Start by marking “As You Were (Rising Star, #2)” as Want to Read:
As You Were (Rising Star, #2)

As You Were

(Rising Star #2)

They say love is beautiful.

They lie.

Love is a dark, broken man with whiskey-colored eyes. Love is knowing he will never return my feelings. It is the final chord of a guitar riff as it bleeds into silence.

Love is Zeke Danton.

I convinced myself I needed him. I thought there was no one better to record my debut album with…

I was wrong.

Encased in layers of ice, he wears
Published December 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about As You Were, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As You Were

Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
This is only my second read from this author and I am hooked. Into my 2018 Favourites - this is Rockstar done right!

You don't get much growlier than Zeke the HAF music producer. The grump with a soft interior - just like a yummy chocolate! I have serious love/lust for this guy and Willow is the perfect gentle, somewhat flighty soul who balances him out. Their attraction is unavoidable.

"Baby girl, you’ve got mistake written all over you"

This one has a delicious slow burn kind of feel to it, whil
Na
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I've always loved storms, and this man is a storm personified."

Wow, just WOW. As You Were was my first book by Lee Piper and oh dear, it flashed me. Bright and clear. I just couldn't put it down and I really tried. But I kept saying "one more chapter" and "only 10 more minutes". This happened until I turned the very last page at 3am.

"It's like he's starving, yet knows one taste will be the cataclysm for chaos and ruin."

Zeke is the perfect hot, broody, closed off, branded guy with a cha
Ari
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it

First Lee Piper book. Not bad. Not bad at all eh.

Full review to come.
Ri
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I first discovered this author earlier this year and I am grateful because she writes words that speak to my soul. She doesn't follow the typical approach in her writing which considering this is a romance about the music industry that speaks volumes. Having read Lie to Me, the first book in this series, I wasn't sure anyone could come between me and my love of Shiloh and Reid. I was wrong. SO VERY WRONG.

Willow. Sweet holy Hades (taking a cue from the author here). This girl is something special
Vanessa (nessreads)
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 "Siren" Stars

LEE PIPER, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME??? Since reading Lie to Me I needed and craved Zeke's book. I desperately had to know his story. And boy, I was not disappointed. His book was so worth the wait.

To say that I fell so utterly hard for Zeke would be an understatement. That grouchy and angry mountain of a man captured my heart. There was so much more to him than what he let people see. He was guarded, but had every right to be af
Helen Altafulla
LEE PIPER!!!!
What have you done to me, again?!
I’ve been craving and dying for Zeke and Willow since the ending of Lie to Me, and I’m so happy to inform that the wait was DEFINITELY WORTH IT!

Gaaahhhh, I can’t believe this is only the second book this author has released.
This woman really knows how to write rockstar novels. And, honestly, it’s one of the tropes I least read about. Don’t ask me why. I honestly have no idea. They just don’t call to me as other tropes.
But, nope... Lee Piper is a
Sarah N
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is sinfully good! In this steamy standalone from the Rising Star series. author Lee Piper gives both a slow burn coupled with an instant connection/whirlwind romance.

Willow is an eclectic, up and coming guitarist, who gives all of her focus to two things - her music and her ailing mother. She wants nothing more than to see her band gain success and care for her mothers needs. That is until she meets the dark and brooding Zeke - the man producing she's depending on to produce a killer a
Alexandra
4.5⭐

This is book 2 in The Rising Star series and it's the story about Willow and Zeke.

From the first chapter I was hooked with the tension, and not only the sexual one, between Willow and Zeke. My first impression of Zeke: asshole!!!! He's really not the nice kind of guy but even though he behaves like an animal you don't have a chance - no chance of not falling in love with him while reading this book.

Blink.
Silence.
Growl.

God, he's killing me 😍😂.

And that's exactly Willows problem. She doesn't w
Carolina León
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not surprised Lee nailed it AGAIN. Although I would be in shock if I hear someone saying they've never heard of her before lol.

God!!! the woman IS A TRULY ROCKSTAR! 🎸She came to this world to make us pour our hearts out every time we meet her Alpha males.😉

From the very first pages of the book, I knew I would find GOLD in the form of words.
I don't like to get into the story itself because the element of surprise wouldn't be the same but I will say that Lee's writing was more impressive this
Paula D
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought the first book was amazing, well this one blew it away! Willow is one amazing guitarist but her mind is on her mom and on Zeke constantly. Zeke is one grumpy alpha man that has very few words but just looking into his eyes you know everything. The chemistry is so hot between Willow and Zeke they could melt a candle. But can Willow risk it all and maybe lose everything? Definitely a page turning book that made me fall head over heels for Zeke! Perfect rockstar romance that makes ya swoo ...more
Lozzie
"I've always loved storms, and this man is a storm personified."

