Start by marking “More Than Anything (Upstate Education, #2)” as Want to Read:
More Than Anything (Upstate Education, #2)

More Than Anything

(Upstate Education #2)

Joe Carpenter's parents have pressured him his entire life. He's always needed to do more and do better, but as hard as he tries, he can't seem to keep his head above water. When a friend makes an offhand comment about finding a Daddy, Joe initially scoffs at the idea--until he doesn't. Through mutual friends, he meets not one, but two gorgeous men who are looking for some ...more
Published November 28th 2018 by Paper Gold Publishing (first published November 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about More Than Anything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Anything

Start your review of More Than Anything (Upstate Education, #2)
Chris
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 ménage stars. I enjoyed these characters and their dynamic. While they all had their own approach to the relationship, there was no doubt they complimented each other. Thurston was the senior, the Daddy who loved his brat Eugene but needed someone to pamper and spoil. Eugene suggested they bring in a third and by a stroke of luck they meet Joe at a friends party. Joe was in a dark place, working 3 jobs, battling an insurmountable debt and depression. Taking a risk he agreed to trial being pa ...more
Abrianna
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
E.M. Denning has done it again. She's written a book that hits all the right places for me.

We see all three characters appear in book one, Half As Much. I'll be honest here I was not into Joe having a book. He just didn't stand out to me as a character like Eugene and Thurston did. But he so stands out now. Very much so in fact.

These three have very different personalities and probably shouldn't work. That's the talent of E.M. Denning. She has a knack for putting characters together and not on
AussieMum
Dec 02, 2018 marked it as nope-not-for-me-not-interested
DNF 38% No rating

This is probably a case of it's me, not the book. We all have our preferences. I like Daddy kink but I grow very weary of the young guy who's so overwhelmed by life he needs a Daddy to come along and sweep him off his feet and fix everything. I feel for Joe, who (view spoiler) But the setup here between Thurston, Eugene and Joe just doesn't intrigue me.
JenMcJ
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a good m/m/m in that it has room for all the different men and they all have a place in the relationship. It's sexy and I could feel the emotional attachment between them.

However, this also has my least favorite daddy kink trope in the "rescued youngster just simply overwhelmed by life". Every time Joey whined about getting an economics degree he'll never use and worried about his student loans I wanted to quit the book. At no time in the book does he appear to actually try to get a job
Kelly
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm_daddy-kink
Balance

An excellent Daddy kink triad romance. One daddy, one tippy brat, and one boy, starved for affection. I liked Joey adjusting to the idea that he actually has people to care for him, and Eugene being more mature having someone to care for and keep safe. I think they have a great dynamic. It's also nice that no one is trying to hide that they are a triad.
Jenn (not Lily)
6/19/19: Looking back on this 1.5 months later, I have excellent memories of it, so I'm rounding up to 3.25 stars -- I want to give it 4 stars, but if the editing is as bad as I said below, I just can't condone it...

I liked this one better than the first, although the editing was still abysmal. The dynamic between the three men was lovely, and watching Joe's confidence grow along with Eugene's maturity was wonderful. 2.75 stars rounded up.
Lisa Neal
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Daddy Thurston and Eugene are everything but when you add in Joe it makes this book so much more. The relationship these three men have is everything I love in a book and I can not say enough about this amazing book. EM Denning has a winner on her hands with this book.
Phoenix13
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Endearing, engaging, sexy.

I already want to read this again! One of my favorite things about this author’s works is the true emotion I see. Always an ideal balance-yes, sexy and steamy OF COURSE, but so heartfelt as well. At the risk of being repetitive, endearing is the perfect word. I love how the author takes an atypical character (or two or three), a dynamic that’s not completely mainstream, and makes it not only hot and sexy but also romantic and loving, all at once.

The chemistry
Colleen Cremen
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daddy yummy

I loved this book! Professor Thurston gets his story! This book is deliciously filled with daddy kink. And Thurston is one sexy daddy. This is not an abdl story.
Thurston and Eugene love each other but both recognize that something is missing. Or rather someone. They both realize that they need someone who they can spoil and care for. Joe is that someone. This is a fantastic story of how the three of them come together. Including all of the sexy times we love to read! Can't wait to rea
ML
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Triad story

Have you ever read a book that made you just so joyful that the characters found each other.
Throughout the book every character made me feel.
Joe desperately needed hugs and people that loved him. Eugene needed that too even though he was very resistant to it. Thurston was the glue that kept everything just so, the love, the care and the romance.
I really love this book. I know I’ll be re-reading very soon.
Sissy Spain
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Daddy, the brat, and the boy

