Start by marking “Dearly Beloved (A Match Made in Heaven Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Dearly Beloved (A Match Made in Heaven Book 1)

Dearly Beloved (A Match Made in Heaven Book 1)

Colleen O'Dowd manages a thriving bridal business with her sisters in Heaven, New Hampshire. After fleeing Manhattan and her cheating ex-fiancé, Colleen still believes in happily ever afters. But with a demanding business to run, her sisters to look after, and their 93-year-old grandmother to keep out of trouble, she's worried she'll never find Mr. Right.

Playboy Slade
Published November 12th 2018 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Dearly Beloved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dearly Beloved

Start your review of Dearly Beloved (A Match Made in Heaven Book 1)
Luupi "The Reading Queen"
I just checked and I'm the only person that has given this book less than 4 stars so I think I should start this review with the thing I hated the most about Dearly Beloved so I can get it out of my system.

The reason why I can't give this book more than 1 star is because I fuc**** hate our main character, Colleen. There's nothing that pisses me off more than when things like "anorexic looking" and "she looked as if she hadn't eaten for days" (These are exact quotes from the book) are used to
N.N. Light
Colleen has a successful wedding planning business. Little did she know when she agreed to plan socialite Isabella’s wedding, her life would change forever. Upon meeting her brother, billionaire playboy Slade, Colleen fell for him and fell hard. The chemistry between them are white-hot yet it can’t go anywhere, can it? He’s told her over and over how he’s never getting married. But he keeps popping by where she least expects it. Is it a passing fling or is Slade her own ever after groom?

I love
Brenda Moser
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written book with strong characters and an entertaining story line. It's instant attraction and sparks fly when Colleen meets Slade. But she's busy with her business and family and he's happy with the carefree single life. So where does that leave them? The author does a great job bringing the story to life with her descriptive writing and pulls you in with her detailed scenes. She paces the story fluidly and captured and held me from start to finish. I enjoyed and would recommend ...more
Downward dog
A heartwarming story. This is the first book in the series and I can’t wait to read more.
Sandra
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written tale which draws you into this small town story. Colleen our h is a strong, independent woman in her mid 30's. Escaping from NY due to a cheating fiancé & quitting her job she takes her wedding planning business back to her hometown where her nan is aging.
One of her wedding involves Isabella, whose brother Slade is paying for her wedding. They clash on a few aspects involving money & family. However he is drawn to this feisty woman.
There is a slow build &
Charlotte O'Shay
The best thing about a Peggy Jaeger book is sinking into her warm circle of strong, smart women and their swoon worthy men and living for a short awhile inside their vivid world. The worst thing is that eventually one has to finish the book. I can’t tell you how many times I was glad I still had a little more to read. Ms. Jaeger’s books are all superbly written, richly detailed and told in her own unmistakable voice. Dearly Beloved is no exception.
I was immediately drawn to Colleen O’Dowd,
Rhonda Gilmour
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I truly enjoyed this frothy, low-angst tale of romance between a hilarious, snarky wedding planner and a cool, controlled businessman. Talk about opposites attract! When these two connect, kapow. For wedding junkies, there’s lots of description of beautiful settings, food, and all manner of nuptial magic, all set in an idyllic town: Heaven, New Hampshire.
Even though Slade Harrington doesn’t believe in marriage, an understandable position considering his father’s marital track record, he wants
Tena Stetler
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dearly Beloved by Peggy Jaeger 12-3-18 – Five Stars

I really enjoyed this fun, at times hilarious, romance with an interesting cast of characters. You never knew what snarky wedding planner Colleen was going to say, even when she tried not too especially in the company of cool, calm and collected (mostly) Slade Harrington. She does get under his skin on occasion, which I found refreshing.
Slade and Colleen met when his sister hired Colleen to plan her wedding.They were from two different worlds.
Katie O'Sullivan
Peggy Jaegar has done it again with what I sincerely hope is the start of a fresh new series. The setting is small town New Hampshire, lovingly portrayed with all its natural beauty and inevitable small town quirkiness. The story centers around a wedding planner, her two sisters and their firecracker of a grandmother (my favorite sidekick character, hands down!)

