Start by marking “The Mafia's Black Opal (Crime Family Treasures, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mafia's Black Opal (Crime Family Treasures, #1)

The Mafia's Black Opal (Crime Family Treasures, #1)

Valerio Marchioni

Six years ago, I got the job I never wanted—being the head of the Italian Mafia. There’s no room to take my position lightly. I do whatever is required of me, according to the rules passed down from my father, including marrying someone I’m not in love with. I hold respect for her as the mother of my children and a former member of another Italian family.
Published September 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Mafia's Black Opal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mafia's Black Opal

Start your review of The Mafia's Black Opal (Crime Family Treasures, #1)
Sassy Southern
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Valerio Marchioni was forced to marry a girl he never loved at 18 years old and they have 6 kids together and she is pregnant with twins. When Valerio heads out of twon for business he has a sinking feeling that something is wrong and he returns home to see his twin girls alive but their mother has been kidnapped.
Kat has been held captive for 6 months when she is rescued by a stranger looking for his wife. She knows is better to pretend she has no memories of her own past and is taken in by
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was freaking crazy. You knew that there was going to be a big twist, but it was definitely one that makes you go wow. I really enjoyed this book and give it a 4.5 outta 5. I liked the characters and the story line, but I also didn't initially click with them, but I was intrigued from the very beginning!

All in all, I thought this was a very interesting mafia read that held my attention and had strong characters and twists and turns to keep the reader intrigued! If you like mafia reads,
Jean
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing and I loved reading it and I became so addicted to it that I had to keep turning the page's to see what happens next. Valerio is a mafia boss and had to marry for convenience not love which was what he wanted to do, then his wife is taken and for six months he is looking for her but has run out of leads in that time he has rescued so many women from trafficking rings and got them to safety and home. The last place that he goes is were Kat has been kept for six ...more
Donna
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book about a young woman named Kat who had been kidnapped by sex slavers, it seems, and then rescued by a mafia crime lord named Valerio, who takes her back to his home. Valerio had actually been looking for his wife who had been taken months before, but was not successful in finding her. Kat has a big secret that might cause her death if Valerio finds it out. While living in his home with his many children from his missing wife, Valerio and Kat fall deeply in love. The months go ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This duo is new to me, and while I'm certainly intrigued with their writing style which gripped me instantly, there's some things in this story that had me conflicted. Valerio Marchioni is the head of his crime family now, but he had to jump through some hoops, like taking a wife he never wanted, though they had plenty of kids. When she's kidnapped one day, he's at a loss who took her, and while he actually looked for her for about 6 months, he never got a hint at where she may be, or even who ...more
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of the Mafia genre and I have to say that this was a different take on the subject. I was surprised and not sure at first if I was really going to like it as I am used to more alpha when it comes to Mafia leads. Valerio and Kat are fun to read and think that the thoughts they have and the feelings they are going through you can truly understand. I really loved the detail that was put into the story and the little details that were used to give the characters their edge. I did think ...more
Carlee
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I love me some Mafia stories, books, movies, fan fictions whatever i love to read it. But this story's a little different, it not only shows a little of the Mafia side of it, but a major focus, is side we don't often see or hear of in these stories, The family and the home life.
Add to it the missing wife, and Valerio search for her, the helping of the other women who have also been kidnapping, and then Kat, it just hooks you in and doesnt let go

The fact the wife wasn't name and referred to as
Breen Rdz
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“It hasn’t been long since I started reading mafia books and I absolutely love them so of course I wanted to read this book. And I must say that I’m so pleased of what I read and how the story developed. Not gonna lie, most of the time I was on the edge desperately trying to read more faster to see how things will end. The story was dark and full of twists and turns. What I loved the most is how well written it was. The characters were flawless and unique. Valerio wasn’t what I expected! His ...more
Vicki Stephens
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Crime Family Treasures series. Valerio Marchioni is a New York City Italian mob boss whose wife is kidnapped while he is on a business trip. As he searches for his wife, Valerio frees many kidnapped women and returns them to their families except for one woman who has no place to go. He refers to this woman as Her since she won’t provide a name. This woman is placed in his home and knows if Valerio finds out who she really is that it will result in her death.
This
Ashley Munoz
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then you just need a good, dark and gritty read that pulls you in and keeps you transfixed.
That's exactly what this book did for me. There are so many dimensions and layers to the families and the wars that happen between the mafia, it was a great experience to read a book so thoroughly thought out and planned.
Great plotline, great characters! Can't wait to see what else this duo puts together.
Heather Wamboldt
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A dark mafia romance...

The Mafia's Black Opal is the first book in the Crime Family Treasures series and the first I have read by these authors. The characters are well developed and have amazing chemistry. The storyline is complex and well written, with mystery, suspense, secrets, family, and romance. This story captures your interest and does not let up until the end.

