Start by marking “That Hollister Man (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
That Hollister Man (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #1)

That Hollister Man

(Sweet Grass - Montana Romance #1)

“You’re wasting your time with that one. Got his heart broke. Nothing and no one will ever fix it.”

Compelled to leave Boston as a means of saving her teenage brother—the only family she has—from a life of crime, Sage Dolan gladly accepts the serendipitous opportunity to purchase a small ranch and a restaurant in the rural community of Hollister, Montana.

Sage’s eagerness to
Published November 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about That Hollister Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Hollister Man

Start your review of That Hollister Man (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #1)
Coco.V
Nov 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/12/2019)! 🎁
Janeiowa
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Margaret Desmond, but it won’t be my last. She writes a great storyline, creates believable and likable characters. For those who care about such things, this is a “clean” HEA...kissing is as sexual as it gets.

As always, I wish for an epilogue...but it’s not to be. 🤓 It’s still a 5 ⭐️ for me.
Darlingem
What a beautiful, sweet, ROMANTIC start to a new series!
I want to go to Hollister, Montana this winter and take a sleigh ride!

description

As usual with Ms. Desmond's writing, I was pulled in from the very first page, and I didn't put the book down until the last sentence. She really has a gift for writing captivating scenery and characters. As this is the first in a series, many characters are introduced but never in way that becomes too distracting or takes away from the tension between the two main c
Sharon Grow
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sage Dolan and her younger brother moved in with their grandfather, Frank, after the death of her parents. Frank has urged Sage to follow her dream of owning her own restaurant and after he passes, he leaves her financially able to do so. She has been corresponding with a group of bloggers called “Sweetie Pies” and she falls in love with the stories told by Gigi Renard about her life in Hollister, Montana. Gigi offers to sell her small ranch and restaurant to Sage and when a gang begins to targe ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written story with vivid details. As you read you can see how it unfolds in your mind set. Sage and her brother moves in with her grandfather after the death of their parents. Frank encourages Sage to follow through on her dreams. When he dies he leaves her in a financial position to do so and when the gangs start targeting her brother it becomes a no brainer to make the move. The move to purchasing a ranch and restaurant allows her to meet Spence. They make a profound connection ...more
Delacey
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc
I enjoyed this story that has some nice Christmas scenes, and is sweet and clean romance. The supporting characters were good and I liked the H&h, though I didn't feel like I knew the H Spence very well, I'm debating with myself if the book would have benefited from having his POV in the book and I'm on the fence - his perspective would have given a better feel for him as a person, but some of the tension that's created from not knowing what he's thinking would have been gone. Some of the confli ...more
Garth Mailman
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sage moves with her 15-year-old brother Danny from Southie, Boston to Hollister, Montana to take over a small restaurant and a postage stamp sized ranch surrounded on three sides by the neighbouring Bar H. When Danny meets his 6 4 neighbour Spence his jaw drops through the floor at the sight of his first rip roarin cowboy, pardon me, rancher who arrived on his horse.

It takes a community to raise a family and Hollister takes that responsibility very seriously. There are a few rather hot make-out
Robin
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This clean romance read was unlike many I've picked up lately. In that respect I enjoyed the book immensely. I enjoyed the descriptions of the scenery. I've never been to Montana, but I can imagine, simply by the author's description, that it's a beautiful place. I can also promise you that unless God pushes me with His finger, I won't be living there. I've never been through such wintery conditions in my life, having lived all of it in the most southern of the states.
I liked both the hero and
Jean Holtof
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable read. I like Margaret Desmond's writing style, it is very easy to read and flows well. A good story line of a young woman, Sage Dolan and her brother Danny, moving to Montana, firstly to fulfill a dream of their father and secondly to remove Danny from the influence of The Finnegans in Boston. I enjoyed the relationship Sage has with the Sweetie Pies on the internet, very contemporary. Spence, that Hollister man, sounds like someone I would love to meet and share some time with ...more
Brandi
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet, clean story.
Sage has moved her and her brother Danny to a Montana to follow her father's dream and to get Danny away from some trouble back in Boston.
When Sage meets Spence it was an instant connection. But he is set that he won't let anyone get close to him since his wife died.
Sage has dealt with her share of death and doesn't believe in holding back.
Plus, there's the matter if him trying to buy the land she has just made her home and his daughter who isn't used sharing her father's at
Denise Schenk
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Sage moves to Montana to get her brother out of Boston. Their parents and grandfather are deceased and she is raising a teenage. Gigi sold her ranch and restaurant to Sage and moved without telling anyone in town. That Hollister man shows up at the ranch and takes Sage's breath away. He thought that he had an agree with Gigi to buy the ranch. He has been a widow for 10 years and has no interest in women.
I just loved this book. I have already downloaded the next book.
Beverly Kee
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story!

