi
Sarah Creeley
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The world has to start over after a virus wipes out anyone over the age of 21. Yliria implements the Joker system as their form of politics. Not everything is as it seems, though.

This is a great science fiction story with fabulous characters. I loved the plot twists that made this book extra unique. I wasn't quite sure who was good and who was bad; that made the book even more exciting. It's a page turner that you definitely won't regret reading!
Emily Quinn
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A brilliant story combining a mix of genres into one. A really solid plot, an incredibly well crafted set of characters and an unexpected ending! I'm definitely eager to read more of Regie's work - such a talented author.
For a more in-depth review, see my latest blog post: https://aquintillionwords.com/2019/03...
Justin Gladstone
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very unique story! I enjoyed many moments of it as it was laced with very interesting and original characters all around.

See my full review here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeEhF...
Grace
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story of love and scarifice
allieereads
3.5 stars out of 5

review originally posted on my blog / allieereads.com

This is the rule of survival: you figure out who and what you’re up against, and then you fight.

Death’s Kiss is the debut novel of Regie Khemvisay which tells the story of a young girl, named Yuri James, and a young boy, Ryoma Evans; two star-crossed lovers who find themselves knee-deep in the machinations of their government.

Death’s Kiss is a dystopian young adult novel set in the country Yliria, in 2093. Yliria is still a
KarenJo Custodio
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded to 5 here cause it won't let me do half ratings.

Death’s Kiss by Regie Khemvisay is so satisfylingly twisted, unpredictable and entertaining. It kept me reading late into the night, had me holding my breath at times, and definitely made me uneasy and emotional. It has a few weak spots, but the story as a whole is absolutely fascinating, suspenseful, and riveting.

In a world ravaged by a virus that wiped out 3/4 of the world’s population, every life is valuable. But, in order to save t
Danielle
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an intense novel! From the first chapter to the last, Khemvisay weaves a story of love, survival, and rebellion that is sure to keep all readers on their toes.

Yuri and Ryoma think that they have all their lives to be together, but all that changes when they’re seized by the government and thrust into a world of conspiracies and danger. Immediately subjected to a mysterious surgery and sent to a government facility, the two are kept apart - and warned to stay away from each other for good. T
M. Inks
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: dystopian readers, romance readers
Recommended to M. by: Booktasters
Shelves: booktasters
The story of a seemingly balanced society has been corrupted by the system, which four young adults seek to free the people from. Going against the government, Ryoma and Yuri hope to protect their love country from the corrupted system. Lies are revealed with one truth after the other. What began as a story to fight for love turns into the ultimate struggle for their loved ones and the country of Yliria. The story is slower paced with the heart of the high-stakes action in the center and taperin ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
A deadly virus, called Blackjack, swept across the world taking almost everyone over the age of 20 with it. Death’s Kiss tells the story of how one country Yliria walled itself over after the awake of the virus.

Death’s Kiss follows two characters Yuri and then there is Ryoma Yuri’s one true love. Yuri and Ryoma wake from a coma to find their lives in total disarray. They learn that a long time ago their parents committed treason and now they must be the ones to pay the price for what their pare
Priyadarshni Palanikumar
Simple points first - publishing, cover and layout. I can safely say that all three points clicked right with my editing obsession. Language was perfect, cover design and chapter break-up were perfect. Always a sucker for (view spoiler) romances, especially while they are narrated in alternating POVs, I loved the layout!

Book Summary

When Yuri and Ryoma are captured for crimes they didn't commit, they struggle to unite the reality they have known for years with the
Danielle Urban
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Death's Kiss by Regie Khemvisay is a new dystopian/science fiction fantasy novel. I enjoyed the dark edgy vibe that Regie Khemvisay brought to her book. It at first gave the impression of a Juliet and Romeo kind of romance but with a dystopian sci-fi twist. You have to young lovers who are being punished by their parents. Similar to the Romeo & Juliet story line. I loved it.

