Start by marking “The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)

The Open Door

(The Found Duet #2.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Laurelin Paige comes a new story in her Found Duet series…

I knew JC was trouble the minute I laid eyes on him.

Breaking every rule in my club. I never forget how he made me feel that night. With all the women in that room, all those bodies on display, but his eyes were only on me.

Of course I married him. Now years h
Kindle Edition, 1001 Dark Nights #109, 125 pages
Published September 10th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about The Open Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Open Door

Start your review of The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Shelves: novella, 2019
So many good things about this novella... For fans of Gwen and JC, we get to see how they are doing years later with marriage under their belts, and the joys of raising 3 young boys in their very busy lives. It's like a fun epilogue and pretty satisfying to see these two still so much in love.

This also can be read as a standalone. You don't need to know their back history to enjoy a story about a a married couple trying new things to spice things up.

The idea behind The Open Door is a great way
Karen
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How do I get an invite? I want in. Jeepers it’s sexy! All manner of kink provided for.

Gwen and JC still adore each other. They’re just tired. Three kids does that to you. When an invite to an Open Door party comes their way, they debate it, decide on boundaries and then hop on. What a hot sexy adventure.

Seriously, I need an invite. I think my bestie T might be able to help.

It’s oh so delicious. I loved riding the merry go round with them and seeing some familiar faces.

Made me want to have a do
CerysAnne
Full transparency: I wasn't expecting to like this novella as much as I did.

Laurelin Paige has been evolving in her stories recently when it comes to the kinks her characters like, so much so that she's introduced us to an elite, invitation-only sex club known as The Open Door. It's a club that allows people to explore their desires and limits in a safe, consensual, and open setting where no one will judge, and anything is allowed; roleplays, swingers, voyeurism, BDSM, etc.

Whilst I am open-minde
Lauren Luman
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This erotic peek into the married with children life of JC and Gwen was fantastic.

I loved seeing how life has been for these 2. I'm not married but it was unique to see a storyline about an already married couple. Those who are trying to juggle work, children, and a sex life. The imperfections of navigating parenthood while attempting to keep the sexy times just that... sexy. This is real life, relatable.

The Open Door was sexy and steamy and full of heart, like most of Paige's work. A definite
Theresa Natole
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT HOT HOT Even though we get married, have children and become a family you should never forget that you are also a couple. Never let life get in the way of spending alone time together. The Open Door gave them an opportunity to connect again and also explore some things they both thought about but didn't know how to express. What I loved about this story was they were open with each other and before going to the Open Door each time they agreed with what each one wanted and would be comfortabl ...more
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT DAMN!
What a sexy as hell read...

Well, to be honest, I was not expecting what I got when I dived into this. I knew it was going to be a sexy read. It's a Laurelin Paige book, it was a given. The author has written some of the sexiest books I've read before... and this was no different, and like most her other books, it held more than kinky sex, and bdsm elements. It held depth, and I actually feel like I’ve taken something positive away this book. Whether that was the authors intent or not,
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a dirty and delicious read.

It felt like an honest exploration of desire and sexuality after marriage. After kids and jobs and every day life gets in the way of your passions.

JC & Gwen were amazing and honest and brave and their chemistry poured from the page. Loved everything about it!

Definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
It’s been four years since I finished reading The Found Duet so I was more than excited to dip back into JC & Gwen’s life.

Like most people that are busy raising a family, JC & Gwen struggle to be able to spend any quality time together as a couple. Lack of time, sleep and interruptions has meant the physical side of their relationship isn’t the way it used to be, before children. Things are still just as hot sexually but quick fucks are getting to be too regular these days.

When JC proposes they
KC Caron (Aprhodites Reading Alphas)
A Slinky Provocative Celebration of Sex and Motherhood

Open Door is a wanton almost wicked exploration that pushes the boundaries of Happy Wife Happy Life.

Domestic diversions in New York? JC and Gwen from the Found Duet? And oh my god! JC has the greatest kink of all time! Only Laurelin Paige can deflate boobs, hurl barf and then write about the naughtiest parents ever in her Filthy Universe. Y’all are gonna be jealous of Gwen. We should all get so lucky.

