Start by marking “Das Licht der Liebe (Herzenssachen #1)” as Want to Read:
Das Licht der Liebe (Herzenssachen #1)

Das Licht der Liebe

(Hearts Entwined #1)

Ein Titel der Herzenssachen Serie

Trevor ist ein umwerfend attraktiver Mann und der erfolgreiche Besitzer einer Kette von Autowerkstätten. Er ist gewöhnt, im Mittelpunkt der Aufmerksamkeit zu stehen, bewundert zu werden und zu bekommen, was er will. Vor allem sind das leidenschaftliche Affären ohne Bindung mit Männern, die er in Clubs kennenlernt. Das erwartet er auch, als
Published March 27th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Das Licht der Liebe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Das Licht der Liebe

Karen
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the heart sees what the eyes don't...

Trevor's an attractive and successful businessman. He's use to getting whatever man he wants. If his bed's empty it's because he wants it that way. He's a player. He does one night stands, hook-ups but not relationships and that's been fine up until now...up until he looks up and across the dance floor of the club where he's out with some friends and sees James. He's drawn to James and thinks he's the most beautiful man he's ever laid eyes on.

Tre
~Mindy Lynn~

This was a book I was really looking forward to reading. Although it didn't live up to my anticipation I still liked it.

Trevor's a mechanic and a successful business owner of many mechanic shops. He's a regular at the clubs where he's always looking for someone for the night but never the someone for forever. He's been hurt in the past and still struggles with those hurts and has no plans of changing for anyone. That is until he see's James sitting all by his lonesome. He's attractive to James a
BWT (Belen)

Andrew Grey excels at writing sweet, relatively low angst love stories. This is no different. Heart Unseen didn't deliver any surprises, and was a bit over the top and cheesy at times, but it's an easy read and an even better listen.

Greg Tremblay does such a great job bringing Trevor and James to life. His character voices, timing, and pacing are terrific and so easy to listen to. He made this seven plus hour audiobook fly by.

I wanted to wrap up James and Trevor in a big hug by the end of this
~Volha~
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** 3.75 stars **

This is my first time reading a work by Andrew Grey and I can say that I genuinely enjoyed the story. It was fluid, even though there was not much going on in the story, it still managed to suck me in so to speak. First thing I noticed was the lack of any cuss words which is unusual to me since many an author use them in contemporary romance quite often so his use of words was very interesting. It also felt that Mr Grey did a lot research about blindness and how it affects everyd
Jenny Wood
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrew, I love your stories! You have a little bit of everything in your arsenal. I’m such a sucker for your stories that I don’t even care what they’re about before I one click them or if I’m lucky, get to ARC them, like I did this one. It was no different. It reminded me of a cross between NR Walkers- Blind Faith series and your Senses series. It was just as sweet and comforting and a little sad but hopeful.

In this one, we have James, who is blind since he was about 10 years old. He has an ov
Fani *loves angst*

Like all Grey's books I've read, this one started out very promising but turned way too sappy, even boring, at some point. I'm not sure why I continue reading his books as I've yet to really love one, but the fact that they're predictable and sweet is a comfort itself, like that roast chicken that I don't exactly love but carries childhood memories and makes me feel full and comforted whenever I have it. So I think I'll read a few more in the future...
Apr 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

So - this is the sugary sweet Hallmark Channel version of m/m romance. James is a saintly blind man who finds love with Trevor, a gorgeous club kid and successful mechanic.

Trevor manages to fill multiple fantasies. He is a gym rat and nightclub playboy. He is also a a mechanic, a business owner and he rides a Harley. At the start of the book, he stalks a nightclub, certain that every man in the place wants him. He is more arro
Diverse
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april-2017-dr
4.5 Stars!

I’ve noticed something interesting about author Andrew Grey. He writes imperfectly perfect characters. I’ve seen him write love stories for paraplegics, burn victims, characters with some sort of mental diagnosis, and now a character who is blind. I have to say; it’s very welcoming. It’s rare we see this for some reason but Andrew Grey doesn’t shy away from it, he embraces it.

