Start by marking “Second Chance: a romance for the over 40.” as Want to Read:

(Sexy Silver Foxes)

A sexy silver fox standalone romance for the over 40.

Her.
A widow at forty-four, her husband left her a letter.
Contact Denton.
Once upon a time, the three of them had been best friends.
Mati Rath isn’t sure she should look back.
Her heart isn’t ready, or so she thinks.

Him.
A pleading phone call forces him to make a decision.
I’ll be there.
Yet, he hasn’t been home in twenty-seve
Published January 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

Leslie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delicious treat of a book, full of depth, secrets, what-could-have-beens and what-it-is-now. I couldn’t put it down. Denton stole my heart because he’s kind of a rogue. Oh, and he’s smoking hot. Mati’s tough, smart, and full of lessons learned and heartache and a life well-lived and well-loved. There’s something about the weight of the lives of these characters that makes them real. Beautiful. Thoughtful. Tremendous. Second Chance poses so many questions, and then takes you on the journey for ...more
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

My now best friend Cora tells me I need to get back out there. I don’t know where there is—or where I’d go.

I’m not certain how to categorize what just happen. It was the best non-sex-sex I’ve ever had.

My Review:

I have adored this series and author but I struggled more than a bit with this installment as it was a full-on angst-fest with near constant conflict, neither of which will ever be among my favorite tropes. I seek an emotional balance in my world but find I am
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A standing ovation for LB to continuously break the romantic couple preset mold and write meaningful, real love stories about people over 40. It's a courageous achievement which in itself deserves acknowledgement and accolades.
Fantastic job LB and keep going, we need more authentic stories like this, with real day problems in real situations. It's so refreshing to see mature characters behaving in a sensible way.
If this story had a relationship status, it'd be - IT'S COMPLICATED!!!

description

“Seems compl
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Wasn’t my fave of these books. But I still enjoyed it. And I’m looking forward to more from the author in her romance for the over 40 books to come.

I love reading YA, NA, Adult of all different genres. Including books centred around characters in their 40’s. I mean these books from Dunbar are hot, emotionally jam-packed/charged and filled with real life issues.

Really great/good reading.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Three childhood friends Denton, Chris and Mati grew up together and became fast friends with both boys eventually fell in love with Mati, truth be told she loved them both right back. One boy was a bit restless to see the world and the other had everything mapped out for his future.This lead to them becoming divided over the love between them while they were on their way across the bridge of adolescence.

Only of them got the girl and had the future with her that the other one always wanted, albe
AJ
3 stars

I like a love story that features older characters – those that are supposedly more mature, and who have had a chance to experience life a bit and are at a different stage of their lives than characters in the majority of romance books. And in this case, we get a second chance-at-love story between two characters in their mid-40s with a whole lot of history.

“See me.”
“You’re all I see.”

This book is part of the Sexy Silver Foxes series. It can be read as a standalone, but be aware that i
Karen
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved "AfterCare" written by this author. I love "over 40" romances and you rarely see them. There are usually grown children dynamics and second chance is a bigger factor. Makes it interesting.

He starts the book out rather alone. I felt the writing explained where he was in life on how he sets out to visit his mother on her death bed with a road trip by himself across the country.

Once in town he seems to slowly figure all the changes. His meeting with Mati and initial encounters were awkward
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(Sexy Silver Foxes)
By: L.B. Dunbar
5 Stars

I absolutely LOVE the Sexy Silver Foxes! L.B. Dunbar has sure mastered the writing of romance books for the over 40. I enjoy reading about characters who have real life expectations, real life problems and how these issues are resolved with experiences that come naturally to me.

Growing up, Mati, Chris and Denton were inseparable. Best Friends always having each other’s back. When graduation comes, and Denton leaves
Alexandra
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's only January 11th and I think I already read one of my favorite books of 2019 😍

I don't know what to say without spoiling too much, but what I want to tell you is, that you don't want to miss any of L.B. Dunbars books. Her stories, especially her over 40 romance stories, are outstanding. In another review someone wrote: the queen of over 40 romance. And yes, she is!!!!