However, the names had me scratching my head a bit. Because at first, I was like are these two girls in love? The cover sh
Ashley Nicole
First off, let me say I enjoyed this book and finished in 2 days. It is a real page turner with it's numerous twists and surprises and cliff hanger chapter endings. The storyline with the cards and their suits, etc was so fascinating. I loved the four main characters. I kind of wish Sam and Chrys were given POVs for us to learn more about them through them, but the dual POV with Ryoma and Yuri worked well since this is partially a love story for them. My only complaint is in the beginning we are ...more
Moisa Wroy
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I wasn't in love with this dystopian, just because I read many many of them, but this novel is pretty good for the average reader. The novel is jumpy at times, especially the beginning, but I did like that the first few chapters revealed and also hid its own secrets, because it kept me reading. The reason I ended up rating it at a 3.25 is just that Yui wasn't my favorite person ever at first, but I loved Ryoma EVEN with all of his cringyness and the trope that his storyline started out as. Also, ...more
Mark Schultz
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was totally surprised by this book. I thought it was yet one more dystopian romance for the Young Adults (YA) category. It is that and so much more. The various plot twists quickly revealed to me that I was going to be kept on my toes for the entire ride. I really enjoyed this ride!
The author has some well developed characters in this story and the changes they go through can be quite startling. I promise no spoilers, but it is tougher than normal not to talk about many of the exciting moment
Shauna
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the world Regie brought me into in Death’s Kiss. At the heart of this novel is a love story that runs over 53 chapters and traverses a myriad of time-zones, plots, subplots and challenges that our heroes Ryoma, Yuri, Chrystian and Samantha face in a future country called Yliria. It’s told through the eyes of Ryoma and Yuri, a dual-narrative which worked well, allowing us to get to know the characters deeply. This is a fast-paced narrative with lots of twisty sub-plots which are, ...more
Britny
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very happy I had the opportunity to read this book. After reading reviews on the book I was surprised when I actually read it only bc of how juvenile it felt. To me it feels almost like fan fiction at the very beginning. What sets it apart though, is the attention to details the author showed. The story and the world were complete concepts and they made a lot of sense. I really enjoyed it too because I’m a sucker for anything Japanese and the name choices got my attention from the start. It was ...more
Vikkie
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I’m a little lost for words.
This is an intense read but I have really enjoyed it. This has gripped me from the beginning and I have found it hard to put down.
The varied plots throughout this book have kept me on the edge of my seat and I have utterly enjoyed getting lost in the story.
I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I have enjoyed this book and it is a pleasure to give this a five star rating.
The book is exciting, gripping and engaging from the very beginning. I have found the w
Auburn
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anime meets Romeo and Juliet. A love story behind an evil corporation.
The premise of this story revolves around a kiss that kills. That kiss contains a disease that killed most of the population years ago. The two main characters are turned into killers against their will and intend to take down the corporation in order to be together.
While I enjoyed the premise, story, and characters the writing seemed a bit drawn out. A lot of the information wasn't necessary.
Payton
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5. Interesting dystopian novel with two star-crossed lovers fighting to take back their lives from their government. Overall, enjoyable but drawn out with overlap of the same scenes from different character POV. A little jumpy at times, but well thought out with interesting turns. Thank you Booktasters for the opportunity to read this book!
Maria Ashen
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is filled with love, and passion. A story of a couple, split by fate. Forced to fight within a system they can’t escape. And as Aces Soldiers, they are trained to fulfill their target, at all cost. An good planned out book, with a lot of things going on. So, if you like Dystopian/Sci-fi this read is definitely for you.
Caitlyn Castro
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new dystopian tale that is worth reading. I love the book and how it made me realize that every path we take and choose is like a gamble, we either lose or win.
Ashley Nicole
Sep 09, 2020
Regie Khemvisay
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shauna

• Unbalanced
  • The Holiday
  • Haunting You
  • The Promise
  • Wild Thing (The Leeth Dossier, #1)
  • The Dilemma
  • Three Halves of a Whole
  • A Dangerous Legacy (Empire State, #1)
  • Between the Walls of Night: The Gräzland Tales: Book 1 (Histories of the Vale)
  • The Gloaming
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • Coffee Shop Sessions II: Moving Mountains One by One
  • King Of Flames (The Masks of Under #1)
  • The Exorcism of Little Billy Wagner
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)