Start by marking “Bring the Fire (The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bring the Fire (The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy, #3)

Bring the Fire

(The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy #3)

“We brought you here to answer a single question. God is dead. Vanessa Roth and Marie Reinhart are responsible. We want to know how they did it.”

That was where the story began. This is where it all ends.

Believing her lover has been killed, Nessa — the living archetype of the wicked witch and a fairy tale brought to murderous life — flies across the Mojave Desert on a
Published November 8th 2018 by Demimonde Books

To ask other readers questions about Bring the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring the Fire

Start your review of Bring the Fire (The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy, #3)
Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bring the Fire
The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy, Book 3
By: Craig Schaefer
Narrated by: Susannah Jones
This ends a very long journey in a satisfying conclusion! I liked how the story unfolds, throw an investigation of a person and this is the story. There are breaks to remind that this is where the story is coming from. I just put a plug in for the Daniel Faust novels which I thought were tremendously better! So if you have finished this series go to his other series, Daniel Faust!
The narration on this
Gavin
Sep 13, 2019 added it
Shelves: paranormal
This was the final book in Craig Schaefer's Wisdom's Grave Trilogy. I felt like this book did a great job of delivering a satisfying conclusion to what has been a decent UF series. It had a lot of the stuff that makes the Faust and Harmony books so good and also did a great job of tying all of Schaefer's fantasy series (Faust, Harmony, Revanche) together in a way that made sense.

The story was pretty engaging in this final instalment as the happenings picked up where they left off at the end of
Just Jese
O. M. G. Definitely needs more than 5 stars

I’m just speechless. But in a wonderful, seriously in awe kind of way.
This particular series of Schaefer’s was almost more enjoyable than Harmony’s. I mean just wow. Not only did we find Wisdom’s Grave we found answers to sooooo many lingering questions I had about the World that the author created that encompassed Harmony Black and Daniel Faust. We also got answers to questions that I stopped wondering about! After reading Neon Boneyard, I questioned
Val Moss
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craig-schaefer
Amazingly Good

THAT. WAS. AMAZING!!! I loved every word. If you've been reading this trilogy, this book is everything you want and more. If you haven't picked it up yet, what are you waiting for? It's a fun, fast, incredible ride. You can't......won't put it down and this book is the absolute best ever!!
XR
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This trilogy is bloody awesome! It’s dark, it’s intense and there’s so much adventure. The one liners and the characters are funny AF, I loved the devotion between Nessa and Marie. This entertained me so much... I loved it.
Lukasz
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to cut to the chase - if you follow The Wisdom's Grave series, drop everything and read it. If you follow Faust or Harmony Black series, drop everything and read it.

Craig Schaefer has outdone himself. There are twists that twist the twists. When you lose hope, he gives it back to you just to take it away moments later.

The book's resolution will have a huge impact on the whole Schaefer's shared universe.

Bring the Fire is amazing. I loved the ending and I can't wait to see what
Kevin
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Schaefer is incredible again in this ending to Wisdom's Grave. It successfully combines the characters from his other series with their individual flair, while keeping this adventure unique to itself. The cosmic outcome is a unique twist, and I'm wondering how or if Daniel and Harmony will have to deal with the fallout in their books. As with all Scaefer's books, I grab it and devour it and just wait for the next one.
Don Goodrum
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book, in fact this whole trilogy is just SOOOO good. I began reading Craig Schaefer with the Daniel Faust books and continued on through the Revanche Cycle and the Harmony Black books and the Wisdom's Grave books are such a testament to what a truly great writer Schaefer has become. Nessa and Marie are The Witch and the Knight, two of the characters in the First Story, written by the Creator to be reborn, over and over in an effort to redeem the world and what it was meant to be. Schaefer ...more
Amber
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent!!!

I'm a huge fan of Schaefer's, and I love his books and this amazing interconnected world peopled by incredible characters that he's created.

This, though, is his best work yet. The Wisdom's Grave trilogy is a vital turning point in this epic story he's telling, and he has done an absolutely magnificent job here. This is the kind of story that keeps you reading late into the night and makes other aspects of life infuriating interruptions.

Don't start here, though. You won't know
Melissa
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this last night and I'm still reeling. There were so many twists in the story that I never knew what was going to happen next (and I'm generally pretty good at guessing these things). I am sure that I missed things, having not read the entirety of the Harmony and Daniel books, but every second of this ride was amazing. I don't know how Craig Schaefer can keep so many side plots and mysteries straight, but he did and the outcome was worth the wait.

**REREAD: Yes, oh my god, yes! I
Glitchlight
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Summary: Good pulpy novels with flashes of something truly great that ultimately doesn't come to pass.

Note: this review is inclusive of both Detonation Boulevard and Bring the Fire, as these two books are clearly of a set.

Reviews of books like this are the most difficult to write, the 3 to 4 star range of quality, a solid showing mechanically that can only be docked points for subjective reception. I can't claim to know Schaefer's thoughts, but these books feel like pulp, and unabashedly so.
TheManOfLetters
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy and quite the gamechanger for the Daniel Faust and Harmony Black series. At first, I wasn't exactly sure about how well bringing together so many plot lines from three different series (Daniel Faust, Harmony Black, Revanche Cyle) into a new trilogy would work. Also, throughout the three books I was never really fond of the two main characters, I even outright disliked Nessa most of the time and somehow pitied Marie for being so entirely dependend ...more
Amy
This trilogy is so fuckin fantastic, it combines a bunch of my favorite things in a unique, entertaining, imaginative way. Anti-heros, morally gray characters, magic, scifi, parallel universes, reincarnation, gods/goddesses/angels/demons/creatures of immense power, interesing world(s)building, fascinating characters, and the story! I love how it took some turns I didn't expect and resolved wonderfully -- answered a lot of questions, left some open, and was overall very satisfying. AND there are ...more
Poor Professor
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just... Wow.

