Start by marking “That Wedding (That Boy, #2)” as Want to Read:
That Wedding (That Boy, #2)

That Wedding

(That Boy #2)

Marry the boy next door in this sweet contemporary romance by USA Today Best Selling Author, Jillian Dodd.

The gorgeous engagement ring on my finger mimics my happiness. I feel so sparkly, glittery, and full of promise, because I absolutely know he's that boy. The boy I want to marry. My prince. My happily ever after.

But then our pastor starts asking lots of questions. His
Published January 7th 2014 (first published February 10th 2012)

Start your review of That Wedding (That Boy, #2)
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
This book had me like
 photo CFAD1E8E-D225-402E-8420-70BD34BDBE0D_zpsp525ssus.gif
I wanted to shake some sense into Jadyn in this installment. Holy crap she pissed me off. Some of the things she did, I have no words. But over the course of this book, you see the relationship grow, mature, and it's fascinating.

I melted for Phillip, he's amazing, everything you want in a man. He accepted everything there was to Jadyn, all her flaws, all her downfalls, everything. He made me swoon. He deserved the Jadyn he got at the end of this book. I adored her, she
Jillian Dodd
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Have you ordered That Baby yet?? After a long wait, it's finally being delivered on August 10th!

That Baby:
Christy
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!
 photo 1927352c-6069-42e2-b233-9fd4ddd064ec_zpsf6aa109f.jpg

That Boy ends with an engagement... That Wedding picks up right where it leaves off.

Following Jaydn and Phillip’s engagement was just as fun, emotional and entertainment as the first book. Reading the book the first time was fabulous. Listening to it on audiobook was even better!

Phillip and J.J. are meant to be. It’s taken her a long time to see it, but these best friends belong together.

photo c94aad8b-5eb4-4351-b65e-0263a0932ff0_zps5292651f.jpg

Planning a wedding isn’t easy. In fact, it’s very stressful. Jaydn finds it to be
Beverly
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 I love this series Stars

Jaydn and Phillip are finally engaged, they have overcome their obstacles and are ready to spend the rest of their lives together. Oh if only it were that easy.

JJ has finally realized Philip is the guy for her, but she still has other issues she has never dealt with. That Wedding tells the story of Jaydn’s journey to her happily ever after with her prince. JJ is forced to finally deal with her parents deaths, planning her dream wedding, changing jobs, and moving.

Again
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
TBR Rank: This was book #112 from my TBR pile
4.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

I can’t wait to marry that boy. The boy I’ve loved my whole life. The boy who knows what a freak I am and who loves me in spite of it. I smile and walk slowly down the aisle, like I’m supposed to, and take his hands. When this is over, I’ll be his wife.

photo that wedding final pic1_zpsvwnzsjy0.jpg

She has the boy, he proposed, now what?!

In That Wedding Jadyn and That Boy prepare to make a HUGE commitment to one another. MARRIAGE!
Susanne
I loved this book. It is the follow up from "That Boy" and if you loved that this is a must read. This book was so good, but to me "That Boy" was one of the best books I ever read and this was "only" an amazing novel. Going a bit nerdy here I would speculate that this book has higher rating due to selection (that is only those who really liked That Boy continue on and read this one and they naturally adore this one as well).

This book starts immediately after "That Boy" finish and spans over
Belldandy
Dec 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who think American flag bikinis are the greatest thing since sliced bread
Recommended to Belldandy by: Jenn
Shelves: borrowed
So, I'd like to be able to rename this entire series to 'That Book I Want to Throw at the Wall Multiple Times When Reading,' but I doubt that that's going to happen. You all remember the happy couple, Jadyn and Phillip from 'That Boy' (If you managed to forget the most narcissistic character ever written after reading 'That Boy,' I congratulate you) and 'That Wedding' picks up from 'That Boy' as if it's gone to another chapter rather than a separate book, which works. What doesn't work is the ...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Photobucket

Jillian Dodd has completely knocked my socks off with this debut series. Just to think two weeks ago I didn't even know these books existed. Thank God they found me. That Wedding picks up immediately where That Boy left off. We finally get to see Phillip and JJ together in every sense of the word and boy are they "together", alot ;-)

Though I didn't think it were possible, I fell head over sockless heels in love with Phillip even more. In That Boy, he turned me into a pile of goo. In That
AJ
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Love is friendship gone mad”

I fell in love with best friends Jaydyn, Phillip and Danny in That Boy, and was so happy to finally get back to them with this book. The story picks up immediately after the ending of That Boy. Jaydyn (JJ) is now engaged to the boys she loves (in the interests of not spoiling the first book I’m not going to say to who), and is preparing to embark upon the next stage of her life – marriage. Starting with the perfect wedding.

Told entirely from JJ’s POV, we get up
Brenna
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reread, audible
“Love is friendship gone mad.”

Yay! I was so excited to jump into another adventure with Jayden, Phillip, Danny, and Lori! These are some of the most lovable characters ever. I always compare this series to watching your favorite movie or chick flick. That movie that you leave in your DVD player for weeks and replay it over and over. I have them in paperback and also on audiobook and have already listened to them both multiple times. It's like audiobook crack. Freaking hilarious!

