Start by marking “Something That Could Last” as Want to Read:
Something That Could Last

Something That Could Last

They say opposites attract. I never believed that until I met Abby.

I was an Ivy League student, the eldest son of an affluent family, living a life of luxury and rubbing elbows with D.C.’s elite. Sounds great, right? Too bad prestige comes with a price.

ebook
Published May 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Something That Could Last, please sign up.

Susan's Reviews
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
My thanks to the author, the publisher and NetGalley for an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
This is a sweet, well written young adult romance. Abby and Jacob are an adorable, passionate couple and I loved the interaction between them: their slow burn romance was worth the wait. Their hikes into the country were a fun read - and that make out scene under the waterfall was definitely steamy! At first, Abby comes across as plucky and very driven. She works two jobs in order to pa
Shelby
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jacob, the son of a senator, has had a privileged life for as long as he can remember. He currently attends a top-notch university and nothing short of perfection is expected of him by his parents. Jacob needs a reprieve from the constant pressures put on him so he and his buddy decide to take a 2-week retreat to the Western Virginian mountains. Jacob was expecting a fun vacation with one of his best friends, but he wasn’t expecting to meet an emerald-eyed brunette on his fist day there.

Abby wo
Paula White
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5*

I liked Jacob and I liked Abby. Luke meh not so much and Tiff was a laugh. This book covers two weeks and we see the relationship build between Abby & Luke. Then he leaves after his holiday back to a world that is so different to Abby's. Then the book ends. I assume there will be a follow up as there is a lot left unresolved plus what is happening between Ethan and Tiff?? I felt this book set things up nicely, I wanted more was taken by surprise that this was not a standalone. I will wan
Meredith
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading this sweet and steamy debut novel by Ashley Cade. I truly enjoyed spending my time getting to know Abby and Jacob in this small-town new adult romance. The story was laced with intriguing characters, a bit of drama, some laughable moments and some sizzling hot sexy times.

Jacob is the son of a senator and has lived a very privileged life. He has never wanted for anything, but with that life comes a lot of pressure to live up to certain expectations. Needing an escape
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Sara, ☆☆☆☆☆

I have always been a sucker for the rich “powerful” men and “small town” girl trope and this book definitely fulfilled my book needs. Once I started I wasn’t able to put it down. I hope to read more of their story in the future.
Jemima
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
Something That Could Last is the debut novel by Author Ashley Cade.
Let's start with the obvious first, shall we? I love the cover! I love the dreamy- rustic romance vibe it gives off.

Second, I enjoyed Abby and Jacob's story. Was it amazing? hmm..not really.
Something That Could Last has an 'insta-love' vibe but ends up being a slow burn kinda romance that is sweet.

Here's the thing I am a little on the fence about, I felt like the storyline was rehearsed and not very 'organic'...if that makes sen
Michele
Initially, I was drawn to this book by the gorgeous cover and then the blurb reeled me in. You are immediately thrown into the life of a young woman named Abby who is living with her grandmother, working two jobs and sending herself through college on scholarships and grants. She works hard for everything and has experienced tremendous loss in her life. Abby meets up with Jacob and his friend Luke who are vacationing in West Virginia. Not only does Jacob have money, he is also the son of a promi ...more
Kate R
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
*3.5 stars*
Something That Could Last is a really solid debut from a new author. It’s a steamy new adult romance taking place over a 2-week time period during the summer. I thought it was very well written. Abby and Jacob meet when he comes to her town for vacation. They have an instant connection, and proceed to have a brief love affair. They are pretty much opposites, with him being a Senator’s son living a life of privilege and her having a completely different upbringing. I did struggle with
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is my first book by Cade and I really liked her writing style! I love the drive that Abby has. She wants to go to school and works to make it happen! I love how she is proud of her heritage. I really enjoyed Jacob. I thought that he was sweet and I liked how he was trying to figure out what life is. I loved how they are two people from two different worlds and how neither were looking for the other. I thought that the interactions between Abby and Jacob were sweet and fitting. This book was ...more
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
***I received this novel as an eARC from NetGalley. All opinions are my own.***

I was so excited to get a copy of this book to review. The New Adult genre is currently my obsession. However, not all of the content within it is something that speaks to me. Thankfully, Something That Could Last really hits all the sweet spots for me. Also, appropriate amounts of steam and sexy time.

Abby is a small town girl with plans for the summer. Plan to make some money for college and to take care of her grand
Stacie Christensen
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say opposites attract. I never believed that until I met Abby.

When the expectations became too much, I decided to escape to the hills of West Virginia with my best friend for a summer of fun, some R & R and a little white water rafting. I wanted to lose myself in the outdoors, but instead found Abby. A
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Something That Could Last is good read. Jacob is from money. He's escaping to West Virginia with his friend (Luke) to enjoy the great outdoors. Even though Jacob is from money, he's a good guy. He's not snobby at all. He's nice and sweet. I really like him. Abby is a sweet down to earth girl. Neither is looking for love when they meet. They have a great connection. This one is a sweet slow burn romance. There story had me hooked from beginning to end. The ending surprised me, I wasn't expecting ...more
Jamie
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Something That Could Last is a debut novel for Author Ashley Cade, and boy does it deliver!
I absolutely loved this book, it was sweet with heat. I really enjoyed the banter between the characters, I found myself laughing out loud at times. If you are looking for a great book, with personable characters I highly recommend this book.
Side note: there is a cliffhanger at the end of this book that has me wanting a second book!
A Lucky Grace
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

While this was a good book, it just sort of ended which left me a little unsure. It wasn't bad in any way. I loved it but wish there was more. However, since this is book one I'm certain more will follow.

