Start by marking “The Duke of Kisses (The Untouchables, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Duke of Kisses (The Untouchables, #11)

The Duke of Kisses

(The Untouchables #11)

Frances Snowden can hardly believe her good fortune when she’s whisked away from her boring life by her sister who is now a duchess. Instead of becoming the third wife of her parents’ stuffy neighbor, she can be anything she wants: a doting aunt to her newborn niece, a debutante in London, or even an independent spinster. But when she meets and kisses a mysterious man on a ...more
Published November 27th 2018 by Darcy Burke Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Duke of Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke of Kisses

Barbara Rogers
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arc, iblog
Series: The League of Rogues #11
Publication Date: 11/27/2018

Word Candy! Pure unadulterated word candy is the best description for this book. The prologue is so very sweet and lovely - what a delightful way to meet your future! I believe David is my very favorite of the heroes so far. Why is he my favorite – well, there are a lot of reasons, but his complete, unequivocal and very vocal support of Fanny in every way is the biggest. Yes, his conscience troubled him about a promise he made to his fa
Maggie Whitworth
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
💋💋
The Earl Of St.Ives is such a sweetheart.
He’s thoughtful and kind , soft in heart, strong in Honour, the perfect hero for this book and for Fanny .
Their are so many obstacles in the way of their relationship, every time they overcome something, another replaces it , can they ever live happily together ?
I really enjoyed this book a great addition to the Untouchables series.
Can’t wait for more .
I received an advance copy of this book and chose to submit a review
Stacee
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it

I had read and enjoyed a couple of the previous books, so I was all in on this one.

I loved Fanny and David. They’re both good, loyal people who stand up for themselves and others. I loved their open communication and the banter between them. Of course there are glimpses of some of the characters from previous books and some of them were unknown to me. I just might have to go back.

Plot wise, there’s sort of a lot going on and that’s where I struggled. The decades old family feud didn’t
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love great writing like this. The Duke of Kisses is a wonderful Regency Romance story about David Langley Earl of St. Ives and Frances/Fanny Snowden sister to Ivy Duchess of Clare.

David and Fanny made a great couple any disagreements they had they settled by being honest about what was troubling them. I love it when couples work together to grown there relationship. There sexual attraction was from the very beginning when they met.

We get to re visit old characters from other Untou
Tracy Emro
Shelves: for-review

Frances "Fanny" Snowden met David Langley, Earl of St. Ives while staying at her sister's estate at Christmas. Neither is honest about their identity, he claims to be a steward and she a maid, but the attraction is real and when he walks her back to her sister's, they share a kiss.

Weeks later, they meet again, this time at a ball in London. David has come to town to assume his responsibilities of the earldom and is befriended by Anthony Colton, who convinces him to join him at the ball.
AnnMarie
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Duke of Kisses is the 11th book in The Untouchables series by Darcy Burke. It can easily be read as a standalone book. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, as I have enjoyed the others that I have read in the series, and as always I love how the Dukes get their nicknames. Duke of Desire, Duke of Kisses etc.

Frances (Fanny) Snowdon is the sister of a duchess, Ivy, and when life gets unbearable at home Fanny takes up Ivy's offer of living with them. During a walk where she finds herself lost she en
Sissy's Romance Book Review
THE DUKE OF KISSES by Darcy Burke is book 11 in The Untouchables Series. This is the story of David Langley, Earl of St. Ives and Frances 'Fanny' Snowden. I have read the previous books but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
David and Fanny met when she was a maid and he pretended to be a Steward. Fanny came into his life when he was sad about his father's death. David knew that nothing could come of their friendship because of the class differences. Frances's sister
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable entry into the series. I really liked Fanny and David’s story. I feel like I missed something at the end when talking about Sarah and Anthony although I am looking forward to sarah and Felix’s story.
Michelle Cunliffe
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in return for a review, all thoughts are my own.

I don't know about you dear readers, but for me I feel I have been waiting ages to read Fanny and David's book. So dear readers the wait is finally over, and can I just say that Ms Burke has done Fanny and David proud.

Right from the first page to last, I absolutely loved reading about Fanny and David, it all started at Christmas Eve 1817, while Fanny is out walking, when quite by chance she meets David, and acco
Beneath The Covers Blog
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Adria's Musings and Reviews

* A copy of this book was and provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review. All conclusions are my own responsibility and I was not compensated for this review.

