Start by marking “Winter Hearts” as Want to Read:
Winter Hearts

Winter Hearts

(Must Love Chickens #1.5)

13 Festive F/F Fiction Tales from 13 Authors | Over 860 pages of seasonal cheer for women who love women

Including:
Eliza Andrews - Her Holiday Song
Lila Bruce - Easier Said Than Done (A Love Bites Christmas)
Giselle Fox - The Perfectly Imperfect Storm
Anne Hagan - A Sweetwater Christmas
Jea Hawkins - Full Circle: A Must Love Chickens Christmas
Cara Malone - Christmas in
Published November 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Winter Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Hearts

Luce
A 2018 collection of holiday novellas and short stories. Most have multi-chapters. It’s nice to read favorite authors, revisit a few familiar characters and discover new authors (for me). All profits will be donated to The Trevor Project and to Stonewall.

Anne Hagan - A Sweetwater Christmas 3 Stars
Novella
I dunno, I just wasn’t feeling any chemistry between them.

Cara Malone - Christmas in Angel Valley 3.75 Stars
Novella
I’ve been meaning to read Cara Malone. After this story, I’m definitely putting
A.E.
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I never rate my own books... but this one I will for one reason and one reason only! ALL profits from this book goes towards The Trevor Project and Stonewall and it's only $0.99 at the moment (rising to $2.99 soon) which is an absolute bargain for the volume of stories in this box set. Thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy, we appreciate your support in allowing us to support these fantastic charities.
Heinerway
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Yey! Already getting into the Christmas mood...

Jo reece
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
How can you decide a rating on a book full of short stories?

Emma Sterner-Radley's, Greengage Holiday Cheer And Em Stevens, The Gift were by far was the best stories in the book.. Ill give them both 4*. But i'm afraid the the rest of the stories are going to be either a 2 or 3 star rating.

So I'm just going to give an over-all rating of a 3*

I've come to conclusion that short stories are really not for me...

Dee
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall rating 3.75 stars

Her Holiday Song by Eliza Andrews - 3.5 stars
One for the music buffs. This story is interjected with many references to artists, songs titles, and lyrics most people will be familiar with.

Easier Said Than Done by Lila Bruce - 3 stars
Cute story told from Moose, the dogs, point of view, the kittens, another dogs, and the heroines.

The Perfectly Imperfect Storm by Giselle Fox - 4 stars
A lot to like here.

A Sweetwater Christmas by Anne Hagan - 3 stars
The heroines in this sto
Elske
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved most of the stories in this book. Enjoyed the warm-hearted atmosphere. I will read a lot of the stories again next year at Christmas time. I gave this compilation 4.3 stars.
Amy Girard
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great holiday read!

This is a great collection of short stories, perfect for the holiday season. I enjoyed some more than others but they were all entertaining in their own way. Some of the stories centered around characters from other books while some were totally new to me. If I have any complaint it's that a few of the stories left me wanting more but that's just me. I always want the rest of the story!
Patricia OHara
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I thoroughly enjoyed each and every story in this series of short stories. Each one was presented differently which kept me very interested. Good job.
Endlesscribbles
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ff-romance
It was nice to read Christmas short stories from my favourite authors. It does set the mood for the festive season.

K. Aten
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up - Get it for the cause, for the sheer volume of holiday fiction, and for the hidden gems!

Winter Hearts is a massive anthology about the winter holiday season, and just perfect this time of year when you're looking for fluffy holiday fics. Each story contained within somehow how embodies the real heart of it all.

Inside you find 13 stories written by a variety of well-known contemporary romance authors. Some will be delighted to hear that a few of the stories are mini windows into
Renate
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must buy for a feel good Christmas time. These stories are all well chosen and leave you with a really warm feeling. Thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Kathryn
Eliza Andrews - Her Holiday Song (4 stars)
Lila Bruce - Easier Said Than Done (A Love Bites Christmas) (4 stars)
Giselle Fox - The Perfectly Imperfect Storm (3.5 stars)
Anne Hagan - A Sweetwater Christmas (2 stars)
Jea Hawkins - Full Circle: A Must Love Chickens Christmas (3 stars)
Cara Malone - Christmas in Angel Valley (3.5 stars)
TB Markinson - A Christmas Miracle (3 stars)
Susan X Meagher - Family Matters
A.E. Radley - Holly Hollydays
Adan Ramie - Drive Me Wild
Emma Sterner-Radley - Greengage Holiday
Carol Hutchinson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great collection of wintery wonders from a wonderful selection of authors, and all for a great cause too.

I really enjoyed the variety of the festive stories, discovering new authors, and falling in love with characters from some of my favourite novels and they celebrated the holidays.

Each story had a unique set of characters, different scenario or trope, and was written so well. This is a great anthology, crammed with amazing work and good short stories that you can really take your
Susan
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

These short stories are as diverse and enjoyable as the authors are talented. They are complex enough to draw the reader in, yet light enough to buoy spirits. This collection of women who love women te ales belongs on your must read list.
Jaie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-2017
13 short stories, though on the longer/novella side.

