Start by marking “Magic Bite (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magic Bite (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #1)

Magic Bite

(Supernatural Bounty Hunter #1)

Evie Black and her demon imp partner, Cass, are two of the most fearsome supernatural bounty hunters on the West Coast. But when Evie’s beloved grandmother dies, her world shatters.

After finding the bottom of a bottle of tequila, Evie breaks the one rule she knows better than to ignore: Never hook up with a werewolf.

Especially when he’s the local alpha who, oh by the way,
250 pages
Published December 30th 2018 (first published December 14th 2018)

Start your review of Magic Bite (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #1)
Josephine
Yikes, where to start. For one, the drunk one night stand at the beginning was very off-putting. The female lead was obviously smashed beyond consent (being too drunk to even manage stairs) while the male lead was not, but despite a token refusal that she was too drunk, he went through with it which doesn't really indicate strength of character on his part. But honestly, what annoyed me the most was that the main character was supposed to be a badass bounty hunter, and that's never shown in the ...more
Bookgyrl
So, I was not sure I was going to enjoy it as I had just read a book by Leia Stone I did not like. But I pre-ordered and the blurb looked fun and promising so I thought 'why not'? This morning it appeared on my Kindle and I read it in a couple of hours.

Evie is a fun heroine. I immediately liked her and her BFF Cass (the imp). After her grandmother dies she has a drunk one-night-stand and is infuriated to find she has slept with Brock, the alpha of the (were)wolf pack that wants to demolish her
Katyana
I'm carrying on with this, though I'm not really sure why ... the heroine has the inner narrative - and common sense - of a 10 year old girl. I think I just like the kitsune element. But I can't imagine I'll make it more than 1 book further if she doesn't develop some spine. I loathe stories where the supposed tough girl is a fainting doormat that allows the tough guy to make all the decisions and manage her life.

Furthermore, this story is all happening way too fast - it's unbelievable, and har
Heather Endsley
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Evie. She’s so tough and snarky. Evie returns home after her Gran dies. Evie then meets Brock, little does she know he’s the alpha werewolf she’s fussing with. And he is going to drastically change her life. Action, suspense, romance and evil
Supernaturals galore.
And that ending, drop a bomb much?? Can’t wait to see what happens with Evie and crew next.
Cici
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TLDR review: I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK! Literally everything about it. I throughly enjoyed this book.
Warning my review might have minor spoilers!

Pros:
- The book starts with a bang 😉
- Brock: Normally shifter love interests are way too protective and overbearing for my tastes but Brock is just perfect! He voices his opinion but never forced or tricks Evie into doing what he wants! He respects her even when he doesn’t agree with her! You can tell he cares for her without being a controlling asshole.
Susan
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun start

Magic Bite is a fun start to the Supernatural Bounty Hunter series. Evie is a kicka$$ bounty hunter and Cass is her wisea$$ sidekick. Add in a sexy werewolf and you’ve got a fun combo! Looking forward to more in this series.
Vintagebooklvr
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
2 1/2 stars. There's a lot going for this book. I love the characters and their relationships with one another. Cass is so great: a pink furred imp who loves sequins and sparkles and still is a success with the fae ladies and an attitude to match. Evie, a supernatural bounty "human" hunter--and others who are clearly human--are some of the most successful ones out there. Yes, they use spells, tricks and mechanical devices but that is what humans do well. Humans have gotten to were they are in th ...more
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
This book was such fun. After you get past the sudden one night stand that opened the book, it's hilarious, strange, outlandish, and thrills from there. Surprises, humor, sweet bonds, a weird imp companion that keeps the laughs coming, an eager human apprentice - definitely will be continuing with the series.
Dawn Siemer
Feb 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Decent book ruined by lack of research. The characterization and plot idea were good, but I couldn't get past the author's ignorance of how birth control and pregnancy work.
Mary Ellen
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lot of fun. I was excited to see that the main character was part Asian like me. Cass is hilarious. The fact that he is a hot pink imp in booty shorts... loved it. Brock was a sexy, dominate, alpha male and genuinely seemed like a good guy. There were a few twists I did not see coming at all so I was happy that it caught me off gaurd. I am also curious to see how Brock and Evie handle this situation in the next book. Oh and that ending... cliffhanger. But a good one.

I actually h
Laura Martinez
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is co-written by both Leia Stone and Lucia Ashta.
I’ve read several books by Leia. This is my first reading one by Lucia.
I must say that I have mixed feelings about this book.
The first would be how Evie and Brock hook up.
I’m not going to go into detail because then I will just have this review with spoilers.
What I did enjoy about this book is the kitsune element. That looks like it is a fun twist since Evie was thought to be a dud. She has a side kick who is a pink imp and at times
Charlotte
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evie is a supernatural bounty hunter. Evie's best friend and partner is a pink demon imp. Evie and her BFF, Cass, are very good at her job. When Evie and Cass go to her grandmother's cottage to try to save it from the love werewolf alpha, they not only find out one of there bounties escaped, but they get way more then they bargained for with gram's cottage.
Evie's animal is unusual. The story is original in the idea of a shifter NOT knowing what she is, how she finds out, the whole situation with
Abi
Not a bad book. Didn't go where I expected it to, which was fun. Wouldn't have minded more detail on the world building. Fast paced. Funny. Decent action/fight scenes. Good romance, though it seemed a bit insta-lovey to me. Interesting magic. Again, I wish there were more detail. I'll likely read book two. 3.5 stars.
Aletia
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the story. The characters are fully fleshed out, and it feels like it's happening here and now, in our world. Even though there is a pink demon. And magic. With werewolves. I absolutely cannot wait until the next book releases!!!
Renée
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well damn, Magic Bite with have you aching for more from page one. It’s steamy, hilarious, exciting and downright fabulous, as it follows Evie Black and her imp best friend and supernatural bounty hunter partner - Cass, as they return to her home town after her grans dies.