This follows Jacob and Abby and the two weeks they spend together. The title really says it all. You can see so much potential in their relationship.
Amber Behnke
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read! The characters just jump off the page. very descriptive so you feel like you are really there. Abby and Jacob are so perfect together. Can't wait to see where the story goes next!
Bookgyrl
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cliffhanger
First: what a beautiful cover. It caught my eye and I could not resist it.

Abby is a lovely heroine. Living with her grandmother, working to jobs to be able to study. She was quite a character. During one of her jobs she meets Jacob, who is traveling with his friend Luke and is immediately taken by Abby. For two weeks Abby and Jacob have a whirlwind romance, before Jacob has to get back to his own privileged world. There worlds couldn't be further apart. Jacob is the son of a senator and has his
Mary S. R.
Apr 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-adult, romance
I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I hope this NA Romance is as addicting as it promises to be!
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Ashley and I absolutely adored how she wrote this book with these amazing characters!

You couldn’t have asked for better characters to fall in love. Abby and Jacob are from two very different worlds but that didn’t stop the universe from bringing them together.

Abby worked hard so that she could achieve her dream of going to college! Abby works two jobs to help pay for and achieve her dream And being a zip line instructor isnt all that glamorous. But it help
Cindy Fong
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a slow burn, new adult, sweet romance. Abby is a good complex character and we get to see all sides of her throughout this story. From sweet and unsure to bold and sassy. Jacob is a swoon worthy hero as he never expects to meet someone like Abby but know that she is "his one" and will do everything to show her that he cares.

Love happens in 14 days and it is really sweet to see all of the ways that Jacob is willing to go to woo Abby. His life is so different than hers but they just click
Within The Pages Book Blog
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when you met someone that you aren’t supposed to fall in love with? Jacob is a Senator's son, and needs to get out of the limelight for a bit. When he and his best friend Luke decide to take a few weeks to hang out, they end up in a small West Virginia town where they meet Abby and her best friend Tiff. Tiff and Luke of course get along well, but it’s Abby and Jacob that really enjoy spending their time together even though they know that Jacob eventually has to go back to his real ...more
Reemah
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
I had the privilege of proofreading this amazing book. I absolutely loved reading it. Abby and Jacob are such great, real characters. I love the whole story of how they meet and watching their relationship develop and grow. I felt real emotions reading this book and can’t wait to read more about Abby and Jacob. Ashley Cade wrote a fantastic debut book and I can’t wait to read more from her in the future.
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once I read the description of this book, I knew that I wanted to read this book. I loved that this was a book about opposites attracting there one of my favourite types of books.
Abby and Jacob were so adorable, and I absolutely loved them together. There relationship wasn’t a fast burn romance, if it happened it be then I don’t think I would have enjoyed the story as much.
Jacob’s father is a senator and due to that Jacob has had a privileged life. He is attending a top-notch university and one
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Something That Could Last by Ashley Cade this is the story of Abby and Jacob.
Jacob is the rich son of a Senator that goes to the best schools but takes a break to head to West Virginia where he ends up meeting Abby. Abby is totally different from him and the girls that he usually runs into. Abby is holding down two jobs to pay for her college and has only ever been able to depend on herself. But the sparks fly and feelings become engaged.
Enjoyed their story.
Wendy Livingstone
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me but I will certainly be looking out for her work in the future. Abby and Jacob are total opposites as Jacob comes from a privileged life, where as Abby works two jobs to help pay for her college tuition. This is an engaging story which is sweet, steamy, humorous, and is a slow burn romance with witty banter thrown in. I was intrigued and hooked throughout and look forward to the sequel. I recommend for all readers.
Thuy Taylor
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abby and Jacob meet while he's in town to get away from the hustle and bustle that is his life. He's in the public eye with his father being in the public eye in poitics, so he got away her little town. Abby is a hard working, sweet character who wants to live a good and happy life. They're opposite of one another but they have this pull with each other they can't ignore. I love reading the friends antics. Their friends were quite funny and quite the oppsite of each other.

This book does end in a
Lauren
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
New Author ... this book was super sweet and fun to read this is definitely a slow burn. Abby and Jacob have great chemistry and make you wanna read more. Abby is spunky and out going to where Jacob is more privileged and his parents expect nothing but excellence. This book was a great first book its funny had me smiling and kept me engaged but man does it end on a cliff hanger!
Maureen
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, romance
When I saw this cover on Netgalley I was intrigued, and after I read the book description I knew I wanted to read this book. I was in need of a good romance novel, so when I was approved to read ‘Something That Could Last’ I couldn’t be more excited. I started reading as fast as possible.

In ‘Something That Could Last’ we meet Abby. Abby’s life has been hard the last view years and she has to work two jobs almost every day to make sure she can finish college and pay for her other expanses. The la
Messy Bun Book Blog
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I am a little sad about how it ended and I hope there is news of a sequel soon. This was a well-written opposites attract story. I loved Abby and Jacob, but I need more right now!
« previous 1 3 next »
Ashley is an author and book lover living in Ohio with her husband and two sons. She's loved reading since childhood and has always enjoyed creating characters and stories. She finds inspiration everywhere: a song on the radio, a person she passes on the street, a place she's visited on vacation. She lets her imagination run wild and her fingers do the typing.

Connect with her on all platforms

Websi