The main character, Colleen O'Dowd, narrates in first person as she navigates professional and personal challenges including the
LJT
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of stories that have a wedding theme. So after reading the book blurb, "Dearly Beloved" became a must read for me. This is the first book from author Peggy Jaeger's A Match Made In Heaven series, and it can be enjoyed as a standalone.

Colleen O'Dowd is a successful wedding planner in her small hometown of Heaven, New Hampshire. She lives with her ninety-three year-old grandmother, who is quite spunky and outspoken at times. Her two sisters live close by and they are all very
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good romance book and this is a good romance book. Told from the point of view of Wedding planner Colleen, who hasn't been so lucky in love herself, this is the story of her meeting Mr Right.

Wedding planning is a serious full-on business, I hadn't realised that there was so much to it. With things like rehearsal dinners and the like, something that I'm glad hadn't made it across the pond when I got married. I think you'd need a wedding planner to sort it all out. Fortunately for her
Jean Grant
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I've read by Peggy Jaeger and she continues to not disappoint! I loved the polished voice in this book...it was fresh, flirty, and just so easy to read and keep turning pages. I found myself chuckling a bit here and there with Colleen's euphemisms; her personality shot off the page. The characters were well-developed and genuine and I loved the romance. I'm a New Englander so the small-town feels were all there. Admittedly I'm not keen on the millionaire hot guy love ...more
Becky Burciaga
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dearly Beloved (A Match Made in Heaven #1) by Peggy Jaeger

A delightful start to what promises to be a winning series...with a myriad of moving parts...characters and their individual stories...that the author has seamlessly woven together into a story with emotions that will surely resonate with readers. The characters are remarkably and realistically portrayed with unique personalities, the dialog is intelligent (other that the over use of trendy colloquialisms) and fast moving...and last, but
Kari Lemor
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read quite a few books by this author and this one did not disappoint. The heroine is a wedding planner with a past she's trying to forget. She's planning the wedding of this rich young lady and when she meets the older brother, who's paying for all of it, sparks fly. One of the best things about this book is the way the hero loves his sister. It's so real and heartfelt and you know he'd do anything for her. Truly lovely to see. The other thing that perked up the story was the heroine. Her ...more
Sherri Babb
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I found it to be very entertaining. I think it was a great book to start this series with. Colleen is a wedding planner who has never been very lucky at finding love and then she meets Slade. Slade is the older brother of one of her brides. Slade really does not believe in love but he is paying the bill for his sisters wedding. Lets me just say that I loved Slade and Colleen together. This book was so much fun to read. I laughed out loud ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Slade and Colleen have a lot more in common than they realize. Both have their ups and down but when it comes to family they are loyal to the core. Slade is determined not to marry especially after seeing his father marry six times but for his sister he will pull up his boot straps and go with the flow. Colleen thought she had her night in shining amour only to be betrayed. Now she is back home with her family and her business can't be better which is how she met Slade. One meeting was all it ...more
Treena
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me an ARC of this book. The review below is entirely my own.

3.5 Stars

I love these kinds of stories. I think Peggy Jaeger did a great job fleshing out the characters. Slade and Colleen felt like friends I'd totally get along well with. Their love story had a bit of everything --- fun, banter, some angst, and heat. Reading this book kept me company as I waited for my kid today. It was entertaining and engaging.

I'm looking forward to reading more
PLP
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great romance!

Loved this book! It was exactly what a fantasy romance novel should be. Our H/h developed feelings for each other but it was not all hearts and flowers. A few rocky moments with an ex, some miscommunication, etc., buy no traumatic drama. It was sweet with a HEA the heroine so richly deserved!

