Start by marking “Second Chance: a romance for the over 40” as Want to Read:
Second Chance: a romance for the over 40

Second Chance: a romance for the over 40

(Sexy Silver Foxes #4)

A sexy silver fox standalone romance for the over 40.

Her.
A widow at forty-four, her husband left her a letter.
Contact Denton.
Once upon a time, the three of them had been best friends.
Mati Rath isn’t sure she should look back.
Her heart isn’t ready, or so she thinks.

Him.
A pleading phone call forces him to make a decision.
I’ll be there.
Yet, he hasn’t been home in twenty-seve
Published January 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

Start your review of Second Chance: a romance for the over 40
Leslie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delicious treat of a book, full of depth, secrets, what-could-have-beens and what-it-is-now. I couldn’t put it down. Denton stole my heart because he’s kind of a rogue. Oh, and he’s smoking hot. Mati’s tough, smart, and full of lessons learned and heartache and a life well-lived and well-loved. There’s something about the weight of the lives of these characters that makes them real. Beautiful. Thoughtful. Tremendous. Second Chance poses so many questions, and then takes you on the journey for ...more
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

My now best friend Cora tells me I need to get back out there. I don’t know where there is—or where I’d go.

I’m not certain how to categorize what just happen. It was the best non-sex-sex I’ve ever had.

My Review:

I have adored this series and author but I struggled more than a bit with this installment as it was a full-on angst-fest with near constant conflict, neither of which will ever be among my favorite tropes. I seek an emotional balance in my world but find I am
Syndi
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh yes I will go for a road trip with Denton. He is such a sexy beast. Silver fox sexy. I bet he is is aging better with age. Now this book takes me by surprise. I love how the author sometimes give her audience something new.

This is a second change romance for seasoned characters. Amd their love story is not easy. Nor smooth. Somethimes they acting like teenager,sometimes they acting like adult.

I do love the chemistry, the banters and the push and pull. Miss Dunbar done a great job giving suc
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A standing ovation for LB to continuously break the romantic couple preset mold and write meaningful, real love stories about people over 40. It's a courageous achievement which in itself deserves acknowledgement and accolades.
Fantastic job LB and keep going, we need more authentic stories like this, with real day problems in real situations. It's so refreshing to see mature characters behaving in a sensible way.
If this story had a relationship status, it'd be - IT'S COMPLICATED!!!

description

“Seems com
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Wasn’t my fave of these books. But I still enjoyed it. And I’m looking forward to more from the author in her romance for the over 40 books to come.

I love reading YA, NA, Adult of all different genres. Including books centred around characters in their 40’s. I mean these books from Dunbar are hot, emotionally jam-packed/charged and filled with real life issues.

Really great/good reading.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Three childhood friends Denton, Chris and Mati grew up together and became fast friends with both boys eventually fell in love with Mati, truth be told she loved them both right back. One boy was a bit restless to see the world and the other had everything mapped out for his future.This lead to them becoming divided over the love between them while they were on their way across the bridge of adolescence.

Only of them got the girl and had the future with her that the other one always wanted, albe
Jultri
DNF 50%. So I picked this book, thinking that yes finally, we're getting more mature protagonists with grown up issues and slow-burn reconnection of two people with a shared past. What I got instead was an irresponsible man-whore who has not matured a day beyond 18, when he left town 27 years ago and never looked back until now. Unfortunately, the heroine is not much better, because there was none of the expected feelings of hesitancy and guilt (misguided that it might be) one would expect of a ...more
AJ
3 stars

I like a love story that features older characters – those that are supposedly more mature, and who have had a chance to experience life a bit and are at a different stage of their lives than characters in the majority of romance books. And in this case, we get a second chance-at-love story between two characters in their mid-40s with a whole lot of history.

“See me.”
“You’re all I see.”

This book is part of the Sexy Silver Foxes series. It can be read as a standalone, but be aware that
Laura Lee
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance: a romance for the over 40.
(Sexy Silver Foxes)
By: L.B. Dunbar
5 Stars

I absolutely LOVE the Sexy Silver Foxes! L.B. Dunbar has sure mastered the writing of romance books for the over 40. I enjoy reading about characters who have real life expectations, real life problems and how these issues are resolved with experiences that come naturally to me.

