Start by marking “Flirting with First” as Want to Read:
Flirting with First

Flirting with First

(Belltown Six Pack #5)

Welcome to Belltown!

FLIRTING WITH FIRST is Ryker's story.

Six baseball players meet in the college town of Belltown, Massachusetts, becoming best friends, their lives intertwining as they each get called up to the Major Leagues. Follow Sawyer, Cole, Axel, David, Ryker, and Levi in these six swoony sports romances.

More Belltown Six Pack Romances:
Hitching the Pitcher
Falling f
Published June 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with First

Mara
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryker Stone aka Rabbit because he's one of the fastest runners in the league, and he's super lucky. He may be unbelievably fast on the baseball diamond, but not when it comes to love. He's interested in actress Trista McKinney, who he met a few months ago thanks to his friend Cole (another of the Belltown Sixpack), but he's not sure she's interested in him. Oh, Trista's interested alright, but Ryker keeps putting her in the friendzone. What's a girl have to do to get to first base with the first ...more
Melissa
This was a nice little addition to the bell town six pack. These are fun, sweet stories about the 6 baseball players who are falling in love. This one was hard to get into, they just were so awkward at the beginning. It ended well and had some nice moments. I liked that this one was less about baseball and really focused on the love story.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Yay! Another Belltown Six Pack story! I'm SO loving this series!! I love the blue on white theme with this book cover- it's so attractive to me. Like Ryker. 😍 I read this book right on the heels of Snatching the Catcher and Grizz who I think is still MY number one favorite but Ryker might hold a close second. A VERY close second.

Ryker is cautious when it comes to Trista because of her profession and the media exposure she frequently receives but Trista is all in and has been since she f
Katie W
This is a fantastic series! I have loved getting to know each member of the Belltown Six Pack better and this was Rabbit's story. He's really fast and really lucky, on and off the field, but a last minute date with up-and-coming actress, Trista, puts him in a whole new league. These two each have high profile careers, which makes for some drama, but the heart knows the truth.

I thought this author did a great job of portraying the demands of a pro athlete's career, as well as a Hollywood actress'
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, reviewed, kindle
It was so fun to see the continuation of a meeting that happened between two people in one of the previous Belltown books! Ryker fills in for Cole when he decides to ditch the famous actress his agent set him up with, and Ryker's friendship with Trista moves to the next level in this book. It was interesting to see Trista's insecurities and secret passion for math that makes acting and modeling just another job for her. Ryker is a good friend to her, but he's trying to play it cool so that she'l ...more
Joan
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trista and Ryker, swoon!

I loved their honesty and trust. Ryker didn’t go crazy about Trista’s costars. He was vulnerable but had faith in Trista’s loyalty. Reading as their love grew and deepened was amazing. There weren’t any crazy misunderstandings. Instead they dealt with realistic issues. They didn’t let their insecurities derail their love for each other. A love story full of understanding, trust, and love. What more could you want? Oh! And chemistry. Plenty of chemistry!
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, it might easily be my favorite of the series. Rabbit is getting his romance in a spin off from Cole's book, in which Ryker had a date with a movie star, and now Ryker and Trista are getting a shot at their own relationship. I loved how complex they both were about their careers and how it affected their relationship. I liked that she loved math and that he worried about his luck. If we don't get a big epilogue ending after the last book in which all the couples have continued ...more
Corey
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was fun, as I’ve come to expect from this series. I look forward to and dread, in equal measure, the final book. I’m excited to read the last one and not excited for the series to end. I’ve loved the six pack characters.
Cathy
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These Belltown Six Pack books are some of my very favorites! I love the way they’re written by different authors, but they all feature the same characters and town. That just makes it fun. I’m going to be sad to see this series end for sure.

This one features Ryker and Trista. I loved that because in Cole’s story, he was supposed to hang out with Trista as kind of a promotional thing. But he had someone else he cared for. Seeing Ryker and Trista’s story was just awesome for me!