However, I would like to be a fly on the wall when a pre-nun was discussed. LOL
PoshTomes
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by this author and I LOVED it! The characters were so well developed and I didn’t feel like the only thing they had in common was in the bedroom. Slade took time to really get to know Colleen and I loved how he slowly fell in love with her. It was so obvious, but not to her. Nanny was hilarious and I can’t wait to read more!
Lois Pipkin
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story!

The characters are described so vividly that you get to feeling like you know them personally - not only the main characters, but the "background" ones, too. Lovely family, and the relationships between them is endearing. The love story develops in such a way that it makes you laugh and cry. I couldn't stop reading to find out what happens next.
Sheila
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colleen has giving up hope on finding Mr. Right after her cheating ex so she along with her sisters run a wedding planning business. Slade a wealthy businessman has promised his younger sister the wedding of her dreams and that is how Colleen and Slade met. They have an instant spark but he has no intentions of ever getting married after watching his father marry so many times. They can't seem to stop themselves from butting heads and then you have her ex showing up causing more conflict.

I
Stephanie
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Small town wedding planner meets big city hottie (who happens to be her client's brother, oh no!). As much as she fights it, a spicy relationship between them ensues. Good, quick read with characters you want to get to know more!
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will keep you reading long into the night. If you are looking for a great book, then you need to read this book. I am looking forward to reading the next book by this great author.
Joyce Black
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Well Written - Great Use Of Alliteration!!

Great writing, show casing a good command of the English language. A delight to read this lively romance. Highly recommended reading.
Phyllis Saunders
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Loved the story of Colleen and Slade and their rocky road to a happily ever after. The family, and especially Nanny were very entertaining.
Angie Morgan
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book! Colleen and Slade had the best chemistry, and the small town New England setting drew me right in. Really looking forward to more in this series!
Jacki

Nanny
Part of a series: A Match Made in Heaven
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from Booksprout.
Joanne Guidoccio
So much to like here…delightfully flawed protagonists, a feisty 93-year-old grandmother, witty banter, and wedding drama all set against the beautiful backdrop of small-town New Hampshire. Ms. Jaeger has outdone herself in the writing of this HEA romance. I strongly recommend setting aside large blocks of reading time. You won’t be able to put this book down.
Majanka
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

In Dearly Beloved, main character Colleen manages a thriving bridal business along with her sisters. Despite having had a bad break-up courtesy of a cheating ex-fiancé, Colleen still believes in true love. Still, with a business to run, a grandmother and siblings to look after, she doesn’t have much time to look for the right guy.

Then, she meets Slade Harrington, a man who has no desire in being in a relationship and
Sherry Westendorf
What a fun read. She comes back to her hometown because of a break up with her ex boyfriend. She helps her sisters run their business of bridal consulting. And she has other things going on. She does not have time to find someone else. He is against marriage for various reasons but vows to help his sister with her wedding. Along comes the bridal consultant with a lot of qualities that make him hot and changes his mind on marriage. It is exciting, emotional, surprising, suspenseful and so much ...more

• I'm Still Standing
  • Postcards for a Songbird
  • Life on Loan
  • Sanctuary Sound (Sanctuary Sound, #1-3)
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Their No-Strings Affair (City of Dreams, #3)
  • Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)
  • Forever in a Moment
  • Love's Fresh Start: A Novella
  • Runaway Love Story
  • Changing the Rules (Cape Cod Dating Rules, Book 3)
  • Love on the Boardwalk (Cinnamon Bay, #1)
  • No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • Lion Dancing for Love (Deerbourne Inn Series)
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
  • Bad Influence (Bad Bachelors, #3)
  • In Her Candy Jar (Svensson Brothers #1)
  • Fake Date (Dating, #2)
Peggy Jaeger is the award winning author of the popular WIll Cook For Love series which includes Cooking With Kandy, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... and A Match Made in Heaven Series, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Peggy is a contemporary romance writer who writes #RomComs about #strong women, the families who support them, and the men who can’t live without them.

#Family and