Start by marking “Love at the 20-Yard Line” as Want to Read:
Love at the 20-Yard Line

Love at the 20-Yard Line

Brody Jackson lives and breathes football as a wide receiver for an arena team. Focused on his aspirations to make the NFL, he’s blindsided by the love that intercepts his plans during the first game of the season. Possessing all the skills and talent to be the best at his game, Brody isn’t properly equipped for the playing field of romance. It’s going to take all he’s got ...more
Published January 26th 2014 by Shanna Hatfield (first published January 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love at the 20-Yard Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at the 20-Yard Line

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
3.5, rounding up

This was a little side diversion for me this week. I'm ahead on my review reading so I've been catching up on some other books I've got stocked up on my Kindle.

This is an opposites attract kind of book. Easy reading. Not too much happening other than a growing relationship. LOTS of kissing. I actually thought things dragged a bit in the middle and the story either could have been shorter or something more could have been happening but still, this was a romantic diversion. The ch
Jennifer Schultheis
You don't have to be a football fan to enjoy LOVE AT THE 20-YARD LINE. I'm not a big sports fan, so when I know a book is centered on a sport, I automatically think the author is going to throw out terms that I don't know and I won't be able to follow the story. This doesn't happen in this book. Yes, football is important in this story, but the storyline was easy to follow and the author did a great job at keeping me interested.

Haven and Brody are not out there looking for love, but when they l
Kayla Thomas
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Shanna's best book yet. Her characters are a little edgier, and the passion is closer to the surface. Loved Brody and Haven. Would love to see Haven's single brothers find their match.
Susan K
Romance, clean, sensuality so PG-13
Cute fun romantic read.
Brody and his football goals and aspirations will he put love on hold to reach his dream?
Cute fall for this couple. Always love sincere, honest, genuine characters. They both stumble around a bit, trying to figure out the time limitation on this romance. Their misunderstandings and hurts, along with the well described romantic moments are well-done. Definitely more of a fluff read, so the 3 star, but still a fun light read.
Tracey Kern
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

This is one of my favorite authors. She is so amazing at writing a great love story. All of her stories are wonderful. If you haven't read her you are missing out. Love her! 💗
Diane
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really enjoyed this book. There was lots of laughter, tears and just plan fun. I was happy that is a clean book as well.
Karen Waller
Christian Love Story

Way too long and drawn out for me. It was an ok story. If you like football you might like it better.
Lucia
Love at the 20-Yard Line is a sweet, light hearted, standalone, clean sports romance with a HEA!

Love at the 20-Yard Line is my first book by Shanna Hatfield and I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. This relatively light hearted romance has just enough tension to keep you addicted and turning the pages without knowing how things would end up between the two characters, Brody and Haven.

The writing has a serious yet light and witty style at times that fits well with the style of the book and no
JaneReads
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
The characters really came alive in this one and not only the two main characters, but also Haven's family. Haven is career focused and a little naïve when it comes to guys. Brody is a football player who has dated his share of girls. However once these two meet the past no longer matters, they only have eyes for each other and balance each other out well. Haven's family, especially Hale, was a great addition the story. I loved how they influenced, pushed and supported not only Haven, but Brody ...more
Marie Mckenney
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this boo

True romance at its best. Brody and Haven have a wonderful connection from the beginning. He is a football player and she is a naive young lady. Their romance is suppose to only last during Arena football season. They have such fun together and the love they have is awesome. The emotions in this book are wonderful. When he decides to try to further his football career and move on the emotions really flow. Both are sad. Haven't family is so fun and all things they do together are aw
Julie Jobe
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Neither Haven or Brody are expecting what they find in each other. Their chemistry is palpable and takes both of them surprise. Watching them fall in love and work through the obstacles they face is both fun, and at times, bittersweet. Shanna knows how to draw you right into the romance her characters are experiencing and make you feel what they’re feeling, both the good and the bad. And both the good and the bad lead you to the joyfully happy ending. I loved the epilogue! This book is definitel ...more
Robin Franks
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

This is a clean, entertaining and heartwarming story about opposites attracting. It truly is a sweet football romance. Haven and Brody make an awesome couple. The relationship between Haven and her family is very true to life. The interactions between siblings remind me of my own family. When Brody really leaves it is heartbreaking. It is rare to find a story that shows real life situations. Great writing.
Judy Esposito
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet and Clean Romance!

A sweet and clean romance is what I expect when I pick up a book by Shanna Hatfield and I was not disappointed in this one. I loved Brody and Haven and reading their story and their trying to reach a happy ever after. A wonderful cast of family and friends add to the story. No bad language but with a little sexual tension to keep it romantic and fun. Recommend! JudyE

Melanie Snitker
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-reads
Love at the 20-Yard Line is a sweet and clean contemporary romance novel. I enjoyed reading about Haven and Brody and their relationship. Shanna does a wonderful job of bringing in a number of other characters that add humor and depth to the story. A fun, easy read that was difficult to put down and left a smile on my face.
james lee patty
Love at the 20- Yard Line:(A Sweet Football Romance)

I like it. It sure keep me reading because I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. I didn't like that we didn't get to hear how Brody really did in the NFL and that we didn't get to hear more about the second half of their lives.
Jennifer Craig
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute, quick read. Even if you are not a big football fan, there is plenty in Love at the 20-Yard Line for you to enjoy. Neither Haven nor Brody are looking for love, but it finds them anyway in this sweet story from Shanna Hatfield. This is a light-hearted, clean romance that will keep you entertained for an afternoon or evening. I would love to read Haven’s brother Hale’s story.
Norma Reasor
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not a sports fan, never ever watch on TV, or live. But then, I absolutely love,love, love books and movies centered around sports, any sport. This was a sweet, enticing book and I highly recommend.
Cici
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
Loved it! The author lures right in with a great heroine and hero. And fun premise. And great supporting characters. There is just enough angst and not too many painful misunderstandings. The romance is good and clean!
Patti Brennan
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really enjoyed this book. I enjoy all of Shanna Hatfield's books and this is no exception I am looking forward to her next book.
Quinn
Oct 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF
Brandy
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good clean read!
Patricia
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shanna Hatfield just has a way of making her characters come alive so I just drop down inside the book and get attached to them.
Mindie
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cute, clean romance. I like the storyline, thought it was a good read, but felt the end was rushed. Could have used another 15 pages or so to close it out.
Allyson ☘️
It wasn't bad. It just wasn't my type of book...
Meagan
Maureen
Jan 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Her Best Catch
  • Playing for Keeps (Play Makers #1)
  • Love Reimagined (Kings Grove Book 2)
  • The Resilient One
  • The Prairie Prince
  • Let's Misbehave
  • One Last Hold
  • Behind Closed Doors (Sisters of Spirit, #2)
  • On The Run (The Real Thing #1)
  • Swept Up
  • Rough & Ready (Lightning, #3)
  • Special Delivery
  • Sweet on You (Wilde Sisters #1)
  • Building up to Love (The Love List, #4)
  • Goals For A Sinner (Sinners, #1)
  • A Man Like Mac
  • Truths and Roses: A Love Story
  • Jenna's Cowboy Hero (The Cowboy Series, #4)
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor