Start by marking “Revenge on the Rye (The London Murder Mysteries Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Revenge on the Rye (The London Murder Mysteries Book 5)

Revenge on the Rye

(London Murder Mystery #5)

Beth Haldane, SE21’s answer to Miss Marple, thinks she is going for a carefree stroll on Peckham Rye with her best friend, Katie, and her annoying new puppy, Teddy. But before she knows it, she is embroiled in her most perplexing mystery yet.

Strange events from her family’s past, present-day skulduggery in the art world, and the pressures of moving school in south London
Published December 13th 2018 by Crooked Cat Books

To ask other readers questions about Revenge on the Rye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge on the Rye

DJ Sakata
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

So, you’re telling me there’s a bit of a #MeToo movement building up in the park against young Teddy here? … Perhaps you might want to think about getting him, erm, done? I’m not sure what age they need to be to have the op, but that would definitely sort out his hormones, I should think. Even a Dachshund isn’t going to look that irresistible if you’ve had your danglers cut off, I dare say.

‘Liquorice? Oh, is that your dog?’ looking under the bench at the little wiry-haired creatu
Elaine
This is the first book I’ve read by this author and it won’t be the last! I really liked how she shared her main character’s thoughts and reactions, making it easy to relate to her throughout the story. Whilst this is the fifth book in the series, I can vouch for it reading well as a standalone. I found it a highly entertaining read with plenty of mystery, revelations and surprises served along with a dash of humour. The victim is discovered on Peckham Rye when Beth’s friend Katie’s puppy, Teddy ...more
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Back in Dulwich with Beth, her son Ben is on the cusp of an important interview at the prestigious Wyatt’s, which will determine whether he will be starting there in year seven but of course Beth has something to distract her, by stumbling across a dead body with a dog sitting next to it!

The dead man turns out to be artist Mark Smeaton, who didn’t seem to have an enemy in the world. Roping in her reluctant friend Katie, she dives head first into the mystery.
Another fun and entertaining cosy myst
Rekha Rao
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! I came across this series pretty recently and I am looking forward to reading the first four books.

The dead guy is a renowned artist. Who might have killed him and why? Beth decides to solve the mystery and she has a lot of hurdles to cross on her way.

There are three pets in the story: Colin, the chocolate lab, was so adorable!! A well behaved dog when compared to... ahem, Teddy. Teddy is... I have no words to describe that fella! Magpie, Beth's pet cat whose least favori
Els
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 5 in the series and my second one. I was so charmed by the main character in the stories that I was really looking forward to the sequel.

Well, Beth is still funny and the author had me totally eating out of the palm of her hand by having not one but two dogs playing a big role.

When I compare the two books I have read, I feel like this one was slower paced. In my opinion the focus was more on Beth’s private life than on the murder case, but it did not disturb me. I liked the story even thoug
Steph Warren
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free ARC of this book with thanks to the author and Rachel Gilbey at Rachel’s Random Resources blog tours. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

This fifth book in The London Murder Mysteries series was definitely my favourite and functions perfectly well as a standalone, but I would personally recommend reading the series in order to get the ‘full Beth’ experience!

Here Alice Castle has found the perfect balance of Beth’s personal life as a single mum with a grumpy boy
Lexi
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine the pressure cooker of mums stressing about getting into the best day school in Dulwich … code-named “Wyatts” … in between yoga classes and chai lattes. Then add a dog walk in the park with a naughty puppy (probably pedigree), and a bored busy-body, and you have the perfect setting for a “yummy mummy” murder mystery.

The lead is rather irritatingly nosy – quite how her police boyfriend put up with her is beyond me, but setting that aside, I liked the mix of characters. My favourite though
Rosemarie
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Reading as part of blog tour, full review on my blog 3rd February 2019.
Kath Middleton
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once again Beth stumbles upon a dead body – that of a man out walking his dog on Peckham Rye. The man’s dog remains steadfastly by his side and Beth sees no option but to look after it until her boyfriend Harry and his team solve the case. Beth has never kept her nose out of any of the cases she’s been involved with and this one is no exception. Alice Castle manages to capture the spirit of the modern go-getting mummy as her son and his friend take the entrance exam for the top school Wyatt’s.
Th
Carole
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revenge on the Rye is the fifth book in this cozy mystery series set in Dulwich in London and, this time Beth's friend Katie has a new puppy which they innocently take for a walk on nearby Peckham Rye ...... but when they stumble upon an elderly labrador sitting obediently next to his dead owner, Beth, of course, can't resist trying to find the who, the why, the how and the whodunnit!

From art world spying to grafitti art, from a naughty puppy to an older, well brought up dog, this is a tale of c
Caroline Venables
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the London Murder Mysteries series. I love the character of Beth and her uncanny knack of finding dead bodies where ever she goes.

Her friend has got a puppy, Teddy, who is trouble on lead, so Beth finds herself going on dog walks with her. It is on one of these walks that they (whilst chasing Teddy) discover a body in the undergrowth. Beth being Beth has to find out what happened to the poor man.

So she embarks on another mystery but this time with her best friend and with t
Marissa
Fran Abbott
Dec 31, 2018
Jan 07, 2019
Cheryl J
rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2019
George
Jan 03, 2019
Sally
Jan 05, 2019
Alice Castle lives in South London with her two children, two stepchildren, two cats and her husband. She was a feature writer on the Daily Express for many years and has written for most other national newspapers. She has a degree in Modern History from St Andrews University, is the British Royalty expert for Flemish TV, and lived in Brussels for eight years. Her first novel, Hot Chocolate, sold ...more

London Murder Mystery (5 books)
  • Death in Dulwich
  • The Girl in the Gallery
  • Calamity in Camberwell (The London Murder Mysteries Book 3)
  • Homicide in Herne Hill