The Story in 4 Sentences or Less: Thanks to her sister who is now a duchess, Frances Snowden has a future that doesn’t involve being forced to marry her parents’ neighbor, all she has to do is decide what she wants. Things get a tad complicated though when she
Glorimar Irizarry
Shelves: book-reviewed
Given ARC for honest review.

Darcy Burke has a way of making you fall in love with all of her Dukes! Frances and David's story is one that was too cute and funny.

Lori D
Another awesome addition to the Untouchables series! Anything can happen as Frances gets away from her uneventful life to spend time with her sister Ivy who married a Duke. Well something definitely happens when she meets David and they share a kiss. So isn't that wonderful? Each has pretended to be someone else, so when they meet again at a ball, their identities are revealed and yes, that initial attraction blooms! But David had promised his dying father to marry another man's daughter. He als ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Fanny and David's first encounter in the countryside was memorable, both had a very instant attraction to one another but both decided not to be completely honest with one another. Fate is a funny thing, because when it's meant to be it's meant to be, a few months past and the two interesting individuals happen to run into each other during the London season.

You ar
Janet
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frances (Franny) Snowden can hardly believe her good fortune when she’s whisked away from her life by her sister Ivy, who is now a duchess. Instead of becoming the third wife of her parents’ stuffy neighbour Mr Duckworth, she can be anything she wants: a doting aunt to her newborn niece, a debutante in London, or even an independent spinster. But when she meets and kisses a mysterious man on a walk in the countryside, she knows exactly what she desires—him.
David Langley, the new Earl of St. Ives
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Standing on the edge of tomorrow means finding a way through today. For Frances that begins with a fresh start and a chance to make choices that weren't available to her before. For David that chance lies in risking his entire future for a chance at happiness. The Duke of Kisses is a modern story set in a not so modern time. Burke picks a subject matter that we can all relate to, in order to make a point not easily forgotten. In a world where duty is everything, sometimes it pays to follow your ...more
Lana Birky
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Duke of Kisses is another winner from Darcy! David Langley, Earl of St. Ives has come in to the title suddenly after his father died from an infection. He doesn't enjoy London society, has never been a particularly good dancer but is handsome & wealthy. Frances (Fanny) Snowden has come to London to live with her sister, Ivy & her husband West to attend her first season & hopefully, find a husband.
David & Fanny meet accidentally when he was out walking & she became lost ch
Corinne
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What starts out as a fascination-at-first-sight story ends with a bit of a mystery regarding occurrences a generation earlier. There is good dose of humor and decent dialog in between.
I think this is one of my favorite in the series. It was a joy to read.
I read an advance copy and voluntarily post this review.
Monique
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Frances “Fanny” Snowden and David Langley had briefly met on Christmas Eve of the year 1817, and because of Frances’ kind heart and her clumsiness, Fanny and David ended up exchanging a kiss and not precisely telling the entire truth about who they really were. In April of the following year, David, Earl of St. Ives, has to familiarise himself with London society. He has made a couple of friends – Felix, the Earl of Ware, and Anthony Colton, a viscount’s son, who invite him to a ball; Anthony is ...more
Connie Fischer
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stour’s Edge, Suffolk England - December 1817

Frances (Fanny) Snowden is meandering through the countryside when she encounters a handsome man. It has just begun to snow and she realizes she might be lost. Fanny has been living with her sister, Ivy, who is married to West, the Duke of Clare.

The man Fanny has met calls himself David. Not ready to identify herself further, Fanny says she’s a housemaid and he says he’s an apprentice to a steward. They chat as he shows her the way back to her sister’
Brigitte
Shelves: 2018, arc, historical, romance
I have read some of the previous books in this series and loved them all, but this one is my favourite. It's charming, humourous, dramatic and so very romantic.

Frances, known as Fanny was rescued from her boring life with her parents by her long lost sister, Ivy. She now lives in the beautiful countryside of Suffolk and loves her new life.

David is the new Earl of St Ives. He loves the countryside and has a fascination for birds. He is slowly settling into his new role which came rather suddenly.
Becky
Shelves: arc, historical
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 11/27/18.

A sweet addition to the series!

