Start by marking “Tidings of Joy (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Tidings of Joy (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 2)

Tidings of Joy

(The Friendly Beasts of Faraday #2)

Will a donkey, an adorable puppy, and a big-hearted man Prove tidings of Joy last beyond the holiday season?

Quiet and unassuming, Drew Miller is more than just a mail carrier in the small town of Faraday. A typical day on his route includes fetching cats out of trees, changing flat tires, and good-naturedly enduring the pranks of the octogenarian crowd. Unexpectedly, he

Published November 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Tidings of Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tidings of Joy

Jeffrey
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Appropriately titled, this is another joyful contemporary Christmas romance with a donkey and puppy playing unwitting matchmakers. Nobody but Shanna Hatfield can take two ordinary people like mailman Drew and work-at-home Joy to a higher plateau of romantic discovery, longing, and human contact. Joy Cooke has just inherited her grandparent's house in the small tight-knit community of Faraday in the foothills of Mount Hood. Their will stipulates she must live there for six months to own it outrig ...more
Tonya Lucas
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tidings Of Joy by Shanna Hatfield was hilarious. It definitely captured what the season of Christmas is about.
Drew and Joy are perfect for one another. Both needed something in their lives, but neither knew it was more a “someone” than a “something”, until two little matchmakers set the scene.
Pete and Bacon are the perfect duo, they captured my heart from the beginning.
This book also honored someone we all need and have in our daily lives, our mail carriers. So don’t forget to
Renate
Shelves: romance
Stayed up most of the night reading this delightfully unique humorous holiday romance about the Friendly Beasts of Faraday. The beautiful covers portray the animal in each story. As a Midwesterner I could identify with the wintery conditions and admired the mail man's tenacity in delivering mail. As a mother of three sons, I laughed hard when the poor mail man's split pants revealed a holiday inspired boxer. A mom after my own heart. The dog's name was fitting and made me chuckle. A well crafted ...more
Glenda Kinard
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is a delight to read!! I am loving the little Town of Faraday and the Animals working so diligently to help their humans to find a Happy Ever After. These books leave one with such a Warm Soft Fuzzy feeling like being wrapped in a Warm Blanket on a cold day. Shanna Hatfield books are spirit uplifters. One cannot read a book by her and not be touched. Loved this story of Drew and Joy’s. Makes you really believe in the Christmas Spirit.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Heart Full of Christmas

Tidings of Joy is the second story in The Friendly Beasts of Faraday series. And if I thought Scent of Cedar hooked me on this series, then Tidings of Joy just reeled me in even deeper.

The animals that take part in the yearly Live Nativity in Faraday are just as important to these stories as their humans are. We’ve met Lolly the camel who had a large part in Cedar and Rhett discovering that they needed each other, now it’s Pete the donkey’s turn wi
Ann-Maree Howarth
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book two was just a great as book one of this Christmas series set in Faraday where you will find pets doing the matchmaking. A true story of the Chrismas spirit at its best as the community comes together to help each other. We soon learn as we read that each of these books are taking part at the same timeframe as each other with all the male characters being friends and taking part in each book. Delightfully humorous holiday romance full of heartwarming love will delight you at anytime of the ...more
Dorothy Roller
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. This is the second story in the Friendly Beasts of Faraday series. This one has a donkey named Pete and a cute puppy named Bacon in it and Seth is the second of four men these animals in town are trying to set up with women who just move to town. But the turn on this one from the first book these are our heroine’s pets not Seth’s. Joy moves to town when her grandfather passes away and inherits the house she lived at a lot as a child and teen with her grandparents.< ...more
Brenda
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With the help of a donkey named Pete and a puppy named Bacon, anything is possible in this sweet Christmas romance filled with laughter and heartwarming love from USA Today Bestselling author Shanna Hatfield.

