Start by marking “Chalk it up to Love (Aspen Ridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chalk it up to Love (Aspen Ridge, #1)

Chalk it up to Love

(Aspen Ridge #1)

Rediscover Aspen Ridge as Jill Haymaker starts a new series set in the small, Colorado mountain town of aspen Ridge.

When a new school year begins, all fourth grade teacher, ERIN MIDNIGHT, wants is to establish a new normal for herself and her ten year old son, Mark. Recently divorced, she struggles to cope with being a single mom. Fortunately, her hometown of A
Published November 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Chalk it up to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chalk it up to Love

Start your review of Chalk it up to Love (Aspen Ridge, #1)
Eric A. Davis
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review

I enjoy romance without smut, and this Author delivers. This is the 2nd series of books I have read and each have made me desire to go to the mountains for a little reprieve. The characters are great.
Penny Leidecker
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The single mom and the widower

Boyd and Erin meet at Peak Elementary. Erin is a single mom and Boyd is a widower. Erin thinks Boyd is Married because he still wears his wedding ring. It’s been eighteen months since Nancy’s death. Boyd and Erin grow closer the more time he spends with her and her son, Mark. What happens when Mark asks her to quit seeing Boyd? Grab your copy and enjoy a wonderful, emotional story.
Rogetwhi
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
If I was rating this book on just Boyd alone, it would be 5 stars!!! He was great! Erin and even to an extent Mark ruined the book for me! I’m sorry but I thought Boyd deserved better!🤷♀ ...more
Debra
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Chalk it up to Love

Boyd lost his wife in a car accident. Erin lost her husband to another younger woman. Both have gone through the grieving process. But are they ready for love? They both are teachers at the same school. Her son plays a big part in her decision making. He never had children and yet lives children. Can they make the leap to let the other become more than just friends? And what about her son? Is he ready for mom to be with someone not his dad?
Susan
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a welcoming read.

Another series from Ms. Haymaker is such great news. This book was written in the same compelling, heart warming story telling structure as her Peakview series. I cannot wait for book two. She has become a mastermind at wrapping past stories into a new one without falling into a " same plot " rut.
Kay
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Predictable, a bit boring.
Melinda Rone
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good!

This is a wonderful story. Ups and downs in a relationship with kids involved. Not a lot of drama! Just very heartwarming
Benita Anderson
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could they

A book worth the read. A newly divorced mom falls for a new teacher who lost his wife too early.
Kayltee
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story of family and love

I like it when I find a book with a wholesome storyline and a happy ending too. This one had both and a good family point too.
Royce Watson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy going

This love story is a little different. The characters don't spend half the book trying to find a reason not to love each other.
Beverly Kee
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great story!

Enjoyed this book, it was next to read about a older couple finding love! Loved the little dog too! The tree cutting part was a great reminder of my younger days!
Marilyn
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

well this book is the starting of a new series about people in a small town in the mountains of Colorado.
Mary E
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story

It was a story I hated to see end. Eating when you have children can be interesting and a challenge. I liked the way the author handled the situation.
Donna
Aug 05, 2019
Sherri Jones
Jun 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Cowboy's Fake Marriage (Clean Fake Relationship, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Last Rodeo (Men of the Marvell Ranch #1)
  • Currawong Creek (The Wild Australia Stories #2)
  • Falling For You (Sapphire Bay #1)
  • Homecoming (Sweet Hearts of Sweet Creek #1)
  • Twice Shy (The Power of Love, #1)
  • Falling for Alaska (Alaska Dream #1)
  • Her Pretend Billionaire Boyfriend (Clean Billionaire Romance #1)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Friend (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #1)
  • One Hundred Goodbyes (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 9)
  • One Hundred Secrets (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 10)
  • Taming The Texas Cowboy (Forever Texan, #1)
  • Fierce-Ella (The Fierce Five Series Book 5)
  • A Cowboy's Reunion (Family Ties, #1)
  • The Fire Inside (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #7)
  • A Price Worth Paying (Lean on Me #5)
  • My Best Mistake
  • Luke (The Hometown Heroes #1)
Jill Haymaker writes contemporary romances centered in her home state of Colorado. After growing up in Indiana and Ohio, she moved to Colorado and feel in love with the beautiful mountains. She writes about adventurous women and the rugged cowboys they fall in love with. She currently has six books available in her Peakview series. The latest book, Colorado Winter Moon was just released. Come home ...more

Aspen Ridge (5 books)
  • Safe to Love (Aspen Ridge, #2)
  • Come Home to Love (Aspen Ridge, #3)
  • Remember Christmas: It's never to late to fall in love (Aspen Ridge Series Book 4)
  • Ride into Love (Aspen Ridge Series Book 5)