I really liked Fanny and David's story. They were very sweet together, and how he got his unofficial title (the Duke of Kisses) was absolutely adorable. Her clumsiness added quite a few LOL moments, and it was so much fun to get glimpses into the future lives of past series characters along the way. I especially loved that she is Ivy's sister ( The Duke of Desire ); and that we find out a little more about their fami
Elodie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I have read a book by Darcy Burke, so I decided to take the opportunity with this new release.
But why books editors decided to release so many great authors new books on the same day?
What ever, it was a delightful read, I do adored both Fanny and David, they were good characters with fun personality and great loyalty but when faced with a dilemma, they take time to examine every options and are able to communicate.
Frances or Fanny is a kind of a klutz, she slaughters he
Niki
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
While walking through the countryside near her sister and brother-in-law's estate, Frances winds up kissing a mysterious stranger, who introduces himself as David, a steward's apprentice. Frances gives her first name only and claims to be a housemaid. Several months later, neither has forgotten the other or the kiss they shared, but both know nothing could ever be between them due to their differences in station. When David and Frances meet again in a London ballroom, they're each surprised by t ...more
Lisa Jackson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss Francis Snowden is the younger sister of a duchess. One day while staying with her sister, she wanders on their land and is surprised to meet a handsome young man named David. They talk, flirt, and their instant chemistry leads to a very special moment.
Months later they meet again in London, quite by accident, only to discover that neither was exactly forthcoming about their actual identities. Yet, their attraction still exists, in fact it has increased.
But David has his secrets and Francis
Lorena
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Duke of Kisses is the eleventh book in Darcy Burke's The Untouchables series of Regency romances. It is perfectly enjoyable as a standalone story, but it has clear connections to many of the other books in the series. I do recommend the entire series to fans of historical romance who don't mind sexually explicit content, including sex outside of wedlock.

This story is well-written and a fun diversion. I thought at first that it might be one of the quieter books in this series, but it turns ou
Andrea
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book #11 in the series The Untouchables, The Duke of Kisses can be read without knowledge of the previous books, although characters from a previous books: Ivy and Sebastian (The Duke of Desire, #4).
Frances Snowden now lives with her sister Ivy, the Duchess of Clare, and is very relieved to be there, away from a strict family. Wandering the fields of her new home, Frances comes across David Langley, the Earl of St. Ives. The two of them end up kissing (after an awkward moment, one of the first,
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story starts when David saves Fanny after she falls down a hill during a solo walk in the snow at Christmas. They kiss. Great meet-cute; end scene. Now it’s the Season. Fanny is in London with her sister, Ivy, and brother-in-law, West. [For their story, read The Duke of Desire which is one of my favorite Untouchables stories.] David is in Town to take his place in Society as the Earl of St. Ives. David meets Fanny again at a ball where they discover neither is what the other assumed when th ...more
Glittergirl
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Months after a chance meeting two strangers David Langley and Francis "Fanny" Snowden, are shocked to discover they are not a steward and housemaid each assumed the other to be when they shared a memorable kiss on a walk in the country. David is in London at his first social event as the new Earl of St. Ives. His father unexpectedly passed and he is totally unprepared to take his place in society. Fanny is enjoying her unexpected first "season" in London after leaving home to live with Ivy, her ...more
Brenda
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. They have all been enjoyable and this is one of the best to date.
This book is a bit of chocolate for the soul which I devoured in short order.

Frances meets David at the end of Ivy's story and that meeting is featured at the beginning of her book. They part each thinking the other a servant and a steward. They discover on their second encounter months later that is not the case.

How will this story proceed after each one discovers the truth of the other's identity?

This book is
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Removing a cover from a not-yet-published book 4 29 Nov 18, 2018 03:25AM
Darcy Burke is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy, emotional historical and contemporary romance. Darcy wrote her first book at age 11, a happily ever after about a swan addicted to magic and the female swan who loved him, with exceedingly poor illustrations. Join her Reader Club at http://www.darcyburke.com/readerclub.

A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her guit

The Untouchables (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Forbidden Duke (The Untouchables, #1)
  • The Duke of Daring (The Untouchables, #2)
  • The Duke of Deception (The Untouchables, #3)
  • The Duke of Desire (The Untouchables, #4)
  • The Duke of Defiance (The Untouchables, #5)
  • The Duke of Danger (The Untouchables, #6)
  • The Duke of Ice (The Untouchables, #7)
  • The Duke of Ruin (The Untouchables, #8)
  • The Duke of Lies (The Untouchables, #9)
  • The Duke of Seduction (The Untouchables, #10)