Start by marking “Lie (Foolish Kingdoms) (Volume 3)” as Want to Read:
Lie (Foolish Kingdoms) (Volume 3)

Lie (Foolish Kingdoms)

(Foolish Kingdoms #3)

Once upon a time, there lived a liar...

In the Kingdom of Autumn, Aspen is a girl of the trees.
She’s a girl who knows her way around a falsehood.
She’s the artful liar who steals from the Crown.

Once upon a time, there lived a knight...

In the shadows of a castle, Aire is a man of the wind.
He’s a man who sees through Aspen’s treachery.
He’s the relentless knight who pursues
Published November 6th 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Lie (Foolish Kingdoms), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lie (Foolish Kingdoms)

Natalia
Apr 20, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Update 11/8/2018: IT'S RELEASE DAY! SO EXCITED!

US: click here
UK: click here
Australia: click here
Canada: click here
Candace Robinson
I absolutely love the Foolish Kingdoms series! The first two books were absolutely stunning and emotional and this one was just as good!

First, yes, there are cameos from characters from previous books! Also, one is a big side character! Then there is the perfect swoon from the two new characters! Aire is such a sweetheart yet badass, while Aspen is the right amount of cool attitude! Can I also just say I adored the setting of this one which was in the kingdom of Autumn!

I seriously am in love wit
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review!!

I LOVED TRICK SO MUCH OMG AGH! Here we go!
Kate
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, favourites
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I'm...wow. I have been waiting months for this book and I can say with surety, it was worth it. Natalia Jaster has proven once again why she's one of my very favourite authors. The worlds she builds are interesting and vivid, the characters are intriguing, flawed and engaging and the love stories are never easy but always tugging at your heartstrings.

This has been a very VERY solid 4.5 star read for me (I rounded up to 5 since I liked
sonali
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Siobhan
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trick, the first book in Natalia Jaster’s Foolish Kingdoms series, was an interesting read. I wasn’t obsessed with it in the way I had expected to be, but it was enjoyable enough to leave me wanting more. Dare, the second book in the Foolish Kingdoms series, had me addicted. It left me more than a little desperate to dive into Lie. As I’d hoped, I adored Lie. It was a fabulous third book and has left me in dire need of Dream. In fact, a drowning man is less in need of oxygen than I am of Dream a ...more
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
Actual rating: 3.8/5 🌟🌟🌟🌟

I love that this story takes place in Mista (the kingdom of Autumn) and we got to revisit old favorite characters from Trick. And I love that it’s a retelling of Pinnochio but with a girl - and a romantic twist. I really enjoyed the continued theme of opposites attract in this series. I liked the new characters - Aspen; the girl made of wood who steals from the crown, and Aire; the noble knight who chases after her (even though Aire frustrated me sometimes 😅).

And I’m re
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted On My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

I love fairytale-ish romance novels and I'm a great fan of Natalia Jaster's Foolish Kingdoms series. Besides love, this series also focuses on mental disabilities which is very rare in fantasy books. Lie is a third installment in the series. This book can be read as a stand-alone but I would recommend you to read the first two books because they're amazing.  I loved Trick, Flare, and  now Aspen. I absolutely love the new covers which are stunn
Teigan
Oct 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I better love this as much as I loved Trick.
Jodie
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 Stars
Sheharzad ⚘ (hiatus)
No matter how many times I read it, the prologue will always punch me in the gut. Oh, Ms. Jaster. Why must you attack our feels in just the first few pages? Jaster's books are my absolute favourite because of their magic, lyrical prose, and relatable characters. She writes the most layered and diverse characters and I just?? Wow.

Just like the previous books' characters, Aspen and Aire were so endearing and well-matched. And it's not only them but the handful of new characters we meet who are so
Maddy Estherby
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Having loved Trick, and enjoyed Dare, I was super excited to jump into this book and I was not disappointed. Full of fairytale goodness, I adored the writing, plot and characters in this story, and was full to the brim of happiness when I finished.

