Start by marking “Silk and Thorne” as Want to Read:
Silk and Thorne

Silk and Thorne

Some promises are made to be broken.
Some memories are better left forgotten.
Some thorns are not meant to be touched.

What do I remember most about Ethan Thorne?
The stupid games we used to play.
His scrawny legs as he struggled to climb the old willow tree.
How we raced back to the dock from the middle of the lake on a hot summer day.

What does the world say about
Published November 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Silk and Thorne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silk and Thorne

Start your review of Silk and Thorne
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
This story was a great start and I can't wait to read more. The first 9 chapters really draw you into the characters and makes you want more.

Sierra (Nev) owns a flower shop with her best friend and is really banking on this high profile event to go on without a hitch. Oh and not running into the guest of honor.

Ethan Thorne is a business tycoon, and is ruthless in everything. It also doesn't hurt that he is a real looker.

This does end in a cliffhanger and I can't wait to read more to find out
Candy Briggs
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the first nine chapters. exciting, fun and anxious to see what happens, does he remember her?
Sierra (Nev), owns a flower shop, her best friend works for her so April can go to auditions. Ethan Thorne is a business tycoon, ruthless in business and an absolute looker.
I am first going to get my dislikes out of the way. I never read cliffhangers. I don't like having to live waiting for the next part. I don't even read excerpts.
That being said, I enjoyed the story, it was well written, easy
Roxs Reads
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a phenomenal introduction to an upcoming book and series. The ending left my jaw on the floor and I can't wait to see what's next for Ethan and Sierra.

In just a few short chapters, L.K. Rayne grabs your attention, introduces you to some very intriguing characters and sets the scene for an amazing book that I certainly want to read.

I believe this is a debut novel and it is clear to see it won't be her last.

UPDATE: BOOK 2, SATIN AND THORNE IS COMING OCTOBER 2019. Rereading book 1 to
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
This review is for the entire Thorne trilogy.

Although a little unclear as to how young they were when they played as children, Thorne and Sierra were best of friends. True, it was just one Summer they spent together, but the strength of their affection still lingers. They were supposed to run away together, but something happened and they never did go through it. Now they are both adults and just by sheer Fate, they meet again. The nevers, emotions, and the unforgettable time they shared is a
Mary Mooney
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sierra and her best friend April owns a flower shop and is working on a high profile charity event. They hope everything goes off without any problems. But when she literally runs into Ethan Thorne and spills water on him, she is mortified. She takes a minute to catch her breath but Ethan shows up on the balcony and wants her to buy him a drink to make up for spilling water on him. While April pushes her to go, Sierra doesn't want to go because he doesn't remember her at all.
Ethan Thorne is a
Cathy
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Short story

I was contacted by an email by the author and decided to give it a try on KU. I’m rating it a 3 1/2 stars. It wasn’t an awful book but it lacked some missed opportunity to the storyline. Ethan and Sierra were childhood friends and spent a great part together. They eventually grown apart as they grew older and their careers have them casually working around each other. For me, I would’ve liked to read Ethan’s POV throughout the chapters. Each character taking turns every other chapter
Elisa  Castro
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nev

Silk and Thorne is book one in the series Silk and Throne by author L.K. Rayne. WOW!!! JUST WOW!!
So when I decided to ride this book I really had no expectations- never heard of this author, just knew it was a
romance. Ok L.K. Rayne you are now on my radar- you are amazingly talented!!
The way you pull in your readers and hold them captive- takes talent.
From the first pages you get to know the one of the main characters - she’s sassy, funny and she feels real. I love that she has...... ok
Bewaji
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This story really grabbed my attention, because I just love the ‘friends from childhood’ on the cusp of love kind of story. I want to see what happens when Ethan sees Sierra for the first time. I was not disappointed. He made a beeline for her in no time. He was delayed here and there but he got to her. They left together after some introductions and mini socializing. They both were pretending ignorance of knowing each other. This is where I don’t get what happened next. Ethan left Sierra high ...more
Theresa Campbell
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I liked the beginning of what looks to be a trilogy. This is the first book that I've read from this author and part one and novella length. I liked the story of Ethan and Nev and this looks to be a good one when it's finished. The heroine is independent and successful and owns her own business. The hero is a billionaire and CEO of his own company that he built all on his own. I am curious as to what is really going on with this guy. Is he out for revenge or what? I'm not a fan of this type of ...more
Rosemary K
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sierra Kinsey still remembers the geek Ethan Thorne had been when she knew him fifteen years ago. Now he's well known and a very eligible bachelor. When the meet at The Conversation Fund benefit, Sierra can't take her eyes off him. The first encounter between these two is romantic. I felt the chemistry between them. I liked the characters. Sierra is sweet and humorous. I liked her interaction with her best friend, but Ethan was an enigma. He was charming and focused. At this point in the story, ...more
Johanna Sawyer
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ok I’m intrigued. This reads more like a serial and less like novella length as we barely brush the surface on who is Ethan Thorne to Sierra. I’m not one to ever grab a serial read since they’re not fleshed out like I want but this one was over before I realized.

What did I like? I need a friend like April...she was hilarious. Sierra though was a mess, from the beginning to end, she goes from one extreme to the other. It also ends on a cliffhanger so be warned.

