Start by marking “The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)

The Open Door

(The Found Duet #2.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Laurelin Paige comes a new story in her Found Duet series…

I knew JC was trouble the minute I laid eyes on him.

Breaking every rule in my club. I never forget how he made me feel that night. With all the women in that room, all those bodies on display, but his eyes were only on me.

Of course I married him. Now years h
Published September 10th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about The Open Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Open Door

Mindy Lou's Book Review
Shelves: 2019, novella
So many good things about this novella... For fans of Gwen and JC, we get to see how they are doing years later with marriage under their belts, and the joys of raising 3 young boys in their very busy lives. It's like a fun epilogue and pretty satisfying to see these two still so much in love.

This also can be read as a standalone. You don't need to know their back history to enjoy a story about a a married couple trying new things to spice things up.

The idea behind The Open Door is a great way
Karen
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do I get an invite? I want in. Jeepers it’s sexy! All manner of kink provided for.

Gwen and JC still adore each other. They’re just tired. Three kids does that to you. When an invite to an Open Door party comes their way, they debate it, decide on boundaries and then hop on. What a hot sexy adventure.

Seriously, I need an invite. I think my bestie T might be able to help.

It’s oh so delicious. I loved riding the merry go round with them and seeing some familiar faces.

Made me want to have a do
CerysAnne
Full transparency: I wasn't expecting to like this novella as much as I did.

Laurelin Paige has been evolving in her stories recently when it comes to the kinks her characters like, so much so that she's introduced us to an elite, invitation-only sex club known as The Open Door. It's a club that allows people to explore their desires and limits in a safe, consensual, and open setting where no one will judge, and anything is allowed; roleplays, swingers, voyeurism, BDSM, etc.

Whilst I am open-minde
Jypsy
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Inkslinger and the author for an advanced copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Open Door:
A Found Duet Novella
By: Laureline Paige

*REVIEW* 💋💋💋💋
The Open Door is my introduction to Laureline Paige, as well as Gwen and JC. This story is definitely relatable for anyone who has been married for a while with kids. It's so easy to let things slide, and problems gradually develop. I think most married women feel unattractive or undesirable at some point, so Gwen' s feelings are not
Theresa Natole
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT HOT HOT Even though we get married, have children and become a family you should never forget that you are also a couple. Never let life get in the way of spending alone time together. The Open Door gave them an opportunity to connect again and also explore some things they both thought about but didn't know how to express. What I loved about this story was they were open with each other and before going to the Open Door each time they agreed with what each one wanted and would be comfortabl ...more
KC Caron
A Slinky Provocative Celebration of Sex and Motherhood

Open Door is a wanton almost wicked exploration that pushes the boundaries of Happy Wife Happy Life.

Domestic diversions in New York? JC and Gwen from the Found Duet? And oh my god! JC has the greatest kink of all time! Only Laurelin Paige can deflate boobs, hurl barf and then write about the naughtiest parents ever in her Filthy Universe. Y’all are gonna be jealous of Gwen. We should all get so lucky.

With a simple note: “Interested?” Paig
Rhonda Ziglar
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 HOT SEXY STARS!! HOT, HOT, HOT and SEXY!! This novella had me drinking ice cold water all the way through. JC and Gwen know how to turn up the heat after marriage and kids....my kindle was burning up. These two will have you flipping pages. I totally recommend this hot sexy read.
Lauren Luman
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This erotic peek into the married with children life of JC and Gwen was fantastic.

I loved seeing how life has been for these 2. I'm not married but it was unique to see a storyline about an already married couple. Those who are trying to juggle work, children, and a sex life. The imperfections of navigating parenthood while attempting to keep the sexy times just that... sexy. This is real life, relatable.

The Open Door was sexy and steamy and full of heart, like most of Paige's work. A definite
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a dirty and delicious read.

It felt like an honest exploration of desire and sexuality after marriage. After kids and jobs and every day life gets in the way of your passions.