GAH!!!! I AM IN SO MUCH FREAKING LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!!

As You Were by Lee Piper is officially my new favourite book of hers, and I mean, Lie To Me was awesome, because, you know... Reid, but Zeke! I’m in heaven just thinking about moody, broody, sexy, alpha Zeke.

If you need just one reason to read this book, I can sum it up in one word: Zeke. Or maybe in three... ZEKE FREAKING DANTON!!!

I just loved this story so much. It was heartfe
Lisa
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by Lee Piper. I have not read book #1, but this can be read as a standalone.

"I've always loved storms, and this man is a storm personified."

Just a few days ago, I was telling a friend that I thought I was done reading romance. I was done with insta-love and moody guys treating the female badly at first. I was done with everyone having walls, a mile high, and a misunderstanding causing a huge headache for the characters. Then I read 'As You Were' and realized.... I'm a li
Kelly Green
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Erin Scorpio
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome follow up to the first in the series Lie To Me. Another awesome cover as well. Even if I hadn't read Lee's work before this cover alone would draw me in. It's what drew me to Lie To me. As You Were continues where Lie To Me left off following Reid,Willow and Drake as the begin their intro into the music world. Winning the Rising Star contest they were given a recording contract, with one of the best producers in the business. Zeke is intense and brooding to say the least.

Willow is spiri
Christine
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this book!!! After finishing Lie to Me, I knew it would be fantastic, but it exceeded all my expectations as it is one of my favorite stories of the year!

It's a bit of a slow-burn between Willow and Zeke from the start, but there was a magnet that kept pulling them together, no matter how hard they tried to fight it. And if you want to see some sexual tension and chemistry that is ah-mazing, you will get it with these two. Seriously, I can't get over how delicious Zeke is in
Cheryl Whitty
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on http://bookaddict.blog,
Wow when Willow meets the famous music director when she turns up to record the first album. Zeke is nothing like any man she met before.
He works them hard and she feel he is picking on her, mixed in with more sexual heat Wil has ever felt. Deep down his very kind to her and looks after when she is ill. This is heavy on passion and an almost insta love and the deep connection between them. Unfortunately, his Toxic ex-wife pokes her nose in. The story is told fr
Irma
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beside me, Zeke’s hands curl into fists. For a long moment, we stare at each other, the standoff growing, building, morphing into a tangible being. Heat and annoyance war on his face. I’m transfixed by the interplay—couldn’t look away if I tried.

My first book by Lee and I loved it! I'm honestly thinking of reading the first book from this series asap! I've met the couple from the first book and I really liked them.

Let's not forget this couple though: Zeke - the caveman. And man, was he hot! And
Kylee
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As You Were is my first book by Lee Piper and can I tell you, if it is heat, steam and a whole lot of hot damn you are after, then this is the series for you. Zeke and Willows story is one surrounded by a storm, encased in chaos and one driven by an undeniable force. Their attraction is instant, it is a like a summer storm brewing hard and fast with so much electrical current in the air. This rock romance is one that will hold you captive, the feelings and emotions will be like a crescendo but t ...more
Suny Oliva
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Willow is an eccentric guitarist whose mind is in the music up to she meet Zeke. On the other hand, Zeke is her music producer who in a way is like a chocolate hard on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside. Willow is doing her best to focus on getting to the top but between Zeke’s arrogant attitude and her mom being sick, it’s more than difficult to focus. I ,personally, loved the slow burn between both characters, and sex part is really hot. Love to see both of them get closer together e ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 PLATINUM STARS!! As You Were went platinum for me!! This is one of the best rocker romance books I have ever read. Zeke....I have no words for this fine man....he is every woman's dream. Willow and Zeke are dying to tell you their story, so sit back and enjoy what they have to say. This story has all the feels and so beautifully written, I loved every word. Lee Piper is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Do yourself a favor and download this book.
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
description

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Absolutely Amazing!!! can I give it extra stars?!?!Before I begin my review of As You Were, I just need to take a moment to appreciate the gorgeous cover that Lee Piper choose to represent Zeke and Willow’s romance. It’s absolutely stunning. I love the colors, how unique it is, and how attention grabbing it is! It represents the story excellently. Bravo, Lee Piper!