Heart Unseen is a sweet and beautiful love story about a gorgeous man who gets anyone he wants just by winking
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
Really sweet and sometimes a bit too much cheesy, but in the end a lovely story I highly recommend when you're in the mood for a nice and easy book that will make you smile 😊
Lelyana
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, arc, disability, mm, dsp
This is Andrew Grey's classic with all the sweetness.
Reminds me of one of his book Love Comes in Darkness that I haven't read yet.
Now I need to push it up.
I liked the chemistry between James and Trevor. james isn't a typical helpless disable. He survived and stand on his own feet. That's what made Trevor admired him from the start.
Met in a bar one night, James had to put his trust in Trevor to take care of him once, twice and by time, it's James who's really taking care of Trevor. How sweet.
Ja
Cindi
4.5 stars, rounded up.

More detailed review can be found at On Top Down Under Book Reviews.

Trevor is a man-slut and doesn’t care who knows it. All he wants is hot, no-strings sex. He had a relationship once and has no desire to venture down that road again. More than a little vain, he knows he looks good with his jet black hair, leather jacket, and motorcycle. He’s a bad boy and not the least bit ashamed. He’s at a club with his friends when he sees a good looking guy sitting alone at a table acr
Tammy
Victoria  love books
I loved this sweet amazing story of love
Anke
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps 3.5 stars

It was a nice, easy read, exactly what I was in the mood for after reading all than online-stuff over the last days. In the beginning Trevor was a shallow idiot, but he came around soon. The whole thing was moving along rather smoothly, then came some drama that was solved pretty quick, but then it went on again. Nevertheless a nice happy ending and thankfully no implementing of the next book.
Therefore I'm glad I already bought it and will start reading soon.

Joyfully Jay
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

I really loved this odd-couple romance because James’s disability is handled so well. Blind characters are not new for the author, and I felt in total sync with James and his blindness throughout. Trevor isn’t sure how to get a man attracted to him without using his face or body, but he’s drawn to James because James listens with his heart, and sees with his fingertips. They have a sweet romance, with Trevor slowing the pace so he can have a physical relationship
Nerea
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 I enjoyed this one, I need to read an Andrew's book between intense books because I know they are going to be low angst and Im 100% sure about the no cheating and nice guys xD

In this one we have this "I dont want commitment, I only fuck around" guy that falls for the sweet and blind guy James. James is adorable, he had a bad experience opening to guys before, they try to take avantage of him because his disability... But surprisingly, Trevor something special on him and decide to act caref
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I could have read this story without any title page, and I still would have known I was reading an Andrew Grey book. The author’s sweet nature, his optimistic outlook on life, and his wholesomeness shine through the story of a young blind man and the hot guy who seems to be crushing on him.

James lost his sight by age twelve, and though his mother continues to treat him as if he’s helpless, he’s not, and he’s out with a friend at a gay bar as the story opens. Unfortunately, he’s been pretty much
Wanji
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I would have DNF but 2.5 because of the narrator. the plot was exhausting. the MCs had a lot of self pity, "I'm unlovable" syndrome, especially James. the author had a tendency to 'tell". I'm clearly in the minority here.
Rachel Emily
I agree completely with Susan's great review, so you should read that. There was just something that kept me from connecting and falling in love with the story, and for whatever reason, that's just how I sometimes am with stories from this author.
Serena Yates
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2017
A romantic love story with minimal angst, a lot of heart, and interesting characters was exactly what I needed to read right now. I know that I can always rely on Andrew Grey “delivering” when warmth and gentleness with a touch of realism is needed, and luckily ‘Heart Unseen’ was next on my list. Trevor and James are an intriguing pairing: with Trevor relying on his looks to conquer his one-night stands and James blind since he was ten, this promised to be an interesting read. Add the fact that ...more
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR & 1/2 - STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
I passed this one when it first came out because it never really caught my eye, even though the synopsis did interest me.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person