Among the brightest,
Nessa Hall
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This novel was definitely sweet! Drew is so sweet and thoughtful and gentleman like that I was especially happy to see him have his happily ever after. It’s clear that Joy has an unhealthy relationship with her parents but she doesn’t let it govern her actions which is quite admirable. I wished we could’ve known a little more about this though. Drew and Joy balance out each other well and Shanna did an amazing job at pacing their love story even thought this is is not a full length book. Pacing ...more
Tracy Sylvester
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet heartwarming, romance with a little whimsical Christmas spirit tossed in. Drew Miller is a hardworking postman who knows how to take a bad day in stride. He goes above and beyond as a mail delivery man. When out on his route he encounters a new client Joy Cooke and is instantly smitten with her. When fate causes him to find a letter he missed delivering to her it helps him to save her from freezing outside after a fall. You'll fall in love with the entire town of Faraday, even th ...more
Doni
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tidings of Joy is a refreshing & sweet Christmas romance. It's another delightful
story. You will fall in love with Drew, Joy, Bacon the puppy & Pete the donkey.
Drew is the town's mailman. He had heard there was a new neighbor on his route.
The second Joy opened the door, there
were sparks between Drew & Joy.
A MUST READ!!!
Elizabeth Fiscus
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect story to read on a cold, snowy day! It made me smile and gave me such a warm feeling. Drew is such a sweetheart and Joy is a wonderful lady. The addition of the animals was really cute too! I highly recommend this story if you are looking for a book that will make you happy and laugh too!
Vickey Mcgee
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Winner

Wow! What a beautiful story and the writing is superbly done. The human characters are very realistically portrayed in words. Being I love animals I have to say I love Pete and Bacon the most. It's a heartwarming story that will warm your heart and it's clean so all ages can enjoy. This series is a must read for the holidays.
Jeene Hobbs
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
More December reading

It’s my tradition to read holiday books in December. While I’m getting a late start, Shanna Hatfield’s Friendly Beasts is an excellent choice. It is a lighthearted, fun, and sometimes downright funny read. Watch for those Grinch underwear! The friendly beasts are matchmaking 4 longtime friends in need of love in a small Oregon town.
Amy Petrowich
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warm fuzzies all around

Joy lives up to her name and Drew is just about the perfect hero. I want a pet donkey! This book is just special. Drew is a hero who doesn’t see himself as anything special. He just does what’s right because it’s the right thing to do. Joy has plenty of reason to be sad, yet she lives to bring Joy to the world. Together they are even better!
Cindy Nipper
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tidings of Joy

Another sweet book!  I loved how these two stories were happening at practically the same time without the men sharing their tales or burdens!  Men!  If the women were all friends like these four men, there wouldn't be much mystery to read about!  There's nothing like love to make the shy introvert a bold an affectionate man!
Eileen
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story! This series is heartwarming and funny. This is the second book and I loved Seth and Joy's story. The characters are believable and you root for them from when they first meet. Well written and leaves you wanting more.
Pat Christie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ebook

He’s the mailman and does so much more for the people on his route. She’s new in town and really pretty but he doesn’t get to know her till she slips on the ice and hurts her knee. He falls for her, she falls for him but neither realizes the other feels the same
Joyce A. Warne
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

I have read the first 2 books and #3 is waiting . The first one was good, but this one was better, so funny I laughed out loud several times, his bad day was so funny! I have read most of her books. Thanks again for such good books.
Sallie roark
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tidings of joy

If you love awesome animals, super sweet people, small cozy towns,snow,Christmas and lots of laughing you seriously need to get this book,I loved every word and laughed so hard I had to go back and read the same sentence again, its a wonderful fun book.
Dawn Jorgensen
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The things that happened to Drew had me laughing my head off. I cannot wait for the next book.
Jason Kincheloe
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness

This set of books have to be some of the best I’ve ever read. Can’t wait to read the third. If you enjoy Christmas this series is a must read
Merry
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great job

I just finished your book and I enjoyed the laughs and the people. Really a heart warming and loveable story.thank you
Jerri
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laughter, Joy, Trust, Surprise, Community and Love

Shanna has combined it all together for us yet again. Pete and Bacon just add more to this fun read.
Charlene
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable Christmas series where the animals help them find love.

I love how Pete the Donkey helps Joy Cooke and Drew Miller find love. This is a sweet romance series!
Judy
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another sweet Christmas story. A puppy and a donkey are the friendly beasts who act as matchmakers this time. This is novella length so things happen quickly, but it was a nice holiday story.
Daniel Goodwin
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
So adorable

I really love this series. MS. Hatfield weaves a tapestry of words into a beautiful yarn. I love this twisted of a fairy tale.
Anita Rohn
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oops

The mailman turns rescuer leads to a humorous tale of snow and holidays and super cute animals. The whole town is involved in this scenario and you will love it.
Camille Thomas
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, and can I just say, Christmas romances can be read any time of the year.
Judy Esposito
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tidings of Joy!

What fun this was to read! As always with Shanna's books, this is well written and has a sweet storyline. Filled with romance and humor, along with wonderful characters, human and animals. I loved it. JudyE
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor

The Friendly Beasts of Faraday (4 books)
  • Scent of Cedar (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 1)
  • Boughs of Holly (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 3)
  • Wings of an Angel (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 4)