I am a sucked for a good western style romance and this one is captivating! Loved the reference to Zane Grey's books too! The only thing wrong is he was talking about the sage brush in Arizona and parts of California, which have purple blooms in May and June most years, so the range really is a smoky purple! There is nothing like sage in the distance when the wind blows! Just found this author and really enjoyed both books I have read so far!
Ashley
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
While the two if then did not get off to a great start I knew there was a connection. He was such a sweet man and he loved to make her get all frazzled. Once they finally got their feelings sorted out there was nothing stopping these two. She was great handling his daughter and I knew things would turn out OK.
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Kimkbries
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sage moved to Montana to save her brother from trouble. Hoping to start a new life. What she found was a town full of friends and a guy who frustrated her. Spence did not want a woman so why can’t he resist Sage? I thought everything was sweet about this story. I enjoyed how everyone in the town became family and the story between Spence and Sage.
Taralee
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A joy to read!

I have become quite a fan of Margaret Desmond and her books! She has a great writing style, she keeps it clean, and her books have me anxiously turning each page. I love her characters and how well I get to know them. There's also something about her descriptions that make me want to be in the communities she writes about. :)
Ashley Lavering
Sweet romance

In this clean sweet romance there were a lot of fun moments between the two love interests. There were also sweet moments that melted your heart. There was also I lot of very slow and dry moments that added little to the overall story. Because of this I didn't give the story 4 stars.
Tracey Tranter
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The back story in the first two chapters are very descriptive but persevere and you will be glad you did.

This is a great slow-burn well written love story. It is a heart-warming read.

An enjoyable read

This was an ARC copy from Hidden Gems and this is my honest review.
Barbara
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Sweet Grass - Montana Romance series and I know I want to read more in this series. The story made you feel like you where there watching it unfold. I received a copy from Hidden Gems and I am voluntarily reviewing it.
MoonGarden
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**siiiigh** I completely loved it!
Sage's story is sad and joyful and beautiful... Much like real life. I loved how very real these characters and situations feel.

I read an arc copy and have left my honest opinion.
Kathy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This delightful, heart warming story is well written with GREAT characters. I love the town of Hollister and its' quirky characters. This is a new author to me and I will definitely look for the rest of this series. WONDERFUL!
Susan Carroll
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone comes back for the pie at Gigi's

Fabulous story of resilience in the face of tragedy, family support, and sweet romance. Wonderful characters with an original plot line. The small town is great, and the rancher is tall, dark and a gentleman.
Pat
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The great character and storyline development kept me totally engaged throughout the entire book! I look forward to reading more from this author in the future!
PLP
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very romantic book!

Be still my beating heart! I'm ready to move to Montana!

Great plot and great characters. This is a book I would definitely read again.
Michele Carroccia
This is a great book for those who enjoy a good story, well told, that is clean and leaves the reader happy. I search for books like this and am so glad to find Maggie Desmond. Please keep writing.
charmaine White
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

A really nice romance with a little action thrown in.One of those stories that holds your interest and keeps you coming back for more.
Kelly Crowley
The book was to simple and pretty damn boring. There was nothing to it but predictably. Try for originality.
Pia Kroyer
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

Love love love Margaret Desmond’s style of writing. That Hollister Man was my introduction to her and she left a great first impression! Highly recommend this author.
Vivian Cornejo willis
Sparks Fly

I love how this author takes a look at family dynamics, small town living and lots of romantic sparks without cheapening it with tawdry sexual encounters.
Lorena Helfers
It was clean and ok

The beginning was a little too descriptive but once into the story it was pleasant. A nice clean story. I liked all the friendly neighbors, nosey or not!!!!
Kathy
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book!

• His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Rafe (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #1)
  • A Match Made in Ireland
  • Cooper (Cowboys of Ransom Creek, #3)
  • A Single Spark (The Spark Brothers, #1)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Loving the Boss: A Standalone Sweet Romance (Gems of Love - Book 1)
  • Kiss Me At Midnight (Romano Family #5)
  • A Whyte Christmas
  • This Healing Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #7)
  • Keep Me At Christmas (Romano Family #4)
  • Christmas in Smithville (Hometown, #4)
  • A Cowboy and his Daughter: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 4)
  • Winter's Fury
  • Hometown Girl Forever (Hometown #3)
  • Mistletoe Kisses (Northstar Holidays, #1)
Born and raised in northern California, Maggie now lives in Montana - The Last Best Place - where, God willing, she plans to stay forever

Please visit Margaret's website to sign up for updates on future publications, contests and book giveaways.

Sweet Grass - Montana Romance (3 books)
  • Trusting Travis (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #2)
  • The Wrangler's Wish (Sweet Grass - Montana Romance, #3)

News & Interviews