Trevor's a good-looking, hard-working guy with a hobby of clubbing with his two best friends and scoring hook-ups as a way to escape the pain of his past.
James is a golden-hearted angel brought to the club by one of his frie
Annie
When I begin an Andrew Grey book, I know it will be low on the angst and high on the sweetness. In that way Heart Unseen met my expectations. The depth of the characters exceeded my expectations though. I think this book will remain one of my favorites by this author because it never felt like the sappiness weighed down the characters. The characters and story still packed a punch that kept me engaged cover to cover.

Left blind from a childhood disease, James isn’t expecting to meet anyone when h
T.M. Smith
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Trevor sees James across the crowded room at a local bar, sparks fly. The self professed mans man that will never settle down, will spend his life fucking around with any guy lucky enough to be given his attention, finds a guy that is immune to all his charms. It's a foreign concept for Trevor when the beautiful man rebuffs his attention.

James has been blind since he was a child, but he can still see people. Their intentions, personality and attitude don't require eyes to define. James is a
Wax
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-have, mm
Relatively low angst romance between an owner of several auto shops and a teacher for the blind. Trevor has made his businesses a success but he he only deals with no-strings one-night stands. When he meets James, though, that all changes. James has been dealing with blindness for years and is self-sufficient, but has come to accept that he'll never be able to have a relationship. Both MCs had things in their past that were holding them back and they each had to work through issues including fin ...more
Relly
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-2017-read
Enjoyable

I enjoyed this one. I'm a sucker for a blind MC and I think that Mr Grey did a good job for his portrayal of James. He showed James's independence, his vulnerability at times, his bravery and the trust that is required to live his day to day life.
The story as a whole was well done, I enjoyed seeing Trevor and James work to make a life together, but I did feel that there was a lot of stuff thrown at them in the end that wasn't really needed.
Christine
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, m-m-read
You can always tell one of Andrew Greys sweet romances. This was a lovely journey with a few angsty moments. Overall a wonderful HEA story.

James lost his sight at 12 and grows up with a mother who wants him to be independent but doesn't know how to let go.
Trevor is a man who was tragically hurt when a young man so has closed his heart to anyone and become a major player. Flitting from one hookup to the next.
Sweet things start to happen when these men meet in a crowded club.
Natalija
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
I'll be in minority and say that I didn't enjoy the book. This author used to write good stories, but then it became quantity over quality and it's very noticeable. The premise itself wasn't bad, but the characters were really off. They sounded too mature for their age, and I honestly didn't like either of them. Also, this book has the most convenient plot twists I have seen in a very long time: starting with meeting Trevor at the country club, meeting Collin at the dinner party, butt dialing, b ...more
**Kaycee**
**2 stars**

This story was ok enough to finish, but I thought the conversations between the MCs to be very adolescent. There was no excitement to the story, so I didn't feel invested in the characters.
This was a very good premise, but fell short.
Taylor Freeman
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Signs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #4)
  • A Heart for Robbie
  • Living Again
  • Sweet Giordan, Please Remember (Hearts in Reverie #1)
  • Playing With Fire
  • Nachos & Hash (Mary's Boys, #1)
  • The Geek and His Artist
  • Puzzle Me This
  • I Can See For Miles
  • Under the Stars
  • Bring Him Home
  • Guarding January
  • Despite the Odds (Odds Are, #1)
  • Ever the Same (Love is Blind #1)
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • No Sacrifice
  • Grand Adventures
  • Foxe Fire (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #4)

m/m romance author

Hearts Entwined (4 books)
  • Heart Unheard (Hearts Entwined, #2)
  • Heart Untouched (Hearts Entwined #3)
  • Heart Unbroken (Hearts Entwined #4)