I really enjoyed this book. The characters don't seem like they should work together, but they do. I enjoyed the gentle way Joe's depression was presented and the care he got from the other two men. Eugene was my favorite, as the middle man. He grew more emotionally the longer Joe was with them. Thurston was a great daddy, both fair and stern. All in all, this gave me everything I want in MMM.
Xanthe
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic follow up to Half As Much!
We are yet again treated to an amazing story line with endearing characters that you fall in love with the more you get to know them.
EM is one of the best at giving readers an emotional connection to at least one of the characters in the book. Thurston and Eugene have already tried a relationship once and they couldn't make it work together. However when they reconnect, each man has the determination and ideas of how to make it work. Eugene's idea of a
Terri
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Half as Much was book one in this series, and it was a tough act to follow. The author managed though. Thurston, Eugene, and Joe basically had me at hello! I enjoy reading about relationships of three (or more) people, where the dynamic can get tricky. That dynamic was handled beautifully here. Each of the men was a fully formed character, and the D/s connection that Thurston (Daddy) had with each of his subs was explained very well. Eugene (the brat) and Joe (the baby) also had a lovely connect ...more
M.
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautifully written story. You’ve got your Daddy, the brat, and the baby boy to complete the triad.

Thurston and Eugene needed Joseph to balance out their triad.
• Joseph’s life hasn’t been the easiest and he’s lost after graduating college, working 3 jobs, and wearing himself out. Joseph is truly touch starved and it pains you, the reader, when you feel his need to be loved.
• Eugene comes from wealth and needs a strong hand to keep him in line. However, he matures and is someone Jose
R
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, m-m-m, series, kink
Thurston and Eugene have a past. They broke up because as much as Thurston loved Eugene, he needed more and Eugene left because he knew he would never be able to make Thurston truly his. When they met Joe they thought he could be the answer and he was. Eugene is strong and Thurston is stronger while Joe even though he seems weak is the glue that brought and held them all together.

My favorite trope is M/M/M and this book didn’t disappoint. Joe was such a sweet character who worked his way into m
Sheridan
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wow!
I’m awed that EM Denning has done it once again with her stories!
Thurston and Eugene, Daddy and Brat.
They have a past! A past which discovered that Daddy needed more and Eugene couldn’t give.
So when Eugene comes up with the idea that Daddy needs a baby boy to spoil, who better to fit that role than Joe.
Down on his luck, in debt up to his ears and killing himself by working 3 jobs, Joe doesn’t see a way out of his rut until of course Daddy comes along to guide him!
It was such a fantastic sto
Rachel
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome add to the series. Joe, Thurston and Eugene are fun, sexy and their difference fit together perfectly. I loved how Thurston and Eugene loved each other and with their second chance to make things work together they know they missing something and fight for each other when trying something new: bringing in a third. Enter in Joe who's story will break your heart and you can't help but want to hold him and fit things. Each of these guys has their own voice, insecurities and strength ...more
Nicole
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Where hot and steamy meets love and tenderness. EM Denning has done it again with her second book in the Upstate Education series. In this book, we get a little more personal with Thurston and Eugene, add in lost and lonely Joe and we get Daddy, Brat, and Boy.

I love the flow of this story as well as the feelings invoked by it. I was enveloped and invested in the feelings between these men and how they express their needs, wants, and concerns. Throw in a feline that sheds everywhere and you
Szidi ☼
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daddy kink and m/m/m is two of my weaknesses, so it was not a question to read this book ;)
And it was so good!!!!

I loved Joe, Thurston and Eugene's story. The book was erotic, sexy, HOT and cute.

It's a good book, but i missed something. I don't know what, but i had this feeling while reading that something is missing.

The story was amazing and the characters were unique and lovely, i loved the Daddy kink, but i need more, lol i am helpless :))
I recommend this book!

read more on my blog: https:/
Pat
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MMM

OMG! I loved it. The dynamic in a mmm relationship never fails to intrigue me. This one was super hot and very sweet at times. Thurston and Eugene loved each other but couldn't make it work. Neither filled each other's needs completely, until sweet, eager to please, Joe stumbled into their lives. Joe was a hot mess, drowning in colledge debt, working three jobs, exhausted, having been brought up that you did for yourself. He needed Daddy Thurston and tippy Eugene to guide his way... and they
Kathryn Manzella
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More Than Anything is book two of EM Denning's Upstate Education series. It is a kinky but swoony read. Joe, Eugene and Thurston are beautiful together. They give each other everything they can and are everything the others need and want. Their story entertains and makes you want more.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.