I really liked Tris
Donna Campbell
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great one in the baseball series. The characters are really fun and the romance sweet and clean.
Susan K
Romance, clean; series, but stand alone read
Gorgeous fun read!! Ryker and Trista's fall was a gorgeous, fun read! If any criticism, it is that I just wanted more! More with Bree, more with Ryker and Trista, just more, more, more! So sad to leave their world. I think what I enjoyed about this book were the interactions. You could really 'feel' the feelings, the attraction, the chemistry with these two, even in the beginning when they were dancing around each other, and hoping for more. The small
Kathy
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really love the Belltown Six Pack series. I love the 6 men and their quirky personalities. I love their families and the women they fall in love with. I loved Ryker Stone and his dedication, commitment, and his quirky quotes on first. I really liked Trista and her need to find a place to belong. DELIGHTFUL!
Lisa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Flirting with First is a fun sports romance, even if you're not into baseball. Ryker and Trista are both accomplished in their fields. He's a MLB player, and she's an actress. Neither feels worthy of the other, and consequently, are insecure in the relationship. Their careers place additional strain on the relationship, everything from not being in the same area to kissing scenes in the movies that Trista is working on. I enjoyed reading how they worked through all of the challenges. I love the ...more
Lara
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful Belltown Six Pack Book! These characters were great! They had real depth, insecurities, and strengths. I loved their chemistry and sweet romance. I also always love that other members of the Six Pack are part of each book. If you like clean romance with a great ending you’ll love this book!

I received a complimentary copy of the book. All opinions are my own and are expressed voluntarily.
Jessie
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was really cute! Ryker Stone and Hollywood starlet, Trista McKenny meet when Ryker's friend has to cancel on a date with Trista. They become friends, but both aren't sure what kind of relationship they have, if they can bridge the gap and be more than friends or not. I expected Trista to be high-maintenance, but she was down to earth, a little insecure, and a nerd in a model's body. I loved her obsession with math and numbers, and how she could let her true self show with Ryker.

They
Lorieah
...so I really, really wanted to love this book, and it kills me that I didn't. My favorite parts were still the interaction between the guys. But I had to take a star off for a lot of proofing misses (I'm almost wondering if I was sent the wrong copy?), and another for feeling like it was too much like Cole's story (the whole the-publicist-gets-to-run-my-private-life thing). I also struggled with feeling invested in Ryker and Trista as a couple, when they spent so little time together — especia ...more
Karen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is part of a 6 pack of books written by three amazing authors. This is the third I have read in the series but the 5th to be released. I have enjoyed all of them. This is the story of Ryker aka “Rabbit” so named for his incredible speed. Trista was briefly introduced in Falling for Centerfield when Cole was asked to be Trista’s date at a red carpet event. Cole has to bail on Trista so he called up Ryker and got Ryker to take his place as Trista’s date. Ryker and Trista hit it off when Trist ...more
Adrienne
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Ryker has been interested in Trista ever since he met her, but he thinks if he lets her know his true feelings, she'll lose interest in him. So he's moving super slowly, making Trista, who really likes him in return, think she's stuck in the friend zone. When they do start to make their feelings clear, their professional lives complicate having a relationship--Ryker's busy with his baseball career and as an actress, Trista has to be on location and deal with weird publicity stunts, like her late ...more
vicki zimmerman
Jun 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Clearly not what I was looking for

The first chapter was a boring start. But, I suppose, you gotta start somewhere. But, a little something to have grabbed my interest would have been nice.
By the second chapter, when ‘armpits’ have came up twice, so far, I can safely say, this is not the kind of ‘romance’ I was looking for.
I read no further. I deleted it from my kindle, and needless to say, will not be recommending this one to anybody. Ever.
Janene M Petersen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will not summarize this story because it is already given in the description of this book. The purpose of this review is to give potential readers information to make an informed decision about reading this story.

What I liked:
• The baseball theme to the story.
• The personalities of Trista, Ryker and the supporting characters were well developed and likeable.
• The romance between Trista and Ryker was believable.
• The pacing was good.
• The descriptions of locations and emotions were well done an
Julie Carpenter
Go BellTownSixPack!!!!! Y'all, I've been loving this series. I've finished all 6 of the books and am a little sad that I've read them all. But the good news is that I can go back and read them again. And let me tell you that Ryker's story is one I want to reread. I picked it up and devoured it in one reading! It also helped that I was in the mountains and had some quiet time to myself while reading.