Growing up, Mati, Chris and Denton were inseparable. Best Friends always having each other’s back. When graduation comes, and Denton leaves
Karen
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved "AfterCare" written by this author. I love "over 40" romances and you rarely see them. There are usually grown children dynamics and second chance is a bigger factor. Makes it interesting.

He starts the book out rather alone. I felt the writing explained where he was in life on how he sets out to visit his mother on her death bed with a road trip by himself across the country.

Once in town he seems to slowly figure all the changes. His meeting with Mati and initial encounters were awkward
Alexandra
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's only January 11th and I think I already read one of my favorite books of 2019 😍

I don't know what to say without spoiling too much, but what I want to tell you is, that you don't want to miss any of L.B. Dunbars books. Her stories, especially her over 40 romance stories, are outstanding. In another review someone wrote: the queen of over 40 romance. And yes, she is!!!!

Mati, Chris and Denton are friends since childhood. But the last 27 years they were separated. Denton left to become a rocks
Sissy's Romance Book Review
SECOND CHANCE by L.B. Dunbar is the story of Denton Chance and Mati Rath. Denton, Mati and Chris were all best friends. But when graduation came Mati feelings was torn between the two men but then Denton up and left to peruse a career that took him away from them. Now all these years later, Mati is a widow after Chris dies but he left a something for Denton. So Mati goes forward to make contact with him and they both find that their feelings are still there...if not stronger.
Loved this second c
Coco.V
May 29, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/29/2020)! 🎁
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story was amazing just simply amazing! I love reading stories about older couples who get their second chances at love. Just because your older doesn't mean you can't have love and happiness. This story proved that in every way and I loved it.

We get to meet Mati whose husband has died and he leaves her a letter to contact their other best friend Denton and at first Mati isn't so sure she should do that because she is still not done mourning her husband but the more she looks at the letter t
Bibliophile  Chloe
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2019
I am declaring L.B. Dunbar the "Queen of Over 40 Romance"!! I just have to get a tiara and sash worthy of her!

Second Chance is a story in the Sexy Silver Foxes series.

"See me..."  This quote was my undoing, this broke my heart and made me weep.  It's beautiful in it's simplicity, and seemed like an unattainable goal....

This story of Mati and Denton is absolutely breathtaking.  A slow burn that will make you want to jump in the flames and embrace it.

Their story spans decades.  Their story is
Kim Carter
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, over-40
Do you see me? Oh yes, Denton, I do see you....
I have been a big fan of L.B. Dunbar's over 40 series and I truly cannot get enough. I loved Mati & Denton's story in Second Chance. I enjoyed all the supporting characters, the town and the real feel of the story. Being over 40 myself, there aren't a lot of authors writing this genre the way L.B. Dunbar delivers. I know we are getting Delores' story next, but I have to say...I really want Billy...like really badly...
Susan (susayq ~)
I absolutely adored this! The banter. The expectations. The flashbacks. The heartbreak. The love. The new beginnings. This hit all the right buttons for me and I am so glad I got to spend some time in this world.
 Mary~❤️~DBO
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-dbo, a-m

★5 AMAZING Stars★

What draws me to read this book was the blurb. To my shame, I never heard or seen a book from this author and I'm so sorry about that. I promise I will rectify that. So this book was a first time read for me from this author. I have no words to describe what this book made me feel.

After I saw that the book is a second chance romance and a romance over 40 I panicked. But this was so much more than that. For me, it wasn't just a second chance romance, and about the age of 40...re
Bobo's Book Bank
SECOND CHANCE, like the title suggests, is a romance about a couple who are over 40, though I think anyone of any age can enjoy it!