With a simple note: “Interested?” Paig
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
OH WHOA!!! That was HOT! Our favorite couple is back for the after. Gwen and JC are now married with 3 kids. Their days involved sleepless night, dirty diapers, and puke. Who the heck has time for sex much less romance? When JC brought home an invite to The Open Door aka. voyeur’s paradise where couple can watch or participate, could they turn it down?
Of course, it wasn’t an easy sell at first because after a woman bore three children, she is entitled to feel a little subconscious about her body
Rhonda Ziglar
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 HOT SEXY STARS!! HOT, HOT, HOT and SEXY!! This novella had me drinking ice cold water all the way through. JC and Gwen know how to turn up the heat after marriage and kids....my kindle was burning up. These two will have you flipping pages. I totally recommend this hot sexy read.
Lisa Hemming
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gwen is tired and overwhelmed with motherhood but wouldn’t change anything about her life. She is madly in love with her husband JC, has the job of her dreams and cherishes her best friend, Alayna. But she feels unsure of herself sexually, and when she received a mysterious email from JC, she was hurt that he would suggest a “sex club” as something their relationship would need. She had heard about The Open Door, but had never thought about what went on behind closed doors. Gwen wasn’t shy about ...more
Dirty Little Secret Book Blog
Laurelin's third contribution to the 1001 Dark Nights series, and it was just perfect.

But I'll admit, before I started I had my doubts. A married couple? Visiting a sex club? What's the romantic ARC? So I settled in for a lot of steamy and maybe not so much story.

Game, match: LP.

Even in a novella, Laurelin Paige gave me all the drama and lust that make her books and characters so captivating. And I loved revisiting Gwen & JC in their perfectly imperfect happily ever after.

And I'm facepalming
Jypsy
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Inkslinger and the author for an advanced copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Open Door:
A Found Duet Novella
By: Laureline Paige

*REVIEW* 💋💋💋💋
The Open Door is my introduction to Laureline Paige, as well as Gwen and JC. This story is definitely relatable for anyone who has been married for a while with kids. It's so easy to let things slide, and problems gradually develop. I think most married women feel unattractive or undesirable at some point, so Gwen' s feelings are not
Kim
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book! As a parent of two, I remember the days when we just couldn’t seem to connect. Laurelin Paige tells the tale of two people still completely in love with each other but just don’t have the time to be anything other than parents. The Open Door is the story of JC and Gwen, who are given the opportunity to reconnect in one hell of a way! This hot, sexy novella will get you in the mood to rekindle your romance with your significant other ;)
Kelly Green
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, hot-af
Whew! What a hot short read! I have always loved Gwen and JC. I remember in Fixed Forever when Gwen was talking to Alayna about The Open Door and I really was curious about what was going to happen with that! And now I know! I was so into it! I loved how their story navigated though such a touchy matter. The insecurities that Gwen suffers from are completely identifiable. And the way that she wants to please her man is so admirable... wanting to push her boundaries but still being comfortable wi ...more
Beneath The Covers Blog
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, kelly, sonal, 2019-reads
Full dual reviews can be found HERE
--> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
--> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARCs provided for voluntary honest reviews.* ~Kelly & Sonal
kgagnon
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this exploration of what happens after the HEA! JC & Gwen are madly in love, but with work, kids, and life, time for their relationship can take a backseat. When they are gifted a membership to a sex club called The Open Door, Gwen starts considering the possibilities. This is an honest, thought provoking, and deliciously dirty look at the challenges, insecurities, jealousies, passion, love, and trust they bravely face together. Being a wife and mother I could relate to so man ...more
Jackie Bogart
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella is jaw droppingly hot! The Open Door by Laurelin Paige is the story of a couple with the opportunity to explore every fantasy they could possibly dream of. For readers of the Found Duet, you get a chance to catch up with JC and Gwen, who are blissfully married, while new readers will have no problem reading this as an introduction. The Open Door is surprisingly relatable. Paige expertly delivers smoking hot scenes balanced with the thoughts and feelings so many women would be experi ...more
Becky
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JC and Gwen are back in a book that is both sexy hot and moving.

Gwen's a mother of three under six boys. I can't even imagine what that is like, but in the hands of Laurelin Paige we get a careful, thoughtful and sensitive portrayal. Gwen's body has produced three children, but she's feeling the affects of it. Sees them in herself. Then there's the sex life of a couple with three small children.

The Gwen we encounter is a reflective one, wanting to find some ways to get the sexy back.

Into this mi
Kelly Emery
A provocative, naughty, and scandalously hot quick read!