My thoughts:

This book is the third book in the Foolish Kingdoms with this series quickly becoming one of my favourites. I absolutely adored Trick when it came out and often find myself rer
Jenni
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is so wonderful to be back in the Foolish Kingdoms, and I have to say that after reading the synopsis, I was so excited to read Lie and get to know Aspen and Aire. Since reading Trick, the first book in the series, I had hoped that we would get to spend more time in the Autumn Kingdom and I was not disappointed! Lie was just as incredible as I had hoped.

It's a lose, genderbent retelling of Pinocchio, and Aspen is an incredible protagonist. She firmly believes she is not the kind of girl who d
Brin
**I received this book for free from the Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

#REVIEW

Well, I'm three for three now - 'Lie' by Natalia Jaster has managed to exceed my sky-high expectations! The first book 'Trick' stole my heart right from the beginning. 'Dare' took a little bit longer to warm up to but I was smitten by the end. 'Lie' however grabbed me by my shirt collar and refused to let go until I had admitted defeat
Melody Thio
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I have always been in love with Natalia Jaster’s lyrical writing style and the moral message within in. Once again, she teaches us to overcome our insecurities and embrace our differences, even if we are considered different from the society. Her writing is truly astounding. The contrast of Aspen’s modernized narrative and Aire’s poetic, period language shows her true abilities as a writer. (Lowkey hoping Natalia will write histori
Karina
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Don't you dare ever stop writing love stories, Natalia. Never ever. Forever ever.

I am literally the worst at writing reviews, I can only say that, once again, Natalia has written and expanded on an evocative, magical world. Her exploration of people and their flaws always tugs at my heartstrings and makes me Grinch out by making my heart grow three times its size.

I laughed. I cried. I swooned. What more could you need?
Anca
Nov 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This just didn't do it for me, and I rather enjoyed Trick and Dare.

I think the issue I had was that this story felt so forced. I kept trying to understand what lesson Jaster was trying to teach us in this besides the obvious. It didn't grip my heart like Dare, nor was it whimsically written like Trick. It tried so hard to be something that it ended up not really working.

This was a story about a puppet who came to life, who couldn't lie who wanted to be real...or did she want to save her mother?
alexis
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, mature-ya
I received an ARC of this book through the author in exchange for an honest review!

Since I started reading Natalia Jaster's work, which was truthfully at the beginning of the year on the recommendation of a fellow reader, I have fallen deeply in love with her talent and the true craftsmanship of her stories. Every read, including this one, leaves me in tears, astonished at the characters, the world, the love, and the dedication woven into these books by a true writer. And with "Lie," the same ri
Annika (wingsoffiction)
I received an arc of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Despite having loved both Trick and Dare I went into this book wary, as I tend not to enjoy romance in books, let alone whole books centered around the romance. Foolish Kingdoms however, continues to prove me wrong time after time.

I had a difficult time getting into the story at first, not being able to connect much with either of the two protagonists, but as the story progressed and we learne
Gaia Grazi

I loooooved this book for many reasons, which I'm going to list as best as I can (I just finised to read this book and I'm crying my heart out, so please, bear wih me).

1. The Characters: Aspen and Aire got a special spot in my heart that is very close to Briar and Poet (two of my favorite characters EVER). Aspen is a very badass, very sassy, very cheeky, very smartass, and very flawed and veeeery lovable timber gir
Raquel
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*DISCLAIMER* I HAVE RECEIVED A FREE COPY VIA THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST OPINION*DISCLAIMER*

It was amazing. I loved it. The characterization. The arcs. The growth. The autumn-ness. It was, I dare say, her best book yet.

There were problems of course. I didn’t like that Aire was a bit of an asshole during that one scene but besides that it wasn’t very problematic. The book as a whole was a journey. Instead of taking you to the fairytale, it brought the fairytale to you and in a whole ne
Jennifer Green
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers who also like a good romance
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review ....

So, this book started off a lot slower than I'm used to with Jaster's books, and at first, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it. Aire's voice didn't really work for me even though I got where Jaster was coming from in terms of his personality. At about 50 pages, the characters of Aspen and Aire grew on me enough that I cared about their story which is when I really couldn't put the book down.