I would give 11 of these stories a 4 or 5 star. Two I didn't like so I didn't finish them.

Overall though, this was a very enjoyable read with some solid authors.
Heidi
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Christmas reading

Many great stories of love and Christmas time. Some I liked better than others, but there is a little bit for everyone to enjoy.
Jessie Crowell
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anthology of Thirteen Lesbian Romances Set at Christmastime

I really liked reading this book. I guess I’d say I liked some of the stories more than the others. I’m definitely going to check out the eleven authors I just discovered through reading this book. I wish KC Luck had a story in it, though. I love her stories too. Content warning: mild, brief violence in the first story (which is long enough to be considered a novella), some stories have mild profanity and/or a slightly risqué sex scene,
K D
3 1/2 stars - Her Holiday Song - angst due to cheating / ow
3 stars Easier Said Than Done.... A poor choice as an introductory piece in a sampler anthology, this piece is more of an epilogue.
3 stars. The Perfectly Imperfect Storm.
3-ish stars: A Sweetwater Christmas.
2 1/2 stars Full Circle
4 stars Christmas in Angel Valley a sweet Christmas romance
3 1/2 stars A Christmas Miracle
3 stars Family Matters...
3 stars Holly Hollydays
2 stars Drive Me Wild.... just meh. Something about the writing seemed si
Janice
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for each story!

It's really not fair that the star rating goes out up to five. Because all these short stories should get their own 5 star rating.

One of the best things about this is that at least some of the stories are like epilogues of stories the authors already wrote. And since I read and loved so many of these stories, it's like learning something more about old friends.

Aris Duarte
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There were stories that I loved, stories where one of the characters I didn't liked, other stories where I had to get the "prequel" so to speak, authors from the short stories that I went to download some of their books and stories that made me feel that they were to short (I know, I know: short stories).

Overall, Winter Hearts it's a book that makes you feel that christmas miracle that (maybe) you don't feel anymore and makes you believe that sometimes, everything that went/it's wrong can be fix
Line
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Worth picking up.
Not all the stories were great, but there were some good ones also.
Think I found a couple of new authors (to me) I want to try out and some other nice Christmas stories to get into the holidays.
Gina L
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely A Must Read!

I thoroughly enjoyed this collection. A Snippet from favorite authors and some that were new to me. Plus an unexpected surprise to have a couple of characters from previous books reappear. Loved It.......
Ashley
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great collection of stories, some authors I've read before and some were new; good way to learn about new authors. There was really only one story I had trouble getting into, overall I really liked this one.
Kellie
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cheerful

A fun collection of holiday romances. Easy to read and all of them a little different. I'm on my way to looking for more by these authors. Highly recommend if you're in the mood for some seasonal romance.
Shelby
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall a really solid collection, with some great stories and others that missed the mark. Some favorites: "Her Holiday Song" by Eliza Andrews, "The Perfectly Imperfect Storm" by Giselle Fox, "Christmas in Angel Valley" by Cara Malone, and "A Christmas Miracle" by TB Markinson.
monica.b.czuba
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Stories

A lovely collection of Christmas stories . By a group of great authors.
Want to get into the spirit of it then read these great stories. Each one should help you get that feeling of love, hope and more.
Each author in their unique way did it and made it fun.
Jackie Cockburn
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fireside Romance

The best Christmas collection of short stories! These are heart warming stories for those cold lonely nights. Lesbian erotica at it's best!
Doug Elliott
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun collection of seasonal romances. Also a nice check in on some couples from previous tales.
Suzi
Lotta sweet short stories and novellas that led me to new authors! First in my #MakeDecemberGay reading month.
Maz Tucker
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great collection of stories

This is a really great collection of stories, not a single one disappoints. I have also found some new authors I want to try.

• Sharpshooter
  • After the Dawn
  • A Swing at Love
  • Nights of Silk and Sapphire
  • Just Physical (The Hollywood Series, #3)
  • Beyond the Break (Conch Garden Book 1)
  • On the Rocks
  • Poppy Jenkins
  • A Story of Now (A Story of Now, #1)
  • Claire and the Lady Billionaire 1
  • Love Like This (Seven Shores, #4)
  • Complementary and Acute
  • An Introduction to Sappho
  • Passion Bay (Moon Island, # 1)
  • Sidebar
  • Lambs Can Always Become Lions (Until Lambs Become Lions, #1)
  • Heartwood
  • Our Demented Play Date
When I started thinking of a new pen name to write fiction featuring lesbian protagonists, I commandeered the name of an ancestor. Eliza Frances Andrews was an interesting woman, one I have mixed feelings about. A southern belle who lived through the civil war as the privileged daughter of a prominent plantation owner, she refused to marry "below her station" after the war and therefore set about ...more

Must Love Chickens (1 books)
  • Must Love Chickens
“His head exploded into a confetti mashup of color. Flecks of soft, sharp, and liquid things peppered my face. Charles slumped sideways, onto my throbbing leg.” 0 likes