**If you
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Just had another re-read of this, listened to the audio version. Love this series!

I just love EVERYTHING that Jillian Dodd writes so I knew I was going to love this after reading That Boy.

I love getting inside JJ's head and Jillian has created such an awesome character that I just wanna meet JJ for real and be her friend.

And Phillip baby is just so freaking damn adorably cute and hot. I love how much he loves JJ 'Princess', we all deserve to have a Phillip in our lives, he is the perfect guy :)

Eunice
Check out my interview with the author, Jillian Dodd on my blog and enter the giveaway for a chance to win a copy of this book! Book Overdose

First of all I'd like to say that I really enjoyed this book, not as much as the first one though, but still I had fun reading this. However there were parts that just made me quite annoyed and frustrated and I think I just can't really overlook them this time - but maybe that could just be me. Ha! The book still did a very good job on showing the
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
3.5 stars...Very sweet finish to a lovely story! Although I did enjoy That Boy more, I had fun following their journey through wedding plans, cold feet, couplescounseling, and finally-- resolution in That Wedding.

I was happy to see the transformation of JJ's character in the end and I enjoyed the concepts of the unbreakable bonds of friendship, and always stoping to smell the roses. Charming series!

Katy
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - I'm sorry Jillian, but I just didn't like this book as much as the first one, which I gave 5 stars hands down. Honestly, I didn't start really liking it until near the end. Disclaimer: The following review is not a "bashing" of the book, but a polite explanation of WHY I didn't love this book because I did, in fact, enjoy the book very much - just not nearly as much as the first one. (I know the review is long, but I promise I mention the good stuff toward the end.)

First of all, I
Lay
Feb 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So i am sorry but i was really disappointed with this book. i seriously LOVED the first one, but "that wedding" just wasnt for me.

While i normally am a person who finishes a book in one sitting, especially a sequel i have been looking forward to, it took me literally weeks to finish this one, because there were times i was just too bored to keep on reading. it got to a point, where i would download other books, finish them and then get back to "that wedding", which is something very unusual for
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
That Wedding by Jillian Dodd

5 stars!!

“To the nights you’ll never remember with the people you’ll never forget.”

That Wedding is the sequel to That Boy, whilst That Boy covered the 22 year life span of Jadyn, Phillip and Danny, this book covers just a few short months of hilarious wedding planning and “That Wedding”. It may be a few short months, but this book is packed, I absolutely loved it, I have laughed so much reading this book. Having not long got married myself I could really associate
LeAnn
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So there were things I liked about his book, and things I didn't like. I definitely liked That Boy way more than this book and I kinda of wish I hadn't read this book because it effects the way I feel about certain characters.

So here's what I liked:

1. Phillip. He's amazing, probably the sweetest fictional male character ever. He is so devoted to Jayden and always has been. He's definitely her knight in shining armor. However, I kind of thought he was a little too laid back at times when Jayden
Splage
4 1/2 stars

Fabulous sequel to That Boy. True to the form of the first book, it is written in diary style through the thoughts of the heroine, Jade/Jayden/Princess (Phillip's name for her) and she is as crazy as ever.

Although this one wasn't quite the emotional ride of the first one, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Where That Boy spanned 22 years, the whole life of Jayden James Reynolds and her two best friends, Phillip and Danny, That Wedding is basically just four months, the planning of the
Jessica's Book Review
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

That Wedding by Jillian Dodd is another out of the ball park book! I loved That Wedding even MORE then I did That Boy if that is even possible. The fact there is a third book coming out is getting me so excited! I wish it was 2013 already, can’t wait!

That Wedding stars with Jayden and Phillip (my favorite YA boyfriend) planning their wedding. I love how thoughtful Jayden becomes when planning her wedding and wants her parents to be there in
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: You want to be happy? READ this book!
Recommended to Michelle by: me, me, me! I'm so smart!
not available nook 02/12/2012

GOT IT --- did not have to wait at all --- HAPPY DANCIN'!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5 Stars

Okay, this may not be a 4 or 5 star read for everyone, but it was for me. How lucky to marry your best friend. I'm not talking about someone you've dated for a while and now consider your best friend and you get married. I'm talking about someone you've grown up with, shared all the teen angst with, gone to college and shared all the college craziness
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
OHMIGOSHH<3 :') This book was so cute and adorable and agrhh! Just the epitome of cuteness!
*happy tears* I want a husband like him :') I want a bestfriend-husband like him :') So effing cute! I wish the book had some epilogue. I hope that there is a That Boy #3 :D

The book was cute, the humor was amazing, the witty one lines were epic. I loved everything about the book except for that they was very little of Danny :(
Wtv, I'm off hunting for a guy like THAT BOY <3 hahaha

Me and Victoria have
Crystal Serowka
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It's over! I'm so sad that I've finished book. Truly, if I had it my way, there would be endless amounts of Jadyn, Phillip, and Danny. This series was perfect and I don't often say that about any book. It was a breath of fresh air to read a series that didn't center itself on drama, but indulged in things like love, friendship, and happiness.

