Start by marking “Caught in the Storm (Storm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Caught in the Storm (Storm, #1)

Caught in the Storm

(Storm #1)

Love can be blinding and by the time the truth shines through, it’s too late to escape.

Fame.
Fortune.
Success.

Is that too much to ask?

All I need is to catch a break. To snag the attention of someone important. Someone who can help make my career everything I want it to be.

Joseph was that man. Until the night the lights went out and I left with someone else. Someone who stole
Published April 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Caught in the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in the Storm

Start your review of Caught in the Storm (Storm, #1)
Coco.V
May 14, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/14/2020)! 🎁
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Before I started to write this review, I had to get my thoughts together and pick my bottom jaw off the floor. OMG!!!! This story is so much different than what I am used to by this author!! I am in complete shock and awe!!!

The characters are incredible. I really enjoyed reading about Amelia and Johnathan's story. Amelia had me addicted from the very first page of the story. I really felt a connection with Amelia. Her feelings just poured right off each page as I continued to read.

The story-line
Tara Rainwater
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book. Jonathan is such a sheep in wolves clothing. You never know weather to love him or hate him. Amelia is country gullible but so easy to fall in love with. This book keeps you in suspense waiting for the next shoe to drop. I CAN'T WAIT for the next book..all I can say is more please!! Rachael Brownell you are the bomb!!
Victoria Joy-Ebert
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good so far! It's different than all her other books, and that might be why it's so good to read! The characters are fascinating and you really get drawn into the story and their lives. It's an all around good read. I can't wait for the official full release of the book! It can't come soon enough!
ItaPixie
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I've read Caught in the Storm in one sit.
Rachael Brownell words trapped me in this world made of charming wolfish men,a good country woman,a lot of secrets and suspense.

I was really invested in Amelia and Johnathan's story, I can't turn the pages fast enough to know them more and to unveil the thruth.
That cliffhanger at the end almost killed me...I think I'll wait with bated breath till the next book.

Copy kindly provided by the Publisher/Author.

Katie Jones
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book!!
Sheela Kean
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Way to go Rachael! You definitely caught me off guard with this one, from ridiculously steamy scenes to that ending sneaking up on you...I didn't want to stop reading. This felt like such a teaser and your characters really have me interested in knowing more.
Tessa
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caught in the Storm is unlike any other book I have read lately. It’s addictive and intense. It will leave you craving answers. There’s deception, lies and so many untold secrets that you won’t even know who to trust. Amelia starts as a woman who is independent and fierce. She takes what she wants no matter the cost. That is until Jonathan sets his sights on her. He will charm her and woo her until she has no choice but to follow his every command. There are parts in that you won’t see coming or ...more
Lisa
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I can't even write a review. Jonathan makes me want to throat punch him. Amelia very sweet but my heart breaks for her. This book was good and at one part my heart broke for Amelia. Then the ending happened and I will say it ends on a cliffhanger you don't see coming, but man that was a good book.
Crystal Gray
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, just wow. Rachael blew this one out of the water. We were warned it was not her normal but wow! From start to finish I was captivated, I could not put it down. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, boom something happens to change it. Dark and twisty amazingness, yea I'm making up words now! I can't wait to finish this duet!
Katie Jones
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell! I can't wait to read more!!!
S.F. Benson
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a story! It will keep you turning pages as you wonder what’s waiting around the corner.
Tammy Barrentine
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!

OMG!! What a ride and a cliffhanger!! This is the first book I have read by this author. I am glad I picked this book up. I can't to dig into the sequel.
Joyffree
So many secrets!

Guaranteed to get your blood pumping and your heart racing!
I have so many questions - All the secrets and innuendos are what drew me in - And the blatant darkness that is Jonathon.

Amelia is a go-getter but a bit naive - I felt her character sort of devolved as the storyline progressed. Though I will admit Jonathon is quite skilled in the art of manipulation.
Again I have so many questions!
We are given brief glimpses at possible scenarios but never given the whole picture. I have
Teri
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She wanted more out of life than working the farm and headed to the city for a chance in the music industry at a point of doing whatever it took to make it happen. Then she saw him. That night. That one perfect night leads her on a journey she may soon regret. When she starts receiving text and things start spinning out of control she may find herself in over her head. This is the reason I love this author. She has such a wonderful way with words and puts together a story that will knock your so ...more
Teri
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brenda  K
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 5star
This book is so not what I expect from Rachael. But Holy %&@*# This book is so full of suspense. Like bite your nails, on the seat of your chair, ready to scream.. And the steam, good gracious.

In this story we have Amelia and Jonathan. These two are from totally different worlds. Their chemistry really pulls them together. I really enjoyed following them right up to the end. I kept hoping the dirty secrets would come out and I am in dire need of knowing them after that ending.

"I'm afraid the mo
Alexis Rae
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Had to gather my thoughts here before writing this... but OMG! This book has EVERYTHING! And I don't just mean epic Heroes and heriones to swoon over every page... there's passion, there's secrets, desire, lust, fame, fortune... everything
Amelia grabbed me from the get go, with her passion for singing, her love for her family, the farm... I just love her. Johnathan... I'm still not sure what to make or think of him... there are times when I love him (and who wouldn't when he treats a woman like
Sarah Dale
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 OMG Stars

What an amazing start to a new series that I have a feeling is going to become an addiction.

Rachael kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way though this book. I wasn't never sure what direction she was going to go in. I think I made my husband jump a few times with my outbursts.

I loved Amelia from the very beginning and Jonathan I had a love/hate relationship with (in a good way). These two are complete opposites but the chemistry between them is hot AF!

There is so much I wan
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
What should have been a night of great sex and a hope for future connections, Amelia is surrounded by more than she bargained for. Johnathan is on his way to political gain, but needs Amelia's help to keep the voters on his side. But when the dust settles and paths are taken will it be the beginning or the end for Amelia's dreams? Will Johnathan's past come back to haunt him or will it be over shadowed by passion and chemistry? With awesome characters and a storyline that had so many twists and ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars!

Amelia is trying to make it in the music business when she is swept off her feet by Johnathan. Johnathan is a rich politician. After reading this one, he's kind of a mystery still and I'm not sure whether I like him or not. He has some shady business deals and we still don't have all the details about a previous scandal. Amelia is a good character. I think she puts up with too much from Johnathan and doesn't ask enough question but he knows how to swoon her into forgetting about thi
Daisy Ramirez
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG this book left me speechless. I had to sit down and think for a minute because this book is amazing. Everything you want in a book Rachael Brownell has it in Caught in the Storm. This is an awesome start to a series.

Amelia is a naive girl that moved to the city to try and make a singing career. Johnathan the famous politician that will have your wondering what is he hiding.

I could seriously not put this book down. It had ALOT of sexy and hot scenes that will have you melting. It has the
AnneKR
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected twists & turns

You want to root for the guy that sweeps the girl off her feet & gives her the world. For Amelia, Jonathan’s good looks & confidence charmed her into his arms for the night. She was immediately brought into his intense & high profile world of luxury living. But Jonathan seems too good to be true. With clues leading Amelia towards danger, will an unexpected ally help her before it’s too late? I was not expecting the twists & turns of this book. Can’t wait to see what happ
Jaime Reynolds
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An addicting story that will have you on the edge of your seat while turning the pages quickly needing to know what happens next. Jonathan is a chameleon who draws Amelia in and changes her life in ways that are beyond belief. The suspense and twists had me finishing this book in one afternoon. It is a must read for those looking for suspense, intrigue and a love story that is not what it seems. I cannot wait to see how their story ends. Fantastic.
Pam
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn’t this. This was an amazing story. It will grab you right from the start and the twists and turns will keep you engrossed until the end. Good thing I had the free time to read it, finished it in a day! Jonathan can be sweet when he wants to, but he really is arrogant and selfish wolf disguised as a sheep. Amelia is a gullible country girl trying hard to make her way on her own, she just needs something to go her way.
Within The Pages Book Blog
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exceptional and captivating story. Jonathan’s public and even at times private facade hide his true colors and Amelia has no idea what she is in for when she falls for him. All she wanted was to be seen and heard, but things are not always what they appear to be. A page turner that you will not be able to put down. It is a must for those looking for a mesmerizing read that will leave you wanting more.
Gloria
May 17, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy the book. Having said that, I would like to say that I was very disappointed in the way the author ended this book. If the purpose of leaving us hanging is to sell the next book, well, for me that WILL NOT happen now! I can survive without knowing what happens next in this story, and will not be reading any more books from this author.
Amber Day
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story pulled me in from the moment I cracked open the page. Amelia captured my attention and the twisted secret side of Johnathan had my skin crawling. It has mystery, angst and everything I love to read in a story. I need more to find out where the story is going to end.
Christine Campbell
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
it was a great book. it was amazing. he is a senator and she is just a plain girl who loves to sing. it will suck you into the book. I want more I can't wait to find out what happens next
Shelly
Dec 02, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out good but completely fell apart in the last few chapters. I won't bother buying the second in the series.

• Kiss Me Like This (The Morrisons, #1)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans #1)
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • Wicked Bond (The Wicked Horse, #5)
  • Code of Silence
  • Enthrall (The Freed Billionaire Spencer Christmas Trilogy Book 1)
  • Extra Credit (Fun Love Book 1)
  • Leif (Viking Glory Book 1)
  • You and I, Alone (You and I, #1)
  • Their Bridgewater Brides Bundle (Bridgewater Menage, #1-3)
  • Dare Me Tonight (The Knight Brothers, #3)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • Cocky Chef (Cocky Men, #1)
  • Love Everlasting
  • Dark Thoughts (Refuge, #1)
  • Everybody Loves A Bad Boy
  • Element of Secrecy (Element Mysteries #1)
  • Lost in Me (Here and Now, #1)
Rachael Brownell resides in Michigan with her husband and son. An admitted coffee addict, since 2012 she has written and published more than THIRTY romance novels.
When she's not writing, she enjoys playing golf, reading and watching her son play baseball.
To find out more about Rachael's books, visit her website, Amazon page, or follow her on social media.

Storm (2 books)
  • Surviving the Storm (Storm, #2)

News & Interviews