Start by marking “The Edge of Temptation (The Edge Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Edge of Temptation (The Edge Series, #1)

The Edge of Temptation

(The Edge Series #1)

Previously featured in the Illicit Boxed Set

It starts out as a bet.
A way to forget about my latest in a string of bad relationships and move on. I know it’s a mistake. My head and heart are just not into the game. Especially when I have a terrible knack for picking the wrong men.

Then I see him.

The gorgeous man in the dark suit, drowning his sorrows in a glass of scotch is
Published March 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Edge of Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Edge of Temptation

Start your review of The Edge of Temptation (The Edge Series, #1)
Jolie Vines
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I grabbed the Illicit boxset just to get this beauty. I'm a big fan of J.Saman and devour her books when they come out. This story was no exception.
It's a tale of love after loss, with gorgeous doctor Jonah a widow of a couple of years. He doesn't expect to find love again and it feels like a huge betrayal of his deceased wife when it creeps up on him.
Halle is definitely not seeking a relationship either. Her ex, a hacker, landed her in hot water and she's not about to fall lightly after being
Annabelle Costa
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! It was so sexy and fun to read. I tore through it. J Saman is one of my favorite romance writers and this book did not disappoint.
Nada Hosny
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just Added this to my Favorite romance books EVER, And my favorite by J. Saman.
This author, this honest to God Author is a genius!
she writes THE BEST ROMANCE. PERIOD.
Somehow, i always relate to her characters, no matter how different their stories are from each others, she always find a way to make the down to earth, and relatable to readers.

I fell in love with everything in this book. EVERYTHING.
*wink wink*
Lisa H
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book manages to run the gamut of emotions. From funny, emotional, grief, awkward to action and drama.

Halle just broke up with Matt, a hacker. Her friends push her to hit on a random guy.
So she does, awkwardly.
On Jonah.

Jonah lost Madeline, his love two years ago and has not been able to move on. He’s at the bar on the two year anniversary of her passing, looking for oblivion.

Instead Halle finds him and he laughs and feels that spark again.

But there’s plenty of drama with her ex Matt.
J. Ockenhouse
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good that I tore through this bad boy in a few hours. Halle and her friends are done with her "anti-man" ways and convince her to go talk to the sad, sexy man at the bar. So who would think these two set the stage for a page-turner full of more obstacles than the Olympics, sex that caused smoke to come out of my reader and two characters who feel so genuine even though both are dealing with their own issues.

Jonah will own your panties. Even with the loss of his wife and thinking that he'll
Celicia Fowlkes
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good. I read this in one sitting. It doesnt happen often that you meet a person and feel that connection that you cant explain but it feels right. Been there before and its wonderful. You have to read this book. It really makes you think about what makes you happy and actually doing it. They were both in a emotional wheel that didnt stop until they hit the brakes. Life does that to you and then laughs at you when you finally get the joke.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Halle dumps her fiance, Matt, two days before he gets arrested by the FBI for hacking. Unfortunately for Halle, the FBI comes to her work and she got hauled in questioning. Time to get a new job. Just before she is about to start, her friends convince her to dip her toes into the menpool again which turns into a wild one night stand. Imagine her surprise when she finds out that Jonas, her fling, is now her boss. Jonas didn't want anything but one night away from the pain of losing his wife two ...more
Rachael
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wounded Hearts

Halle is still in her post breakup hate men phase when her friends bribe her to strike up a conversation with the sexy broody guy at the bar. Jonah lost his wife to cancer and isn't sure he'll ever have room for another love. Neither one looking for a serious relationship. Then surprisingly Halle ends up working for Jonah and their instant connection is hard to break. Throw in some exboyfriend drama and some steamy scenes and this book was a great quick paced read.
Jody
Shelves: suspense
This book was the one and only reason why I bought the boxed set that it was originally a part of. It didn’t disappoint. J. Saman created a fun and engaging, completely believable hook-up to clandestine office romance. The twist in the end is what makes romantic suspense and will leave you guessing!
Chelsea Lauren
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by J. Saman! Cannot wait to read the rest of the series!
Coco.V
Aug 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (8/10/2019)! ...more
Jen
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Halle and Jonah's story. What better way to get back into the playing field than to pick up a stranger while at a bar with your girlfriends on a dare? Halle is out with her girls and she is ready to leave the mess of her ex behind her and start a new job but she is NOT ready to get back in the saddle, sorta speak. Her friends feel differently. Halle picks a man at the bar that even though he looks hot, he looks like he wants to be left alone. That works, and off Halle goes. Jonah ...more
Linda S
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
J. Saman certainly did not disappoint with The Edge of a Temptation. This one was hard to put down and almost finished in one night. Jonah, who is still dealing with the loss of his wife, the love of his life, and Halle, who has had nothing but bad relationships and not interested in another failed relationship. “Like two jagged pieces of glass that can never fully be fused together or fixed.” Their chemistry is sizzling but they both have obstacles to overcome which has you turning the pages to ...more
Nicole
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Halle has dumped her fiance and after the FBI come to place of employment, it's time to get a new job too. When she and her friends are out at the bar, they convince her to give a guy at the bar a shot. It's a one-night stand, what could possibly go wrong? When she shows up at her new job, Halle's shocked to see Jonas, her incredible one-night stand is now her boss. YIKES! Halle was supposed to be a one time only deal but Jonas can't stop thinking about her. Will these two be able to mend each ...more
Lisa Towns
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated from the beginning. Halle, a beautiful redhead on a Night out with her friends. There she meets Jonah her later ONS. One strings ore expectations. But things get a lot more complicated after that.
This was a beautiful lovestory of two people that weren’t looking for love. It was well written an fun to read. I really didn’t want to put it down, so a real page-turner. Written in both POV‘s what I prefer. A great read
Melissa
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
He's looking for oblivion on the anniversary of his wife's death; Halle is just trying to fulfill a bet after finding out what kind of trash her ex is.
It's full of banter, sexy times and incredible main and secondary characters.