I wanted to re-live my love for this series, so I made them a playlist.

Georgia
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLYYYYY OH MY GOD THIS WAS AMAZING I CANNOT FORM SENTENCES OMG THIS WAS SOOOO GOOOOOODDD! AHH I EVEN CRIED OMGGGG

----------------*After spaz attack*-------------------

That Wedding was holy crap amazing. I loved it so so so much! Ahh. It had me laughing, crying and everything in between. I cannot describe this awesomeness. I cannot praise Jillian Dodd enough. This was such a good book.

It’s been a while since I read That Boy, so I had totally forgotten how awesome it is to read Jillian Dodd’s
Serena (The Book Comedian)
Aug 01, 2013 marked it as too-boring-and-or-painful-to-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Before I start I have to say that I think That Boy was absolutely perfect and is a great stand alone book :)

I knew before I even started That Wedding it would not be as good as the first book, because what happens after two people have already become a couple and engaged!? no excitement and no angst, that's what happens. And I was right! this book is literally is all about the wedding. (which I guess is okay since it is called That Wedding)

One of the main things that bothered me was Phillip and
Linda
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A worthy sequel to That Boy.
I'm so happy right now I feel like I could spontaneously burst into song and twirl around in a circle with my arms stretched out wide. Like.. like, oh, like Maria from The Sound of Music! Like she did in the beginning, when she was on top of that mountain. I wanna do that right now. Be on top of that mountain and run around and just sing about this book. How happy it made me. How happy I am to have found this series and this amazing author. And how in love I am with
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Possibly my new favorite chic lit book. I was done with chic lit for the time being because I started getting into the paranormal romance and urban fantasy type books. But Jillian has brought me back into the contemporary romance once again. I need more books just like this. I was laughing, crying, and falling in love along with JJ. Such a beautiful written book and I was definitely emotionally attached to the story from the first book, That Boy.
JJ is so amazing along with Phillip. Everyone
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
4.5 Cold Feet Stars

Full review to come. Moving on to That Baby
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
Apr 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
This took me forever to finish.
Pros:
1) Phillip & Danny.
2)Danny telling the mc off the way I wanted to tell her off.
3)The cover actually ties into the story.
Cons:
Everything. Else.
This was painful to listen to. If I hand't been listening to this, I would've honestly never finished it. This made me rethink this entire relationship to the point where I hate that Phillip was marrying this child. Well she's not actually a child, but she acts worse than one and I was not about that. I don't
Jenn
Jillian Dodd has a knack for writing superb swoonworthy boys. Both Phillip and Danny are back in this sequel and are just as good, if not better, than they were in the original.

That Wedding picks ups right where That Boy left off. JJ and her prince have recently gotten engaged and it seems that everyone around them wants the wedding planned now. That, thrown in with obstacles such as couples counseling, exes, and not dealing with certain pasts, round out this story.

I'm not going to lie, for a
Morgan
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

Oh my goodness! Jillian Dodd is freaking awesome! I’m gonna move to wherever she lives and we are gonna be BFFs! My logic: Her characters are so realistic that she must pull some of her content from her real life. Therefore, she must resemble her characters in some way. Therefore, she must be the coolest person ever. Therefore, she is my new BFF. Jillian, I hope this news excites you as much as it excites me :)

That Boy (That Boy
YA Buddy Readers'...: That Wedding (That Boy #2) by Jillian Dodd ~ Starting March 20th 2015 13 10 Mar 22, 2015 02:44PM
That Baby 7 203 Aug 15, 2013 05:48AM
Win a Signed copy of That Boy 1 13 Jun 09, 2013 03:50PM

• Breaker
  • The Real Deal (Dublin Nights, #3)
  • Enemies
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Friend (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #1)
  • In Case You Didn't Know (Magnolia Sound #3)
  • Waiting for the Sun (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #2)
  • Baby's Daddy
  • My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • On the Line (Dublin Nights, #2)
  • Admit You Want Me (Lone Star Lovers, #1)
  • The Lineup
  • Finding the Way Back (Stealth Ops #5)
  • Lie with Me (Lone Star Lovers, #3)
  • Best Friend's Boyfriend (Be My Boyfriend Book 2)
  • Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)
  • All That's Been Said (The Carlington Twins Duet, #2)
  • Kiss Me Like You Missed Me (Lone Star Lovers, #2)
  • Snowed in With the Rancher
Jillian is a USA TODAY bestselling author who writes fun romance novels with characters her readers fall in love with--from the boy next door in the That Boy trilogy, to the daughter of a famous actress in The Keatyn Chronicles, to a kick-ass young assassin in the Spy Girl series. Jillian's books have enthralled more than two million readers since she burst onto the indie scene in 2011.

She lives

That Boy (5 books)
  • That Boy (That Boy, #1)
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • That Divorce (That Boy, #4)
  • That Ring (That Boy, #5)
“Love is friendship gone mad.” 178 likes
“No boy is worth your tears, but once you find the one that is, he won't make you cry.” 73 likes