The Supernatural Bounty Hunter series is brilliantly co-written by Leia Stone and Lucía Ashta. I highly recommend the first book in this new series, and I can’t wait to read the next book - Magic Sight.
Andi
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Just awesome, a great adventure that keeps you turning the pages to find out what happens next! Can't wait for the next one!
Chinmayee Giri
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Finished it in half a day. Just couldn't keep the book down.
H
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Fun to read, entertaining, and has lots of potential for a long series. Woot woot!
Jeanny
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cliffhanger ending.
Pregnancy 🤰

Wasn’t an awful read I give book 2 stars & am not opposed to reading book 2
Lyndi W.
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Very annoying cliffhanger, but I'm not getting off the ride just yet.
Natalia
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it

Enjoyable...

I really couldn't connect with the best friends character.

No OW drama or Cheating!
'i Mari 🍷 YAAAAAAS
A surprisingly good read!
Just opened the second one 😊

Adios & Happy Reading, folks! xx
Heather
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really good start. Interesting characters, particularly good side-kicks. Fun with some good action.
C.J.
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great, fast-paced story. Lots of interesting characters and intrigue. Looking forward to book 2.
JadeShea
Evie Black and her partner are back where she grew up with her grandmother because her grandmother just passed away. Now, all Evie has of her left is her house that sits on the edge of werewolf territory and they want it gone. But when Evie makes a mistake with the alpha werewolf things get really complicated for her.

This book was a little bit corny and over the top at times, but it makes up for that with a kick-ass heroine who is also freaking hilarious. I laughed so hard during this book, and
Chamonix
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well this was an incredible shit show.

I'm at chapter 9 and it still feels like the first introductory pages.

I started reading this because it seemed suspiciously like a copy of Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews with a STARTLINGLY SIMILAR TITLE; front cover with a kickass heroine wielding a sword who is a pseudo investigator that boinks alpha shapeshifters. Fear not because Leia Stone is not even close to Ilona in terms of quality, plot writing and overall making sense with the words that she typy-typ
Jeni
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neat twist

Despite the writing being a bit rough, the ideas and story were interesting and kept me reading to the end. I'll definitely give book 2 a shot based on this one. With luck the writing will have matured and smoothed out to match the story the author is telling.
Leslie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this new series. Evie is a badass bounty hunter who's life is blown to bits. She must sort through what's left and figure out what she needs to stop next.
Marsha
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It has been quite a while since I’ve read a book from start to finish in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yet, “Magic Bite” is one such read for me.

Evie Black is a supernatural bounty hunter. Along with her imp partner, Cass she is getting drunk at a bar mourning the recent death of her beloved grandmother. Then one sexy Alpha werewolf, Brock, approaches her and she decides to take a one time walk on the wild side.

Little did Evie know but this Alpha was the sworn enemy of her grandmother a

• Live Fae or Die Trying (The Paranormal PI Files #1)
  • Night Shifter (Magical Creatures Academy #1)
  • Assassin's Magic (Assassin's Magic, #1)
  • Dead Fae Walking (The Paranormal PI Files, #2)
  • Awakened And Betrayed (The Lost Sentinel, #2)
  • Wings of Light (The Obsidian Order, #1)
  • The Lost and the Chosen (The Lost Sentinel, #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Assassin's Mask (Assassin's Magic, #2)
  • Demon Slayer (Dragon's Gift: The Sorceress #1)
  • Bad Fae Rising (The Paranormal PI Files #3)
  • Lion Shifter (Magical Creatures Academy #2)
  • Sin & Magic (Demigod of San Francisco #2)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Shrill Dusk (City of Magic #1)
  • Mage Shifter (Magical Creatures Academy #3)
  • Don't Bait Me (Nora Jacobs, #3)
  • Destined Darkness (Nephilim's Destiny, #1)
Leia Stone is the USA TODAY bestselling author of the Matefinder series which is optioned for flim, and the Hive Trilogy. She lives in Arizona with her husband, two kids and her dog. When she is not chasing around her twin son and daughter, or writing, she has her nose shoved in a book. She wrote her first book when she was 23 years old. Keep reading and live with purpose.

ht

Supernatural Bounty Hunter (3 books)
  • Magic Sight (Supernatural Bounty Hunter #2)
  • Magic Touch (Supernatural Bounty Hunter #3)

News & Interviews

“Fuck this day.” 0 likes
“A werewolf’s natural possessiveness was bad enough, but an alpha’s was a thousand times more pronounced. And I was pregnant with his bloodline heir. The guy was going to be a stage-five clinger for sure.” 0 likes