My kindle just ate TWO reviews I have written here. I just can't do it again right now.
Bottom line... Craig Shaefer is an INCREDIBLE talent. A Master storyteller. The FOUR different series that all tie in to this amazing journey are Most Highly Recommended to be read immediately. NOTE: Read the other series first. READ Wisdom's Grave trilogy last. (So far... Let there be more Faust and friends, please!)
READ it all, you will NOT be disappointed.
This was an absolutely amazing Highly
Vigasia
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't be less than 5 stars. Amazing finish to my favourite trilogy. There was some interesting plot twists, sad and happy moments, lot of blood and of course a non stop action. Finish wasn't what I thought it would be, but Craig didn't disappoint and wrapped everything up with style. This trilogy is over, but there's so much to the story I can't believe we won't see some aspect of it in next Daniel Faust and Harmony Black books, mostly because they took huge part in what happened in Wisdom's ...more
Michael Davis
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great stuff! Often times, trilogies and other long tales feel the need to make each ending, each milestone, each build wilder and bigger and crazier and more grandiose than the last. This one certainly had elements of all those, but also made sense in a way that I’ve never experienced before.

Combining and crossing the multiple worlds Schaefer has written in and about over the past several years was masterfully done, and makes me want to read the next part in the cycle - whatever form it takes -
libby g. fulgione
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wisened By Trilogy

Schaefer’s talents as an author, storyteller and plot maker continue to grow by leaps and bounds. A “complicated salad” does not do justice to the Witch and her Knight as, in hindsight, Nessa and Marie are the “comforting entree” making me realize the Harmony and Faust, despite my overall love for both of them, may actually be just “complicated salads” to Schaefer’s main course! Bravo, well played.
Matthew
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to my friend Julia for recommending this series. I gobbled them up eagerly, and now I'm on to the other books in this multiverse. Perhaps that's not the best order in which to read them, but it's a bit too late, and also I don't give a shit. Craig Schaefer is the newest member of my pantheon of favorite authors, alongside folks like Mercedes Lackey and Robert Jordan. Really fucking good stuff.
Dayanara Ryelle
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Dear, sweet Mother Goddess, that evil genius has done it again.

I don't know if this was everything I was hoping for, because I don't know what I was hoping for. Probably yes, because I imagine I was hoping for another Craig barnburner and got it in spades.

Three more of his books to go...have to stop and take a breather before I burn out, though.
Mancman
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, kindle, 2020
Probably a 3.5 rating to be fair. Conclusion of the Wisdoms Grave trilogy. It’s been an interesting ride through the story, and it was a satisfying conclusion. The worlds are getting more and more jumbled up.
Benjamin Ellison
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal

A fitting near-end to a stupendously immersive story. If you’re reading this and have already read the first or second novel, don’t wait. If you haven’t ready any, start with the earlier Faust focused ones - you’ll be glad you did.
Todd Lindstrom
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Fantasy Series!

This book is a well written thrill ride! The characters are all well known to the readers of Craig Schaefer and he ties them all together nicely. Love this book.
John
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Awesome series by Craig Schaefer

Just finished the Wisdoms Grave Trilogy and found it thought provoking and extremely entertaining. Well worth the wait for the third book to come out.
Matthew
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wrapped up a little too neatly, but that’s really my only complaint. The journey (the metaphysical commentary, I suppose) was enjoyable. I liked this trilogy a lot more than I expected to after the first book.
Ash
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
This whole thing wanted to be so clever and it wasn't. It was confusing and frustrating and there can be such a thing as trying to make too many things connect and be too special and tricky. Boring, confusing, supremely disappointing.
Brian Shirley
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully told story

The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy is my favorite from the author and this is my favorite from the trilogy. I believe I have read all the books set in this universe and in my opinion this is his best yet.
Megan
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing end of this trilogy, and I loved everything about it. I had no idea how Schaefer was going to resolve everything with the end of the last book, and it was all wrapped up beautifully. I can't wait for the next Harmony Black and Daniel Faust books now!
Krystle Bertram
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book

This book was so good. I feel in love with nessa and Marie from the first moment I met them. I'm sad to have reached the end but the journey was worth it.
cultureulterior -
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Timelord Iain
This is how good Craig Schaefer is. By the end here, I was left curious if he would return to these characters sometime in the future. Loved it.

• Fire Season (Eric Carter #4)
  • Fallen (Alex Verus, #10)
  • Sea Breeze (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #8)
  • Hurricane (The Phantom Queen Diaries 10)
  • Hunted
  • Strange Days (Bill of the Dead, #1)
  • Sorcery Reborn (The Rebellion Chronicles #1)
  • The Madness Below (Alastair Stone Chronicles #20)
  • The Grand Dark
  • Part-Time Gods (DFZ #2)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • The Perfect Cup: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • The Operative (Division 13 #1)
  • Twilight Heart (Harbinger P.I., #7)
  • Druid Bond (Prof Croft #7)
  • Minimum Wage Magic (DFZ #1)
  • Boundary Broken (Boundary Magic, #4)
  • Legend (The Temple Chronicles, #11)
Craig Schaefer's books have taken readers to the seamy edge of a criminal underworld drenched in shadow (the Daniel Faust series), to a world torn by war, poison and witchcraft (the Revanche Cycle), and across a modern America mired in occult mysteries and a conspiracy of lies (the Harmony Black series).

Despite this, people say he's strangely normal. Suspiciously normal, in fact. His home on the

The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sworn to the Night (The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy, #1)
  • Detonation Boulevard (The Wisdom's Grave Trilogy, #2)