Donna
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story. Great writing and the characters were so fully fleshed out. I enjoyed the plot twists and turns so much I preordered the next book in the series. Congratulations on a well plotted and thought out story.
Rebecca Woolley
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Jonah and Jake's story will have you chuckling out loud at parts and then you are gripped by the next drama. First time book by J Saman that I've read and will be downloading book 2 shortly. Great book and you will not be disappointed.
Lea Vanderlei
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Love this book! Can't wait for more. Jonah and Halle are such a cute couple! Can't wait to read more of this series.
Linda
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this story. I was merely expecting to read a good love story, but both Halle and Jonah were such great characters, I fell in love with both of them.
Trish Jackson
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, hot and quick read!

This story is an easy read for a weekend afternoon or a rainy day. The characters were so realistic - they didn't have perfect lives, they had baggage and problems right along with their triumphs. Jonah is a dream for a hero - you couldn't ask for more in a character. You can't go wrong with this book!
Lonnie
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You just fall in love with these 2

How could you not.
Shes just went through a crap breakup with a hacker who is insane.
He is getting over the loss of his wife.
They have a 1 night stand that turns into so much more...that is if they can survive her ex
Ri
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This author is rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors. I adore her balance of quick wit and romance that have a hint of mystery and discovery. I ADORED both Halle and Jonah in this story. Swoon worthy lines and a titillating romance that was more than just steam.

I cannot wait to read the next in this series of standalones.
Samantha Hollinger
Everyone deserves to be loved

This book made me sad happy and laugh all in one. The characters were so read they jumped off the page. They went through real life emotions and their chemistry was beyond electric. Read this book!!!!
Jackie Roberts
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
t starts out as a bet.

Then I see him.

The gorgeous man in the dark suit, drowning his sorrows in a glass of scotch is only supposed to be one night of fun. No strings. Zero expectations. No one gets hurts. Sounds perfect, right?

And when I wake up alone the next morning, it appears I’ve
Cathryne Slaughter
Don't Miss this One!

This story is just wonderful. Full of lust, love, throw in some serious drama, and you have a tremendous story. You will love Halle and Jonah.
Rachel Dunk
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
J Saman for the win! Another deliciously captivating tale by a brilliantly talented author. Saman sucks you into Halle and Jonah’s world from very first page, and she doesn’t let up. She keeps you hanging on her every word, hungry for more.

In this miraculous tale, our heroine, Halle, meets our leading man, Jonah, in a bar one night when she’s out with her girlfriends. They dare her to go up and talk to him and she ends up going home with him for the night. Well, as it turns out, they have
Debbie Caswell
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and I have to say I was greatly impressed will now be looking for more books by them.

Halle life is quickly going off track she has just dumped her boyfriend but shortly after he is arrested for hacking causing her to hauled in for questioning Time to restart her life with a new job and he friends think that she needs to have a new man as well even if only for a one night stand so they encourage her to start something with the sad guy sitting at the bar. Jonas
Chiquita  Bee
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Star Read

I love, love, loved this amazing book by J. Saman about Halle, the nurse practitioner and Jonah, a doctor she meets on a dare by her friends to get her back out there after a nasty break up with her boy friend of two years. It’s instant sexual chemistry, the kind that Halle never knew she was missing. He’s a widower, and after two years since the death of hi wife, he’s still beating himself up for her death, and missing her terribly. I absolutely loved these two and their quirky,
Connie Lafortune
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting to get my hands on the Illicit box set, ever since I found out that J. Saman was one of the authors who had an exclusive inside of it. Yes, you guessed it! I devoured The Edge of Temptation in one afternoon. EEeekkkk. She is by far my favorite contemporary romance author and may I be the first to say, she out did herself with this one...

Halle and Jonah's chemistry is sizzling hot from the get go, but there are plenty of obstacles they must endure in order to take their

• My Clarity
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Stay (Odd Jobs #1)
  • Depths of Lake (The McCain Saga, #3)
  • Beautifully Undone (The Beaumont Brothers, #3)
  • Shameless Kiss (White Rose Billionaires #3)
  • One Taste (The One, #1)
  • Fearless Kiss (White Rose Billionaires #2)
  • Just Roll With It (A Perfect Dish Book 4)
  • Playing a Player (Sweet Cravings, #1)
  • A Brit Complicated (Castle Calder #3)
  • Enthrall (The Freed Billionaire Spencer Christmas Trilogy Book 1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Irresistible Billionaires #1)
  • Mechanic with Benefits (Blackwell After Dark, #3)
  • Big Baller (Size Matters #3)
  • Breaking the Rules
  • The Men of Steel Anthology: Steel Brothers - A Family Affair
  • Dirty Bad Boys Box Set: Forbidden Romance Collection
J. Saman is a USA Today bestselling author who loves all types of novels, but finds herself always going back to writing/reading romances. She's addicted to Diet Coke and sour candy, and swears way too much. She's an admitted lover of second chance romances, love triangles and the perfect amount of angst. She writes smart, strong women and sexy alpha (slightly nerdy) men who have a softer side.

To

The Edge Series (3 books)
  • The Edge of Forever
  • The Edge of Reason (The Edge Series, #3)