T
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More Than Anything was very well written with characters that change and grow together. Eugene, Thurston and Joe are all pieces of a puzzle that seems odd but they fit together in a way that was perfect for them! They each brought something to the relationship that the others needed. Their story to HEA was a great ride that I enjoyed very much! This author balances kink, romance and sweetness so well!
I received an Advanced Reader Copy and am happy to voluntarily leave my review
Shannon Glasner
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you get when you have a semi grumpy Daddy, a bratty boy and a baby boy? Pure perfection! EM Denning first introduced us to Daddy Thurston and boy Eugene in book one of the series. Joe also made an appearance separately in the first book. Book two fulfills our dreams of a perfect Daddy (at least in my case - can I have one please?) who finally comes to believe that he can have what he needs in his bratty and baby boys. The boys each grow in their own ways. Such a wonderful story!
Lesley
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
I liked the story concept but it felt like the book hadn't been edited completely. There were a few times I bE to go back and read read a sentence because I don't understand it because there was a missing coma. Also I don't know if The book ferroelectric a print version rather than kindle but there were a couple of times that I didn't notice anything to indicate we had moved on to another time and I had to go back and check I hadn't skipped a couple of pages.
Amanda
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I never would have thought a three person Daddy story would be so wonderful. I've only read one before and it was nowhere near as beautiful. If you can't tell, I really loved this story. It was done with love and care, focusing on love and appreciation, rather than discipline and rules. Don't get me wrong, it's a Daddy book, so there was definitely both, but it was perfectly balanced. I would definitely recommend this book.
Sue bowdley
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This I think has to be my favourite book of Em Denning's......Joe, Thurston and Eugene were perfect together...An absolute sweet read.....Joe took to both men so easily and I really loved how Thurston needed a sweet boy to go with Eugene's brattyness......This author never lets me down and I can't wait for her next book x ...more
Tiffany
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Daddy, Brat, and Baby Boy

Is Hot Hot Hot!!! I loved this book. Daddy kink is my favorite and I prefer it on the sweet side and this delivered it. It in no way detracts from my like but it would have been nice for joe to go to therapy. There is so much stigma against it that it would have been nice for the author to use their platform to normalize it.
Leci Forde
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can’t get enough!

This series is yummy! This book is flipping fantastic! It was a ménage with Daddy/boy kink. Daddy Thurston made me swoon while Eugene made me laugh and Joey was the perfect third to complete their relationship! EM does kink magically...never losing sight of the romance! I needed this book to never end! Can’t wait for more of this series!
M C
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good ménage story.

Well balanced. Very sexy. Lovable characters. Just no too sure about the end, did not feel right. My favorite character was Eugene, who I believe is the real “glue” of the relationship. Joe was necessary for Thurston and Eugene to work but I think Eugene was necessary for Thurston and Joe as well, even if not as explicitly.
LaVon Lyman
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love E.M. Denning

This book is so dear to my heart!!!! I love Joey so much, I could relate to him so freaking much it scared me. This book was just real and relatable and sooo sweet. Daddy T was so perfect and Eugene was even better these 3 are a perfect match. And that ending Bravo Denning Bravo. This story captured my whole heart!!!!!

• Worth the Fight (Giving Consent #3)
  • Unconventional (Unconditional Love #2)
  • Teddy and His Bear (Oh My!, #1)
  • Stay (Working Out the Kinks #1)
  • At Home (Finding Home, #1)
  • Open Mind (Kink Chronicles, #1)
  • Kissing the Teacher (Valentine's Inc. #3)
  • Leo and His Lion (Oh My!, #2)
  • Worth the Chance (Giving Consent #4)
  • Rule 47
  • Campy (Ballsy Boys #4)
  • Future Fake Husband
  • Beat of Their Own Drum (Replay, #3)
  • Baby Boy (Daddy's Boy, #1)
  • Pretty Baby (Daddy's Boy, #2)
  • Pixie (Ballsy Boys, #5)
  • Until You Say Otherwise (Lonely Hearts #4)
  • Heel (Working Out The Kinks #2)
E.M. Denning is a writer from British Columbia. She loves her family and animals, and anything cute and fuzzy. She was born a hopeless romantic, and when she’s not writing romance, she’s probably reading it. She loves love.

Upstate Education (4 books)
  • Half as Much (Upstate Education #1)
  • Never Enough (Upstate Education #3)
  • All or Nothing (Upstate Education, #4)