Mati, Chris and Denton are friends since childhood. But the last 27 years they were separated. Denton left to become a rocks
Jultri
DNF 50%. So I picked this book, thinking that yes finally, we're getting more mature protagonists with grown up issues and slow-burn reconnection of two people with a shared past. What I got instead was an irresponsible man-whore who has not matured a day beyond 18, when he left town 27 years ago and never looked back until now. Unfortunately, the heroine is not much better, because there was none of the expected feelings of hesitancy and guilt (misguided that it might be) one would expect of a ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
SECOND CHANCE by L.B. Dunbar is the story of Denton Chance and Mati Rath. Denton, Mati and Chris were all best friends. But when graduation came Mati feelings was torn between the two men but then Denton up and left to peruse a career that took him away from them. Now all these years later, Mati is a widow after Chris dies but he left a something for Denton. So Mati goes forward to make contact with him and they both find that their feelings are still there...if not stronger.
Loved this second c
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story was amazing just simply amazing! I love reading stories about older couples who get their second chances at love. Just because your older doesn't mean you can't have love and happiness. This story proved that in every way and I loved it.

We get to meet Mati whose husband has died and he leaves her a letter to contact their other best friend Denton and at first Mati isn't so sure she should do that because she is still not done mourning her husband but the more she looks at the letter t
Bibliophile  Chloe
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2019
I am declaring L.B. Dunbar the "Queen of Over 40 Romance"!! I just have to get a tiara and sash worthy of her!

Second Chance is a story in the Sexy Silver Foxes series.

"See me..."  This quote was my undoing, this broke my heart and made me weep.  It's beautiful in it's simplicity, and seemed like an unattainable goal....

This story of Mati and Denton is absolutely breathtaking.  A slow burn that will make you want to jump in the flames and embrace it.

Their story spans decades.  Their story is o
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
L.B. Dunbar is the Queen of writing over 40 romances. I sometimes feel that I am not worthy of these sexy men that she gifts to us readers. I have to admit that I have loved the other books in the Silver Foxes series but Second Chance is my favorite so far ... I'm still hoping for more from this series.

Mati Rath made a choice 27 years ago, she married her best friend Chris even though her heart was split between their other best friend Denton Chance. Now, that Mati is a widow and is ready to ful
Kim Carter
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, over-40
Do you see me? Oh yes, Denton, I do see you....
I have been a big fan of L.B. Dunbar's over 40 series and I truly cannot get enough. I loved Mati & Denton's story in Second Chance. I enjoyed all the supporting characters, the town and the real feel of the story. Being over 40 myself, there aren't a lot of authors writing this genre the way L.B. Dunbar delivers. I know we are getting Delores' story next, but I have to say...I really want Billy...like really badly...
Elaine
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love theses book by LB Dubar, over 40 and having a second chance at love!!
Denton Chance has been in love with Mati since they where teenager's but he wanted to leave and he did without her! Now he has a second chance to make things right!
Will Mati and Denton's love for each other be enough or will Denton leave again without her?
 Mary~❤️~DBO
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-m, arc-dbo

★5 AMAZING Stars★

What draws me to read this book was the blurb. To my shame, I never heard or seen a book from this author and I'm so sorry about that. I promise I will rectify that. So this book was a first time read for me from this author. I have no words to describe what this book made me feel.

After I saw that the book is a second chance romance and a romance over 40 I panicked. But this was so much more than that. For me, it wasn't just a second chance romance, and about the age of 40...re
Bobo's Book Bank
SECOND CHANCE, like the title suggests, is a romance about a couple who are over 40, though I think anyone of any age can enjoy it!

Denton Chance was once best friends with only 2 people: Mati Harrington and Chris Rath. Denton and Chris both fell in love with Mati in high school but Denton gave her up to Chris and left their small town. He became a rockstar, a model and a photographer. But his Mama is dying and after almost 30 years of being gone, it's time for him to return home. Mati is recentl
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This really is a second chance romance, when we have Mati , Chris and Denton all best friends until Mati changes in all the right places and both boys fell in love with her.
As these happen with something story Mati married after getting pregnant with twin boys.
We fast forward and comes back to town because his mother is dying. Mati is now a widow and a man she secretly loved is back in town. At ripe old age of forty is secretly pleased his back and Ma
Monica Murphy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book...it has almost broken me. There are so many things about Denton and Mati that are a reflection of things that I am currently experiencing and feeling. I have teared up many times while reading their story. A great book does that to you.
Susan (susayq ~)
I absolutely adored this! The banter. The expectations. The flashbacks. The heartbreak. The love. The new beginnings. This hit all the right buttons for me and I am so glad I got to spend some time in this world.
Kathryn  CLiK Book Blog
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance - L B Dunbar
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I absolutely adore every wonderful story in the Silver Foxes - Love Over 40 Series by LB Dunbar and Second Chance is no exception.

The story of Denton, Chris and Mati is so touching and at times, a heartbreaking & emotional ride.

