Start by marking “Vengeance (Darkhurst, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vengeance (Darkhurst, #2)

Vengeance

(Darkhurst #2)

Brothers. Outlaws. Saviours.

Rigan and Corran Valmonde are not heroes. They are undertakers, lawbreakers, and monster hunters. Without them, the town of Ravenwood is finished.

But the more successful Rigan and Corran become at destroying the creatures, the more a greater evil is revealed – one larger and more monstrous than they ever could imagine…

Kindle Edition
Published 2018 by SOL

To ask other readers questions about Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengeance

Patti Holland
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very powerful!!

I couldn’t put this book down. It has magic of all kinds, monsters you’ve never heard of before, ancient gods battling each other, and an epic battle to save the world with our heroes coming out on top. What more could you want!!

Julie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant book from Gail Martin who writes characters I love. The boy's are back but this time they've teamed up with friends and are on the run, hunting monsters just to get by and hiding from the law. This is supernatural meets medieval, this is a must read for anyone who enjoys fantasy fiction, can't wait for the next instalment.
Cath
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of the Darkhurst series and is another long read, just short of six hundred pages. But, don’t let this put you off. It is a fantastic read with numerous well described monsters for Corran and Rigan, both former undertakers, to fight off along with their fellow hunters. All were once working in Guild jobs or in service, until the events of book one, Scourge: A Darkhurst Novel, took place and they had to leave the city.

Corran had been fighting the monsters that killed their
Andrew
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gail topped her first installment in the lives of the Valmonde brothers in Vengeance. The brothers return, after surviving hoardes of monsters in the first book to face even greater challenges. They've lost everything, and are currently evading the authorities of Ravenwood, while simultaneously protecting the town's citizens from these monsters. Three brothers and their comrades hide out from authorities hellbent on capturing the brothersand killing their friends. The politics in the novel mirro ...more
Suzanne
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having loved book 1 Scourge, I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC of Vengeance at no cost to the author and it really delivered!
Following the events of Scourge,the Valmonde brothers and their friends are living as outlaws hunting monsters and just trying to survive. On top of this they discover a new plot is afoot to bring even more monsters and darkness into Ravenwood and they must figure out how to stop it.
What makes this series stand out is the politics the author has created.You ca
Andi
The next installment of Gail Z. Martin's Darkhurst series is just as epic as the first. Vengeance has it all, monsters, both human and otherwise, magic, love, loss, political intrigue and heroic sacrifice.

Vengeance picks up right where we left our outlaws at the end of Scourge. The saying may be "There's no rest for the wicked." but there's also no rest for our heroes. You would think that toppling a powerful blood witch and the Lord Mayor would have earned them a vacation, but nope. Just more m
Cheryl
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an interesting book! I do not usually follow politics but this book has it’s own brand of politics/ greed. Why is it money and politics go hand in hand? We have the Valmonde brothers and friends trying to rid their world of monsters that keep appearing. The mystery is why are they appearing and to what purpose do they serve? We have mystery with lots of subplots and twists, a bit of romance and not much humor. Lots of action and bits of sorrow where friends pass away.
The story flows along
Amy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gail Martin is a master of creating characters and stories you just can’t stop reading. This second book in the Darkhurst series does not disappoint. As the brothers and their family of fellow “criminals” survive outside the city by hunting down monsters, they uncover a plot to continue the corrupt policies and blood magic practices of the ruling merchant princes. I normally have trouble reading books with a lot of politics in them but this series is an exception to that. I couldn’t put it down. ...more
Katie
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
WARNING: Extremely gruesome book

* Received an ARC from Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review *

It only took me 4 days to read this but it feels much longer. I was really enjoying this book at first but it became a real chore to finish. I have nothing against long books, in fact the longer the better, so I think the reason this became a slog was because it was basically the same thing happening again and again, fight after fight, just with different monsters.

Another reason I may not have en
Cats of Ulthar
Jim
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story can't wait to read the next
irvin r russell
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It well worth reading .

You are kept on edge and wondering what will happens next which is what you want in a book. She knows how to make you want more in her books.
Susan
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Valmonde brother are back with the second installment of the new fantasy series by Gail Z. Martin. On the run from the authorities of Ravenwood, the brothers (having been "blessed" by an Old God) and their band of monster hunters are roaming the country side killing monsters as they go. Rigan is still learning about the use and extent of his magic without killing himself in the process. Searching for the rogue monster hunters is the former head of security for mayor Machison is Hant Jorgeson ...more
Nick Sampson
Ashley
Oct 07, 2018
Jim
Aug 29, 2018
Gail Z. Martin discovered her passion for science fiction, fantasy and ghost stories in elementary school. The first story she wroteat age fivewas about a vampire. Her favorite TV show as a preschooler was Dark Shadows. At age 14, she decided to become a writer. She enjoys attending science fiction/fantasy conventions, Renaissance fairs and living history sites. She is married and has three childr ...more

Darkhurst (2 books)