Denton Chance was once best friends with only 2 people: Mati Harrington and Chris Rath. Denton and Chris both fell in love with Mati in high school but Denton gave her up to Chris and left their small town. He became a rockstar, a model and a photographer. But his Mama is dying and after almost 30 years of being gone, it's time for him to return home. Mati is recentl
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This really is a second chance romance, when we have Mati , Chris and Denton all best friends until Mati changes in all the right places and both boys fell in love with her.
As these happen with something story Mati married after getting pregnant with twin boys.
We fast forward and comes back to town because his mother is dying. Mati is now a widow and a man she secretly loved is back in town. At ripe old age of forty is secretly pleased his back and Ma
Monica Murphy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book...it has almost broken me. There are so many things about Denton and Mati that are a reflection of things that I am currently experiencing and feeling. I have teared up many times while reading their story. A great book does that to you.
Elizabeth Clinton
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you were given a Second Chance would you take it.
That is the question that is asked throughout Mati & Denton’s story. There is a lot of history between the two but there is also a lot of secrets also.
Their story is one that is heartwarming, heartbreaking and full of angst but it’s a story that you won’t want to miss. How many ups and downs can two people endure but when you feel that connection you can’t help wonder if it’s worth everything you believe in.
L.B Dunbar has given the over fort
Bozica
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 ⭐️

Thank you so much to Social Butterfly PR and Author LB Dunbar for the ARC.

I really enjoyed The Sex Education of Me by this author and wanted to read more in the Over 40 Romance Genre.

The very aptly name Second Chance is the 3rd stand alone in the Sexy Silver Foxes Series but my first.

I loved the premise of the book together with Mati and Denton. There were parts where this book was a real page turner and had me completely engaged and others where I was frustrated and lost interest.

I loved
Carrie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mati & Denton's story was a really tough read for me. There is a lot of history and heartbreak with their story, and quite a lot of ... angst. There are also a lot of secrets being kept throughout the story - not just between the two of them, but with Denton's family. And Denton & Mati are emotionally apart for (what felt like to me) a lot of the story. These things hampered me from fully enjoying their HEA, because I felt like... I wanted to read more of them together & happy.

However! The writi
Gail Stroker
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD! L.B. has done it again! The emotions are so real between Denton & Mati! I thought I was in love with Tommy & then Hank but Denton! OH MY! Everything about this story was perfect! I can’t wait for the more to come with all the new characters we got to meet in this book! Thank you for another amazing book with characters over 40. You are the true ROCKSTAR in writing these books! ...more
Mac
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slow

Characters were almost childish.
No story flow. Seemed random writing.
Not for me.

The whole silver fox theme is interesting but this story had nothing to do with a silver fox. More of a aging rock star.
Crystal
I found Denton to be too much of a self- Centered jerk to enjoy this story of his quest to win his high school sweetheart after decades of living the high life away from his hometown.
Samantha Ortegon
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
L.B. Dunbar is the Queen of writing over 40 romances. I sometimes feel that I am not worthy of these sexy men that she gifts to us readers. I have to admit that I have loved the other books in the Silver Foxes series but Second Chance is my favorite so far ... I'm still hoping for more from this series.

Mati Rath made a choice 27 years ago, she married her best friend Chris even though her heart was split between their other best friend Denton Chance. Now, that Mati is a widow and is ready to ful
Luv_a_good_story
May 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
He was such jerk. He was so rude to her, I don't think there was a time when he told the truth, when he wasn't snarky or just plain rude. I couldn't stand him thru the book and just wanted to get this one done. What an asshole.
Sue
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I SEE YOU -- SEE ME! -- I absolutely loved this second chance romance about people who are no longer in their teens but who have unresolved issues from those days. Denton and Mati were the best of friends along with Mati's husband. The three amigos...they did everything together...until feelings changed. The death of Mati's husband and the failing health of Denton's mother bring them back together in the same town after nearly 30 years. There are secrets, there are deep hidden feelings, there ar ...more

• This Time Is Different
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • The Doctor Will See You (Pure Pleasure #1)
  • Plus One
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • Good Times (French Quarter Collection #4)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • After The Climb (River Rain, #1)
  • In My Heart (Sweetbriar Hearts #1)
  • The Athletic Trainer
Receive once-a-month updates and more with Love Notes: http://bit.ly/LoveNotesfromLBDunbar

L.B. Dunbar has an over-active imagination. To her benefit, such creativity has led to over thirty romance novels, including those offering a second chance at love over 40. Her signature works include the #sexysilverfoxes collection of mature males and feisty vixens ready for romance in their prime years. She

Sexy Silver Foxes (5 books)
  • After Care: a romance for the over 40