“Give me your storm, Zeke. All of it. Don’t tame the chaos. Don’t suppress who you are.”

I love stumbling across new
LianaReads blog
Holly how!!!! Where do I start?
What have I read ? The most perfect couple in the rock music scene !!!
Willow , an amazing young woman that believes in life and yoga and meditation ,cristal healing and herbal tea are the answer to a happy life and a way to find peace in a storm that life brings along.
Zeke is a broken man that wants to keep his heart and feelings away from everyone as he has suffered before and because of that he won't allow anyone to have his heart broken and is building a shield
Rumi
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book last night, and I’m still thinking about this story today. I was not prepared for this couple and their smoking-hot chemistry. Like, whoa. And I can’t believe this is Lee Piper’s second release EVER, and my first read of hers. Note to self: rectify this situation. Right. Ducking. Now.

I love a good rock star romance – it’s one of my all-time favourite tropes to read – and, boy, did As You Were deliver. I didn’t know what to expect, but it’s safe to say I was pleasantly surpr
Andrea
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a story!!! I am almost at a loss for words... again….!
As book one in this series already was epic I don’t know what to call this book. It’s epic, too, but also so much more….
I felt every raw emotion, both Willow’s and Zeke’s, deep in my core like it were my own feelings Ms. Piper described…
I was torn into pieces while learning about the protagonists’ earlier life experiences… both already had to shoulder so much pain and worries…
I cheered for them when they decided to see where their c
Meredith Wilson
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Lee Piper's Rising Star series, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on As You Were. Gawd! This book was even better than the last one. It is pure rock star romance perfection! Willow and Zeke's story was full of heart, humor and heat. It had me hooked from the very first page.

Zeke. The music producer. He is big, grumpy, demanding, possessive and oh so sexy! The way that he talks to Willow and dominates in the bedroom is just fiery hot. Gawd, he will melt your panties right off.
MJ Symmonds
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Sweet merciful Aphrodite. The stars align, the moon is full, and celestial beings weep with joy."

More, more, more. I demand more!!!!

Seriously this book is the whole deal, the whole enchilada if you will but damnit once I got to the end I just wanted so much more from their story. Yes I have made up what else I think they deserve but man if Lee announces a follow up I'd be on that like Zeke was on Willow. And let me tell you when the grumpy man finally gives in it is outta this world HOT! HOT!
Tina
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lee Piper you sure know how to write a great rocker romance! As You Were has everything you would want in a great story. You have the dirty talking alpha male who is deep down has a heart of gold; an aspiring guitarist who along with her band are recording their debut album. A recipe for a some drama, back and forth banter that would make you swoon, about finding that one person that calms your inner storm and allows you to believe that anything is possible.
From the start of this book the Chemis
ROBIN RUIZ
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Willow loves a good storm and Zeke is a storm to be reckoned with!
Tough as nails, closed off and a regular grump is the hottest music producer Zeke , and he just happens to be producing Willows first album.
Willow with her crystals, yoga, auras and teas is nothing that Zeke is used too. When they too finally get together it is an all out storm!

I loved Willow and loved the relationship she has with her mom, who is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s!
Zeke surprised me , there were many many layers to him
Katy Patton
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this a million stars I would!! I freaking loved this book I mean Zeke Danton wow I mean wow he is the definition of a brooding alpha asshole but you cant help but love him! And Willow she is this strong willed, spiritual, and talented woman! Those two are just a perfect couple!! I love this series I loved Shiloh and Reid they were perfect for eachother and then you get Zeke and Willow and my jaw hits the floor! Zeke's story was also touching and also Willows as well! I just loved ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lee Piper is a lover of books. She often juggles reading seven novels at a time for the sheer joy of it. When not writing, she is either reading, at the beach, or eating her body weight in chocolate.

Connect with Lee Piper:
Email: leepiperauthor@gmail.com
Website: www.leepiperauthor.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/leepiperauthor/
Lee's Pipers: https://bit.ly/2HEpu3G
Newsletter: http://eepurl

Rising Star (2 books)
  • Lie to Me (Rising Star, #1)