Start by marking “The Crux Anthology” as Want to Read:
The Crux Anthology

The Crux Anthology

Come on an adventure! Within these pages you'll find yourself battling with faeries against evil, waking on an unfamiliar planet, fighting for survival after an apocalypse, having the strangest conversation with aliens half your size, uncovering mysteries, opening doors to other dimensions, and so much more!

Edited & Compiled by YA author Rachael Ritchey, these short storie
Paperback, 1, 298 pages
Published November 26th 2018 by RR Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Crux Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crux Anthology

Start your review of The Crux Anthology
R.J. Rodda
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
What a ride. Personally I think the fun is spotting how each author was inspired by the cover in totally different ways. Comments on each story below.

Ealiverel Awakened

Written in lyrical, high fantasy language, this is a powerfully descriptive metaphysical story of both the inward and outward journey of Elspeth to become the Faery Shepherdess she is prophesied to be. The unicorn princess is my favorite.

The Blue Rose

An intriguing story of a quest to do the impossible and the cost of that. An in
Angie Thompson
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rating as I usually do for short story collections, by the rating of my favorite story (not including my own). ;)

Just a note right off the bat--I didn't read every story in this book. Because of personal convictions, I stay away from magical fantasy/sci-fi, so my not listing a story below isn't any reflection on the author, the story, or the style. Stories I stopped reading for other reasons are noted below. Now that that's out of the way, here are my thoughts. :)

Chosen for the Fox Dance - 4 sta
Audrey Driscoll
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This contest-based anthology is grouped around the theme of adventure as prompted by the picture on the cover. Most (but not all) of the stories recognizably incorporate the picture's elements – a youngish bearded man, a woman with white-blond hair, a white temple-like structure on a steep green hill, suggestions of a cave, and a hint of the supernatural. Beyond this, though, the stories range from magical fantasy to grim dystopia, and include humour, mystery, romance and tragedy. Most readers w ...more
Rachael Ritchey
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I would rate this book, but I published it, and one of the short stories is mine. So... that is that. Have a great day (e.g. enjoy a good book!) :)
Sally Poyzer
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you like fantasy, dystopian or sci-fi stories, you'll love this anthology. It really has something for everyone. The stories were all inspired by the cover and it's fun seeing how each author has created such different worlds from the one image! Some stories were more to my taste than others (but that's the joy of an anthology - you can pick and choose!), so I will just comment on those that particularly stood out to me:

Chosen for the Fox-dance by R.J. Rodda - Fantastic world building in such
Deb Whittam
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
First of all let me state that one of my stories is a part of this anthology but I will not be commenting on that.

So, this anthology contains a variety of stories in varying genres and I think this diversity makes it an enjoyable read. There is a bit of everything here and sure to be something that interests most readers.

Personally my favourites were The Blue Rose, which had a very unexpected twist, The BUSS Stop, which was really humorous, Daddy Forgot Water, which was a tad disturbing but for
Joy Rancatore
Nov 20, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Do you love stories that stick with you? That make you think? That get your heart racing? If so, this is the collection for you!

Follow 16 international authors on a journey through time, space and genre on the adventure of a lifetime. As diverse as the authors and their characters are, the theme of the cover and title carry through each and every tale.

I am proud to be part of such an incredible work of literature and anxious to share it with all our readers. You can bet if I were to rate this bo
Mikayla
I got half way through this and couldn't finish it. I thought this was something I would really like since it had such a variety of stories, but I ended up not liking any that I read. I even disliked the stories by authors I normally liked.
I'm not going to rant anymore. I can see where people who were more into fantasy would really like this but it was not my cup of tea.
R.J. Llewellyn
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Briar Shea
Jan 02, 2019
Gary Jefferies
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: anthologies
David Jesson
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kylie
Nov 11, 2018
Kelsey Atkins
Nov 12, 2018
Elizabeth Rawls
Nov 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Meagan Smith
May 07, 2019
Megan Lacourrege
May 31, 2019

• Doppelganger Smile
A Christian, wife, mom, writer, and book designer, Rachael focuses most of her energy on YA fantasy fiction (Check out Chronicles of the Twelve Realms), but you can find her dabbling in science fiction and contemporary genres too.

She has a passion for beautiful books, so book cover and interior design are high on her list of enjoyable hobbies.

She's boring and would rather talk about you and what

News & Interviews