Start by marking “For Her Honor (The Gentrys of Paradise, #4)” as Want to Read:
For Her Honor (The Gentrys of Paradise, #4)

For Her Honor

(The Gentrys of Paradise #4)

1873 – Adam Gentry, heir to the celebrated Paradise Stables in Virginia, is haunted by the visions of his lost love. Feeling cursed by fate, he slips deeper into grief, shrouded in a cloud of liquor and depression, and neglects his duties and responsibilities. But when Adam is forced to accept that there’s nothing he can do to change his past, he knows he must move on.

And
Published January 8th 2019 by Holly Bush Books

To ask other readers questions about For Her Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Her Honor

Amy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For Her Honor is book four from Holly Bush’s The Gentrys of Paradise series. I thought it was a great addition to the series. I have enjoyed the other installments and this one does not disappoint. I absolutely loved Adam and Emmaline’s story. They both had so much to overcome.

I give For Her Honor five stars. I believe many readers who love historical fiction that involves marriage of convenience stories would enjoy this one. Great read.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 10
Dora Okeyo
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is exactly what I needed to read this weekend.
A short, sweet romance with two lead characters; Adam is mourning the death of his beloved and Emmaline is with child but unmarried. Whereas Adam is all about honor, Emmaline is bent on fulfilling her dreams and not being tied down with wifely duties. He's yet to love again and she's yet to trust and open up and the two make an awesome couple. Their dialogues were entertaining.
Readers of romance and those who love historical romance would enjoy
E-Reader Addict
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was thrilled to see this book available on NetGalley, and SO EXCITED to be approved for an ARC. I loved the previous books in the series, and was very much looking forward to the final book in the series. And to find out the story was about Emmaline?! I dropped what I was reading and started right in on For Her Honor. I was over the moon, people!!!

But a hazard of being so excited, is sometimes you end up feeling let down. Which is what happened…

😭

Adam Gentry lost the love of his life, Josephin
Deanna Sletten
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For Her Honor is the fourth and final installment of The Gentrys of Paradise series by the talented author, Holly Bush. I’ve read every one of this series and have enjoyed them very much. In fact, I’ve read all of Holly’s books, and have never been disappointed.

In For Her Honor, the oldest brother, Adam Gentry, is mourning the loss of the only woman he’s ever loved, and finds himself in the deepest, darkest despair. When finally he pulls himself up and once again takes over his duties of running
Joann Maggio
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For Her Honor ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐by Holly Bush

As an avid reader of Ms Bush, I had no misgivings about this book. I found her gentle prob of the main characters Adam and Emmaline just what was needed.

Adam Gentry the heir of the Paradise Stables was in a very poor mental state. His depression and drinking overpowered his judgement. Upon his reckoning that he could not change the past or bring his true love back after her death he began a personal recovery.

When Emmaline Somerset finds herself unmarried and with
Sheena
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I've received a ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

A cute historical romance novel. The characters were likeable, and the content was realistic for that time period but I did find it strange how quickly Emmaline got over the death of her child after an horrible miscarriage and how quickly she wanted children later on. In regards to her miscarriage, there was definitely a lack of emotion lingering there but I guess everyone grieves differently I suppose. Overall, an enjoyable nov
Rosanne Lortz
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Adam Gentry has lost his fiance, and with her all of his dreams of love and companionship. Drowning his sorrow in the bottle, the heir to the Gentry horse breeding empire looks like he may never recover.

Emmaline Somerset has made a dreadful mistake with a man she never wants to see again, and now that she's admitted her unwed pregnancy to her family, the whole town will soon know about it. Much to her surprise, her sister-in-law Olivia's brother Adam pays her a visit, offering to marry her to t
Diane
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this historical fiction romance because I felt such empathy for Adam Gentry when he has to get drunk every night to deal with the pain of the sudden loss of his fiancé. He’s a broken man mourning the loss of Josephine but he’s also a gentleman and in 1873 a gentleman would take part in an arranged marriage to save the reputation of his best friend’s sister and her family. His bride-to-be is also a sympathetic character; she’s deathly ill in the early months of her pregnancy but ...more
Robert E. Gorton Jr.
Angelica Dimeo
Mary Cloud
Judy Thomas
Jan 07, 2019
“Love always has something to say. Sometimes it shouts from the highest hill, and sometimes it whispers so softly one must listen closely to hear. Do not turn away. It is a rare and precious commodity. Treasure it.” The Gentrys of Paradise

Holly Bush books are set during the turbulent and transformative years of the late 1800’s. The first two books in her newest series, The Gentrys of Paradise, rel

The Gentrys of Paradise (3 books)
  • For the Brave (The Gentrys of Paradise, #2)
  • For This Moment (The Gentrys of Paradise, #3)