JC & Gwen were amazing and honest and brave and their chemistry poured from the page. Loved everything about it!

Definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book.
Charmane Hackworth
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved getting a little more from Gwen and JC. This book was really hot!!
Lisa Hemming
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gwen is tired and overwhelmed with motherhood but wouldn’t change anything about her life. She is madly in love with her husband JC, has the job of her dreams and cherishes her best friend, Alayna. But she feels unsure of herself sexually, and when she received a mysterious email from JC, she was hurt that he would suggest a “sex club” as something their relationship would need. She had heard about The Open Door, but had never thought about what went on behind closed doors. Gwen wasn’t shy about ...more
AJ's book-reMarks
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A hot steamy novella regarding a secret sex club called The Open Door. Laurelin Paige has been hanging out with her buddy Sierra Simone and has been taking notes from the queen of sex!
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT DAMN!
What a sexy as hell read...

Well, to be honest, I was not expecting what I got when I dived into this. I knew it was going to be a sexy read. It's a Laurelin Paige book, it was a given. The author has written some of the sexiest books I've read before... and this was no different, and like most her other books, it held more than kinky sex, and bdsm elements. It held depth, and I actually feel like I’ve taken something positive away this book. Whether that was the authors intent or not,
AC Book Blog
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
OH WHOA!!! That was HOT! Our favorite couple is back for the after. Gwen and JC are now married with 3 kids. Their days involved sleepless night, dirty diapers, and puke. Who the heck has time for sex much less romance? When JC brought home an invite to The Open Door aka. voyeur’s paradise where couple can watch or participate, could they turn it down?
Of course, it wasn’t an easy sell at first because after a woman bore three children, she is entitled to feel a little subconscious about her body
kgagnon
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this exploration of what happens after the HEA! JC & Gwen are madly in love, but with work, kids, and life, time for their relationship can take a backseat. When they are gifted a membership to a sex club called The Open Door, Gwen starts considering the possibilities. This is an honest, thought provoking, and deliciously dirty look at the challenges, insecurities, jealousies, passion, love, and trust they bravely face together. Being a wife and mother I could relate to so ...more
Becky
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JC and Gwen are back in a book that is both sexy hot and moving.

Gwen's a mother of three under six boys. I can't even imagine what that is like, but in the hands of Laurelin Paige we get a careful, thoughtful and sensitive portrayal. Gwen's body has produced three children, but she's feeling the affects of it. Sees them in herself. Then there's the sex life of a couple with three small children.

The Gwen we encounter is a reflective one, wanting to find some ways to get the sexy back.

Into this mi
Jackie Bogart
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella is jaw droppingly hot! The Open Door by Laurelin Paige is the story of a couple with the opportunity to explore every fantasy they could possibly dream of. For readers of the Found Duet, you get a chance to catch up with JC and Gwen, who are blissfully married, while new readers will have no problem reading this as an introduction. The Open Door is surprisingly relatable. Paige expertly delivers smoking hot scenes balanced with the thoughts and feelings so many women would be experi ...more
Stephanie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! JC & Gwen’s story was burning up the pages! I haven’t read the first two books in the series, but I was able to follow along and enjoy JC & Gwen’s story. I will definitely reading the other two books in the series.

I love beyond words Laurelin Paige’s writing!

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Elizabeth Swain
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY FAVORITE COUPLE IS BACK AND LET ME TELL YOU... IT GETS HOT! 🔥 Laurelin Paige does it right! JC & Gwen bring the heat back to their marriage! Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic’s Read

What happens when JC & Gwen get the invitation to the rumored Open Door? Let’s just say that when a married couple who are deeply in love want to find some spice they do it right! I blushed the entire time.