The Open Door is an erotic novella featuring a married couple finding new, illicit ways of reconnecting intimately, about revitalizing their desires and sexual chemistry that may have lost some of its fire over the years.

Gwen and JC were simply amazing! Their love and devotion towards one another and their children had only grown over the years. But the heat and carnal intimacy they once shared seemed to wane as life became more hectic. The
Charmane Phillips
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved getting a little more from Gwen and JC. This book was really hot!!
Liz
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved anything from Laurelin Pagie’s Fixed world, so when I saw she was going to give us a look into Gwen and JC’s happily ever after, from The Found Duet, I was so excited. The Open Door was a look into life after marriage, kids and everyday life. Gwen and JC are still in love and happy, but sometimes life gets in the way of being a couple. How do you get that connection back? You open the door to all kinds of possibilities!

I loved seeing Gwen and JC’s life now. Seeing how importa
Chantal
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gwen and JC. I love all of Laurelin’s characters. And this couple is no different. Married now with kids their lives are busy and there is not much time for play. That is until they are introduced to The Open Door. A prestige club offering all the opportunities for a fun sexy evening.

But is this what they need. What they want. It only takes one experience to get hooked and it is just what they need to spice up their marriage. How far will they go? Only one way to find out.

A sexy and hot novella.
Stephanie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! JC & Gwen’s story was burning up the pages! I haven’t read the first two books in the series, but I was able to follow along and enjoy JC & Gwen’s story. I will definitely reading the other two books in the series.

I love beyond words Laurelin Paige’s writing!

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
AJ's book-reMarks
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A hot steamy novella regarding a secret sex club called The Open Door. Laurelin Paige has been hanging out with her buddy Sierra Simone and has been taking notes from the queen of sex!
Rebecca
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gwen and JC were hawt in The Found Duet, but in The Open Door, they’re even more electric, not only because JC continues to push Gwen’s sexual boundaries but also because they’re a happily married couple with children they adore who still yearn for each other desperately, and even though they don’t get nearly enough time to be alone, experiencing the ecstasy of their joined bodies, they still can easily get lost in each other, reaping the benefits of their chemistry, their devotion, and their lo ...more
Felicia Eddy
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading Open Door by Laurelin Paige is like visiting old friends - JC and Gwen.

Ms Paige pulls you back into their love story but it's now 8 years and kids later and while the love is still stronger than ever there is some doubt and insecurity with Gwen. It doesnt help that JC comes home with a membership to Open Door a sex club which Gwen is unsure about but wants to please her husband, and that's where the story starts to get interesting.

It was so good going back and revisiting Gwen and JC. Th
Erin Lewis
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of The Open Door (The Found Duet #2)) by Laurelin Paige

This was a smoking hot, quick read that reeled me in and held me captive from the first to the last chapter.

What do you do to spice up your relationship when you’ve been married for years and have 3 children? That’s the position JC and Gwen now find themselves in and no doubt many of those who are reading this book will be able to relate too.

Gwen has heard about the Open Door, a club where fantasy’s can and do come true. A pla
The Book Lover
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow just wow! Holy hotness!! It was great to revisit Gwen and JC for sure!.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Misadventures in Blue
  • Ruined With You (Stark Security, #3)
  • Tease Me (Stark International Security, #2)
  • The Engagement Gift (The Gift, #1)
  • Dirty Rich Secrets: Part Three (Dirty Rich Secrets, #3)
  • Dirty Rich Secrets: Part Two (Dirty Rich Secrets, #2)
  • Delight Me (Stark Ever After Celebration)
  • Indulge Me (Stark Ever After #6.3)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • American Squire
  • Audition
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • Iron Crowne
  • The Decadent Gift (The Gift #3)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Harvest of Sighs (Thornchapel, #3)
  • One Night Only (The Extravagant, #1)
  • Elijah Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #1)
Laurelin Paige is the NYT, WSJ, USA Today Bestselling Author of the international sensation, The Fixed Trilogy. She's also written other popular books in the Fixed Universe as well as the Dirty Universe and has cowritten with both Kayti McGee and Sierra Simone.
Are you looking for a romantic comedy or something hot and angsty? Here's Laurelin's list of books broken down by trope and reading o

The Found Duet (2 books)
  • Free Me (The Found Duet, #1)
  • Find Me (The Found Duet, #2)