Trista is a movie star and a model. We met her in a previous book as a background character. I di
Dawn Pearson
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Ryker Stone has a reputation for being lucky. But, when he meets Trista McKinney, a famous actress, his confidence begins to slip. He begins to wonder if his luck is based on his skills or his special rock.

Trista just wants someone to see her for who she is and not her beauty or something that she has no control over. So, when Ryker starts to fill those shoes, she has to figure out a way to not mess things up - which gets difficult when her costar tries to generate media attention between the t
Ilene Boyd
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although this is book #5 in the series, it is the first one I have read. It is a stand alone book. I am anxious to read the others. I loved the baseball theme. Ryker, one of the main characters plays first base with a professional team. His teammates from college baseball play with other teams. I enjoyed the positive and loyal interaction the players have with each other.
Trista, the female main character is an actress. She has liked Ryker since the first time they met and is unsure how he feels
Ballet in AK
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Flirting With First by Sophia Summers
(3.5 stars)

This installment of the Belltown Six series stars lucky first baseman Ryker (aka Rabbit) and Trista, a loner, math-loving movie star.

The beginning was my favorite part. It is sweet how they meet and how she wants to move past the friend zone and how he is kind of clueless about the vibes he’s giving off. Luckily, his teenage sister and Belltown buddies are there to coach him.

I don’t think it’s much of a spoiler to say that they do move past the fr
Bonnie
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly enjoyable, clean love story about Trista, an actress, and Ryker, a pro baseball player. Upon meeting, they had immediate chemistry, in spite of their shared uncertainty. I really appreciated their attraction and their candor. The only issue I had with this book was how Trista sometimes seemed naive, and then other times she seemed worldly. By some of her actions, I had to wonder how old she was. All in all, I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from Ms. Summe ...more
Becky
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great addition to this series. I have to say I am more of a football fan, but am learning to love baseball from these books. This is a great story of love and endurance. Ryker and Trista had to fight to win and be together. It is a good example for everyone to fight for what we love, even when it gets hard! They were able to hold on to the good times and that made the hard times easier to endure.
I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my o
Luci Jamison
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this fifth book of the Belltown sixPack! It is a great stand alone book as well but it adds something for me as I have read all the books thus far.
I really liked how both characters were gifted and talented in their own right. That they both loved what they did and excelled in it. But it was cute to see both of them had insecurities as well that were there to be faced and when faced they were stronger for it.
I also liked how Trista and Ryker found that they needed more than fame
Misty Goan
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun clean sweet standalone romance that is a great addition to the Belltown Six Pack series. The descriptions and emotions described made it easy to feel everything as its being told from alternating points of views.  This well written smooth flowing storyline is a sweet romance with insecurities, trust, love and amazing chemistry. The characters were well developed and interesting and also included cameos from other belltown six characters.  Aenjoyed the HEA just would of liked an epilogue. I ...more
Teresa Bertolio
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these wonderful stories about baseball romances:) The authors really helped you fall in love with their characters and I found myself routing for the characters to fall in love and get their happily ever after:) Each story is a stand alone story. These stories are fast paced, so you can read just one story at a time, or read the entire collection in one setting. It is a great beach or summer read. I highly recommend this book set and authors! Happy Reading!
Pennie
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story of Trista and Ryker is a different perspective on the lives of rich and famous people. While they struggle to juggle their very public jobs and their private lives they are both somehow able to keep a clear perspective. When another actor makes a very public play for Trysta, Ryker listens to her side and doesn't let jealousy take over. Trysta doesn't wast any time making her preference publicly known. This was a very fun read.
Sophia Summers is an award winning author who just wants to relax a little and enjoy a great beach read. She lives in a quiet southern town brimming with an extra dose of hospitality and a whole lot of charm.

She writes historical romance under a different name. The Billionaire Royals is her first contemporary romance series.

Belltown Six Pack (6 books)
  • Hitching the Pitcher
  • Falling for Centerfield (A Belltown Six Pack Novel)
  • Charming the Shortstop (Belltown Six Pack #3)
  • Snatching the Catcher
  • Kissing on Third (Belltown Six Pack #6)