Three childhood friends who have a strong bond must navigate life and love but after 27 years away, Denton can only hope that his return to his childhood home will not bring with it painful memories and more heartbreak. He’s loved Mati
Bozica
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 ⭐

Thank you so much to Social Butterfly PR and Author LB Dunbar for the ARC.

I really enjoyed The Sex Education of Me by this author and wanted to read more in the Over 40 Romance Genre.

The very aptly name Second Chance is the 3rd stand alone in the Sexy Silver Foxes Series but my first.

I loved the premise of the book together with Mati and Denton. There were parts where this book was a real page turner and had me completely engaged and others where I was frustrated and lost interest.

I loved
t
Elizabeth Clinton
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you were given a Second Chance would you take it.
That is the question that is asked throughout Mati & Denton’s story. There is a lot of history between the two but there is also a lot of secrets also.
Their story is one that is heartwarming, heartbreaking and full of angst but it’s a story that you won’t want to miss. How many ups and downs can two people endure but when you feel that connection you can’t help wonder if it’s worth everything you believe in.
L.B Dunbar has given the over
Carrie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mati & Denton's story was a really tough read for me. There is a lot of history and heartbreak with their story, and quite a lot of ... angst. There are also a lot of secrets being kept throughout the story - not just between the two of them, but with Denton's family. And Denton & Mati are emotionally apart for (what felt like to me) a lot of the story. These things hampered me from fully enjoying their HEA, because I felt like... I wanted to read more of them together & happy.

Howeve
Gail Stroker
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD! L.B. has done it again! The emotions are so real between Denton & Mati! I thought I was in love with Tommy & then Hank but Denton! OH MY! Everything about this story was perfect! I can’t wait for the more to come with all the new characters we got to meet in this book! Thank you for another amazing book with characters over 40. You are the true ROCKSTAR in writing these books!
Beth
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
can't believe this is only my 2nd read from L.B. Dunbar ... being that i just turned 40 the past year ... & to the folks who think 40 is old?? u r cluess!! totally. i've never thought 40 was old ... all my family members have thankfully made it into their ninety!! so that is old ... age is but a number ... depends on the day, i guess??! i think we all want love ... no matter what age ... to feel loved, be loved and all that jazzness. I enjoy L.B. Dunbar's cover ... these dudes are hot ... no ...more
Debbie Dumke
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A review is supposed to be honest right? Well honestly there were times (many) when I was yelling at Mati & Denton … Screaming “How can you be so obtuse?” only to read the next chapter that was written from the other’s perspective and reminded this is one of the reasons I love this author, she not only pulls the reader into yelling at their kindle, she reminds us of our own human nature & tendencies. If you’re looking for roses & sugar plums, this isn’t your next read. This is story ...more
Marina Skinner
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

What a story! What a conundrum! Once best friends as young kids Denton and Mati see each other again after so much time has passed. Needless to say secrets abound, truths revealed. A long lost love returned??

So many feels, so much anger at what could have been. I think what I liked most about this story was how real the characters were, how emotional every one was in certain moments.
I really liked both Mati and Denton, their connection to the past, their staying for the moment in the r
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Sweet Southern Hearts (A Willow Hill Novel)
  • Sexy Beast (Single Dads Club, #3)
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • Save Me (O'Brien Family, #5)
  • When a Lord Needs a Lady
  • Hearts of Chaos (Deadglass, #3)
  • Sweet Life (Sugar Rush, #5)
  • A Man of Honor (Kingston Family, #2)
  • Mend the Seams (Buried Secrets, #3)
  • The Dom Games
  • Eight Ways to Ecstasy (Art of Passion, #2)
  • Bad for Her (Bad Boys Gone Good, #1)
  • Steal Away Home
  • Just One Taste (Oh Tequila, #2)
  • Acquisition 1-3: The Complete Series
  • Give Me You (Keep Me Still, #2)
  • Everything
L.B. Dunbar has been accused of having an over-active imagination. To her benefit, this imagination has created over twenty novels, including a small-town world (Sensations Collection), rock star mayhem (Legendary Rock Star series), MMA chaos (Paradise Stories), rom-com for the over forty (The Sex Education of M.E. and After Care), and a suspenseful island for redemption (The Island Duet). Her alt ...more

Sexy Silver Foxes (4 books)
  • After Care
  • Midlife Crisis
  • Restored Dreams
“Can you move on?” I ask…
“Everyone tells me it’s time,” she whispers.
“Time for what, Mati?”