Would I buy or recommend? If you
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Very quick read and intro into Sierra and Ethan. They spent some time together for a summer when they were younger and never got a goodbye. There's a lot of mystery into their lives 15 years ago as well as wonder if there is recognition on his part when they meet again at a fundraiser. He's definitely not the gangly boy from her past now. I love the way they dance around and toy with each other at the event. I enjoyed all the characters and their interactions. I'm really looking forward to ...more
Pamela Lunder
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to read and review this book for an author that I have never read before. I have found a new author to read! I loved this book! Sierra seems like a sweet person who is just trying to make a living but is also trying to avoid the man from her past. It doesn't seem to work out for her, the man from the past thing lol. I am looking forward to reading the next book to see what happens. This book gets you hooked right away and keeps you hooked. You have to see what is going to happen ...more
Margery Baker
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrific beginning!
This first book in the series begins with Sierra looking back at her summer with Ethan Thorne fifteen years earlier. She is a successful florist and is booked for the most elaborate events in LA, along with April her best friend. Although she has moved on, she still keeps tabs on his accomplishments. Compelling characters and story are brought to life with her talented writing.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
annette08
Interesting read.

I wish this was a full stand-alone and not a series. Ethan and Sierra were friends as children. Years have passed and. Ethan has developed into an intense, rich and very private man. Sierra wants to see if Ethan will remember her from childhood, but thinks not. Then things start moving very fast and Sierra is in for a big surprise. Give the book a try! You might just like it!
Dan
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those fond of short stories
Short stories offer readers a taste of what an author might have. They aren't meant to tell the whole story but rather to entice you to continue with the series or genre. L.K. Rayne has a good story to tell but is she willing to share the whole story? Sierra has fond memories of her childhood friend, Ethan and wonders what he might be like when she is asked to provide flowers for his fundraiser. Read the whole series to get a better idea of what the pair find out about themselves.
Kristin
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story has a lot of potential. I love a heroine who is independent and successful all on her own and this story has that. It also has a mysterious and sexy love interest. What I would have liked to see more of is more background in Thorne. He appears mysterious and like he has something to hide but so far we haven't seen anything worth hiding. I little more build up and tension around his background would have made this great.
Lisa Lawson
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two childhood friends grow up in very different worlds. Sierra became the owner of a flower shop. Ethan a Fortune 500 CEO. Fate has brought them back together for a night that could tie up loose ends from a summer Sierra can't forget. A well-written story that leaves you wanting more and a promising new series.
Nancy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow - what a great start! Sierra(Nev) and Ethan knew each other as kids. Fifteen years later Sierra’s flower shop is decorating a charity event that Ethan now a billionaire is attending. Their first encounter starts with a crash, but does Ethan recognized his childhood friend? The cliffhanger answers that and now I can’t want to find out more!
Krista Richardson
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good unexpected!

o this blind and I’m glad I did! It was short but sweet and enough to make me adore Sierra and April and crave more of Mr Thorne! I’m willing to keep on reading to figure out their story and what is up Mr Thornes sleeve and the journey Sierra is about to go in. So if you have patience, love romance and love to read, give it a shot!
Terri
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Silk and Thorne...

A short but nice read. I like some of the characters So far. The story ended weird and Thorne aggravated my spirit. I would of liked a bit more before the cliffhanger ending. Does he really know her? What was all the rolling around and then the crazy stop? Why he bothered with the next book? Cause I'm curious As hell.
Janice
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Review of Silk and Thorne by L.K. Rayne

Sierra and Ethan - 4 Stars

This was a totally new to me author and I have to say I thought her writing was well done. My only pet peeve is not knowing that it was going to end on a cliffhanger. Waiting for the next book to come out will be torture.

**********
**Honest review voluntarily provided from a Complimentary Copy**
Vanessa Vargas
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book

This book was a great introduction to what I hope is a great story. Once you start reading you'll be hooked in & once you reach the end you'll be getting book two to see what happens next.
Ashley Cestra
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read this author before! I really enjoyed the angle she took to tell the story. While I knew were the story was going from the beginning, it was nice to live in someone else’s world even if it was for an hour!
Zillah Raven
Fantastic Read

This story is absolutely amazing. Ethan and Sierra are wonderful characters. Her journey is one of adventure and nerves. I really love her. Oh and April is cute too. The writing and flow of this book is done well. I highly recommend this book.
Donna Brantley
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid start to a great book

Really enjoyed this brief look at OK Rayne's Silk and Thorne. While I'm not a fan of stories told in pieces, I want to keep reading this one.
Jackie Andrews
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thorne

I loved this book and I chose a four because it is really a good read and I can't wait to see what happens between them.
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting scene

This is a very quick, interesting read. The characters are quite quirky but would have been stronger with a little more background.
Stephanie Killen
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exciting

I can’t wait to see where this story goes! Can’t wait to see what finally happens between Ethan and Sierra.
Margaret
Jan 31, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #3)
  • Conceal
  • Lover (Betrothed #3)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
  • Dangerous Games
  • Breaking His Rules (The Office Affairs #2)
  • Eruption (The Hunted, #3)
  • Insatiable (Steel Brothers Saga #12)
  • Watch With Me
  • A Billionaire Rebel (The Holden Brothers #2)
  • Gabriel's Promise (Gabriel's Inferno, #4)
  • His Virgin Queen
  • Dear Ava
  • Jasmine
  • Blindsided
  • The Upside to Being Single
  • Devastated (Anger Management, #1)
  • Inappropriate