I cannot wait for the next book in this series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Theresa Doherty
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I loved it, the underlying story going through the book was like tendrils snaking out and attaching themselves, so many secrets, and half truths, twists and turns, I cant wait for more, I need answers now, brilliant read.

E&A Book
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was dark, with twists and turns, that left my mind reeling. I could not turn the pages fast enough and the ending left me with a jaw dropping what if question about Kat. I can not wait to see what happens next and how this story plays out.
Karen
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Engaging, some mystery, suspense, family romance story from the Crime Family Treasures series. Intriguing strong chemistry with well-developed characters. The well-written book kept my attention throughout, enjoyed reading. I have voluntarily chosen to read and review this book.
Maria Vela
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story from beginning to end, I normally I'm not into mafia stories but this book got my attention and I really liked every word. Looking forward to reading more books from this Author!
LaToya Toney
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a lover of mafia romance I was excited to read this book by a new to me author. This was more about the inside of the mafia family. Not a lot of business but dealt more with affairs of the heart. I loved Valerio he had a big responsibility put on him at a young age. His love for his children endeared him to me the most. I have my theories on Kat. I liked her as a character. I'm looking forward to the next book and more from this author.
Elvira
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. It was a great with the having characters that are well developed and engaging and have plenty of chemistry. The flow of the storyline was steady and smooth.

Laiba Malik
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being a huge fan of mafia romance I found this book highly entertaining with an interesting plot

Looking forward to more books by Tiffany
Tayra Sanders
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great story. I thought the story was very well written and flowed well. The story kept me glued to the pages to see how everything would turn out.
Stacy Curtice
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first mafia read and I think it was a great introduction. I was drawn in from the first page and didn’t want to put it down. This book is exciting, sweet and sexy. It’s a must read!!
Lisa Hahn
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great story filled with suspense. Kat is kidnapped. Valerio's wife is also taken. He searches high and low for her. He stumbles across Kat in his search. He keeps her at his house. she has no place to go as she was afraid of Him.
As they live together they fall in love. He is the head of the Mafia and always on alert. Kat gets taken for a 2nd. He looks for her.
Was a bit bummed it didn't really put closure on the first wife. Was she even found, dead?
Great characters and plot.
Avidez Literaria
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
“The ring that changes everything. How long until he finds out my secret and this ring is ripped right off of my finger?”

Valerio Marchioni's future was traced back to his birth. Heir to the mafia, one day he would be the boss, and because of that, he would have to follow some rules, even against his will. Marriage of convenience with a complete stranger is something that even after so long, he still resents. Everything in his life is controlled by his father. Up to the number of children he
Rebecca Austin
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
I really liked the premise of the book but there were parts of the book that I really struggled with and that did influence how I rated the book.

I liked Valerio and how hard he worked at trying to locate his wife at the beginning. He looked hard for about 6 months and was able to rescue other women, such as Kat, but once he found Kat it seemed to slow down his desire to keep looking. I understood that he married for duty and with Kat he found a passion unlocked within himself that made him feel
Tiffany Readz
Not For Me

While I am a fan of the mafia genre, this take on it didn't tickle my fancy. Tiffany Raniser took a different aspect of the mafia life and expanded on it, the family life. I'm into the grittier, dark and angsty side of it.

We meet Valerio Marchioni, reluctant head of the Italian Mafia, something he whines and cries about this entire book. Valerio came off as a soft character, an unrealistic one, a guy that rivals would be able to take out in an instance because he was constantly
Kandy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This story takes you on an inside look of a Mafia boss and his family, the struggles they face as the boss over the families and how they take charge when someone threatens their own family.

This was a good story line for me and not one I usually venture into. There is all kinds of drama that surrounds Valerio while he searches for his kidnapped wife while he was away. He rescues a lot of women that have been victim of sex trafficking ring even offering to help them get to a destination of their
James DeVries
Sep 30, 2019
Tiffany Ransier
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Justin Cox
Sep 24, 2019
Haizel Arcillas
May 30, 2019

• The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Confess
  • The Playboy
  • Sinful Truth (Sinful Truths Book 1)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • A Man Who Knows What He Wants: Books 1-10
  • Brooklyn Bratva (Russian Underworld #1)
  • Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)
  • The Royal Arrangement (The Rebel Queen Duet, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Dark King (Advantage Play, #2)
  • Loveable Rogue: A Military Romance (SAS Rogue Unit Book 3)
  • Beast: The Beginning (Hate Story, #1)
  • Master of Secrets (Gods of Vegas Book 4)
  • LAKE (Trinity Academy #3)
  • Prohibit (Benson Siblings #3)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
Tiffany Ransier is a multi-genre author. She loves writing twisty, heart-stopping novels. She has a love for diving in to different worlds and making theories about books and shows.

She lives in SoCal with her parents and younger brother. Her boyfriend is James Ransier, another author. They are the parents of an adorable Siberian Husky/Shiba Inu mix named Peg.

When she’s not writing or reading, she