Start by marking “Chalk it up to Love (Aspen Ridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chalk it up to Love (Aspen Ridge, #1)

Chalk it up to Love

(Aspen Ridge #1)

Rediscover Aspen Ridge as Jill Haymaker starts a new series set in the small, Colorado mountain town of aspen Ridge.

When a new school year begins, all fourth grade teacher, ERIN MIDNIGHT, wants is to establish a new normal for herself and her ten year old son, Mark. Recently divorced, she struggles to cope with being a single mom. Fortunately, her hometown of Aspen Ridge,
Published November 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Chalk it up to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chalk it up to Love

Start your review of Chalk it up to Love (Aspen Ridge, #1)
Eric A. Davis
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review

I enjoy romance without smut, and this Author delivers. This is the 2nd series of books I have read and each have made me desire to go to the mountains for a little reprieve. The characters are great.
Penny Leidecker
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The single mom and the widower

Boyd and Erin meet at Peak Elementary. Erin is a single mom and Boyd is a widower. Erin thinks Boyd is Married because he still wears his wedding ring. It’s been eighteen months since Nancy’s death. Boyd and Erin grow closer the more time he spends with her and her son, Mark. What happens when Mark asks her to quit seeing Boyd? Grab your copy and enjoy a wonderful, emotional story.
Rogetwhi
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
If I was rating this book on just Boyd alone, it would be 5 stars!!! He was great! Erin and even to an extent Mark ruined the book for me! I’m sorry but I thought Boyd deserved better!🤷‍♀️
Shannon Benjamin-Boote
This book would have gotten a warm, fuzzy 4 stars from me except for a few issues that I had that were compounded as the story progressed. Jill Haymaker is a good writer and the story was sweet and heartwarming. The thing that got me was the fatphobia and fat shaming that littered the female main character's, internal monologue through the entire book. It was annoying at first but by the end it just pissed me off. And let me just say, I am coming at this from a single mom, overweight perspective ...more
Prajakta Pradhan
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story

This is a beautiful second chance love story. It is so heartwarming to read a story where the characters behave so maturely. There's no unnecessary drama and madness. I loved how Mark intervened to ensure his mom's happiness. Byod and Erin both took it really calmly, putting Mark in the forefront, respecting him, and making him happy. And I loved that map in the end. It gives a nice perspective and a touch of reality to the whole setup.
Debra
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Chalk it up to Love

Boyd lost his wife in a car accident. Erin lost her husband to another younger woman. Both have gone through the grieving process. But are they ready for love? They both are teachers at the same school. Her son plays a big part in her decision making. He never had children and yet lives children. Can they make the leap to let the other become more than just friends? And what about her son? Is he ready for mom to be with someone not his dad?
Rosemary Hughes
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new school teacher causes a stir in the small community of Aspen Ridge.
Erin, who we met in one of the other Peakview episodes, when she had broken up with her trucker husband, and Jake, her brother helped her out. Well, Erin teaches at the same school, and from first encounter, there's attraction.
Well, you need to read what this new teacher is all about, and how affects Erin and her son Mark's lives.
A very good yarn.
Susan
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a welcoming read.

Another series from Ms. Haymaker is such great news. This book was written in the same compelling, heart warming story telling structure as her Peakview series. I cannot wait for book two. She has become a mastermind at wrapping past stories into a new one without falling into a " same plot " rut.
Charliegirl1
Jun 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Second chance at love

This is a decent story about second chance love between two mature main characters, one divorced and one widowed. It moves a little slow, but I like that it recognizes the issues that mature characters have to face in their relationships. There's not a lot of passion,but it's a solid story.
George
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent seasoned romance

Enjoyable romance between two school teachers. He is a widower, and she is divorced with a 10 year old son. The cautioned approach both take is understandable, as is the complications of a 10 year old boy
Bill Megenity
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable story

I liked the story very much. It was fun to read and the people are well worth knowing. All of her books have been enjoyable. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Kay
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Predictable, a bit boring.
Melinda Rone
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good!

