Start by marking “Merlin's Shakespeare (Merlin's Shakespeare #1)” as Want to Read:
Merlin's Shakespeare (Merlin's Shakespeare #1)

Merlin's Shakespeare

(The Merlin's Shakespeare #1)

How can a high school girl deal with a megalomaniac? What would you do if Richard III manipulated your thoughts and took you places you didn’t want to go? Would that be any easier to take if you had a chance to meet Romeo and Juliet and Mercutio?
~
Beth has magical powers, but will she learn how to use them in time? The immortal wizard Merlin transports high school actor B
Published November 10th 2018 by Hermione Books

To ask other readers questions about Merlin's Shakespeare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merlin's Shakespeare

Rini Elizabeth Varghese
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
📚 BOOK REVIEW
Merlin's Shakespeare by Carol Ann Douglas.
Thankyou @netgalley for this review copy.

Merlin's Shakespeare is a funny story with main character as Beth. She is a teenager and interested in Drama acting. She loves Shakespeare and she acts in Shakespeare's plays mostly. One day accidentally one of her words felt wrong and it made some uncommon things happened to her friends. And thus she realised she has some magical powers but powers can only be used in Shakespeare related places. ✏
Me
Denice Langley
A unique story line with a well known backstory in Shakespeare and King Arthur. The execution of the story did not quite read smooth. Carol Anne Douglas took a risk tying in so many different time periods and characters. It did not quite pay off. While the story is interesting and has some great parts, it seemed to stutter in places and took some work to read. My reading time is an escape for me to see into another world, not a time to concentrate on where the story stops and starts. I would rea ...more
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Merlin's Shakespeare sounded like something right up my alley. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into it. Beth as the main character is obsessed with Shakespeare's work and of lately also has some magical powers after a rather wonderful production of A Midsummer's Night Dream. She is then cornered by Merlin who asks her to travel back in order to track down a lost play.

Like I said, these are all things I like. I like time travel, I like Sh
Jolie
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
When I was in high school, I was a huge Shakespeare nerd. I read and reread his plays. I watched everything and anything that even mentioned Shakespeare. My enjoyment of his work hasn’t faded as I have gotten older. I am also a massive fan of Canterlot. So when I read the blurb and saw that Merlin’s Shakespeare contained both, I knew that I had to read this book.

I felt divided about this book. I loved that the author was able to bring Shakespeare, Oberon, Titiana, Richard III, Lady Macbeth, Merc
LaBibliodeCaro
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
The starting idea of time travel combined with famous characters from Shakespeare’s renowned plays was quite enticing and original. Unfortunately, it took me a long time to get into the story, and I never really managed to connect with it. From the start, the numerous protagonists make it hard to follow the storyline, and I didn’t find the main characters endearing enough to care about them. I found Beth a bit bland and Merlin too aloof. However, the highlight of this book is that it allows a yo ...more
Kendra
Feb 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that seems to have been written by a very young child, one who dislikes logic, thinks they're extra clever when they're not, and hasn't had enough experience writing to understand how to write well. If it was written by a child, that child's parents or guardians should not have allowed it to be published, because it will embarrass the child to no end when that child is even a little bit older. If it was written by an adult, then it still shouldn't have been published, because it's ...more
Acgisme
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was terrible. The writing style was very juvenile, and there was very little syntax variation. The story was interesting, though the weak character development stopped me from getting invested. The character that was best developed was the Beth, which was good. Yet Merlin and Beth’s teacher were very one dimensional, and extraordinarily boring.

I was also not a fan of the “diversity” in the book. The one Indian character was nothing more than a stereotype, and the quick mentions of “di
Susan Graves
This storyline is such a cute concept and I love this idea. The story overall felt smooth but at time the writing felt rushed. This story has the potential to be really great I would just like to see it changed just a little bit.
Bokil
Pamela Miller

• Witch and Wombat
  • The Bold Investor
  • A Borrowed Hell
  • Prospero Regained (Prospero's Daughter, #3)
  • Return
  • Darkest Light
  • His Dark Magic
  • Alice Payne Arrives (Alice Payne, #1)
  • Imprinted (Magic Ex Libris, #4.5)
  • The Ancient Chronicle (Postdiluvian: The Tale of the Atsari #1)
  • The Next Set (Thursday Next, #1-4)
  • Between Golden Jaws (Hallowmere, #3)
  • Immortal Muse
  • One-Eyed Jack (Promethean Age, #5)
  • When The King Comes Home (A College of Magics)
  • Ghoulish Song (Zombay, #2)
  • Silver Moon
  • Master of the House of Darts (Obsidian and Blood, #3)

Carol Anne Douglas is a writer of fantasy novels and plays. She passionately loves the Arthurian legends and the works of Shakespeare, and is using them as the basis of her own fiction. Her book Lancelot Her Story will be published this fall, and its sequel will be published in 2016.

She worked on a feminist news journal for many years and published many essays. She has taught women's studies clas

The Merlin's Shakespeare (2 books)
  • The Mercutio Problem (The Merlin's Shakespeare Series Book 2)