JC & Gwen are found in the Find/Free Me Duet.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ 10 Stars Good! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Juli Hall
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gwen and JC are back. They are married with children. JC gets an invite to a sex club party and is intrigued, so is Gwen. It’s hot, steamy and oh so good. Short one too.
Michelle
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
JC is one of my favorite guys in Laurelin Paige’s lineup of heroes. I enjoyed catching up with Gwen and JC and seeing them spice things up between work, kids and marriage. The Open Door is a real eye opener for them and JC is so understanding and supportive of Gwen’s desires, they’re as hot as always. I think the conversation between Alayna, Norma and Gwen was my favorite part because it was hilarious and also highlighted how far these characters have come since their own stories.
Amy Toward
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a quick steamy read. I loved reading about JC and Gwen and how they reconnected in a very special place. Laurelin Paige writes the best erotica stories with a lot of passion and love combined.
Michele
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Open Door is a new sexy novella about Gwen and JC. After several years of marriage and three children, JC and Gwen get an invitation to join an exclusive club called The Open Door, and it's one ride you don't want to miss. This novella is steamy, smoldering, and smoking hot!
Kayla
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I’d discovered something I enjoyed. Discovering it with the person I loved most in the world made it feel significantly more profound.

The Open Door was another fabulous 1001 Dark Nights installment from Laurelin Paige. I always get excited when I know these novellas are coming. They are a nice way to reconnect with past characters of Laurelin's. And lets be honest they are always sizzling HOT! The Open Door only gets more and more enticing with each book its introduced in. I love the author's
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
A provocative, naughty, and scandalously hot quick read!

The Open Door is an erotic novella featuring a married couple finding new, illicit ways of reconnecting intimately, about revitalizing their desires and sexual chemistry that may have lost some of its fire over the years.

Gwen and JC were simply amazing! Their love and devotion towards one another and their children had only grown over the years. But the heat and carnal intimacy they once shared seemed to wane as life became more hectic. The
Rachael
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gwen & JC, holy smoking hot married couple Batman! Man, these two were amazing. I have only read the 1st of their books, but this being a 1001 Dark Nights Novella means you don’t have to have any previous knowledge of this authors books in order to enjoy it. That is perhaps what I love most about 1001 Dark Nights. Sometimes you find new authors this way and sometimes you get a bonus Novella about some characters you are missing desperately! It’s a fun way to catch up with them. In this case, ...more
Karen
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelly Reynolds
Shelves: erotica, romance, bdsm
"You want to know what my kink is?"
"What?"
"My kink is you."

Holy Hannah this is one sensual,sexy, down-right hot little story!!

I think anyone who's been married, or in a relationship for a long time, can notice a little (or a big)dip in the level of steam between the two of you. Life happens. Work, kids, you know, just....stuff, can get in the way, distract you, zap your libido.

JC and Gwen were always a hot couple, but this? This is off the charts!! Taking advantage of the gift of a membership t
Michelle
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot, hot, hot! This is a novella about Gwen and JC after they’re married and have kids. If you want the full background of Gwen and JC, you’ll want to read Free Me and Find Me. However, I have not read them and still enjoyed Open Door so much! I was aware of this couple from the fixed trilogy, so their names were familiar to me.

Open Door was fun to read because Gwen and JC have three kiddos and are extremely busy. But who isn’t? It was refreshing to know that they could still spice up their rel
Lisa   cheney
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my to say this book wasn't hot you would be telling your self the truth. Gwen gets an email from her husband JC are you interested. What would this all in tell? Welcome to the Open Door, Gwen had heard of it before? oh yes it was where the rich and the cream of the crop socialites Played. would this be a real thing? For Gwen and Jc they were not lacking anything in the bed room but who wouldn't want to spice things up? could the two be open enough to make this work. Both of them are intereste ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Laurelin Paige is the NYT, WSJ, USA Today Bestselling Author of the international sensation, The Fixed Trilogy. She's also written other popular books in the Fixed Universe as well as the Dirty Universe and has cowritten with both Kayti McGee and Sierra Simone.
Are you looking for a romantic comedy or something hot and angsty? Here's Laurelin's list of books broken down by trope and reading o

The Found Duet (2 books)
  • Free Me (The Found Duet, #1)
  • Find Me (The Found Duet, #2)