This is a wonderful story. Ups and downs in a relationship with kids involved. Not a lot of drama! Just very heartwarming
Benita Anderson
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could they

A book worth the read. A newly divorced mom falls for a new teacher who lost his wife too early.
Kathryn Munsell
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed it.

This is well written and the story is developed in a good way. There was some laughter, some heartache and love.
sandy dunn
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aspen ridge

I love this new series, I have read every book in peakview series. The characters are wonderful and love story is amazing.
Kayltee
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story of family and love

I like it when I find a book with a wholesome storyline and a happy ending too. This one had both and a good family point too.
Janeiowa
Feb 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Very predictable.
Joyce Hartley
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This was a really good box, showing what a single mom goes through, especially keeping her child as #1 and her own future as #2.
Royce Watson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy going

This love story is a little different. The characters don't spend half the book trying to find a reason not to love each other.
Raquel
Jun 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It's a book where the girl that's no so "pretty" in her eyes gets the guy.
It's a story of a widower, and a single mom that find love one more time.
Beverly Kee
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great story!

Enjoyed this book, it was next to read about a older couple finding love! Loved the little dog too! The tree cutting part was a great reminder of my younger days!
Marilyn
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

well this book is the starting of a new series about people in a small town in the mountains of Colorado.
Mary E
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story

It was a story I hated to see end. Eating when you have children can be interesting and a challenge. I liked the way the author handled the situation.
Lorelei Frank
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Enjoyed the story of a single mom to one young son. Erin has low self esteem and finds it hard to believe someone would find her attractive.
Cathy Roberts
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun

I am enjoying all of Jill Hay makers books. So entertaining. I am into her second series and am delighted.
Debie Miller
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good

Love reading a good love story. The way the family looks out for one another. The subject's feelings brings the story to life.
EmilyReid
Jan 03, 2021
Cyndi
Jan 26, 2021
Shawn Sullivan
Jan 19, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Accidentally Matched (Alaska Matchmakers #1)
  • Falling for Alaska (Alaska Dream, #1)
  • Always (The Protectors, #3)
  • A Real Cowboy for Christmas (Wyoming Rebels, #6)
  • A Match Made in Ireland (Escape to Ireland, #1)
  • Humbling Her Cowboy (Miller Brothers of Texas #1)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Santa’s Secret Helpers #1)
  • Crazy About Alaska (Alaska Dream, #3)
  • Loving Alaska (Alaska Dream, #2)
  • Safe In His Arms (Life Unexpected #1)
  • Montana Promises (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #5)
  • Chasing Rainbows (Love in a Bottle, #1)
  • Her Second Chance Cowboy (Prairie Valley, #1)
  • Moose Be Love (Sunset Ridge, #1)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • One Hundred Lifetimes (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 7)
  • Pioneer Dream (The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga, #1)
  • Leader of the Pack (The Dogfather, #3)
Jill Haymaker writes contemporary romances centered in her home state of Colorado. After growing up in Indiana and Ohio, she moved to Colorado and feel in love with the beautiful mountains. She writes about adventurous women and the rugged cowboys they fall in love with. She currently has six books available in her Peakview series. The latest book, Colorado Winter Moon was just released. Come home ...more

Aspen Ridge (10 books)
  • Safe to Love (Aspen Ridge, #2)
  • Come Home to Love (Aspen Ridge, #3)
  • Remember Christmas (Aspen Ridge, #4)
  • Ride into Love (Aspen Ridge, #5)
  • Climb up to Love (Aspen Ridge, #6)
  • Run to Love (Aspen Ridge, #7)
  • Cut to Love (Aspen Ridge, #8)
  • An Aspen Ridge Christmas: Home for the Holidays (Aspen Ridge, #9)
  • Aspen Ridge Box Set: Books 1-3