What I liked? I enjoyed the story or back story
Karla
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I lived for Aspen and Aire, they were such a good example of enemies to lovers, and each were unique in the badassness, (is that even a word?), with Aspen being strong and cool and likable with her sarcasm and flirtations, while Aire was noble, chivalrous, honest, and cute. Punk and Nicu was a bonus-I loved the way Nicu expresses himself and how others are able to discern his words. He stole my heart in between Aspen and Aire's story. Of course, there are cameos in the form of Briar, Poet, and N ...more
Michelle*
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the Kingdom of Autumn, there lives a lying, manipulative girl... with wooden skin. Natalia Jaster's LIE follows Aspen as she attempts to heal her mother's ailing mind by stealing a magical acorn from the Crown. To unlock its secrets, she travels to the birthplace of the fairytale with Nicu, the runaway son of the Princess, and Aire, the begrudging, honest knight. Enemies turn to lovers as dishonesty and the past haunt everyone's actions.

My summary definitely didn't do this book justice. LIE w
Alison
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED THIS SO MUCH. Honestly, reading Natalia Jaster's books are like falling into my happy place. She can do no wrong with her gorgeous writing and wonderful characters.

In Lie we find a Pinochio-inspired character- Aspen, a girl with woodskin and whose nose grows when she lies. Aspen meets Aire, a noble knight of Whimtany, honest and swift with his sword.

With beautiful prose these characters are brought together against a gorgeous Autumn backdrop and heart-hurting circumstances.

Reasons to
julia
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
-- Received an ARC of this book through the author in exchange for an honest review!

Natalia has done it again! When I read Trick almost a year ago, I HAD to recommend it to all my book friends. I simply had not read such an intriguing, captivating and emotional story in a while. The Foolish Kingdoms series has an incredibly special place in my heart, and Lie is no exception.

(view spoiler)
Maya
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I should applaud or something.

What a story.

I mean… to be honest I expected nothing less, but it’s still gratifying to be right.

Lie pretty much has everything I want in a book: cute romance (but not too cheesy), an awesome fantasy universe, some angst, a dash of a moral thrown in, and--like the delicious chocolate sauce on top--it’s a fairytale retelling (those are my absolute weakness).

Of course, the writing was gorgeous--as always. I have not the faintest idea how Natalia Jaster d
Hira Chaudhary
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~I received an ARC of this book through the author in exchange for an honest review~

That may very well be my favorite book of the series so far. It was so incredible and fraught with beautiful relationships and bonds that can't be broken, a nature setting that was so wonderfully perfect, friendships and romances that made my heart melt, and the turning of fairytales on their heads, pointing out faults and righting wrongs and learning how heroes aren't always perfect and villains aren't always ev
Kaitlyn
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lie has been one my most looked-forward-to books in 2018 after reading Trick, Touch, and Dare. Natalia's poetic writing is so intricate and beautiful, and Lie didn't disappoint.

The book is a Pinocchio retelling centered around Aspen, the timber girl, and the First Knight, Aire. Like most of Natalia's books, it's an enemies-to-lovers trope perfectly blended with fantasy, with the underlying message that we should embrace our differences even if they don't match up to society's standards.

Overall
Vicky
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book? I’ll start by saying that Jaster never really disappoints with this beautiful and magical world. I absolutely adore this series (even if I haven’t read the second one yet, I love Trick, it is definitely one of my favourites) and Lie did not disappoint. I absolutely loved the characters, they’re just incredibly complex and filled with so many layers! I also adored the romance and even if I will forever miss Briar and Poet, this book is a nice addition to the series ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Natalia Jaster is the fantasy romance author of the Foolish Kingdoms & Selfish Myths series.

She loves to dream up settings that are realistic yet magical. She loves when raw angst collides with lyrical beauty, and when sweetness escalates to hotness. And she definitely loves treading the line between YA and NA.

She's also a total fool for first-kiss scenes, fanfiction, libraries, and starry nig

Foolish Kingdoms (4 books)
  • Trick (Foolish Kingdoms, #1)
  • Dare (Foolish Kingdoms, #2)
  • Dream (Foolish Kingdoms, #4)
“I did not care for that particular gaze, for the blank page of it. The unknown depleted me of words and sense, exhausting and exhilarating me to a formidable degree. The sight of her no longer made me squeamish, but rather something else.
All of this, yet I watched her.”
0 likes